Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Who met Ron wood or other Stones ?
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 27, 2018 14:18

Elmo Lewis
Palace Revolution 2000
Met Keith ages ago in NYC in an elevator, and he gave me money.

I tend to give Keith (and the other Stones) my money!

Quite so .

Pity its not the other way round a bit more often winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 27, 2018 16:02

chatoyancy
I'm pretty close to Mick and Keith. I don't know Ron well but when Keith introduced me to him he kissed me on the cheek. The new songs sound great.

The new songs sound great.

Thx a lot for this true insider's info! thumbs up

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: November 27, 2018 17:46

Met Charlie 3 times :

1st time at the New Morning jazz club in Paris when he came with his ABC&D of Boogie Woogie band on October 2nd, 2011. We had a very quick chat between the 2 shows (when the venue was empty). He came to the bar for a bottle of orange juice and he asked about Kurt Elling earlier show.

2nd time lasted longer (still at New Morning) when Tim Ries asked me invitations for Charlie and his crew to attend on October 2017 the show of jazz trio Danilo Perez + John Patitucci + Brian Blade. Charlie was sitting next behind me and stayed the first set. We even took a nice shoot in the parking before he left.

3rd time : I was backstage thanks to his security guy (Dan) just to say hi to him before the Marseille concert last June 26.

YM
ps : unfortunately, I'm still disappointed not to have been able to meet Ron in Marseille (as we had to offer him in hand a special Hendrix painted Strat for his birthday).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-27 17:48 by Yazid Manou.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 18:59

Rocky Dijon
Would have been 1987 or 1988 for The Gunslingers.

It was when a I was at Ohio State...so yeah, those could be the years....so long ago. Lol

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: TheBlackRose ()
Date: November 28, 2018 05:06

In August 2017 we met Ronnie during a book signing. It was quick and chaotic, Ronnie was very kind though. Afterwards we met all of them backstage during the No Filter 2017 tour in Düsseldorf. It was quick, but they were all very nice. During the No Filter tour 2018 we met Ronnie, Sally and the twins backstage again. They are such a nice people. I'm really looking forward to the 2019 tour!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 28, 2018 07:35

Back during rehearsals in 2013, Charlie stepped on my foot when he came out to greet some of the fans.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 7, 2018 19:57

BluzDude
Back during rehearsals in 2013, Charlie stepped on my foot when he came out to greet some of the fans.

the insensitive bastid!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: December 11, 2018 21:08

chatoyancy
I'm pretty close to Mick and Keith. Should I be talking about it? They never told me not to. I guess it's my choice. I don't know Ron well but when Keith introduced me to him he kissed me on the cheek. The new songs sound great. They never give me money, rather I wouldn't accept it. By the way Keith's assistant in the elevator who handed you money was probably Gary S. or Roy M.

Yeah, probably not Tony R. as he's just not that friendly lol.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: December 11, 2018 21:13

I've met Lisa, Bernard a number of times, Chuck a couple times, Darryl, Patti, Sugar and Etta (lol), Marlon, Tony S (he's given me a dozen Keith guitar picks) and Bolts, a very friendly guy who's been quite kind to me getting me three Keith autographs. I feel like I'm getting closer to meeting Keith and am determined to hit the jackpot this next tour. All I need is a sh*t load of luck and the kindness of others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-11 21:14 by GAFF.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 12, 2018 01:54

Met Bill twice.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 12, 2018 06:49

Mick 1x Boston
Keith 2x, Boston/Chicago
Ronnie 3x, Boston(2)/Chicago (1)
Charlie 2x, Boston
Bill 2x, Boston/London
Mick Taylor 3x, Boston(2)/New York (1)

Bobby, Chuck, Lisa, Bernard, Blondie all at least 1x

And hung out with Roy for several hours in Boston one evening which included my friend cutting his hair in his room at the hotel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-12 06:58 by JMARKO.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 12, 2018 08:19

I am proud to say that I have met every one of them except for Brian Jones at various places around the world, at off stage moments, but most proud of meeting Ian Stewart during a break at a show at at the 100 Club in London ages ago.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 3, 2019 13:45

chatoyancy
I'm pretty close to Mick and Keith. Should I be talking about it? They never told me not to. I guess it's my choice. I don't know Ron well but when Keith introduced me to him he kissed me on the cheek. The new songs sound great. They never give me money, rather I wouldn't accept it. By the way Keith's assistant in the elevator who handed you money was probably Gary S. or Roy M.

Chatoyancy, you have been dropping coy hints about your close personal relationship with the Stones for the last five years. Why not just be direct and tell us who you are, or drop it? Other people with real life involvement or history have been straightforward, eg James Phelge, various studio personnel and others.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 3, 2019 16:03

I met Bernard Fowler and got his autograph after a Bruce Willis concert, of all places. He was doing backup vocals for the opening act, if I recall correctly. He was very nice, but I was too nervous to chat him up.

I sorta had an encounter with Ron Wood. He did a solo concert here in Atlanta, Georgia one time, I believe it was the day after the presidential election in 1996. Anyway, I waited with the crowd behind the theater after the show. They had announced that he wasn't feeling well so he wouldn't be visiting with the crowd and signing autographs. Anyway, he came out and quickly made his way to the tour bus. As he was climbing the bus steps, I yelled out "Great show, Woody!" He tilted his head back and made a grunt/moan noise in response.

Those are my Rolling Stones encounters!

Posted by: illyad ()
Date: March 3, 2019 21:05

I sort of met them back stage in Toronto in the Skydome December 1994. Got a working pass from a friend doing business with the stones.Pass allowed me access to food and drinks. Realizing I was drinking on the Stones tab, I grabbed two Labatt's and drank them as quickly as I could so as to grab two more. My friend had instructed me to place myself behind the stage area around 9:30 pm as the Stones would be entering the stage around then. I did as instructed and made sure I was 10-15 minutes early. when I arrived there were three other men standing beside me. In the darkness I did recognize Dan Aykroyd, the actor with two of his non-famous friends. Dan and I looked each other over and I said "Dan Aykroyd, the actor, Right? I like your work". Dan responded by thanking me and asking my name and where I was from. Couldn't have been nicer. He asked where I had seen the Stones on this tour and I mention the MGM in Vegas and Dan got excited. "That must have been like hearing the Stones in Church". We chatted on Stones stuff and then Dan gave us the skinny. The Stones will be arriving in 7 separate SUVs. Mick, then Keith, Charlie Ronnie. I aced how the arrangement were for the remaining band members and the remaining SUVs and Dan Aykroyd said "Do you really care? I don't". Dan was correct. Seven SUVs did arrive with the said passengers. All the Stones passed us and offered us greetings. Outside of the warm interaction with Dan Aykroyd the most memorable part was noticing how small physically the Stones themselves were. I am 5'9" but each of the Stones would have to look up to look me in the eye.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2019 23:26

illyad
I sort of met them back stage in Toronto in the Skydome December 1994. Got a working pass from a friend doing business with the stones.Pass allowed me access to food and drinks. Realizing I was drinking on the Stones tab, I grabbed two Labatt's and drank them as quickly as I could so as to grab two more. My friend had instructed me to place myself behind the stage area around 9:30 pm as the Stones would be entering the stage around then. I did as instructed and made sure I was 10-15 minutes early. when I arrived there were three other men standing beside me. In the darkness I did recognize Dan Aykroyd, the actor with two of his non-famous friends. Dan and I looked each other over and I said "Dan Aykroyd, the actor, Right? I like your work". Dan responded by thanking me and asking my name and where I was from. Couldn't have been nicer. He asked where I had seen the Stones on this tour and I mention the MGM in Vegas and Dan got excited. "That must have been like hearing the Stones in Church". We chatted on Stones stuff and then Dan gave us the skinny. The Stones will be arriving in 7 separate SUVs. Mick, then Keith, Charlie Ronnie. I aced how the arrangement were for the remaining band members and the remaining SUVs and Dan Aykroyd said "Do you really care? I don't". Dan was correct. Seven SUVs did arrive with the said passengers. All the Stones passed us and offered us greetings. Outside of the warm interaction with Dan Aykroyd the most memorable part was noticing how small physically the Stones themselves were. I am 5'9" but each of the Stones would have to look up to look me in the eye.

Yeh??duhhh.is it important how tall or small someone is?i think its important if you are a good person. Not if you talk to a person like dan. Wtf is dan. We are all the same. Come on.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-03 23:26 by runrudolph.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 4, 2019 02:43

Said to Keith "Hey Keith how are you", he looked sharp and relaxed and nodded back, in person up close he sort of looks right into you and it's a bit scary really, well he was back then.
Was a few feet away from him throughout the show at The Town And Country Club with the Wino's December 17th 92', i will never forget his dark eyes, scanning the crowd from start to finish, i swear he hovered while playing at times lol, would love to know what he was on that night.
It was weird the way he and the band did this voodoo circle thing before the first song, strange anti climax, there was something unreal about Keith, (and i drove home that night so stayed clean and sober throughout the show, so it's not like i was seeing things.) He's sort of liquid limbed, the bi-holic man would sum him up as a super hero lol. But yeah obviously he's just a man, but back then he was larger than life, or at least that's how i saw him.
I don't know, he fascinated me anyway, he's not what he seems, something dark going on in there but with an equal measure of soul, at least that's the impression i got back then, he seems to have turned into a benign old man these days, he's obviously beat his demons, but he's not that Keith now is he, not Keith @#$%& Richards if you know what i mean winking smiley

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 4, 2019 09:26

I met Bård. That's as close as I got.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 4, 2019 12:10

chatted and autograph with BILL in 89 I think at his book signing in Manchester - remember he had only eyes for the good looking girl I was with, she took it as a compliment, still got the book at home Stone Alone

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 4, 2019 14:20

no

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-04 15:13 by hopkins.

Date: March 4, 2019 16:35

Bliss
chatoyancy

Chatoyancy, you have been dropping coy hints about your close personal relationship with the Stones for the last five years. Why not just be direct and tell us who you are, or drop it? Other people with real life involvement or history have been straightforward, eg James Phelge, various studio personnel and others.
I have always thought Le Chat has been straight, nonchalant and matter of fact about whatever her relationship with band is. It was another two posters here a while back, and I can't recall their names, who were incredibly annoying IMO.

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: March 4, 2019 16:37

I met BV once if that counts!

Date: March 4, 2019 16:40

Meeting big stars has always been interesting to me.
I had written a long post about many encounters, but deleted it all.
We should start a new thread with only stories about encounters with rockn rollers.

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: March 4, 2019 18:13

I met Bill 4 times backstage in Germany and Netherland with the Rhyhm Kings, Mick Taylor 3 times after a Solo Show and Bernard Fowler 4 times after and before Solo Shows. Last time in January this year in Cologne "A Bowie Celebration".

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: March 4, 2019 18:29

This is an article about my meeting Keith that was in the paper around the time of Desert Trip:

xxxxxxx, 57 of Miami has seen the Stones 40 times. One highlight was having front row seats in London, where he chatted with Richards' wife, Patti Hansen, and got a copy of the set list from Lisa Fischer. “Seeing them in their home town was simply outstanding,” he said. “The crowd was amazing.” An off-stage highlight came during a vacation in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, for his wife’s 30th birthday. They were having dinner at a tiny, out-of-the way Italian restaurant called Evita’s when his wife said, “Keith just came in.” xxxx said, “Keith who?” Then he turned around and saw Keith and Patti heading to the bar. His wife ordered him not to say hello to the guitarist and he grudgingly agreed. But, after seeing the owner hug Keith, he asked his wife if he could ask Evita if she thought it was OK say hi to him. His wife said that would be OK. So he politely told Evita he was a huge Stones fan who traveled all over the hemisphere to see them and, he wondered, would it be OK to say hello to Keith? Evita walked to the bar to ask him and Keith waved him over. “With that, both my wife and I went over and introduced ourselves,” said xxxx. “I was very calm and had a nice chat with him about the Stones. He could not have been nicer. When I said I was a huge Stones fan, he said, ‘Good, we need all we can get’ and laughed that infectious laugh. After a couple of minutes, I asked if he’d mind taking a picture with me. He said he’d be glad to and we took a great picture. It's the best souvenir I could ever want. We went back to our table and, when Keith and Patti finished their drinks, Evita sat them at the table right night to us. We finished before they did and got up to leave when Keith reached out his hand and said, "Nice to meet you, xxxx." The fact that he remembered my name an hour after meeting us and was so warm and gracious is something I will always remember.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-04 18:31 by keefmick.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 4, 2019 19:11

I met Mick in December 1996 in London at Harrod´s.
I already had spend a long time that afternoon on all floors of Harrod´s.
Back on the street I called my wife and in that call I asked her what she wishes for me for the next year.
She said: "Just let it roll more in your life, don't control every bit of your steps so much."
Knowing me well that was a good and lovely advice.
I said: "Yes I know what you are talking about."
After that I said to myself: 'Ok, why not going back to Harrod´s again?!"
And so I did. Driving with the elevator right to the sport section on 5th floor.
Just look at some Hardy fishing rods.
And who was standing there in the next room in the reebok-section trying on some T-Shirts and sweaters? Mick!
Accompanied by Darryl Jones.
Just the two. Nobody else in that section.
I went straight over. I offered my hand for a handshake, saying "The last Time I was you was in the Olympia in Paris" (The club gig during the 95er tour)
I was in the same row as your wife (Jerry Hall) and Jack Nicholson, watching over your kids."
He took my hand."Oh yes I remember, your are this long tall French fan!"
"No", I said "I'm this long tall German fan!"
Than we both laughed. And talked about that special L`Olympia-gig. And he told me that he was in the studio with Darryl today to try out some stuff. And that may be its gonna be for a new record. And that he is buying some things for Christmas now.He talked and talked with me. Nearly 5 Minutes. So friendly, open and relaxed.
Darry was quite all the way, just smiling.
Then suddenly Mick grabbed my hand again and said: "Anyway have a good Christmas and a happy new year."
And kept on trying on sweaters.
I walked like was on the moon to the next elevator.
That took a while to come up, and when it appeared Mick and Darryl also jumped in.
In could see from behind that Mick put up his sunglasses and a big scarf around chin and mouth, that nobody recognized him on the street.
Arriving on ground floor they went right to the small side street exit and jumped into a waiting limo.
I called my wife: "Darling I just followed your advice to let it more roll and went back to Harrod´s again. And guess what..."

Date: March 4, 2019 19:18

z
I met Bård. That's as close as I got.

You cannot get any closer. grinning smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 4, 2019 19:31

Why do celebs think that putting on sunglasses (on a winter's day in London), will make them less recognisable?
Bizarre.

Still, nice to read, particularly the stories of Mick and Keith just going around, doing 'normal' things.
I tend to think however, that both in the last 10 years or so are seen far less out and about. Their lives appear to be much more sheltered and the ever present security people usually in tow.
Coincidentally, the last decade has seen a waning of their creativity.
Coincidence or not?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 4, 2019 20:31

I met Mick twice and both encounters were unreal!! Fabulous meetings. The first time was in 1982 after the Tattoo You Tour in front of his NYC apartment. Had a surreal experience where he held my hand for a very long time, put his arm around my waist and squeezed...almost passed out but managed to act & speak normally, had a conversation about the tour etc, had a photo taken too!
The next meeting was in the 1998 in Montreal in the Weston Hotel bar...THAT was SOMETHING ELSE! He was flirtatious and adorable, again holding my hand for a long time, and I gave him an enormous Union Jack " so he could wear it onstage"...he thanked me, asked me about myself, I told him I'd be waving a small Union Jack that night from the 3rd row and wouldn't you know, he looked for as he said he would and danced over to me, lifted his shirt and I was able to take an awesome photo of that moment. Both encounters seemed dreamlike....I had a girlfriend with me both times so I had a witness! Needless to say, Mick exceeded ANY expectations I had about meeting with my #1 favorite person on the planet.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 4, 2019 20:38

P.S I also met all of the back-up band and went to a party where Bernard, Lisa, Chuck, Tim Reis and the entire brass section were having fun after the show in Philly. One party was at the Four Seasons and that night I had a drink with Lisa and a great conversation where she told me she felt she should be PAYING THEM for the honor of playing with them onstage. I also spent a couple of hours with Bernard. I went to an after-after party at a private club and watched the back-up players play pool and this went on until the sun came up. I was most impressed with Chuck, a true Southern gent. I happen to have a few of his cds from a band called Sea level that he was in in the 80's so we had a lot to chat about. Lisa is sweet and very modest! Oh and Daryl was there too and we talked about how it was to replace Bill Wyman. That was a wonderful 3 days in Philly!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home