Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Michael Cooper: Jones In The Park - new book
Date: June 1, 2019 04:45

GREAT pictures

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 1, 2019 08:33

paulspendel
On my Facebook page “Brian Jones, the final truth’ I posted evidence showing the London Drugs Squad planned to raid Cotchford farm in August 1969. Spanish Tony provided Brian the drugs and he provided the Drugs Squad this information. Tony informed Keylock about the upcoming raid and they knew this final raid would finish off Brian for good. He was without proper legal aid and money. This created a certain mood at Cotchford: let’s get the bastard, because the authorities were going to get him anyway.

Uh, huh, sure, okay. Evidence. All right.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: June 1, 2019 11:51

I interviewed Victor Kelaher in Exeter (UK), the disgraced head of the Sixties London Drugs Squad. He died and gave me permission to release this information. Your kind of comment like 'uh, huh, etc." always comes from people who never research anything by their own. It's so easy to post comments like you do, 24FPS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-01 11:52 by paulspendel.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: June 1, 2019 11:53

24FPS, it's to your credit i give up on this forum. Bye, Bye.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2019 12:36

paulspendel
24FPS, it's to your credit i give up on this forum. Bye, Bye.

Please reconsider. I love reading your posts. Skepticism from other people always comes when ppl share genuinely interesting info.

And about Victor Kelaher... :
[stewarthomesociety.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-01 13:13 by dcba.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 6, 2019 16:56

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 6, 2019 18:08

on the question of Brian being 'fired'..

isnt it true that he was ready to leave the band? he was already involved in the next phase of his music and post-Stones efforts..?

when Keith, Charlie and Mick went to discuss this with him, it was to arrange the settlement terms and decide how they would go about releasing this news..?

Date: June 6, 2019 18:34

duke richardson
on the question of Brian being 'fired'..

isnt it true that he was ready to leave the band? he was already involved in the next phase of his music and post-Stones efforts..?

when Keith, Charlie and Mick went to discuss this with him, it was to arrange the settlement terms and decide how they would go about releasing this news..?

No, but kind of.

It was in the air so to speak, but nothing happening from his side of things.

Date: June 6, 2019 18:43

so Brian didn't want out of the Stones? was he trying to stay in the band, after all?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 6, 2019 18:55

Deltics
24FPS
dcba
The book will come with an exclusive Keith Richards foreword :

"Brian was a bastard. Good riddance!"
KR

grinning smiley

'Yer fired, ya cock.' (Heard Keith say that in some interview).

No you didn't!

In 25X5 he says "Look cock, you're fired".
You need to understand English vernacular, in this context "cock" is actually a term of endearment.
It wasn't unusual to hear my Auntie Gladys say something like "'Ello luv! Y'all right cock?"
[observer.com]

Reminds me of the old classic...

Excuse me, have you got the time on yer, cock?

No, but I've got a watch on me wrist!

Date: June 7, 2019 02:10

duke richardson
so Brian didn't want out of the Stones? was he trying to stay in the band, after all?

He wanted to leave in 1967, but was talked out of doing so by Mick.

By 1969 his actions speak louder than anything. Not someone who really wants to be there,

Bill say's Brian mentioned wanting to leave during a session in May 1969.

Neither the band or Brian seem to have had the balls or perhaps the heart to bring it to a close officially until Mick Taylor turned up, played, was asked to join and said yes.

Bill say's Brian knew about Taylor coming to play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 02:11 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 7, 2019 15:57

duke richardson

Of course. But it wore him down and of course he was totally emasculated by Keith who in turn was to be emasculated by Mick. Let’s not pretend otherwise. This is why boy bands have managers hired by the record company. Mick obviously treated the band as one of many possible arenas for him and the members can be replaced(see Ronnie the potential new Keith in 1975). Brian and Keith had nothing else. It’s a business.

Date: June 7, 2019 16:10

Redhotcarpet
duke richardson

Of course. But it wore him down and of course he was totally emasculated by Keith who in turn was to be emasculated by Mick. Let’s not pretend otherwise. This is why boy bands have managers hired by the record company. Mick obviously treated the band as one of many possible arenas for him and the members can be replaced(see Ronnie the potential new Keith in 1975). Brian and Keith had nothing else. It’s a business.

nah.. dont agree with this assessment at all, especially the 'emasculating'...

Brian couldnt handle fame. The band wanted to continue working, but they had to get someone else. Brian knew this.

true, its a business.. but "Ronnie the new Keith" ... no, just wrong. Keith wanted Ronnie in the band, and he lived with Ronnie while Ronnie Wood made his first solo album..

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2019 17:17

Redhotcarpet
duke richardson

Of course. But it wore him down and of course he was totally emasculated by Keith

You can only be emasculated if you still have a working organ. Brian's dried and died sometime in 1968. During that year he bacame an eunuch (creatively speaking of course) then in the studio he became a liability, trampled by hot studs Mick and Keef.

Date: June 7, 2019 17:29

The drugs bust on 21st May 1968 and the long wait for the trial in September took a heavy toll on an already vulnerable and paranoid Brian. Most of Beggars Banquet had been recorded by then. No Expectations was recorded at the session on the 19th May before the bust.

Despite any tensions etc, Brian stayed with Keith at Redlands for awhile following the bust. Both Mick and Keith attended his court case in September 1968.

According to Stash, the stones were hoping that Brian would sort himself out and snap out of his destructive course. He also said Brian accepted his responsibility in the destruction of his relationship with Anita and a reconciliation of sorts occurred between Brian and Keith.

Putting all of that aside, it speaks volumes that he went to Morocco twice to record whilst Beggars Banquet was still a work in progress. Once in March with Glyn Johns then again in early July with George Chkiantz. He earlier went to Paris for his birthday.

Given all this, its surprising that he's on so many tracks from the period. A sign that atleast some workable level of the playing ability and interest was still there at that time.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 17:53 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 7, 2019 17:59

Yeah but i see that as an escape (going to Morocco). Brian was of course emasculated when he ”lost” Anita to Keith. No need to downplay that. The guy was a stud and a force up until that moment despite his ups n downs. Different guy afterwards. The busts and the drugs didnt help.

Date: June 7, 2019 18:20

Redhotcarpet
Yeah but i see that as an escape (going to Morocco). Brian was of course emasculated when he ”lost” Anita to Keith. No need to downplay that. The guy was a stud and a force up until that moment despite his ups n downs. Different guy afterwards. The busts and the drugs didnt help.

Hurt by it for sure, but it's a hard to say how much personal damage came from that as the first drugs bust and the beginning of near continual police harassment followed so soon after.

A rolling ball of events, but despite it all he's doing shit like this...

[www.youtube.com]

Although there is an obvious tragic angle due to how things played out, Brian's musical contributions during 1967 - 1968 is a triumph over adversity. Something to celebrate rather than denigrate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-08 10:31 by His Majesty.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 8, 2019 13:55

Still not sure why Brian couldn't pull himself together in 1969. He had bought Cotchford Farm in 1968 and he clearly loved it there.Sure, he was drinking too much for his own good..but hardly unusual amongst his peers. Suki P jumped ship of course...never really knew why? But Brian was hardly short of girl friends.He wasnt really broke either, hence the country house purchase.
Yet he hardly turned up at all for the Let it Bleed sessions.
Maybe Cotchford was just too comfortable, ironically.

Date: June 8, 2019 20:04

jlowe
Still not sure why Brian couldn't pull himself together in 1969.

Because he was a drug dependent, alcoholic with many personal issues.

Can take someone a lifetime to conqueror just one of those.

The meeting at Cotchford which resulted in Brian leaving and thus bringing to an end the real Rolling Stones was 50 years ago tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-08 20:06 by His Majesty.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home