Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 29, 2019 03:28

snoopy2
Hairball
snoopy2
Anyone seen Pit price drops for Chicago 2 again recently? Got my hotel and want my friend to see them up close for the first time (without dropping a grand each).. I check every day for past month and keep missing 'em by hours it seems

As of this minute for Chicago II, PIT B verified resales back down to $665+fees.

Saw that, thanks smiling smiley Considered until I saw the total with fees. Will wait it out some more.

"..down to.." spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2019 04:11

snoopy2
Hairball
snoopy2
Anyone seen Pit price drops for Chicago 2 again recently? Got my hotel and want my friend to see them up close for the first time (without dropping a grand each).. I check every day for past month and keep missing 'em by hours it seems

As of this minute for Chicago II, PIT B verified resales back down to $665+fees.

Saw that, thanks smiling smiley Considered until I saw the total with fees. Will wait it out some more.

Yes patience...Amy340 was able to get face value not long ago. There's a good chance more will appear, and also a chance prices will officially DROP from there.
Seems there's plenty of unsold official platinums and VIP's in many categories, etc. not to mention all the resale tickets...eventually somthing will have to budge.
Still though, the current $665+ is a far better deal than the original platinum deals and the overpriced VIP's, and the fact that prices are being lowered at all is a good sign of things to come.

Date: March 29, 2019 19:18

@ snoopy2:

Pit 1 now down to $585+ fees.
Verified resales being lowered - not an *official price drop.

Still a bit hefty and above face value, but the lowest I've seen (not counting Amy340's face value Pit), and something tells me we will continue to see more and more spiraling downwards.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 02:21

snoopy2

BTW, what hotel are you staying at? At what price? I'm trying to find something close to Soldier's Field.

Posted by: MemoryMotel15011 ()
Date: May 2, 2019 18:57

Is this on Ticketmaster??

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: May 10, 2019 22:57

just found out that chicago's finest stones tribute band, beggars banquet, will be playing on saturday night, june 22, at:

o'neils on wells
411 south wells street
chicago

not a fancy place, but plenty of beer and a great place for live stones' music by a great, fun band. less than 2 miles from soldier field.

doors at 7:00 pm; show at 8:30 pm.

hope to see you there!

Date: May 10, 2019 23:35

Thanks chrisvw
Planning on it!!

Date: May 11, 2019 00:13

cool! see you there!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 11, 2019 01:02

Hairball
@ snoopy2:

Still a bit hefty and above face value, but the lowest I've seen (not counting Amy340's face value Pit), and something tells me we will continue to see more and more spiraling downwards.

Yep, as happens at every show ever. I'm in DC while Chicago 1's on and if I can get over there for a couple of days cheaply, I will. Would be fully confident of arriving in Chicago ticketless and picking a decent one up on the day at a knockdown price thumbs up In recent years, I've been to tour openers in Oslo, Hamburg and Dublin and late tickets were easy for all 3.

Date: May 11, 2019 01:17

grzegorz67
Hairball
@ snoopy2:

Yep, as happens at every show ever. I'm in DC while Chicago 1's on and if I can get over there for a couple of days cheaply, I will. Would be fully confident of arriving in Chicago ticketless and picking a decent one up on the day at a knockdown price thumbs up In recent years, I've been to tour openers in Oslo, Hamburg and Dublin and late tickets were easy for all 3.

That post of mine above was made just prior to the postponement, and as of right now Pits for show 2 are at a solid $1599+. Surely there will be some flexing going on with some of those though,
but hard to say how much considering these Chicago shows will now be the openers. Many will want refunds, and some already have, but those will probably get snapped up just as quickly as they were refunded.
All that said, pretty sure there will still be plenty of tix to be had at the last minute - even some below face value, but it will take alot of patience considering the circumstances.

Date: May 11, 2019 01:31

Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
@ snoopy2:

That post of mine above was made just prior to the postponement, and as of right now Pits for show 2 are at a solid $1599+. Surely there will be some flexing going on with some of those though,
but hard to say how much considering these Chicago shows will now be the openers. Many will want refunds, and some already have, but those will probably get snapped up just as quickly as they were refunded.
All that said, pretty sure there will still be plenty of tix to be had at the last minute - even some below face value, but it will take alot of patience considering the circumstances.

Oops - didn’t notice that Hairbsll! Egg duly wiped from face sad smiley I’ll have a look anyway. Side Seats near the front seem like a decent bet. This now seemingly being the tour opener makes it a bit more appealing.

Date: May 11, 2019 01:51

grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
@ snoopy2:

Oops - didn’t notice that Hairbsll! Egg duly wiped from face sad smiley I’ll have a look anyway. Side Seats near the front seem like a decent bet. This now seemingly being the tour opener makes it a bit more appealing.

To be precise, I was looking at the second show - not the first. I'm back to my daily ritual of looking at TM in search of a pair as my wife and I will be there from the 23rd on.
I forgot to mention, earlier today there was a pair in Sec 340 labeled as Tumbling Dice VIP's at $199+ each which I had never seen in that location before- might have been tix that were refunded and thrown back in the pot?
They've already vanished, and they seemed a somewhat reasonable price - right now single platinums in same section are going for higher, and pairs of resales much higher.
Once the date is official, I'm assuming many more will get refunded and thrown back into the pot - we'll find out on Tuesday!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 11, 2019 05:23

Is anyone "all in" that this is the first show of the tour or are the rumors just wild rumors?

Date: May 11, 2019 06:07

J.J.Flash
Is anyone "all in" that this is the first show of the tour or are the rumors just wild rumors?
I am as "all in" on this being the opener as one can be without an official announcement.
Info has been posted by more than one reliable source, and bv doesn't typically put rumors on the "News" page unless he's certain. [iorr.org]
Course, plans change sometimes but this appears as legit as it gets pre-announcement

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 11, 2019 06:53

MisterDDDD
J.J.Flash
I am as "all in" on this being the opener as one can be without an official announcement.
Info has been posted by more than one reliable source, and bv doesn't typically put rumors on the "News" page unless he's certain. [iorr.org]
Course, plans change sometimes but this appears as legit as it gets pre-announcement
thanks dude

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 11, 2019 09:26

What do we think is going to happen to pit prices now? They were beginning to drop sad smiley

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 11, 2019 19:35

RE cover band Beggars Banquet: The band is just ok to me. They cover war horses and lots of looking like the Stones but music not near the quality of the IORR Band or the originals. If spending a limited time in Chicago, don’t consider this a must see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 19:37 by 2120Joe.

Date: May 11, 2019 20:00

2120Joe
RE cover band Beggars Banquet: The band is just ok to me. They cover war horses and lots of looking like the Stones but music not near the quality of the IORR Band or the originals. If spending a limited time in Chicago, don’t consider this a must see.

Only time I go to see any Stones cover band is when I'm in a city where I'm going to see the real thing. Mainly go for the party, quality of the musicianship not a big deal. For me, it's primarily a fun way to gear up for the real thing and meet fellow fans.

Date: May 11, 2019 20:15

2120Joe

sorry you feel that way, 2120 joe. having never seen the iorr band i cannot make a comparison. beggars banquet are not the original stones but, then again, they're not charging $1,000 to see them up close. but for a local band, a lot of us think they're pretty awesome.

and, i don't consider sweet virginia, let it rock, monkey man, love in vain, sister morphine, heartbreaker, no expectations and many other songs war horses. this band performs them regularly. and they're a lot of fun!

may i ask where you saw beggars banquet? i hope you're not confusing them with the hot rocks band which is comparatively mediocre.

Date: May 11, 2019 20:21

2120Joe

Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't going to waste my time anyways as I'm not a fan of tribute bands in general - especially when the real deal is in town.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 11, 2019 21:19

Anyone staying at the Travelodge by Wyndham on Harrison St in downtown Chicago? Got myself a couple of nights booked there for the Stone's shows.

Date: May 11, 2019 21:21

Hairball
2120Joe

Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't going to waste my time anyways as I'm not a fan of tribute bands in general - especially when the real deal is in town.

really sorry you guys feel this way. btw, the real deal is not playing saturday night.

i just want to add that these guys are very talented musicians. as a fan who has seen the real stones over 100 times, in my opinion this is a great tribute band. and, hopefully, fans from iorr and shidoobee will walk the half mile from their downtown hotels, enjoy the music and comeraderie.

if you don't care to see them, it's your loss!

Date: May 11, 2019 21:25

Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
@ snoopy2:

To be precise, I was looking at the second show - not the first. I'm back to my daily ritual of looking at TM in search of a pair as my wife and I will be there from the 23rd on.
I forgot to mention, earlier today there was a pair in Sec 340 labeled as Tumbling Dice VIP's at $199+ each which I had never seen in that location before- might have been tix that were refunded and thrown back in the pot?
They've already vanished, and they seemed a somewhat reasonable price - right now single platinums in same section are going for higher, and pairs of resales much higher.
Once the date is official, I'm assuming many more will get refunded and thrown back into the pot - we'll find out on Tuesday!

There are a few decent normal non platinum priced tickets in sections 209 and 309(near the front), which is roughly the equivalent section on the other side of the field from 340. I found these images on aviewfrommyseat and they look like decent spots to enjoy the show from. Including all pain in the arse add on fees, it’s around $270 for 209 and $170 for 309. I’d probably plump for the latter because I don’t think the price of 209 justifies the extra. No doubt many tickets of a similar standard will appear between Tuesday and show day.

Section 209:

[aviewfrommyseat.co.uk]

Section 309:

[aviewfrommyseat.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 22:17 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 11, 2019 21:51

chrisvw
Hairball
2120Joe

really sorry you guys feel this way. btw, the real deal is not playing saturday night.

i just want to add that these guys are very talented musicians. as a fan who has seen the real stones over 100 times, in my opinion this is a great tribute band. and, hopefully, fans from iorr and shidoobee will walk the half mile from their downtown hotels, enjoy the music and comeraderie.

I saw my 1st RS tribute band last year in Twickenham (I don’t get out much)
‘Keith’ was my favorite era look alike after 3 songs I thought
good thing I’m not drinking anymore
;-)

Date: May 11, 2019 22:48

chrisvw
Hairball
2120Joe

Indeed.
Wouldn't read too much into the negativity, the "real deal" will get a slightly better review from the critics, but not much. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 22:49 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 12, 2019 01:23

I gave in today and bought 3 Tumbling Dice tickets in 312 from Ticketmaster for what is likely the second show. Not great seats, but the list price is ok, compared to what is available, and I was looking for 3 together.

Date: May 12, 2019 01:39

grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
@ snoopy2:

There are a few decent normal non platinum priced tickets in sections 209 and 309(near the front), which is roughly the equivalent section on the other side of the field from 340. I found these images on aviewfrommyseat and they look like decent spots to enjoy the show from. Including all pain in the arse add on fees, it’s around $270 for 209 and $170 for 309. I’d probably plump for the latter because I don’t think the price of 209 justifies the extra. No doubt many tickets of a similar standard will appear between Tuesday and show day.

Section 209:

[aviewfrommyseat.co.uk]

Section 309:

[aviewfrommyseat.co.uk]

Keep in mind that the stadium is not perfectly symmetrical.
This would be looking towards the stage from the very back. Notice seating on the left - Sec 343-330 is directly above the 200 Section making it a bit closer to the field.
In contrast, Sec 303-317 on the right is slightly higher and set quite a bit further back from the field. Not that it's a huge difference, and as you say many tickets of a similar standard will eventually appear before show day, some even better, and most likely many of them at lower prices. One last thing though which you're probably aware of: avoid sitting underneath any of the overhangs - I was stuck in there once at a Genesis show at Dodger stadium many years ago, and it was like listening through a muffler, and the screwed up visuals was like peering out of a cave. winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 12, 2019 01:55

Maybe the lower section of the overhang close to the stage may be the best seats where the stage design and Screens don't compromise the view.

This does not seem like a fan friendly stadium from a site lines perspective as opposed to Carter Finley Stadium in Raleigh or where the Baltimore Ravens play.

However, the pic is taken from a distance and makes it appear larger than it really is.

I say dump the stadium tour and go to an arena tour starting in late August. I'm willing to sacrifice my luck dip tix to see them indoors in confined settings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-12 01:58 by Chris Fountain.

Date: May 12, 2019 02:09

Chris Fountain

I say dump the stadium tour and go to an arena tour starting in late August. I'm willing to sacrifice my luck dip tix to see them indoors in confined settings.

Smaller indoor arenas are always better than massive stadiums (especially soundwise), and I'd also happily be willing to sacrifice my luck dip tix (for both Glendale and Santa Clara), to see just one arena show, but...don't think there's much of a choice at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-12 02:11 by Hairball.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 12, 2019 02:28

Hairball
Chris Fountain

Smaller indoor arenas are always better than massive stadiums (especially soundwise), and I'd also happily be willing to sacrifice my luck dip tix, but...don't think there's much of a choice at this point.

I agree and my Lucky Dip tix are for the Miami show. Scheduling around Foot ball games can be a logistics nightmare.

Hotel Rates can double or triple if a football game (college or Pro) is played same week. The stadium tour starting in fall is not as fan friendly as opposed to starting in the Spring.

And how much it will cost fans. Here is my thought process - I'm not thinking about it and just listening to Sirius XM. XM 21 Little Stevie's underground garage plays the stones all the time - KR and Stones -last week they played "Don't Lie to me, Stray Cat Blues, Dandelion , MLH, Ride on Baby, MR (LIcool smiley KR solo etc...

At this point, it is just Rock away the Days Rock away the Nights. No one knows what is going to happen. I think the tour thread is good but there is simply no control of the matter. I prefer nothing happen, from a decision standpoint, for a few more months. Just an opinion only.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home