Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:46

Thanks for info on Buddy Guy's Legends, Bjornulf. I may see you over there .cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 21, 2019 01:17

Madcap
Lien
SPOILER ALERT !

[www.citynews1130.com]

oh hell yes!

smiling smiley eye popping smiley Thanks the link, and thanks Ronnie for spilling the beans...again! smiling smiley

CJFP
What does he mean by the bad seats comment?

'he joked'...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 01:19 by Hairball.

Date: June 21, 2019 01:20

erbissell
FYI they just dropped some good floor seats for $245.50!!!

For the second show also!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: June 21, 2019 01:41

I have a pit question for those of you who have been before. I know they do not keep you prisoner but I presume you can come and go during the show to use the restroom. Hey I’m 60 so this questions is important!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 21, 2019 01:43

I just called Ticketmaster and upgraded my seats for Tuesday to newly-released floor seats in Section A, with the same face value as my prior seats upstairs. Total cost - $10 per ticket exchange fee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 02:55 by bam.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 02:13

what time does the concert start.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: June 21, 2019 02:55

buttons67
what time does the concert start.

This message is being sent on behalf of Soldier Field in regards to your upcoming event.

Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Soldier Field
Friday, June 21, 2019

COME EARLY!
Will Call Opens - 12 pm
Gates Open - 5:30 pm
Show Time - 7:30 pm

Support - St. Paul & The Broken Bones

WXRT + THE SCORE FANFEST
3:30-6:30 pm on the Stadium Green
Hosted by Richard Milne & Lin Brehmer (WXRT) and Dan McNeil, Danny Parkins & Matt Spiegel (The Score)
Play games, meet your favorite jocks, enjoy the summer vibes - concessions will be open!

PARKING
Lots Open - 3:30 pm
Rate is $50 per vehicle, $150 for Bus/RV

PUBLIC TRANSIT
CTA will provide extra service on #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express and #130 Museum Campus to allow for increased capacity before and after the concert. There will be #146 and #130 buses staged on McFetridge Drive at the end of the concert.

BAG POLICY: FOLLOW CLOSELY TO AVOID DELAYS
The Rolling Stones, touring partners, and host venues strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bags to the concert. For ALL North American performances fans will be allowed to carry only the following style and size bag, package, or container:

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
Small clutch bags, 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, can be taken in along with one of the clear plastic bags
One gallon (10”) clear plastic re-sealable bag(s); Ziploc bag or similar
Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper declaration and inspection.

PROHIBITED ITEMS
Purses larger than a clutch bag, briefcases, backpacks, bum bags, cinch bags, luggage, computer bags, camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size. No coolers of any size, soft or hard-sided. No weapons of any kind, or anything that could be considered a weapon. No alcohol, cans, or food. No glass, including perfume or cologne. No sprays or deodorants. No flares, fireworks, pyrotechnics, or laser pointers. No studded jewelry or long chains on wallets or purses. No audio or recording equipment such as iPads, tablets, computers, etc. No professional cameras or cameras with detachable lenses. No umbrellas - small, medium, or golfing. No selfie sticks. No drugs, illegal substances, legal highs, nitrous oxide, psychoactive substances, etc.

Any item deemed to be inappropriate or offensive, including clothing.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 03:48

erbissell

Saw a bunch of these go and immediately pop up at as resales at nearly double then pice. I seriously hope there’s money lost for whatever scumbags bought them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 05:48 by JN99.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 03:55

I arrived in the city this morning and I've just walked a circuit of the stadium. The usual signs are up showing all the rules on permitted and banned items. A bit worryingly, the words after cameras, which say something like 6.5 inch lens, has been covered with opaque tape to just say 'cameras'. Are all cameras really banned??? Phones are allowed. There are metal detectors and phones, keys, cameras and glasses have to go through in a tray, which seems to contradict the cameras statement in the general rules. I must say that it looks to be a very impressive stadium.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 21, 2019 04:43

Just pretend your Keith; have a What Would Keith Do moment.
it's a keithfucious challenge, that security stuff.
what happened to the ol' Mick who told everyone to light up a joint and
grab a beer? oh, he's still there. The beer will cost fifty-five dollars
and the glass will be small. just kidding.
whoa., i ain't been to a rock and roll show in a long time,
cause that security list sounds like a compulsory 'to do' list for me and my
friends before a Stones show;
especially in a big city...and ain't they all...
....we'd have a drug budget and everything
worked out on paper; after that, it was all boogie.
we outnumbered security.
that wasn't 20,000 lighters in that vintage footage, folks.
joints.
need a shot of salvation baby, every once in a while...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 04:47 by hopkins.

Date: June 21, 2019 05:00

JN99
erbissell

Saw a bunch of these go and immediately pop up at as resales at nearly double the pice. I seriously hop there’s money post for whatever scumbags bought them.

Still loads of them for show #2, as well as Pit 1 and 2 at face...maybe the scalpers are holding out to test the waters for show #1 - I hope the dirtbags lose!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 05:43

Corner of Illinois and Clark when I looked down from hotel room

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: June 21, 2019 06:01

Anyone got an extra Lucky Dip for the show tomorrow as friend is looking?

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: June 21, 2019 06:33

Buy a lumix tz40 pocket camera especially for these shows. I'll take it in its case with a spare battery. There will be no problem, no?

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: June 21, 2019 06:40

Still in a bit of disbelief this is happening and so thankful that the Stones are still around.

I wish I could be in Chicago tomorrow, but I gotta wait until August.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 21, 2019 07:21

bv
Chicago meeting place:

BUDDY GUY'S LEGENDS - 700 S. WABASH

I was there today for lunch noon to 2pm, and it is just a great place. I will recommend it as a meeting place, and I will probably be there every day during my Chicago stay, like for lunch hours, as it is close by my hotel. Also, they have a free acoustic blues performance every day noon to 2pm, large bar area, and many tables, lots of souvenir items on the walls, including a guitar donated by Keith.

Buddy Guy's Legends is on 700 S Wabash Ave, right behing the large HILTON HOTEL (over my budget) on S Michegan on Grant Park, Harrison station on the Red Line underground train is just around the next block, and if you take any of the buses on Michegan Ave, just exit at Michegan & Balbo or Michegan & Harrison.

sounds like you are having a good time, BV. i've only been to chicago once & that was a layover. if i ever make it there, legends will be 1 of the first stops. several years ago i had the privilege of sitting down with buddy guy & having a drink before a show. nice man! its a pity he's not in town now. he's pretty much the last of the big migration of southern blues musicians to chicago. i saw him recently & he has lost nothing on guitar. i like how he tells stories in his shows & shares some history. a national treasure for sure!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 21, 2019 07:53

Walked from the Loop 3 miles to Soldier Field to scope it out and was hoping to hear a rehearsal. About half way I saw Chuck walking towards me on Michigan Ave, and we caught eyes. I've meet him a few times through the years so I think he knew I was a familiar face in the hustle and bustle of Chicago pedestrians. As neither of us broke stride I said "No one has a clue who you are" as we passed each other and he smiled and we both kept walking.

That instantly told me "no rehearsal"

Got to Soldiers Field a while later, long walk.. for the first time since I saw the Stones there in 97, and definitely the first time since a space ship crashed on top of it and they decided to include that in the remodel.

Good thing is they kept many of the old gates and doors and as we passed one... it reminded me of 1981 and the crush to get in when the doors opened, and then hearing about the Who in Cincy and being able to relate to what happened.

Cool to see the Stones banners and basically the place was quiet today.

On the way back we stumbled on a FREE Yo Yo MA concert at Millennium Park which was a treat, and then recalled the debate on this thread over Pizzeria Due vs Uno and having only ever been to Uno we decided to check out Due. We had a small Deep Sausage w/Spinach and it was amazing. Between those two and Malnati's and Gino's and Nancys etc its hard to choose. Whats important is when in Chicago you have to go Deep, have a Chicago Dog and a Beef sandwich.

Weather started breaking from rain this afternoon to no rain and a bit of sun and almost 70 degrees...and hopefully the pattern continues- so excited for tomorrow to see the boys again.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 21, 2019 08:32

Was at Buddy Guy's this afternoon as well, caught some of the free "dinner set". Great place, and the guy playing was legit.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: June 21, 2019 10:36

Bernard Fowler of The Rolling Stones came to visit us today. Deep dig on Keith, Mick, Ronnie Wood, House Music, salsa and much more.
Listen tomorrow on WGN Plus. Thanks to Bernard, Sammy Martino, Krista Flores and Jill Richmond.

Bernard and friends will play at 8:30 pm June 22 at Martyr’s in Chicago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 10:36 by curt.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 21, 2019 13:06

snoopy2

Corner of Illinois and Clark when I looked down from hotel room

I hope that is in your room now!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 13:14

Lol! Its gotta stay there at least til 25 June grinning smiley Be patient

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 21, 2019 13:40

Mural in Chicago , Fulton River District

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 14:42

Weather forecast: light breeze, cloudy, no rain from the best weather station in the world (thx bv)

Whatch the Chicago weather yourself:
[www.yr.no]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 21, 2019 15:51

Merchandise?

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 15:54

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 15:57

Not sure what that poster has to do with Chicago. Could have done the skyline, Route 66, Soldier Field....

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: June 21, 2019 15:59

TumblinDice76
Not sure what that poster has to do with Chicago. Could have done the skyline, Route 66, Soldier Field....

I guess its chicago theater like.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 16:02

There you go! I'm still waking up!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: June 21, 2019 16:03

Just woke up in my KOA campground, drove through the driving rain, getting super excited for the greatest rock n roll band.yahoo!!! Thanks

Posted by: houselightsdown ()
Date: June 21, 2019 16:08

Has anyone heard what part of the stadium you go to in order to pick up Lucky Dip tix? My experience in the past is that it’s a separate location from Will call

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home