Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 24 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: winos ()
Date: June 20, 2019 04:56

no.....no more crappy guests like Keith Urban! He's had his onetime as a guest

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 04:57

Did he do Wild Horses or Dead Flowers?

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 20, 2019 06:12

So anyone know where the pre-show meeting place is? Or is there none?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 20, 2019 06:28

What is the parking lot on s. Lesalle like? It's cheap and only a mile away.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: June 20, 2019 06:30

Does anyone know why street is the entrance to the PIT? Thank you!

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 06:40

10 hours, hundreds of tries and FINALLY - got my pit tix for opening night!!! What an incredible PIA but persistence pays off - I got em!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 20, 2019 06:42

At Sea-Tac ready for a red eye to Chi town (!!!)
Can.Not.Wait.

Hope to see some old friends and make some new ones!
Whoo whoo.. we are all so fortunate to have another tour!
Plan on enjoying and savoring every minute!!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 20, 2019 07:21

JN99
10 hours, hundreds of tries and FINALLY - got my pit tix for opening night!!! What an incredible PIA but persistence pays off - I got em!

Nice work!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 20, 2019 07:31

Arrived in Chicago - saw some 75 Tour of the Americas Stones shirts at the O'Hare Airport Harley Davidson store...got to the hotel in the rain and will have more to report as I'm here a week and I know so many of you are dying to be here especially after the scare with Mick - great to be home in Chicago and reminded me when my 4 year old daughter and I walked in an open door at Soldiers Field in 1997 and we watched the Stones rehearse before the opener to the Bridges to Babylon tour.

So many good Stones shows I've seen here, starting with Chicago Stadium in 1975 when I was 15, and the highlight being the Double Door Club Gig when Freddy got me in after the Fire Marshall shut down the guest list and no one else could get in, but Freddy asked the local bouncer to get JC or Joe, cant recall which one, and I got in and saw one of the best shows I've ever seen as I stood right in front of the band. My wife and I have been married 30 years and I turn 60 this year and she asked what I wanted to do for my birthday and the answer was pretty obvious, so we're here to see my favorite band for like the 60th time in my life, and it never gets old.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: June 20, 2019 07:41

JN99

I hope the encouragement helped.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: June 20, 2019 07:43

Just pulled up Pit 1 and 2 first try face value.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 20, 2019 09:27

JN99

CONGRATULATIONS!!! After everything u went thru, this must feel great. Hope the show is great for u!!!

plexi

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 20, 2019 09:51

decent list for the song vote. respectable!

Posted by: winos ()
Date: June 20, 2019 10:13

I too am seeing the Stones for my 60th year in Chicago coming all the way from Melbourne Australia to see the boys still rocking....!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 20, 2019 13:13

grzegorz67
I’ve already been in the US touring for 12 days and I’m finally making my way to Chicago from Philadelphia by means of the treacle slow but scenic Amtrak. I’m an hour from Pittsburgh and from there will get the night train to Chicago at midnight. Excited thumbs up. I love tour openers, having done 5.

The floor plan is very interesting indeed. I would expect more tickets to drop between today and Friday. 48 hours until it all kicks off. I was at the Stones party in NYC on Sunday night and met a few people who I know are already in Chicago.

This is by far my wackiest ever attempt to get to a Stones gig and it’ll be my 38th. I’m dong it on the basis that I know I’d regret not doing it.

Safe travels Gregor...what an adventure.
See you tomorrow night my lucky Lucky Dip partner!

WE WILL ALL HAVE A BLAST IN CHICAGO!!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 13:30

grzegorz67
I’ve already been in the US touring for 12 days and I’m finally making my way to Chicago from Philadelphia by means of the treacle slow but scenic Amtrak. I’m an hour from Pittsburgh and from there will get the night train to Chicago at midnight. Excited thumbs up. I love tour openers, having done 5.

The floor plan is very interesting indeed. I would expect more tickets to drop between today and Friday. 48 hours until it all kicks off. I was at the Stones party in NYC on Sunday night and met a few people who I know are already in Chicago.

This is by far my wackiest ever attempt to get to a Stones gig and it’ll be my 38th. I’m dong it on the basis that I know I’d regret not doing it.

It will be worth the long journey.

Enjoy!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 20, 2019 14:53

I forgot that you will have a Lucky Dip ticket for Chicago, Gregor. thumbs up
I hope you and Kurt get something decent with them.
Have a great time in Chicago with all the great Stones fans from all over the world who will be there. smileys with beer

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 20, 2019 14:59

Woke up Xcited!!! Like Christmas is tomorrow!!! but it is STONESMAS!!!!

I've been Jonesing over 2 years!!!
AND FINALLY ("sorry for the delay") THE ROLLING STONES ARE COMING LIVE IN CONCERT!!!
I need it bad!!! I NEED A LIVE STONES FIX!!!

THANK YOU MICK JAGGER FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO AND BEING HEALTHY!!!! if you can roll, so will I!!! Time to travel.
THANK YOU Keef, Charlie and Ronnie for rolling and rolling and rolling and ROLLING STONES!!!

IT IS TIME TO GET MY YA-YAs OUT!!!
EVERYBODY READY!!! FOR THE BEST BAND!!! THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!
THE ROLLING STONES!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-20 15:00 by Xam.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 20, 2019 15:49

Happy Christmas Eve everybody!
At least that's the way I feel today...

hot smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 16:13

Kurt-I feel the SAME way!!

Posted by: kpzinn ()
Date: June 20, 2019 16:28

What worked for me was trying for 1 ticket and not 2 for $495. Bought 1 PIT 2 ticket and then 10 minutes later bought another single PIT2 ticket. Had no luck when trying to buy 2 tickets. Even when buying the single, I got bounced 2-3 times, but then it worked. Odds are good that between now and show time, there will be more $495 PIT seats popping up. Be patient and try for 1 ticket only at a time.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:01

I’m at SFO waiting to board my flight to Chicago!

Date: June 20, 2019 17:57

cyclist
JN99

I hope the encouragement helped.

Yes, it did! Especially hearing stories of others having similar struggles. Also I kept having no difficulties whatsoever with Tuesday’s show so I figured it wasn’t anything other than bad luck for Friday’s show and kept at it. Off to the airport this morning, ready to rock!

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: June 20, 2019 18:29

Has anyone seen an official poster or T-shirt design for the Chicago shows?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 20, 2019 18:42

Room 1009 was taken, so I got a room on the 22nd floor...winking smiley Nice to get a free upgrade to the Executive lounge!

Meeting MisterDDDD for lunch in a couple of hours. Will explore the South Loop and Millennium Park before.

Later on, early dinner at Buddy Guy's Legends with a bunch of friends. The weather should be better tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-20 18:43 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 20, 2019 19:15

HouseBoyKnows
Has anyone seen an official poster or T-shirt design for the Chicago shows?

Haven’t yet.. walked around the stadium this morning and saw (and want!) the
Stones banners.. two No Filter tongues for the two shows. Phone was dead or would have grabbed pics (probably here somewhere?)

Saw two Stones merch trucks set up. Going back later and see if they don’t do like Zip Code and open ‘em an afternoon early cool smiley Will grab pics if I spot any merch..

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 20, 2019 19:16

Topi
Room 1009 was taken, so I got a room on the 22nd floor...winking smiley Nice to get a free upgrade to the Executive lounge!

Meeting MisterDDDD for lunch in a couple of hours. Will explore the South Loop and Millennium Park before.

Later on, early dinner at Buddy Guy's Legends with a bunch of friends. The weather should be better tonight.

Nice start to your visit to Chicago Topi...……………...and that's all well before the gig on Friday.
Have a great time in Chicago. smileys with beer

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: June 20, 2019 20:03

Just took off from San Antonio to Chicago. The adventure begins to see the greatest rock and roll band.

Date: June 20, 2019 20:50

OK, so I have to ask though it may have been asked previously in this thread so my apologies if so. Where’s the best place to go for Chicago deep dish pizza in the city? And any other recommendations for restaurants, bars, clubs, hotspots that shouldn’t be missed?

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: June 20, 2019 20:52

Looking like it could be a cold and wet one tomorrow night sad smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 24 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home