Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 18, 2019 16:50

Ticketmaster has dropped a bunch of standard price/face value tickets for Chicago 1,

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 18, 2019 18:05

Posted this on tour thread without response. A better place to post?

Questions:

I am thinking of doing a live Facebook broadcast of the opening show with my Samsung S9+. I have an extra battery too. Some questions:

Will I get in trouble or shut down if I do this?

How much cell/mobile phone space will I need for a two hour show?

Would the only folks able to see it be my facebook friends?

Perhaps an option is to broadcast it on the IORR or Shidoobee FB pages, guess I would have to choose one

And then put up a link here to my FB page, or the IORR or Shidoobee pages? Is it possible to broadcast it from three different pages at once?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

plexi

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 18, 2019 18:10

timbernardis

Questions:

I am thinking of doing a live Facebook broadcast of the opening show with my Samsung S9+. I have an extra battery too. Some questions:

Perhaps an option is to broadcast it on the IORR or Shidoobee FB pages, guess I would have to choose one

And then put up a link here to my FB page, or the IORR or Shidoobee pages? Is it possible to broadcast it from three different pages at once?

plexi

You probably won't get shut down or get into trouble. People live stream other bands concerts, although rarely whole shows. A few songs at a time usually.

You could use Periscope, a public live streaming app linked to Twitter. That's what U2 fans do.

If you wanted to do an audio stream, Mixlr.com is a good way of doing so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-18 18:10 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 18, 2019 18:20

timbernardis

Questions:

plexi

FB live should work just fine. No, people don't have to FB friends to watch.
I would just shoot for the one live stream and post links here and Shidoobee etc.
For those looking they will find it..

Can't comment on tech questions, but others can probably help.
Not sure where you'll be at the venue, but keeping things still is very helpful to the viewers.. resting device on rail etc. Pit is always exciting to watch as well even if jostled.. Good luck!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 18, 2019 18:55

timbernardis

From my Downloads of the Periscope-Steams I would say a 1 GB data plan should be sufficient for 2 hours. If it's not too expensive: more is safe.

An advice would be: take a 2nd Battery-Pack with you and do already stream when you enter the venue to keep the slot in the Cellular Network. You could see it in the recent Tours: Streaming worked well during the Opening act but when the Stones hit the Stage the Cellular Network was either blocked or overloaded. Choose a good Provider with a stable Network. Don't stream in 4K: Full-HD is sufficient.

Set your Facebook-Stream to public, let the Stream saving by Facebook. Choose a Stones-related name so that it can be found on Facebook - we'll post the Links here.
Unfortunately the Facebook-Livemap doesn't work anymore since the end of 2018. That was easy: a blue dot selected on the map, checked if it's the Stones and then the Link pasted here on IORR.

There's a 'small issue' for the Europeans Fans: when the Stones hit the Stage in Chicago at 8:30pm then it's 3:30am (middle of the night) in Central Europe ....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-18 19:50 by Irix.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 18, 2019 20:07

bam
Ticketmaster has dropped a bunch of standard price/face value tickets for Chicago 1,

Slighty OT but my blood has boiled (again) about the age-old scalping issue.. Some great standard price seats came avail as you mention, had to wait to hear back from wife to see if she could attend 2nd show, just looked again and those seats now listed as re-sales asking double! No wonder people want to see scalpers take a bath

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-18 20:23 by snoopy2.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 18, 2019 20:23

If anyone has 1 or 2 LDs for this Friday's show, please let me know. I need a ticket.

Thanks!!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 18, 2019 21:37

Irix
timbernardis

when the Stones hit the Stage in Chicago at 8:30pm then it's 3:30am (middle of the night) in Central Europe ....

I still count on you, Irix! smileys with beer

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: June 18, 2019 21:45

I am headed to Soldier Field shortly for an afternoon jog. I plan to swing by this evening and again tomorrow. I’ll post if anything is happening.

Chicago ticket demand is high and availability not that great at a reasonable price. I have 10 tickets already, 8 GA standing and 2 seats, purchased at face value. It looks like I will be paying considerably over face for another 2. I hope those advising to wait to purchase are correct but I am having doubts.

Warning about buying tickets outside the event-there has been a rash of fakes sold outside Wrigley. Perhaps this is happening elsewhere but I am hearing it often in Chicago this year. I will pay an individual only after walking in with them, buy on-line or through an established broker with an established office. Buyer beware, more than ever.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:00

snoopy2
bam

Slighty OT but my blood has boiled (again) about the age-old scalping issue.. Some great standard price seats came avail as you mention, had to wait to hear back from wife to see if she could attend 2nd show, just looked again and those seats now listed as re-sales asking double! No wonder people want to see scalpers take a bath

Yes, I saw this happen as well - maybe even the same tix. 4 decent field tix at $495, now listed as resales for something like $900 Hope whoever bought them eats their lunch...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:15

schwonek
Irix

when the Stones hit the Stage in Chicago at 8:30pm then it's 3:30am (middle of the night) in Central Europe ....

I still count on you, Irix! smileys with beer

I guess I have to pass - 3:30am is too late to stay awake and way too early to get up .... smiling smiley

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:17

In this day and age I would never buy a ticket outside without having the seller walk into the stadium with me. I have numerous friends who got burned buying duplicate concert and NBA tickets that the seller must have run off numerous times and kept selling over and over. Apparently it happens a lot.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:27

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:53

You should be okay buying a Lucky Dip ticket outside from a tout, they're only issued on the day and are a hard, physical ticket.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:56

What is that giant black rectangle at the top right?
Is it part of the stadium or part of the stage?
Scoreboard?
Another stage panel?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 18, 2019 23:07

Kurt
Scoreboard?
Another stage panel?

A local can clarify, but I believe it's a permanent screen/scoreboard installed at Soldier's Field.
Likely not part of things, at least after the show starts.

Date: June 18, 2019 23:10

Kurt
Scoreboard?
Another stage panel?

Fixed stadium screen

Date: June 18, 2019 23:17

WelshEdge1
Kurt
Scoreboard?
Another stage panel?

Fixed stadium screen

thumbs up

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: June 18, 2019 23:23

erbissell

ive only seen that screen used once for concerts and that was for the Fare Thee Well shows (aka Grateful Dead 50) concerts at Soldier.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: June 18, 2019 23:36

Hi,

Arrived yesterday at Chicago. After a foggy day start today, sun comes out. Seen several Stones wallpapers around Mag Mile. Also a Stones Harley Davidson gift Shop at O‘Hare.

Greetings to all, who are also on the trip to this fantastic town.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Date: June 18, 2019 23:53

Tumbling Dice at SF now. Band Live.

Date: June 18, 2019 23:53

2120Joe

Great! Appreciate you posting this update here!

Date: June 18, 2019 23:55

2120Joe

hot smiley

Date: June 19, 2019 00:04

Volume is low but from the east side of soldier Field the band can be heard quite clearly. Do I say the songs they are rehearsing? Or is that a spoiler? I catch a glimpse of movement no real site line. I’m going to circle a little more time perhaps there’s a better spot. There were two fans on the west side but and we could not hear anything. I decided to jog and I can hear from the east side. There is no one here but me.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 19, 2019 00:05

I think last time the reporters did just write down the songs they heard. There are many people including me on here who would like to see what they play.

Thank you so much for being there!! Live updates are much appreciated thumbs up

If the sound is clear enough, you can try make a little video or audio recording

Date: June 19, 2019 00:07

2120Joe
Volume is low but from the east side of soldier Field the band can be heard quite clearly. Do I say the songs they are rehearsing? Or is that a spoiler? I catch a glimpse of movement no real site line. I’m going to circle a little more time perhaps there’s a better spot. There were two fans on the west side but and we could not hear anything. I decided to jog and I can hear from the east side. There is no one here but me.

Tumbling Dice is a huge spoiler... grinning smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 19, 2019 00:07

Please let us know!!!

Date: June 19, 2019 00:11

flairville
Please let us know!!!
Me too but write Spoiler Alert

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 19, 2019 00:19

Don't think TD is a spoiler ...we knew they'd do that surely?

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 19, 2019 00:20

Better view of the new extended runways:

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home