Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2019 22:31

grzegorz67

In fairness, the Stones have been very lucky with weather in their 2012+ career. The only bad one I can think of is Porto Alegre in Brazil, when it tipped down. Home City of our very own Cristiano Radtke I believe. It rained a little during the show in Edinburgh last year (I was there) and Mick wore a hat for a few songs.

So true, Keith's rain stick has worked wonders.. Zip Code was also remarkably dry.
Funny, I really like the rain. Even for a Seattleite, I'm much more fond of it than most... Was actually thrilled for the light rain in Edinburgh last year.. added to the atmosphere. People headed for the stands from the pitch, over a few showers, which made my Golden Circle ticket all the better as I arrived late and was then able to move right up to the rail. Bring a packable rain jacket, and good weatherproof shoes, and trust in Keith that it will be dry for the actual concert cool smiley (mostly for the bands sake, and those near the catwalk) Good to go.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: June 16, 2019 00:01

Thanks, Angee

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: June 16, 2019 00:35

I’m so excited the Stones are in Chicago! I happen to be too as is ordinarily true. I’m taking the week off and listening to some great live music. I also plan to see Cash at the Chicago Theater (Thanks MrDDDD) and Reis/Fowler at Martyrs’ (Thanks 3DTeafoe) and whichever blues band is playing at Rosa’s Lounge or Buddy’s on the others.

When do you thinks is the best time to be walking by Soldier Field this week hoping to catch rehearsals? Does weather have an effect?

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 16, 2019 01:26

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-18 21:09 by Xam.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 16, 2019 01:57

Will they rehearse/soundcheck before the second show too? Which day, if so?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 16, 2019 02:16

angee
Will they rehearse/soundcheck before the second show too? Which day, if so?
I think we can likely count on a sound check on the afternoon of the second show date, angee... Hope so!! Maybe the day before if they feel like they need to work out something from the first show.. but just speculating.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: June 16, 2019 07:21

Hello friends!! Does anyone know if you can enter the buddy guy legends with a DSLR camera? I plan to go some nights before and after seeing the Stones !!! Only 1 week for the trip of my life! from Buenos Aires to Chicago! Amazing!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 16, 2019 08:31

It's fitting that what is very likely their last stadium tour of North America is starting in Chicago.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 16, 2019 15:51

makustone
Hello friends!! Does anyone know if you can enter the buddy guy legends with a DSLR camera? I plan to go some nights before and after seeing the Stones !!! Only 1 week for the trip of my life! from Buenos Aires to Chicago! Amazing!

Ask Hairball

plexi

Date: June 16, 2019 19:45

makustone

Others who've been may know differently, but Buddy's site states:

CAN I TAKE PICTURES OR USE A VIDEO CAMERA DURING PERFORMANCES?
Photographs are permitted but audio and video recording is strictly prohibited.

I'm planning on attending a show there probably Sunday night the 21st-Eliza Neils.
Large screen behind the performer reiterates the no video rule.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: June 16, 2019 23:07

Thanks for answering Buddy Guys Legends! I just want to take pictures! Only 5 days for CHICAGO !!! At what time do you recommend being in the stadium to get the best location in the PIT? I want to be stuck to the catwalk as close to the stage!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 17, 2019 18:35

14-Jun-2019:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

16-Jun-2019:

[iorr.org]

17-Jun-2019:

[iorr.org]

18-Jun-2019:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-19 00:35 by Irix.

Date: June 17, 2019 20:33

To all you who live in Chicago. Coming in from SoCal and HAVE to go to Wrigley and see the Cubs. What are the chances of walking up cold and getting a ticket for Sunday's or Monday's game? Go Cubbies!

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 17, 2019 20:48

I'd love to catch a game too but looking at Cub's website, cheapest tix for Sunday game are $82 for upper deck midfield. $82 for an upper deck baseball ticket? When did this happen???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-17 20:57 by JN99.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 17, 2019 20:51

Scotty are you by yourself or will you need multiple tickets. One by yourself would be doable. The Sunday game will be more expensive and harder to get than a Monday. keep an eye out for Stub Hub tickets the day of. I've bought day of ticket pretty reasonable and you pick up the tickets at the seller's work place on the way to the show.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: June 17, 2019 20:58

[email protected]
To all you who live in Chicago. Coming in from SoCal and HAVE to go to Wrigley and see the Cubs. What are the chances of walking up cold and getting a ticket for Sunday's or Monday's game? Go Cubbies!

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Cubs have the second highest per ticket average or close to it. Its a bucket list for lots of peeps and the second oldest ball park besides Fenway. Monday nights game against the Braves will be face value or below at game time. The Mets on a Sunday is a premium ticket. I live 5 blocks from Wrigley and go all the time, especially if it looks like rain. Walk up to the ticket booths under the Marquee 30 minutes before first pitch. Tell them what you want and see what happens. Also check out this , they have $10 tickets to all games and its a lottery. Ive won three times out of four trying....

[www.mlb.com]

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 17, 2019 21:13

Should be no problem. Last time I saw the cubs I bought tickets on Gametime like an hour before the game for like 20$ a seat, decent seats. And it was the week of a massive trade show downtown so it was abnormally busy.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 17, 2019 21:22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-17 21:23 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 17, 2019 22:24

1985jayer
[email protected]

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Cubs have the second highest per ticket average or close to it. Its a bucket list for lots of peeps and the second oldest ball park besides Fenway. Monday nights game against the Braves will be face value or below at game time. The Mets on a Sunday is a premium ticket. I live 5 blocks from Wrigley and go all the time, especially if it looks like rain. Walk up to the ticket booths under the Marquee 30 minutes before first pitch. Tell them what you want and see what happens. Also check out this , they have $10 tickets to all games and its a lottery. Ive won three times out of four trying....

[www.mlb.com]

Thanks for this info. I was thinking about hitting the Mets-Cubs this Thrusday night.

Date: June 17, 2019 22:25

Picture above does a good job showing the height difference between the stage and the end of the catwalk. Was a solid foot+ in Europe, looks to be the same here.

Makes the end of the catwalk (and along it) better than the pit imo, as you get up close several times as well as being able to see the whole stage and all the screens. Real shame there's no Golden Circle, but we'll take what we can get cool smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 18, 2019 00:13

I also see in the picture a golf cart where one will be able to practice their game during the concert! They're making every effort to appease the fan!! smiling smiley

Date: June 18, 2019 00:50

For Cubs tix, look on Stubhub now and also a day or two before the game. Usually not too bad price wise.

plexi

Date: June 18, 2019 00:51

Chris Fountain
I also see in the picture a golf cart where one will be able to practice their game during the concert! They're making every effort to appease the fan!! smiling smiley

to appease or to please the fans, or both??!!

plexi

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 18, 2019 01:33

Great to be in Chicago!

Bjornulf

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: June 18, 2019 01:54

bv
Great to be in Chicago!

Welcome back to Chicago BV, get some rest, enjoy the city, and see ya in the Pit on Friday. Be safe also. Cheers

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 18, 2019 02:04

1985jayer
bv
Great to be in Chicago!

Welcome back to Chicago BV, get some rest, enjoy the city, and see ya in the Pit on Friday. Be safe also. Cheers

The officer at immigration asked what I came to Chicago for. I told him "The Rolling Stones". Then - as usual - he lit up and he said: "They arrived yesterday!".

Well I am too messed up after 1+9 hours flights and 7 hours time difference but tomorrow I will probably check out the essential locations in town.

Bjornulf

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 18, 2019 02:13

Welcome, Bjornulf.
Hope to say hi in person soon.

If you feel like it and get a chance, will you check out the
photo exhibit at Chess Records?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: June 18, 2019 03:23

I picked up three section 104 3rd row tickets. Does anyone know if the side of the stage will block my view? I took my chances.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 18, 2019 03:36

bv
Great to be in Chicago!

Great to be anywhere!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 18, 2019 04:01

It’s great to have you here, bv. Thanks again for all you do.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1320
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home