Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 3, 2019 01:14

TumblinDice76
MingSubu-I'm taking the advice of others and looking for an opening at one of the Wabash lots either around 18th or 14th st. My plan B is parking at one of the larger grocery stores that have big lots a few miles away and walking a bit further.

If you park at a store lot, odds are you'll get towed. They will charge you over 200 to get ur car. I advise against this. This is coming from experience unfortunately.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 3, 2019 01:18

JJFLASH-thanks for the info. I kind of was getting that idea. Went ahead and booked the Waldon just to eliminate any possible parking issues. My guess is all parking spaces are going to be expensive that day.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 3, 2019 02:18

Hairball
grzegorz67
Hairball
Another pair of official Tumbling Dice VIP's together have appeared in Sec 340 at $199+ each for show #2.
Resales one row in front are double the price, and Platinums five rows in front are at $225.

That’s a decent deal for someone. I’d settle for something similar for Show 1. Which is now 100% definitely happening. I’ve booked and paid for all travel and accommodation. Train from Philly to Chicago on 19th, 21 hours including a 4 hour layover at Pittsburgh and the direct Greyhound from Chicago to New York on 22nd for my original flight home late at night on 23rd. I know one other Briton who’s travelling to Chicago ticketless thumbs up. He’s never failed to get in nor have I though I came mighty close at London 1, 2012!

Decent priced tickets are still thin on the ground for Show 1. I’m hoping for something decent for my $200 budget. As prep, I’ve printed off a seating plan and a high res screenshot of a ticket so I know what they look like, in case I end up dealing with the touts(scalpers) in the car park.

This will be my 6th tour opener. Looking forward to it.

Not sure what's going on with tickets for the first show grzegorz67 as I've still been focused solely on the second show (even with a decent pair in hand), but something's bound to happen for you sooner or later. thumbs up
As for the second show, a bunch of regular GA's at standard price $125+ became newly avaialable the other day - I actually put 8 in my cart as a test ha - but those were all gone soon after I posted in the Lucky Dip thread.

Glad you have your itnerary all sorted - safe travels! smileys with beer

Ta thumbs up. I got 8 standard GAs in my cart for Show 1 last week. If I'm travelling all this way, I'm after something better than that. I'm minded to go right down to the wire. If more LD's drop, I'll grab a pair

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 4, 2019 00:05

Hairball
Even though I'm set, still in the habit of checking tix for Chicago #2 with the possibility of upgrading, and saw some Pit 1's available at face value @ $495+.
Also Platinums in Sec B row 5 behind Pit 2 at $545+. Out of my price range/comfort zone, but bodes well for maybe some more prices being lowered and/or other seats becoming available as time moves on.

Chicago #2: Pit 2 available $495 plus fees.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 4, 2019 00:23

Unsurprisingly, there are absolutely loads of tickets available in every single section for show 1 on stubhub at ridiculous prices.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2019 02:05

cmc
Hairball
Even though I'm set, still in the habit of checking tix for Chicago #2 with the possibility of upgrading, and saw some Pit 1's available at face value @ $495+.
Also Platinums in Sec B row 5 behind Pit 2 at $545+. Out of my price range/comfort zone, but bodes well for maybe some more prices being lowered and/or other seats becoming available as time moves on.

Chicago #2: Pit 2 available $495 plus fees.

Yes was just going to post that here - as of this minute both Pit 1 and 2 available at face value $495+.

Posted by: gengiant90 ()
Date: June 4, 2019 04:40

$125 General Admission for Chicago 2 now available. The $495 PIT tickets are still there as well.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 4, 2019 08:08

gengiant90
$125 General Admission for Chicago 2 now available. The $495 PIT tickets are still there as well.

Not any more angry smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:51

I'm stilling pulling up rear GAs for $125.50 for #2

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:09

I sure would like to see St. Paul and The Broken Bones up close and personal from the PIT...
c'mon Lucky Dip get LUCKY! winking smiley

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: mvarles ()
Date: June 10, 2019 05:18

Has anyone upgraded for the opener or simply need to dump a couple GA tix? Getting tired of tracking TM and the resale markets.

Enjoy all!

chicago
Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: June 9, 2019 22:53

hey all, i have 6 nights booked at the River hows every one......READY?!!!!

Re: chicago
Date: June 9, 2019 23:00

Countdown is on!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 10, 2019 01:06

why don't u close this thread and put your message into the regular Chicago thread?

plexi

Date: June 10, 2019 02:05

Or start a 3rd Too Much Blood thread! Seriously, who ever thought there would be two Too Much Blood threads going at once!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 10, 2019 02:13

liquorgud
hey all, i have 6 nights booked at the River hows every one......READY?!!!!

Get with the program

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: June 10, 2019 02:17

I was just starting to enjoy the pointlessness of this thread!

Date: June 10, 2019 03:48

sorry ....ill catch up

Date: June 10, 2019 16:06

i have 6 nights at the River, and Deneson tix, solo so far......CAN't WAIT

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 10, 2019 20:39

GAs back up for Tuesday...

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:14

I just received an email from TM that Chicago is Mobile tickets only. I run into the following problem:

I cannot download the TM app from Ticketmaster.com on the itunes store (not available in your country)
I cannot use "text my tickets" either as the country code for the Benelux is not available.

Have any of you run into this as well, and did you find a workaround?

Looking forward to seeing the guys again.

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:17

Promoman2
I just received an email from TM that Chicago is Mobile tickets only. I run into the following problem:

I cannot download the TM app from Ticketmaster.com on the itunes store (not available in your country)
I cannot use "text my tickets" either as the country code for the Benelux is not available.

You can create a different iTunes account with another email (or if you have gmail, just add a dot somewhere) and set this new account's country to the US.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:23

Ey guys, this will be a hell of an opening night!! Do you remember Chigaco 1997?

Just to get you in the mood, the full show:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 11, 2019 23:26

I remember Chicago 1997! Great setlist-Let it Bleed, Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown, The Last Time, Little Queenie,Wanna Hold You, and All About You!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:29

Yeah, they might throw one or two of these gems in this time. Don't expect a 19 song set. It will be 20+ for sure.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:35

Promoman2

did you just buy your Chicago tickets or are you out of the country? that would make sense if you did why they are saying mobile only, not enough time to ship them. i have pit 2 tickets in hand for both Chicago shows, i did receive a typical TM reminder email saying we sent you tickets and make sure you have them. Im on android so cant help with itunes. Call TM and just to will call pick up if needed.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:41

1985jayer
Promoman2

did you just buy your Chicago tickets or are you out of the country? that would make sense if you did why they are saying mobile only, not enough time to ship them. i have pit 2 tickets in hand for both Chicago shows, i did receive a typical TM reminder email saying we sent you tickets and make sure you have them. Im on android so cant help with itunes. Call TM and just to will call pick up if needed.

All fixed. It was very easy. I just had to log in on TM.com on my phone browser, and could easily transfer the ticket to my 'wallet' from there.
Thanks for your support anyway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 23:54 by Promoman2.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 11, 2019 23:55

Promoman2
I bought the ticket as soon as it came available many months ago.
The email I got today states:
"This event is mobile entry only.
Your mobile ticket must be displayed on your phone to get into the event. Tickets will not be mailed or available for print."

Whenever I have to use mobile tickets for something, before leaving the house I always view the tickets, and save them as an image to my smartphone. That way in case when I get to the venue and have difficuly logging in, I will have the image as a back-up. The bar code should work from a photo.

Good luck!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: June 12, 2019 01:17

Good tip Cindy!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 12, 2019 02:53

TumblinDice76
Good tip Cindy!
It is the only way to do mobile tickets... works very well for boarding passes etc as well!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home