Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 22, 2019 13:14

grzegorz67
I checked last night and s good few more standard price tickets dropped for Show 1. I was also able to pull up 8 rear floor GA for face before throwing them back again. The usual bait and switch fun and games are going on. I don’t believe tickets will be hard to come by for this on the day, especially singles.

Yep. Last June I arrived at the Olympiastadion in Berlin 30 minutes before show time. Got a 500 euro face value ticket for 250 euro...and probably paid too much.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 22, 2019 13:38

StonedInTokyo
grzegorz67
I checked last night and s good few more standard price tickets dropped for Show 1. I was also able to pull up 8 rear floor GA for face before throwing them back again. The usual bait and switch fun and games are going on. I don’t believe tickets will be hard to come by for this on the day, especially singles.

Yep. Last June I arrived at the Olympiastadion in Berlin 30 minutes before show time. Got a 500 euro face value ticket for 250 euro...and probably paid too much.

Unlike Berlin, this one's a tour opener which will create a bit of extra demand. But even so, there will be good late tickets to be had at a decent price. There's also a 2nd show 4 days later so any locals (who'll make up most of the crowd) put off by high prices will simply wait for that 2nd show.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 24, 2019 15:03

GA for Chi2 currently available if anyone interested
syrel

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2019 00:50

Another pair of official Tumbling Dice VIP's together have appeared in Sec 340 at $199+ each for show #2.
Resales one row in front are double the price, and Platinums five rows in front are at $225.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 29, 2019 01:31

Any more word on parking options?

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 29, 2019 03:44

TumblinDice76

take the train. Parking will be rough.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 29, 2019 04:01

Do not drive to Soldier Field.
You will be stuck in traffic FOREVER.

Plenty of bars in the South Loop...and walk from there. Don't worry about specific directions... there will be tens of thousands of fans making the same walk.

I'm hitting O'Neils on Wells street before both shows and will walk from there.

Date: May 29, 2019 06:06

Thanks for the info. That is kind of what I was thinking. All the times I've been to Soldier, I never knew how close Chess studios was.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 29, 2019 06:08

TumblinDice76

Contact at Soldier Field said that Waldron will be open for tailgating on top level.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 29, 2019 06:56

I booked a spot in the Waldron garage... staying down in Valpo and driving in, so figured this was my best option.

I was gonna skip this gig since my last few times driving into Chicago have been less than joyous, but my buddy Dave wanted to take his daughter for her first Stones gig... and now we get to see the opener!!

Smart friends are great to have... See you all there!

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: May 29, 2019 22:58

6s7s9s
Do not drive to Soldier Field.
You will be stuck in traffic FOREVER.

Plenty of bars in the South Loop...and walk from there. Don't worry about specific directions... there will be tens of thousands of fans making the same walk.

I'm hitting O'Neils on Wells street before both shows and will walk from there.

just a reminder that a great tribute band, beggars banquet, is playing o'neils on saturday, june 22. hope to see you there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 22:58 by chrisvw.

Date: May 29, 2019 23:55

TKinOH
I booked a spot in the Waldron garage...
I'm debating whether to just book the Waldron myself. Plan B is to park about a mile and a half away and just walk.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 30, 2019 00:05

I'm sure a Friday night with that Lake Shake country fest goin' on next door, will make it a mess no matter what...

It's Only Rock 'n' Roll

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: May 30, 2019 01:05

Maybe 15% drive to Soldier Field for shows or sporting events. I take the CTA train and walk. One little tip, if you do need to drive, park close to the 18th street walkway to Soldier, download that app called Spot Hero or just pay for a lot on 18th and State or 18th and Michigan. That walkway bridge is nice and not as crowded as the Roosevelt walk to Soldier. Plan ahead, wear comfy shoes, pace is the trick and be safe. see ya in the Pits. Remember, the starting point for Route 66 is in Chicago, there is a sign for it in the loop. So get your kicks Stoners...

Date: May 30, 2019 01:17

1985jayer-thanks for info. I'm driving up day of show from Peoria so I've been debating my options. Seems like parking further away and walking is the leading option at this point.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 30, 2019 03:37

Any IORR meeting place yet ?I didn't see anything on here yet.

Date: May 30, 2019 06:36

Don't know about any preshow meetups yet for either show, but I know a bunch of fans who will be attending the Karl Denson show on Saturday the 22nd.

Date: May 30, 2019 21:53

Even though I'm set, still in the habit of checking tix for Chicago #2 with the possibility of upgrading, and saw some Pit 1's available at face value @ $495+.
Also Platinums in Sec B row 5 behind Pit 2 at $545+. Out of my price range/comfort zone, but bodes well for maybe some more prices being lowered and/or other seats becoming available as time moves on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-30 21:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 30, 2019 22:21

I JUST SCORED LUCKY DIP CHICAGO #1
hot smiley

Date: May 30, 2019 22:39

Fantastic! thumbs up

Date: May 30, 2019 22:49

Hairball
Fantastic! thumbs up

Thank you Hairball...
thank you kindly.

This place ROCKS!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 30, 2019 22:50

Congrats Kurt!
Luck dippin' this show as well.
See ya' in the pit!!

Date: May 30, 2019 23:25

MisterDDDD
Congrats Kurt!
Luck dippin' this show as well.
See ya' in the pit!!

thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 31, 2019 03:06

Say I parked a few mile, or 2, south of Soldiers Field to avoid traffic and whatnot. Is it a pretty easy/safe place to walk to?

Date: May 31, 2019 06:17

MingSubu-I'm taking the advice of others and looking for an opening at one of the Wabash lots either around 18th or 14th st. My plan B is parking at one of the larger grocery stores that have big lots a few miles away and walking a bit further.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 31, 2019 06:47

Cool, I'm probably doing the same.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 31, 2019 08:32

We reserved parking at the Waldorn lot for both shows. Great spot for tailgating, meeting up with other fans and gearing up for the shows. So many great memories from doing this at past shows. Time to make some new memories!

Date: June 1, 2019 23:43

I just reserved a spot at the Waldorn myself. Did a lot of looking at parking options and with 2 different conventions going on at McCormick Place as well, might as well just book now and save time driving around looking for a spot only to pay the same price. Plus the lot opens at 3:30. I can get there, park and then take a walk around and hit Chess Studios and a few other places.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 3, 2019 00:33

Hairball
Another pair of official Tumbling Dice VIP's together have appeared in Sec 340 at $199+ each for show #2.
Resales one row in front are double the price, and Platinums five rows in front are at $225.

That’s a decent deal for someone. I’d settle for something similar for Show 1. Which is now 100% definitely happening. I’ve booked and paid for all travel and accommodation. Train from Philly to Chicago on 19th, 21 hours including a 4 hour layover at Pittsburgh and the direct Greyhound from Chicago to New York on 22nd for my original flight home late at night on 23rd. I know one other Briton who’s travelling to Chicago ticketless thumbs up. He’s never failed to get in nor have I though I came mighty close at London 1, 2012!

Decent priced tickets are still thin on the ground for Show 1. I’m hoping for something decent for my $200 budget. As prep, I’ve printed off a seating plan and a high res screenshot of a ticket so I know what they look like, in case I end up dealing with the touts(scalpers) in the car park.

This will be my 6th tour opener. Looking forward to it.

Date: June 3, 2019 01:06

grzegorz67
Hairball

That’s a decent deal for someone. I’d settle for something similar for Show 1. Which is now 100% definitely happening. I’ve booked and paid for all travel and accommodation. Train from Philly to Chicago on 19th, 21 hours including a 4 hour layover at Pittsburgh and the direct Greyhound from Chicago to New York on 22nd for my original flight home late at night on 23rd. I know one other Briton who’s travelling to Chicago ticketless thumbs up. He’s never failed to get in nor have I though I came mighty close at London 1, 2012!

Decent priced tickets are still thin on the ground for Show 1. I’m hoping for something decent for my $200 budget. As prep, I’ve printed off a seating plan and a high res screenshot of a ticket so I know what they look like, in case I end up dealing with the touts(scalpers) in the car park.

This will be my 6th tour opener. Looking forward to it.

Not sure what's going on with tickets for the first show grzegorz67 as I've still been focused solely on the second show (even with a decent pair in hand), but something's bound to happen for you sooner or later. thumbs up
As for the second show, a bunch of regular GA's at standard price $125+ became newly avaialable the other day - I actually put 8 in my cart as a test ha - but those were all gone soon after I posted in the Lucky Dip thread.

Glad you have your itnerary all sorted - safe travels! smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home