Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 19, 2019 18:59

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-19 20:06 by angee.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 19, 2019 19:49

A handful of standard price tickets now popping up on TM for show 1 when previously there were none. I full expect more to appear over the next 5 weeks. Show 1 will definitely be a harder ticket than Show 2.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 19, 2019 19:56

The standard price tickets have mostly been singles. I picked up 2 standard price tickets on the aisle, one behind the other, a week ago for the first show. Sec. 309.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 02:23

Was looking at parking options this afternoon. If the South lot is totaly not an option, parking may be very rough.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 21, 2019 04:02

On the TM site for Chicago 1 on the right hand side there is a list of 'lowest price' and 'best seats'. For Chicago 2, however, I don't see any lists, just the seat map. Is anyone else finding this?

syrel

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 21, 2019 04:47

Yes Syrel, but don't know why or if it matters much.
For Chicago 2 you just hover over the sections to see starting at prices.
I've also noticed prices seem to have increased a bit for platinum tix in many sections for that show...

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 21, 2019 07:40

Soldier Field finally released parking for the North Lot and Waldron Lotsmileys with beer!

[soldierfield.clickandpark.com]

$55 is a bit steep, but it'll be worth every penny!

What a way to kick off the tour on the first day of summersmiling smiley!

Date: May 21, 2019 09:32

Hairball
Yes Syrel, but don't know why or if it matters much.
For Chicago 2 you just hover over the sections to see starting at prices.
I've also noticed prices seem to have increased a bit for platinum tix in many sections for that show...

Actually, I'm finding that the 'list' prices can be lower than the hovered 'starting price' on the map - that's why I'm trying to sort it out.

For example, around the time I last posted, the map was showing 1599 for the pit (SMU package), but the list under best seats showed platinum pit available for 1020.

syrel

Date: May 21, 2019 16:45

bam
The standard price tickets have mostly been singles. I picked up 2 standard price tickets on the aisle, one behind the other, a week ago for the first show. Sec. 309.

In terms of pricing, I think that's a very good value buy. If 'A view from my seat' is anything to go by, the front of the 300s near the end of the field closest to the stage is a good shout, particularly the side you're on. As Hairball pointed out, the stadium appears not to be symmetrical, with fewer rows in the 200s on your side.

Date: May 21, 2019 17:57

Some new tickets dropped for the Tuesday show this morning.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 18:23

wineaux
Soldier Field finally released parking for the North Lot and Waldron Lotsmileys with beer!

[soldierfield.clickandpark.com]

$55 is a bit steep, but it'll be worth every penny!

What a way to kick off the tour on the first day of summersmiling smiley!

That's a great deal as the parking will be extremely limited with the country festival going on at northerly island friday and the south lot being closed for the circus. These parking passes normally go for $150 on secondary market for bears games as well.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 18:55

There is a Country festival going on too? With the Circus taking up the entire South lot, I may pick up the $55 parking pass. I think parking is going to be a real problem. Is that North Lot underground?

Date: May 21, 2019 19:10

grzegorz67
bam

In terms of pricing, I think that's a very good value buy. If 'A view from my seat' is anything to go by, the front of the 300s near the end of the field closest to the stage is a good shout, particularly the side you're on. As Hairball pointed out, the stadium appears not to be symmetrical, with fewer rows in the 200s on your side.

Actually 309 is on the other/right side with more rows in the 200's.

Posting pic again for reference - view from back of stadium facing stage.

Sections 303- 317 are on right side looking towards stage, while sections 343-330 are on the left side .
The 200's on the right side have more rows, while the 200's on the left side have less and it appears all of those are tucked underneath the 300's making those 300's lower and closer to the field.

Date: May 21, 2019 19:25

Very informative and I'll hang on to that.

And as you made the point previously, don't ever get a seat for any concert ever underneath an overhang because the sound there is the absolute pits! I had such a seat in Cardiff in 2006. I moved into an empty seat further forward when I realised. I'd bought the ticket from a tout (scalper) in the street and later noticed it was marked 'papering'. Lesson learnt! At the show at the same stadium last year, I noticed the same seats were tarped off. Hopefully they'll have the decency to do the same in Chicago, or at least sell them off cheaply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-21 19:32 by grzegorz67.

Date: May 21, 2019 19:26

According to the TM chart, there are 12 rows in the 200s on Ronnie's side, and 19 on Keith's side.

syrel

Date: May 21, 2019 19:33

The 300 seats on the east side are higher. As a tradeoff, there are supposed to be more amenities on the east side for the 200 and 300 levels, including indoor areas in case of really bad weather (not that that will happen).

Date: May 21, 2019 19:49

bam
The 300 seats on the east side are higher. As a tradeoff, there are supposed to be more amenities on the east side for the 200 and 300 levels, including indoor areas in case of really bad weather (not that that will happen).

Are you local, Bam? Or at least know the stadium well ? Of the 300s Which side, in your opinion is best for concerts? The 309 side or the 339/40 side?

Date: May 21, 2019 20:05

syrel
According to the TM chart, there are 12 rows in the 200s on Ronnie's side, and 19 on Keith's side.

syrel

Yes, but if you zoom in to the middle sections of the 200's on Ronnie's side there are only nine rows according to the TM chart, and the very middle section (237) there are only six.
The grey area behind those rows I'm assuming are restrooms, food booths, etc., but not sure, though it is the 'Media deck' so I assume that's what is there. That entire 200 section Ronnies side gets good reviews for football games in rainy weather because you're sheltered, but for a concert not so much because of the compromised sound and view underneath an overhang. Also notice in pic above, the entire 200's Ronnie's side are tucked completely underneath the 300's above resulting in the 300's closer to the field vs. the other sides 300's that are set quite a bit further back and higher.

Nice interactive map that allows you to move around stadium here: Soldier Field
Also below map click on "You can views from all sections in stadium" for a variety of perspectives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-21 20:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 21, 2019 20:30

grzegorz67
bam

Are you local, Bam? Or at least know the stadium well ? Of the 300s Which side, in your opinion is best for concerts? The 309 side or the 339/40 side?

From what I've researched, it looks like the 339/40 side is slightly better. I actually have a 339 ticket for Chicago #2, and a 307 for Chicago #1. 307 looks a little higher but still a decent spot.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: May 21, 2019 20:50

grzegorz67
bam

i have season tix for the Bears at Soldier, club seats. The best side is the East side, the concourse is inside, has carpet, over 10 bars, leather couches, flat screen tv's, better food, etc.....have seen many shows at the east side club, great view and sound. I have pit tix for my hometown shows or i would be there, my wife and 9 year old daughter will be in sec 313 for chicago 2.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 21, 2019 21:09

TumblinDice76
There is a Country festival going on too? With the Circus taking up the entire South lot, I may pick up the $55 parking pass. I think parking is going to be a real problem. Is that North Lot underground?

Yep, the 3-day Country Lake Shake is going on across the street at Northerly Island.

The Soldier Field North lot is completely covered/underground. Adler parking is good, but not for tailgating.

I've been sending out a lot of feelers to friends/family who tailgate for Bears games and they've mentioned there's a parking lot on Indiana Avenue that's fun for tailgating. We also used to park down by Burnham Harbor for fishing, but I'm not sure that's even available these days. I opted for Waldron lot though.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 21:15

wineaux
TumblinDice76

Yep, the 3-day Country Lake Shake is going on across the street at Northerly Island.

The Soldier Field North lot is completely covered/underground. Adler parking is good, but not for tailgating.

I've been sending out a lot of feelers to friends/family who tailgate for Bears games and they've mentioned there's a parking lot on Indiana Avenue that's fun for tailgating. We also used to park down by Burnham Harbor for fishing, but I'm not sure that's even available these days. I opted for Waldron lot though.

The best bet for tailgating is the Waldron deck. It's the closest official lot from the stadium and is two floors. Tailgating is allowed on the top deck. The north garage is connected to the stadium indoors, but does not allow tailgating and is real hard to get out of after the show. People also tailgate in the south lot, but assuming that will be completely shut off for the circus.

Date: May 21, 2019 22:22

1985jayer said: “i have season tix for the Bears at Soldier, club seats. The best side is the East side, the concourse is inside, has carpet, over 10 bars, leather couches, flat screen tv's, better food, etc.....have seen many shows at the east side club, great view and sound. I have pit tix for my hometown shows or i would be there, my wife and 9 year old daughter will be in sec 313 for chicago 2.”

I’ve only been to football games at the rebuilt field. The east side is mere comfortable (if that matters), and would be better in bad weather if you need to take a break and go inside. Whether any particular seat is better on east v. west depends on the location.

Date: May 22, 2019 00:13

1985jayer
"the concourse is inside, has carpet, over 10 bars, leather couches, flat screen tv's, better food, etc...."

Sounds like some sort of a pleasure cruise, but does all that really matter at a Stones concert?
I guess for some it might, but I remember the good old days of hot dogs and beer surrounded by concrete and steel with no chairs in sight!
When they eventually introduced nachos to the "menu" it was seen as some sort of luxury lol.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 22, 2019 00:27

Hairball
grzegorz67
bam

Actually 309 is on the other/right side with more rows in the 200's.

Posting pic again for reference - view from back of stadium facing stage.

Sections 303- 317 are on right side looking towards stage, while sections 343-330 are on the left side .
The 200's on the right side have more rows, while the 200's on the left side have less and it appears all of those are tucked underneath the 300's making those 300's lower and closer to the field.

I can always count on a huge million people crowd shot to quell my quest for more shows (serious) lol

Date: May 22, 2019 01:00

While I prefer smaller arenas, theaters, and clubs for the superior sound and intimacy, there's something thrilling and exciting about attending a Stones show in a massive state of the art stadium with all the bells and whistles surrounded by 100,000 people (give or take) who are there for the same reason - to celebrate the Stones! Given the fact that the arena and smaller shows are a thing of the past, not to mention 'this could be the last time', can't pass up this tour and committed to seeing four shows at the minimum (Chi, Santa Clara, L.A., Glendale). Already thinking about the possibility of dashing up to Seattle to make it five, then making my way down the coast, and then off to Arizona for what could possibly be my personal grand finale of nearly 40 years of seeing the Stones, rounding it off to an even 62 shows in total. Will there ever be the opportunity to see the Stones in the States again after this? Hard to say, but if and when they ever do, it won't be for quite some time...gotta see 'em while I can. thumbs up

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 22, 2019 01:36

I agree with you 100% Hairball. Have to view this tour as the last in the USA even though hopefully it's not. I saw a single in the 100 level close to the stage for Chicago 1 for around $350 plus fees today on ticketmaster and was tempted to get it. Playing the waiting game and hoping for something better/cheaper closer to show time but given it's the first show and all, I'm a bit nervous.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 22, 2019 01:57

I wouldn’t wait to get tickets, 30 days away. But that’s me.
It’s also just ‘me’ that does not enjoy large crowds.
This is gonna be a killer show Chicago 1 & 2.

Date: May 22, 2019 03:58

keefmick
I agree with you 100% Hairball. Have to view this tour as the last in the USA even though hopefully it's not. I saw a single in the 100 level close to the stage for Chicago 1 for around $350 plus fees today on ticketmaster and was tempted to get it. Playing the waiting game and hoping for something better/cheaper closer to show time but given it's the first show and all, I'm a bit nervous.

Reasonably priced Chicago #1 tix are probably going to be "tough, tough, tough, tough, tough" to get from here on out.
On the other hand things might "flex" for the better a day or two leading up to the show with unsold VIP's being thrown back into the standard batch.
If you're going solo, it's wise to hold out imo, but for those trying to get a pair or more together might want to grab 'em while you can.

Hard to predict what will happen considering the postponement, those seeking refunds, those deciding to go now because it's the first show, the rescheduling (back to original date), etc., etc., etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-22 03:59 by Hairball.

Date: May 22, 2019 10:51

Hairball
keefmick

Reasonably priced Chicago #1 tix are probably going to be "tough, tough, tough, tough, tough" to get from here on out.
On the other hand things might "flex" for the better a day or two leading up to the show with unsold VIP's being thrown back into the standard batch.
If you're going solo, it's wise to hold out imo, but for those trying to get a pair or more together might want to grab 'em while you can.

Hard to predict what will happen considering the postponement, those seeking refunds, those deciding to go now because it's the first show, the rescheduling (back to original date), etc., etc., etc.

I checked last night and s good few more standard price tickets dropped for Show 1. I was also able to pull up 8 rear floor GA for face before throwing them back again. The usual bait and switch fun and games are going on. I don’t believe tickets will be hard to come by for this on the day, especially singles.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home