Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 17:02

powerage78
Chicago, ticket price from 145 to 4394 $ (platinium), that's right ?

Wouldn't surprise me. Avoid Platininum. That would be Ticketmaster touting (scalping) their own tickets which would otherwise be sold at standard price. Verified Fan Resale is a load of bollocks too. No true fan would try to sell on their ticket to a fellow fan for a profit and anyone who does is shameless.

Relax. There will be drops in the last few days. I'm travelling ticketless and have no worries at all. The car park outside will be a hive of activity on the day with ticket touts desperately trying to offload the last of their wares at a knockdown price to avoid a 100% loss.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 17, 2019 17:30

I think it was the really brutal cold and piercing windy concert at Soldier Field was it in Oct of 2006? Many people were actually trying to give away tickets outside Soldier Field for free as the weather was so bad. I am sure there will be some decent face value tickets dropped day of the concerts for those with patience to wait. Despite the nasty weather, That Oct 2006 gig was a really good concert. The Stones always seem to give extra when the weather Gods are not smiling.

Speaking of weather, the long term pattern remains cool and wet here in the Chicago area, so people coming to Chicago for the openers should bring appropriate clothing should it be cool, windy, and rainy. On the other hand it could be really nice out too. Let's hope so!

Date: May 17, 2019 17:42

filstan
I think it was the really brutal cold and piercing windy concert at Soldier Field was it in Oct of 2006? Many people were actually trying to give away tickets outside Soldier Field for free as the weather was so bad. I am sure there will be some decent face value tickets dropped day of the concerts for those with patience to wait. Despite the nasty weather, That Oct 2006 gig was a really good concert. The Stones always seem to give extra when the weather Gods are not smiling.

Speaking of weather, the long term pattern remains cool and wet here in the Chicago area, so people coming to Chicago for the openers should bring appropriate clothing should it be cool, windy, and rainy. On the other hand it could be really nice out too. Let's hope so!

And very helpfully, the entire stadium is uncovered without a roof over any of the spectator seating areas grinning smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:26

If rehearsals are here I can easily be deployed to investigate and hang out, have lived in the city for 11 years.

Date: May 17, 2019 18:32

mnewman505
If rehearsals are here I can easily be deployed to investigate and hang out, have lived in the city for 11 years.

They usually do a long soundcheck 2 days before the 1st show of a tour. In Oslo 2014 we got a full show with what proved to be the complete setlist. In Hamburg it was 9 songs. Stick 19th June in your diary thumbs up.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:06

grzegorz67
filstan

And very helpfully, the entire stadium is uncovered without a roof over any of the spectator seating areas grinning smiley

Having been lucky enough to see every tour in Chicago since '81 (and the O2 shows in London in 2007), I must say that October show was the coldest ever! We stayed backstage during Elvis Costello's opening act just to keep warm. The only show that we ever left early... we were dressed for it, but could no longer feel our toes! June should be much nicersmiling bouncing smiley!

As someone mentioned before, Cirque Du Soleil starts tomorrow at Soldier Field and goes for a couple of months. Being that we are planning on tailgating (that's half the fun of a Stones show, especially the buzz of an opener!), I contacted Soldier Field yesterday and was told that the big top tent will encompass the entire south parking lot, which is a major bummer! The north parking lot will be open, but it's completely enclosed. There is a small section of another parking lot that "might" be open according to Soldier Field rep. They won't know until closer to the date.

Across from Soldier Field is the Adler Parking, which is close to the lakefront and could be an option, except that the Country Lake Shake will be happening starting on the 21st at Northerly Island (next to Adler). However, that looks like a "Family Friendly Lot" aka no boozesad smiley. I've tried to add the pic of the parking area, but can't seem to get it to work.

Am hoping to go down and scope the area out soon... will get back to you all if anyone else is interested!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 22:16

wineaux
grzegorz67
filstan

Having been lucky enough to see every tour in Chicago since '81 (and the O2 shows in London in 2007), I must say that October show was the coldest ever! We stayed backstage during Elvis Costello's opening act just to keep warm. The only show that we ever left early... we were dressed for it, but could no longer feel our toes! June should be much nicersmiling bouncing smiley!

As someone mentioned before, Cirque Du Soleil starts tomorrow at Soldier Field and goes for a couple of months. Being that we are planning on tailgating (that's half the fun of a Stones show, especially the buzz of an opener!), I contacted Soldier Field yesterday and was told that the big top tent will encompass the entire south parking lot, which is a major bummer! The north parking lot will be open, but it's completely enclosed. There is a small section of another parking lot that "might" be open according to Soldier Field rep. They won't know until closer to the date.

Across from Soldier Field is the Adler Parking, which is close to the lakefront and could be an option, except that the Country Lake Shake will be happening starting on the 21st at Northerly Island (next to Adler). However, that looks like a "Family Friendly Lot" aka no boozesad smiley. I've tried to add the pic of the parking area, but can't seem to get it to work.

Am hoping to go down and scope the area out soon... will get back to you all if anyone else is interested!

You should be able to tailgate in the top part of the Waldron deck.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 23:45

Wineaux-Thanks for the info! keep us posted if you mind out anything else on potential tailgating areas. Losing the South Lot for parking is kind of a big blow.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2019 00:09

Snatched up a pair of Tumbling Dice VIP's earlier in section 340 at $199+fees each for my wife and I. Not too shabby, and now don't have to worry...plus I get some useless VIP merch! smiling smiley
Saw a similar TD/VIP pair in same section last week, hesitated for a minute, and then they vanished - people must be getting refunds and then TM sporadically throws them back in the batch.
Was trying to be patient and see what might eventually appear (and possible price drops, etc), but now I'm done with it and can go on with my life ha. Plus, the seats are nice and I didn't break the bank!

Looking again right now, there's a single Tumbling Dice/VIP in 341 row 2 seat (1 closer section to the stage), a single in 336, and a pair back in 333.

View from Sec 340:

*Tumbling Dice VIP package includes:

One Premium Reserved Seated Ticket
Stunningly Visual. Impeccably Indelible. (lol wtf?)
* Custom Digital Photobook Designed Exclusively for VIPs
* Includes a Brilliant Selection of Archival Tour Photography & Inspirational Imagery
* Each Digital Photobook Also Includes a Photograph from Your Actual Concert!
Essential The Rolling Stones VIP Merchandise
* One Special VIP Tour Gift (Created Exclusively for VIP Package Purchasers)
* One Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-18 00:14 by Hairball.

Date: May 18, 2019 00:23

That looks very decent Hairball! I’d be happy with a seat like that. Good view. Relatively speaking, very good value. Something similar for me for show 1 would do very nicely.

Date: May 18, 2019 00:33

Yes grzegorz67 it's a bit relief - it's one thing to find a single ticket for myself which is not a prob, but getting a decent pair at a reasonable price with my wife in mind is another thing altogether.
Mission accomplished and away we go! thumbs up

Date: May 18, 2019 02:16

Chicago night 1, section 340 row 14 for me. But I got my tix first day they went on sale. I won't say what I paid!

Date: May 18, 2019 03:40

TumblinDice76
Chicago night 1, section 340 row 14 for me. But I got my tix first day they went on sale. I won't say what I paid!

Haha, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, meaning you either paid much more or much less than what I paid for Tumbling Dice VIP's at $199+/each.
Seeing as you bought them the first day, I'm assuming you paid much less, but what I don't know won't kill me and I get a free laminate and lanyard ha!
On the other hand, if memory serves standard priced tickets in those mid-level sections were around $250+ each?!
Not sure how or why the VIP's would be less than that now, but maybe the "flex" pricing has something to do with it?

OK...now I'm very curious...can you answer with a simple more or less?
If not, understood...winking smiley...we're in the house and that's all that matters!

*As of this minute, there's still a TD/VIP single in 336.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 18, 2019 03:52

Hairball
TumblinDice76

Haha, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, meaning you either paid much more or much less than what I paid for Tumbling Dice VIP's at $199+/each.
Seeing as you bought them the first day, I'm assuming you paid much less, but what I don't know won't kill me and I get a free laminate and lanyard ha!
On the other hand, if memory serves standard priced tickets in those mid-level sections were around $250+ each?!
Not sure how or why the VIP's would be less than that now, but maybe the "flex" pricing has something to do with it?

OK...now I'm very curious...can you answer with a simple more or less?
If not, understood...winking smiley...we're in the house and that's all that matters!

*As of this minute, there's still a TD/VIP single in 336.

We're right above your head hairball! sec 439 row 3! I'll try not to spit on ya.

Date: May 18, 2019 03:58

Lol...I'll bring an umbrella just in case...smileys with beer

Date: May 18, 2019 06:38

Dougratajczak87
wineaux
grzegorz67
filstan

I also asked about the Waldron lot since we've tailgated there before... that was the one he was unsure about and said to call back closer to the show. Makes no sense to me!

Date: May 18, 2019 06:42

Dougratajczak87
wineaux
grzegorz67
filstan

I did ask him about the Waldron lot since we've tailgated there before and that was the one he was unsure about and said to call back closer to the show. Makes no sense to me!

Date: May 18, 2019 06:45

TumblinDice76
Wineaux-Thanks for the info! keep us posted if you mind out anything else on potential tailgating areas. Losing the South Lot for parking is kind of a big blow.

At this point, finding a good place to tailgate is more difficult than scoring a ticketeye popping smiley

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: May 18, 2019 08:15

Does anyone know between what approximate times the soundcheck makes the stones in the first place of the tour? I would be arriving in Chicago on June 19 after noon. Thank you!

Date: May 18, 2019 08:22

Hairball-much less but I didn't get any of the fun extras!

Date: May 18, 2019 08:31

Thanks TumblinDice76 I had a feeling that was the case.
I would have been more than happy to pay less without the "fun" extras, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Anybody want to buy an exclusive laminate? grinning smileywinking smiley

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 18, 2019 17:06

wineaux
Dougratajczak87
wineaux
grzegorz67
filstan

I did ask him about the Waldron lot since we've tailgated there before and that was the one he was unsure about and said to call back closer to the show. Makes no sense to me!

Thanks for the clarifier above. I sent a note to someone I've talked with before that works in Marketing at Soldier Field to see if that person can provide any additional context. Will let you know once I hear back.

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: May 18, 2019 19:34

Anybody got any face value for Night 1?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 19, 2019 05:56

Hairball
Yes grzegorz67 it's a bit relief - it's one thing to find a single ticket for myself which is not a prob, but getting a decent pair at a reasonable price with my wife in mind is another thing altogether.
Mission accomplished and away we go! thumbs up

try looking for 7 together Hairball, er, u now know the problems and difficulties with that as I put it all on display and hijacked the main tour thread for several pages until I got what I needed. You are now experiencing the relief and joy of life on the other side of a lengthy search for multiple Stones tickets together, but without posting it all over IORR as I did. Congratulations.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-19 06:00 by timbernardis.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 19, 2019 06:06

makustone
Does anyone know between what approximate times the soundcheck makes the stones in the first place of the tour? I would be arriving in Chicago on June 19 after noon. Thank you!

A year ago, I was outside Croke Park in Dublin when they did not so much a soundcheck as a tour rehearsal two days before the show, covering 12 songs. As I recall, it was at about 3 pm and, like you, we flew in that same day. To be sure, check the travel thread for that show but also BV's Stones Life blog.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 19, 2019 14:48

I will have a spare bed in my room at the Best Western Grant Park in Chicago from June 23 through June 26. Anybody interested in sharing hotel costs with me? The room totals to 570 USD including taxes for the three nights so half of that would be 285 bucks.

EDIT: the actual ROOM is available now for anyone interested. Contact me if interested before I cancel it.

MisterDDDD took care of me with a spare LD and he's sharing his room with me at Congress Plaza for my extended stay!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-19 16:20 by Topi.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 19, 2019 16:35

For you Chicago folks, I am planing on staying at the Marriott Marquis at 2121 Prairie. It looks close enough to walk. Thoughts or comments on staying there as a home base for the show and weekend exploring Chicago? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: May 19, 2019 16:44

We are also staying at the Marriott Marquis and plan to walk.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 19, 2019 16:59

Again that room I have at the Best Western Grant Park is now completely available from June 23 thru June 26. It's got two double beds so max occupancy is 4 people. I need to cancel it on June 22. Will keep it for a while now and see if anyone is interested.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 19, 2019 17:33

Stonesdude
We are also staying at the Marriott Marquis and plan to walk.

Will also be there and walking

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home