Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 16, 2019 01:03

Just found out my Stones traveling buddy has to cancel on our Chicago trip.

Have an extra Lucky Dip (for both shows) and half of a great rate on a double room at the Congress Hotel (walking distance to venue) available if anyone traveling solo is interested.. (I'll post in All Sold Out as it gets a little closer)
email is not hidden.. cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2019 01:31

That's nice of you MisterDDD - someone will be very happy and "Lucky"! thumbs up

As for me, on the prowl for a reasonably priced pair for show #2...patiently...checking TM......daily...back to the routine... sometimes several times a day...it's gonna happen!

Still very happy Mick is well and the tour has been rescheduled!

Date: May 16, 2019 02:04

Thanks Hairball.. appreciate it.

I may very well end up trying for a Pit for the opener and ditch the LD, but will have to wait and see..
Don't imagine they'll be too many last minute deals for the opener, hopefully for the second show things loosen up. Then again on the last leg of the tour my first LD turned into Pit.. would love for that to become a tradition cool smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 16, 2019 09:33

MisterDDDD
Just found out my Stones traveling buddy has to cancel on our Chicago trip.

Have an extra Lucky Dip (for both shows) and half of a great rate on a double room at the Congress Hotel (walking distance to venue) available if anyone traveling solo is interested.. (I'll post in All Sold Out as it gets a little closer)
email is not hidden.. cool smiley

I am interested in your spare LD for Show 1. My email is not hidden.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-16 12:31 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 16, 2019 12:28

Chicago #1 (I think) Lucky Dips here

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

Get them.

Date: May 16, 2019 12:32

Topi
Chicago #1 (I think) Lucky Dips here

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

Get them.

Good spot Topi but it comes up as 'Sorry, there aren't any matching tickets.'

Might see you there thumbs up.

Date: May 16, 2019 12:35

Oh you will. I already had a set of tickets but I thought, what the hell. Worth a shot. IF I can flip the LDs on the day of I will let you guys know. I am in back floor seats with a couple of friends (3 seats together) so the LDs are really just for, I dunno, shits and giggles at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-16 12:36 by Topi.

Date: May 16, 2019 12:39

Topi
Oh you will. I already had a set of tickets but I thought, what the hell. Worth a shot. IF I can flip the LDs on the day of I will let you guys know. I am in back floor seats with a couple of friends (3 seats together) so the LDs are really just for, I dunno, shits and giggles at this point.

There were plenty of, ummm 's & g' in Prague. I was 3 or 4 places behind you in the queue at the LD Office and saw your 'negotiations' with the staff grinning smiley.

I got GA and didn't protest. Got a rubbish spot and my worst ever Stones experience but made up for in Warsaw 4 days later.

Date: May 16, 2019 12:40

The key to LDs (if available/returned) is to use the "?did=rslkdp" next to each show address.

Something tells me I just bought back the pair I had returned and gotten refunded for, but the address doesn't add up.

The "first" Chicago show, at least on the RS.com list is event "04005562994734BA" while the "second" Chicago show on the list is "0400557AA8D01994"

Date: May 16, 2019 12:41

Gregor, my "problem" is I need three tickets of the same kind for Chicago #1. A pair is not enough. But for the 2nd Chicago show I currently don't have a ticket. Maybe a trade can be worked out. It's good to have currency!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-16 12:41 by Topi.

Date: May 16, 2019 12:51

Topi
Gregor, my "problem" is I need three tickets of the same kind for Chicago #1. A pair is not enough. But for the 2nd Chicago show I currently don't have a ticket. Maybe a trade can be worked out. It's good to have currency!

Odd numbers are a real pain. I do wish they'd sell LDs in singles.

I'm only planning on the 1st show (if that!). The original plan was Foxboro + 2 x NJ then Washington for a few days as a tourist. I'm almost certain to ditch Washington for Chicago to see the Stones so that I can at least see them once.

I fly home from JFK on Sunday 23rd late at night. It's way too expensive to change it and I'm taking 11 days' leave for this trip already. I arrive in Boston on 7th June.

Date: May 16, 2019 13:05

Yeah, that's the thing. Everything is just costing more and more. I just threw another 91 USD out the window for a show I already had tickets to. The things we do for this band, lol.

Date: May 16, 2019 13:42

Topi
Yeah, that's the thing. Everything is just costing more and more. I just threw another 91 USD out the window for a show I already had tickets to. The things we do for this band, lol.

If I do this (and I doubt I'll be able to resist it), I lose 4 nights booked in a Hostel in Washington, foolishly booked non refundable for a nice price. $125 or so. But it's the Stones and their first show since Mick's op. What can a poor boy do.....? angry smiley

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 16, 2019 14:50

Might try and go to these dates.

Shoulda bought those LD this morning...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 16, 2019 15:43

Topi
Yeah, that's the thing. Everything is just costing more and more.

You got that right - summer airfare sticker shock, etc.

Date: May 16, 2019 16:12

Chicago is my choice.

Cost me 144€ to change the flights back to the original itinerary. But what the hell.

Was painful to hit "refund" on a face value pit ticket for MetLife but what are you gonna do...

So:

Flying in to Chicago June 19th. Staying at the Palmer House until June 23, then at the Best Western Grant Park from June 23 thru June 26.

All in all a 16-day trip, I fly to Newark on June 11. Looking forward!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-16 16:13 by Topi.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 16, 2019 16:32

See you all in Chicago smiling smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 16, 2019 20:20

I've never been to a tour opener before, hey we might actually get 20 songs.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 16, 2019 20:48

Going by the majority of the last few tour openers....yes, we could get one extra song and it usually is a deeper cut i.e. Mixed Emotions, Neighbors, etc.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2019 20:49

Just saw a pair of GA Field tix appear for show #2 at $125+ each.
Thought about it for a second, but want something better as my wife doesn't like GA way in the back (and neither do I for that matter ha)...refreshed page and they were gone.
Hopefully plenty more in many sections to appear as refunds are being made.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 16, 2019 22:46

Topi, glad you're staying.

I know the feeling, I threw back a Face Pit 2 for Glendale, best ticket I had, so I could go to both
Chicago shows.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: May 16, 2019 22:53

I really want to see the first show, but ticket prices are pretty high right now. What are the chances that prices will drop, and will some cheaper tickets be available the day of the show? Thinking that I might have to just show up and try my luck.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: May 17, 2019 04:12

I'm very happy after a nervous wait for the new dates and having pre-booked flights form Melbourne to Chicago months ago for my wife and I, the Stones god has smiled upon me after 50 years of loyal service.....

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: May 17, 2019 04:18

mnewman505
I've never been to a tour opener before, hey we might actually get 20 songs.

In Hamburg we got 22 grinning smiley

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 17, 2019 04:39

Mick will be a monster on this tour, in Chicago especially, since he'll have something to prove to himself and everyone. I can hear the rave reviews now...

And my bud is the one who wanted to do the first night, and take his daughter to her first Stones gig... I was gonna skip these since the thought of Chicago traffic is less than thrilling!

Fate does smile on us sometimes, doesn't it?

Date: May 17, 2019 04:48

winos
I'm very happy after a nervous wait for the new dates and having pre-booked flights form Melbourne to Chicago months ago for my wife and I, the Stones god has smiled upon me after 50 years of loyal service.....

thumbs up
Happy for you and your wife!!
Thanks for your service cool smiley

Posted by: winos ()
Date: May 17, 2019 04:51

thanks Mr D I booked tickets for the USA thinking they're possibly not going to make it downunder again.....

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: TheMariner ()
Date: May 17, 2019 15:01

Misterddddd, I am interested in your LD! For both shows. I am coming over from Holland by myself smiling smiley

Date: May 17, 2019 16:08

Tentatively:

If anybody wants to trade one ticket out of their Chicago June 25 Lucky Dip pair for one ticket out of a Lucky Dip pair for the June 21 opening show, let me know. My email is not hidden. I currently have a spare pair of LDs for the June 21 show and am in need of a single ticket for the June 25.

Let's talk.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 16:49

Chicago, ticket price from 145 to 4394 $ (platinium), that's right ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home