Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Date: March 12, 2019 22:09

Man....where are the good seats a lower prices. I have only locked in Denver.

Watching Houston and Chicago....nothing to jump on so far.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 01:08

Just got Pit 2 face value for Chicago 2 on Ticketmaster right now!

Posted by: RodNit ()
Date: March 13, 2019 01:53

How much is the face value for it, that you paid? Seatgeek was cheaper than Ticketmaster yesterday.

Date: March 13, 2019 01:55

$495 plus fees

Date: March 13, 2019 02:49

Weird, ticketmaster only shows me "Star Me Up" package tickets, over 1k dollars, for both pits

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 13, 2019 05:31

RodNit
Weird, ticketmaster only shows me "Star Me Up" package tickets, over 1k dollars, for both pits

keep checking

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 15:24

The "band" shows in the days between the 2 Chicago Stones concerts are starting to be announced...

Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe @ Thalia Hall
Saturday, June 22

[www.eventbrite.com]

Doors 7:30pm / Show 8:30pm

Singer and saxophonist Karl Denson fronts the Tiny Universe as if he’s preaching the gospel. His energy and spirit are contagious while his songwriting serves a larger message of fellowship—across generations, genders, religions and cultures. Not surprisingly, he’s none too pleased with the current state of political discourse. Thus the reason why KDTU’s new album, 'Gnomes & Badgers' (out 3/8 on Seven Spheres Records), is Denson’s hard-grooving answer to these tragically divisive times. Highly regarded as one of the best live acts on the planet, KDTU distills the sweeping stylistic range of its concert performances into their own authentic sound throughout the recording. With ‘Gnomes & Badgers,” the inimitable Denson and his long-standing six piece unit that includes guitarist DJ Williams, drummer Zak Najor, bassist Chris Stillwell, keyboardist David Veith, trumpeter Chris Littlefield and slide/lap steel guitarist Seth Freeman have delivered what is undoubtedly their strongest work yet.’ Along with KDTU, Denson serves as the touring saxophonist with The Rolling Stones, while continuing to hold down his role as a founding member of the seminal funk band, Greyboy Allstars.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: March 13, 2019 15:38

daspyknows
RodNit

keep checking

just checked, tix are $1500 for pit. not sure how someone purchased face value for PIT tickets on TM. go play the lottery, very lucky

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 13, 2019 18:50

I wanted a Pit for Chicago 2, but had to go with Pit 1 for a little above face a couple of weeks ago.
If anyone has one or two extra Lucky Dips for that show, lemme know?

Also, for any art lovers, the Chicago Art Institute is around the area. The permanent collection
is worth seeing, as well as the temporary exhibits depending on your tastes. You can buy tickets
ahead of time.

[www.artic.edu]

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 02:11 by angee.

Date: March 13, 2019 19:03

GA field on the back is all one big area, right? I ask because Vivid Seats map seems to divide into smallers fields and mentions "rows" numbers for each ticket, which is confusing....

Date: March 13, 2019 19:26

1985jayer
daspyknows
RodNit

keep checking

just checked, tix are $1500 for pit. not sure how someone purchased face value for PIT tickets on TM. go play the lottery, very lucky

I just checked multiple times a day everyday and they dropped. They are for other shows too, just have to keep checking.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:32

Amy340
1985jayer
daspyknows
RodNit

keep checking

I just checked multiple times a day everyday and they dropped. They are for other shows too, just have to keep checking.

Didn't the multiple checking eventually get you locked out of TM? Despite several rounds of cookie-clearing etc., months later I'm STILL having problems with TM telling me I need to make my purchase (for non-Stones shows) "on another device." angry smiley

Date: March 13, 2019 23:53

Aquamarine
Amy340
1985jayer
daspyknows
RodNit

keep checking

Didn't the multiple checking eventually get you locked out of TM? Despite several rounds of cookie-clearing etc., months later I'm STILL having problems with TM telling me I need to make my purchase (for non-Stones shows) "on another device." angry smiley

Nope, never had a problem. I would close it out on my phone so I didn’t have so many screens open.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2019 00:14

Amy340
Aquamarine
Amy340
1985jayer
daspyknows
RodNit

keep checking

Nope, never had a problem. I would close it out on my phone so I didn’t have so many screens open.

Congrats again Amy on your purchase of pit at face value for Chicago 2. thumbs up
You give hope to many who are waiting patiently for more price decreases and VIP's turning into standard tickets.
It's bound to happen as it most always does, and patience will win at the end of the day.

smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 14, 2019 16:16

Aquamarine, I got locked out too, after I left the TM page on all night in readiness for the next day sale.
I still don't know how to get that taken off. Luckily I can use another computer.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 14, 2019 16:43

The Windy city looks like a great place to take in some Stones shows , catch some games at Wrigley , enjoy some fine food and hospitality and have a great time !

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 14, 2019 18:07

Wrigley Field is a LOT of fun.
Wrigleyville has plenty to do before and after the game too. If you don't mind crowds you can go to the obvious spots: The Cubby Bear, Sluggers, Vines. But if you want something away from the big crowds two of my favorite spots are John Barleycorn's and Houndstooth.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 14, 2019 19:45

TumblinDice76
Wrigley Field is a LOT of fun.
Wrigleyville has plenty to do before and after the game too. If you don't mind crowds you can go to the obvious spots: The Cubby Bear, Sluggers, Vines. But if you want something away from the big crowds two of my favorite spots are John Barleycorn's and Houndstooth.
Have you been to Wrigleyville in the last five years? The Ricketts have knocked down and rebuilt so much stuff the area around the ballpark is unrecognizable. I'm not saying it's worse, but that blue collar neighborhood feel is long gone.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 14, 2019 21:19

No, it's been about 5 years. Unfortunately, that seems to be a problem in all big cities. I'm not a fan of most of the things the Rickett's family has done at Wrigley. I don't go to the ball park for a gourmet meal, I just want a simple Hot Dog with an Old Style beer. But we know they ran Old Style out a while ago.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 14, 2019 22:54

angee
Aquamarine, I got locked out too, after I left the TM page on all night in readiness for the next day sale.
I still don't know how to get that taken off. Luckily I can use another computer.

I cleared my cookies and browsing history etc. and it worked for a while, and then out of the blue I started having problems again.I've been having to use my phone instead. confused smiley

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: March 14, 2019 23:48

TumblinDice76
No, it's been about 5 years. Unfortunately, that seems to be a problem in all big cities. I'm not a fan of most of the things the Rickett's family has done at Wrigley. I don't go to the ball park for a gourmet meal, I just want a simple Hot Dog with an Old Style beer. But we know they ran Old Style out a while ago.

i live 6 blocks from wrigley field, yes it has changed but thats life in my opinion and some of the changes are for the better. as for any bars, just go to Murphys Bleachers, one of the classic bars and you will be treated like a local and have lots of fun

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 15, 2019 08:05

I'm gonna weigh in on this.
I'm goning to sound like an old curmudgin (sp) and so be it.

Back in the 90s, I went in to the John Barleycorns in Lincoln Park with 2 softball teams. That's 20+ people. We wanted to drink and eat and watch the Michigan/ND football game. We were told "We are not a sports bar...we have art slides and opera music."

NOW... John Barleycorn has a sportsbar next to Wrigley Field.

In my opinion...there are dozens of bars in and around Wrigley Field.
Go to any other one.

OK..off my soapbox

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2019 05:07

For those in Chicago on June 18th, Rosanne Cash and Ry Cooder will be playing one of only a handful of dates together honoring and playing songs of her late father.

"Cash and Cooder on Cash: The Music of Johnny Cash, will take place throughout 2019 at esteemed venues including Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Carnegie Hall in New York, and the Chicago Theatre."

“I told him that he was the only person on the planet I would do a show of Johnny Cash songs with,” Cash, who has always expressed some degree of ambivalence about the weight of her father’s legacy, said before the initial residency last year. “When I said that, I felt quite overcome with feeling. I knew I had waiting for the right person, the right reason and the right place.”
[www.rollingstone.com]

It'll be a travel day for me in between NY and Chicago, but for those that are interested and able this one should be special.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 05:09 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 20, 2019 19:43

I saw 2 of these in SF. All I can say is GO. These were amazing sets of music.

Roseanne Cash and Ry Cooder 2018-05-04.aud.mk4.sanfrancisco.flac16
[spaces.hightail.com]

MisterDDDD
For those in Chicago on June 18th, Rosanne Cash and Ry Cooder will be playing one of only a handful of dates together honoring and playing songs of her late father.

"Cash and Cooder on Cash: The Music of Johnny Cash, will take place throughout 2019 at esteemed venues including Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Carnegie Hall in New York, and the Chicago Theatre."

“I told him that he was the only person on the planet I would do a show of Johnny Cash songs with,” Cash, who has always expressed some degree of ambivalence about the weight of her father’s legacy, said before the initial residency last year. “When I said that, I felt quite overcome with feeling. I knew I had waiting for the right person, the right reason and the right place.”
[www.rollingstone.com]

It'll be a travel day for me in between NY and Chicago, but for those that are interested and able this one should be special.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2019 23:52

daspyknows
I saw 2 of these in SF. All I can say is GO. These were amazing sets of music.

Roseanne Cash and Ry Cooder 2018-05-04.aud.mk4.sanfrancisco.flac16
[spaces.hightail.com]
Nice! And thanks.

I made it down when she did a four night run w Lucinda Williams and Emmylou as well as one night with her. Would have loved to have made those shows.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 25, 2019 02:47

Anyone seen Pit price drops for Chicago 2 again recently? Got my hotel and want my friend to see them up close for the first time (without dropping a grand each).. I check every day for past month and keep missing 'em by hours it seems

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: March 28, 2019 22:20

Did anyone else book a flight through the Icelandic carrier 'WOW'? I heard on the news just now that they are filing for bankruptcy.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 28, 2019 22:28

I hope you paid with a credit card.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2019 00:28

snoopy2
Anyone seen Pit price drops for Chicago 2 again recently? Got my hotel and want my friend to see them up close for the first time (without dropping a grand each).. I check every day for past month and keep missing 'em by hours it seems

As of this minute for Chicago II, PIT B verified resales back down to $665+fees.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 03:22

Hairball
snoopy2

As of this minute for Chicago II, PIT B verified resales back down to $665+fees.

Saw that, thanks smiling smiley Considered until I saw the total with fees. Will wait it out some more.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1930
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home