Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 28
Re: Chicago IL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:36

Kurt
Section 110 Row 1
Second Night...
see ya in Chicago!
how much? StubHub had sec 112 row 7 for $475

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:08

mitchrambler
Kurt
Section 110 Row 1
Second Night...
see ya in Chicago!

$395.95 each

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:18

Is StubHub an official seller?

Benjamin.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:26

Stubhub is a reseller site, the official channels are TM and AXS.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:27

Crazy to purchase anything from a reseller like Stubhub when the general onsale is tomorrow!!!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:14

[www.chicagolakeshorehotel.com]

It always change....

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:15

timbernardis
Christiaan
I have booked a room in here.
Chicago Lake Shore Hotel
4900 South Lakeshore Drive, Hyde Park, Chicago, Il 60615, Verenigde Staten

But reading this topic, the neighborhood is maybe not very save to stay? Or to travel to after the concert?
Can anyone answer this for me? Thanks on advance, Chris

how much per night?

plexi

[www.chicagolakeshorehotel.com]

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:58

i live in chicago and wouldn't recommend staying so far south for the concerts. it will be difficult to get transportation after the show.

have you looked at the palmer house hotel downtown? it's an historic hotel, not too expensive, and you could probably walk to soldier field. it's near the lake and many sightseeing opportunities in chicago.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:59

Chris - thinking of flying in for the 2nd show from Boston. Flights are cheap enough - it's hotels that are $$ in Chicago. Not a cheap one, but are you at all familiar with the Marriott Marquis on S. Prairie Ave.? Looks to be fairly near Soldier Field. Walking distance? (I'm a Marriott points guy, so...)

Date: November 30, 2018 00:05

Now contemplating on whether to stay in Chicago for the second show or not. I'll sleep on it.

But how can I not go? It being the last show on tour and all.

What would Keith Richards do? winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:09

Topi
Now contemplating on whether to stay in Chicago for the second show or not. I'll sleep on it.

Hitting both Chicago shows... you know that's what Keef would do cool smiley
Always great to be at the last show of a tour and have never seen them there, so win win spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 30, 2018 00:22

I guess this is not a debate.

Date: November 30, 2018 01:48

If I were to purchase sec 105 or 142 will it be a full view of screens and charlie? And will the sound be decent?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-30 02:04 by mitchrambler.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 30, 2018 02:27

MisterDDDD
Topi

Hitting both Chicago shows... you know that's what Keef would do cool smiley
Always great to be at the last show of a tour and have never seen them there, so win win spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

GO TOPI GO !

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 30, 2018 03:54

mitchrambler-Google soldier field seat views. It will show you a shot of your seat at a concert and you'll know what you're in for

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-30 03:54 by J.J.Flash.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 30, 2018 09:08

Topi
I guess this is not a debate.

Can't believe you had to ask yourself the question Topi! winking smiley

Date: November 30, 2018 16:20

Kurt
mitchrambler
Kurt
Section 110 Row 1
Second Night...
see ya in Chicago!

$395.95 each
I'm trying to score in same vicinity,never had side view wonder how sound will be?

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: November 30, 2018 16:43

Having been to many shows at Soldier Field, the sound is great everywhere in the venue, especially with the delay towers placed on the floor. Once i had an issue at the very back of the floor, i think it was one of the Dead 50 shows, the sound was bouncing off the south end glass and going right to where i was standing, had a bit of an echo, i moved a bit and it was gone. It could have been what chemicals i was on at the time also, lol, i crack myself up sometimes. See ya in the PIT folks, pulled PIT-1 for night one and PIT-2 for night two.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 18:51

Lucky dips are now appearing for both Chicago shows

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 30, 2018 19:10

Welcome to the era of "dynamic pricing" for concert tickets wherein the more tickets that are sold the higher the price of those remaining goes up. $500+ to sit alone in the rafters for the Stones? I don't think so.

Date: November 30, 2018 19:21

Glad I got the Lucky Dips for the 2nd date.

So yeah - I am in - never really a debate!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 30, 2018 19:26

No dice for me on LD. tried chicago #2. twice got "another fan got em" type thing. might there be another drop? has that happened on previous tours?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2018 22:15

floodonthepage
No dice for me on LD. tried chicago #2. twice got "another fan got em" type thing. might there be another drop? has that happened on previous tours?

They have been known to appear for a second round for stadium shows in the past.

With Chicago getting two shows, that's a lotta seats to fill, I would lean towards it being likely (especially for second show on a tues)
Was lucky cool smiley to get a pair for both shows (!!)

Posted by: roamermark ()
Date: November 30, 2018 22:19

Got Lucky Dips for 2nd night, but here’s what’s wrong with the world today...only a few hours after the general sale, the map lights up like a pink Christmas tree with ‘verified resale tickets’. Everyone bought up the nosebleed $65 tix in order to try and get rich? Like they’d ever beat those bots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-30 22:20 by roamermark.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 30, 2018 22:32

Welcome to the era of "dynamic pricing" for concert tickets wherein the more tickets that are sold the higher the price of those remaining goes up. $500+ to sit alone in the rafters for the Stones? I don't think so.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 30, 2018 23:02

MisterDDDD
floodonthepage

They have been known to appear for a second round for stadium shows in the past.

With Chicago getting two shows, that's a lotta seats to fill, I would lean towards it being likely (especially for second show on a tues)

Lucky indeed! well, now the trick is for me to be on rs.com at the right time! smiling smiley

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 23:26

Well, got shutout for tickets so none for Chicago yet but plan on being there. Will be my first time back since the '97 shows smiling smiley

For you CHI peeps, I'm booked at the Warwick Allerton - decent hotel and location? Is it walkable (and safe to walk) to and from Soldier Field? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-30 23:29 by JN99.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 30, 2018 23:27

floodonthepage
MisterDDDD
floodonthepage

Lucky indeed! well, now the trick is for me to be on rs.com at the right time! smiling smiley

don't worry (too much) – tickets will be held back, not all tickets will sell and LDs might pop up again shortly before the show (at least that's the way it happened in the UK last year. Due to high tickets prices a lot of great tickets went into the Lucky Dip bowl in Germany in 2017 as well as in 2018)

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 23:30

JN99
For you CHI peeps, I'm booked at the Warwick Allerton - decent hotel and location? Is it walkable (and safe to walk) to and from Soldier Field. Thanks.

Ooh, fancy. That's in a very nice spot on the Mag Mile--lots of high end shopping nearby. Kind of a long walk, but if you're in shape you can do it. Definitely a safe part of town.

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 23:39

Voodookitten76
JN99
For you CHI peeps, I'm booked at the Warwick Allerton - decent hotel and location? Is it walkable (and safe to walk) to and from Soldier Field. Thanks.

Ooh, fancy. That's in a very nice spot on the Mag Mile--lots of high end shopping nearby. Kind of a long walk, but if you're in shape you can do it. Definitely a safe part of town.

Thanks - it seemed like a decent hotel and a good location but I was surprised at the rates, around $150/nt, which seemed like almost too good of a deal for a decent downtown hotel.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home