Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: East Rutherford NJ USA (near NYC) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: imsohotforher ()
Date: July 30, 2019 22:29

I'm weighing our options for getting to MetLife from NYC (Penn Station):

-NJT (transfer at Secaucus) - after show will be a nightmare
-Port Authority Bus - traffic on roads might be crazy
-Private Bus (Coach USA) - see Post Authority above
-Uber - expensive from NY-NJ and getting one after the show will be insane

Sounds like the bus option is the best....but leaving before rush is key.

[www.metlifestadium.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 22:33 by imsohotforher.

Posted by: Steve312 ()
Date: July 30, 2019 22:32

If the trains into NY Penn Station are too crowded, take any southbound train from Secaucus to the next Stop, Newark Penn Station. From there you can take the PATH train into NYC, which is right across the platform, normally, either 33rd St or the World Trade Center for $2.75. PATH runs all night. The 33 rd St train will leave you one block up from NY Penn Station.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 30, 2019 22:45

Pit tickets at face ($564 with fees) for Thursday have been popping up. Will call only.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 30, 2019 22:54

bleedingman
Pit tickets at face ($564 with fees) for Thursday have been popping up. Will call only.

Hoping to "will call" those at the LD window cool smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 30, 2019 23:09

Fastest exit after the show...
... Be back at the hotel in fifteen minutes:

Leave immediately while fans are still at their seats, on their feet & cheering...
Head quickly to the limos waiting for you and the other members of the band at the loading dock.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 30, 2019 23:37

schillid
Fastest exit after the show...
... Be back at the hotel in fifteen minutes:

Leave immediately while fans are still at their seats, on their feet & cheering...
Head quickly to the limos waiting for you and the other members of the band at the loading dock.

That might work in theory, but in order to succeed that way, you need to research exits, where cars and taxis are, what sections they block and so on.

I have been quite fast out some times this year, once the final bow is over, but at most of the venues on this tour, there are large queues on the sides, probably due to the fact that the band needs to have a clear exit for a few minutes, then everyone is stuck for quite long, especially if you come from the floor to the sides. Leaving at the end of the floor is always the fastest way, on the sides it takes ten minutes more.

Another thing is the fact that you want to meet up with friends from different sections inside the venue, also to have it sinking in, rushing is not always giving the best concert total experience.

That is why I always stay within 15-20 minutes walk from the venue, if I can, then it is less pressure on getting out and away fast.

Bjornulf

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:40

bleedingman

Arghhh, I've had the page open all day, but I missed out.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Date: July 31, 2019 02:06

cyclist
bleedingman

They come and go at random. The Pit section on the map will show nothing, and then an hour later it will have face tickets. Of course there is the "Another fan beat you..." and "Try again from another device", etc. I'd wager they'll start showing up in greater quantity soon. Good luck!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 02:47

Here ya go. Train info / warning.

If you are taking the train / bus, don't wait until the end of the show.

[nj1015.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-31 02:50 by custom55.

Date: July 31, 2019 03:28

There are nine pages here in this thread and I have not really had the time to browse through all these pages. I am still in Houston, heading for NYC/NJ tomorrow Wednesday. I just want to add my experience from the past few tours, i.e. the past 30 years or so. I always stayed in NYC, normally some place near MSG or the Port Authority coach station on 41st street.

If you stay in Manhattan, just take the bus, or may be it is called the coach. Forget about trains and all other mass transportatons. The coaches leave from Port Authority bus terminal, as well as other places on Manhattan. Just check.

A bus takes 40 or so people. There will be many many buses (coaches). They leave after the show as people arrive. You will be in Manhattan before you know it. Just get the return ticket handy, and you will be "home" soon. And you will have the chance to talk to other fans while you are on the way to your location some time on Manhattan.

[www.panynj.gov]

From memory I do believe that the buses do also return to near MSG i.e. 32nd ave, and also near Time Square, but check, then you will see. Once you are on Manhattan, there are unlimited ways of getting to your "home" location.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 31, 2019 03:35

"Coach" is the name of the company.

Bus.

Date: July 31, 2019 03:42

In Toronto it was a company called "bus.com" that took us to the show in the middle of nowhere. Everybody is talking about "coach travel" here in the US. For me it is just a bus.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MichaelIORR ()
Date: July 31, 2019 04:51

What time might they have the sound check?

Date: July 31, 2019 05:21

MichaelIORR

Before the doors open. Normally some time after 5pm, before 6pm.

Bjornulf

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 31, 2019 06:36

Have s good time everyone going to nj shows
Mine is next

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: July 31, 2019 11:46

Thanks for all the advice on transport, hopefully the bus service will run nice and smoothly! Looking forward to being in NY for the 2nd show smiling smiley

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 31, 2019 12:13

bv
MichaelIORR

Before the doors open. Normally some time after 5pm, before 6pm.

Its worth to listen to the soundcheck. They always try out some things they gonna play way later on the tour or even the next leg of the tour. Its like a look in the far setlist-futuresmiling smiley
For example in Berlin last year on June 22 I heard them playing "Rocks Off".
(around 4pm). It may come on this US-leg of the Filter-Tour. Let's wait and see.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 31, 2019 15:39

im gonna suck it up and drive; I wish they decided to play in the city for this stop...Yankee Stadium or Citi field are so much less frustratingly accessible by public transportation or car.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 31, 2019 15:42

Just boarded Flight 505 at Heathrow leaving
for NYC...and I think Darryl Hall or John Oats
is, too (the formerly blond one). And a lot of
maneaters cool smiley

See you.

moody smileyRe: East Rutherford NJ USA (near NYC) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 31, 2019 16:17

Yeah!
This is what I like so much about going to a Stones gig. The flight to the town. In the plane already seeing some folks with a tongue shirt ir cap. The arrival at the airport of the gig town. The drive to the hotel. Droopping baggsge. Short shower and dressing for the gig. Driving to the venue. Getting early there. Hours before showtime. Seeing all those early bird fans. Checking out the merchandising. Talking to fans from all over the world. Meeting even fans know from former tours. Hearing suddenly a big noise out of the stafium. Hearing drums. A guitar. The voice of Mick. Soundcheck! Listening to every piece of it like a child getting an extra gift. Then gates open! Rushing through the venue, climbing up the stairs. Sseing the stage. The empty stadium. Going through GA to PIT A. Showing your ticket. Getting the wristband. Looking for a good place to stay. Watching around. Taling a deep breath. Feeling happy and home. Observing the roadies on stage. Seeing Pierre de Beaufort checking things out. Getting a beer. Still 2 hours to showtime and feeling at the most right place on the planet I could possibly be.smiling smiley

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 31, 2019 17:56

bv
In Toronto it was a company called "bus.com" that took us to the show in the middle of nowhere. Everybody is talking about "coach travel" here in the US. For me it is just a bus.

BV - its the name of the bus company from the Port Authourity - "Coach USA".
It seems that you and others are confusing the word Coach, here. LOL!

Here is the link for the bus company and online tickets -

[www.coachusa.com]

Date: July 31, 2019 18:36

From the Coach USA page. Seems like they're cutting it close after the show.

Rolling Stones - August 1 & August 5

On August 1st and 5th, the Coach USA 351 Express bus to the event will begin loading at 5:00 PM from 41st Street between 8th & 9th Avenue and run continuously until 8:00 PM.

The last bus will depart from Met Life Stadium 30 minutes after the event ends. Limited seating available.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 31, 2019 18:49

The Differences Between a Bus and a Coach

Coaches and buses are both used for carrying passengers from place to place. The differences between a bus and a coach may be hard to recognize, especially when coaches are often confusedly referred to as buses and the terms are used interchangeably. However, buses and coaches differ in service, comfort and pricing.

Services

Buses usually operate as part of a scheduled service, dropping off and picking up at various, frequent intervals, such as a school bus or public transportation bus. Coaches refer to a more luxurious form of bus. Coaches may make stops, but they tend to be more infrequent. Coaches are more likely to be chartered for long distances, such as between cities or even between countries.

Comforts

Coaches provide comforts that buses do not have. Due to the length of journey coaches make, they often provide toilets, DVD players, air conditioning and in some cases wireless Internet access. Coaches typically have cavernous luggage compartments beneath the passenger area. Coaches are often equipped with larger, comfortable plush seats, while buses have more standard two- and three-seat bench-style seats. Buses rarely have extra storage room or amenities. Due to the comfort and ease of travel offered by coaches, they are more expensive than buses. Buses may charge a ride fee each time you get on or leave the bus, while coach tickets may be a one-time cost for an extended journey, bought in advance and presented before you board.

Manufacturers

Types of coaches include the Greyhound Motor Coach, which provides passenger travel across the United States, Canada and Mexico; and the double-decker Neoplans coaches of England, which travel between Oxford and London. Bus companies include Blue Bird, which manufactures school and activity buses, and SEPTA buses, the transit bus of Southeastern Pennsylvania.

[itstillruns.com]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 31, 2019 19:38

I'll be flying, solo, into Newark on Monday,arriving about 12:20. Looking for some fans to hang with and perhaps share a cab or Uber to MetLife Stadium.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: July 31, 2019 20:31

Does anyone know what time the Stones will come on stage? I'm assume 8:50-ish but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: July 31, 2019 20:37

bleedingman
cyclist
bleedingman

They come and go at random. The Pit section on the map will show nothing, and then an hour later it will have face tickets. Of course there is the "Another fan beat you..." and "Try again from another device", etc. I'd wager they'll start showing up in greater quantity soon. Good luck!

they will morning of show. have every show except Canada so far that I've looked.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 31, 2019 21:30

micwer

Does anyone know what time the Stones will come on stage? I'm assume 8:50-ish but just wanted to confirm.

From the first 9 Shows of the US-Tour 2019 the earliest start was 8:46pm, the latest 9:27pm - [iorr.org] . So it's difficult to confirm in advance ....

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: July 31, 2019 22:24

Looking forward to the show tomorrow. This will be my second show of the tour - the first time I’ve seen multiple shows on a tour, so cross that off my Stones bucket list.

I’m assuming this will be the last time they play in the US, but I also thought that in 2013, 2015 and 2016, so here’s hoping I continue being wrong!

-Cam

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: August 1, 2019 01:34

I Spoke with CoachUSA and Enterprise and told them they should have earlier buses. 5:15pm first departure when fully boarded. 30 minutes after showtime, no good. Train/Train or Train/Bus is a nightmare.

My method is to arrive early in rent a car, between 3:30 - 4:30pm for best parking options. If you are on the field you want the SAP Gate.

After the show you must accept a longer wait time. Car is available for Rain Protection, Air Conditioning, Beverages and/or snack in Cooler, A change of Clothes, Smoke some Natural Herb, Lithograph Storage +++.

Then you drive out easy.

I have one seat available to the show in an Audi. Leaving from Midtown. $22 your share one way if anyone is interested.

Re: Stones Party Aug 4!! NYC!!
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 1, 2019 01:51

jagty
Beggars Banquet Party August 4th NYC

We are having a Stones Party on August 4th in NYC.
The Bowery Electric. 327 Bowery

Playing full Beggars Banquet plus other Stones favorites
All Star NYC Band plus Seb's Music Shop (from Montreal opening)

Tickets on ticketfly.com

If you are having trouble buying internationally please email me at gailh1030@gmail.com

Thanks so much!!

See you all on the road!!

Gail

Gail, i'll be at the party. I'm so excited to see Jigsaw Puzzle live, even if it has to be someone other than the RSs playing it. Hope to meet some other IORRers there too.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home