Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: East Rutherford NJ USA (near NYC) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 30, 2019 13:25

Pit 1 for NJ2 available at cost $499.50 except when you're ready to buy you get that annoying "error 0002" message! GRRRRh.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: May 31, 2019 00:02

glmmr_twn
Pit 1 for NJ2 available at cost $499.50 except when you're ready to buy you get that annoying "error 0002" message! GRRRRh.

It's been like that for the last 24+ hours. I can't even get the $1,600 Pit tix in my cart either.

I guess Ticketmaster just doesn't want our money.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 31, 2019 02:36

glmmr_twn

So frustrating! I’ve been getting that since yesterday every time I tried, whether it be through my phone or my desktop computer.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 31, 2019 03:12

Amy340
glmmr_twn

So frustrating! I’ve been getting that since yesterday every time I tried, whether it be through my phone or my desktop computer.

same error

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 31, 2019 03:22

daspyknows
Amy340
glmmr_twn

same error
Maybe call TM? I would but I'm still procrastinating.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 31, 2019 05:25

As much as I hate going to the meadowlands of course I’m making the trip for the stones... anyone had success with public transportation in/ out of the city?? The drive out there and back is so bad!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 4, 2019 04:38

I'm booked in the Extended Stay Meadowlands, East Rutherford. As the crow flies , its close, but google a walk and it says two hours ? Does anyone know, is there a hotel that you can walk to and from the stadium with ease?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 4, 2019 19:00

HalfNanker
As much as I hate going to the meadowlands of course I’m making the trip for the stones... anyone had success with public transportation in/ out of the city?? The drive out there and back is so bad!

The quickest and easiest is the buses from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan. Much quicker then taking the train and having to transfer at Seacaucus.

Date: June 4, 2019 19:02

kahoosier
I'm booked in the Extended Stay Meadowlands, East Rutherford. As the crow flies , its close, but google a walk and it says two hours ? Does anyone know, is there a hotel that you can walk to and from the stadium with ease?

No way to walk from any nearby hotels. Its all major highways and roadways around Met Life stadium. You would be risking your life if you tried to walk on any of those.

Take an Uber or check with the hotel, they may run shuttle vans on the day.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 5, 2019 00:20

No shuttle from my placesad smiley

Date: June 5, 2019 02:14

spikenyc
HalfNanker

The quickest and easiest is the buses from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan. Much quicker then taking the train and having to transfer at Seacaucus.

Both shows are on weeknights and so there will be quite a bit of traffic going into NJ. Be sure to factor that in. Trains will be crowded also.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 5, 2019 15:30

bleedingman
spikenyc
HalfNanker

Both shows are on weeknights and so there will be quite a bit of traffic going into NJ. Be sure to factor that in. Trains will be crowded also.

juts getting out of the parking lot it torture...i usually park like Chevy Chase at Wally World!

Date: June 7, 2019 07:49

It's been my experience that the PIT tix for both NJ shows have been unavailable for the last week. I get this error on whatever device I use when selecting a pit ticket at whatever price level:

"Sorry, we could not process your request, please try again later. Error Code: 0002"

Can this really be true?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 07:49 by cyclist.

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: June 7, 2019 13:53

Has anybody ever used the Peter Pan bus service from Boston to New York City or from Boston to Philadelphia? If so what are your thoughts? Is it better than Greyhound? I am planning on using this bus service this summer to get to my concerts.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: June 7, 2019 14:01

Never had any problems with that line.
You're going to have to take another bus from Port Authority in NYC to get to NJ1 & NJ2. Or, you could take NJ Transit from Penn Station.
Philly, bus station is not far from stadium. You could take uber or subway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 14:03 by glmmr_twn.

Date: June 7, 2019 16:50

cyclist
It's been my experience that the PIT tix for both NJ shows have been unavailable for the last week. I get this error on whatever device I use when selecting a pit ticket at whatever price level:

"Sorry, we could not process your request, please try again later. Error Code: 0002"

Can this really be true?
Same here for almost a month. But every other section is readily available. If you truly want to purchase them, maybe just call Ticketmaster.

Date: June 7, 2019 17:09

LuvtheJag43
Has anybody ever used the Peter Pan bus service from Boston to New York City or from Boston to Philadelphia? If so what are your thoughts? Is it better than Greyhound? I am planning on using this bus service this summer to get to my concerts.

Try Bolt Bus. Usually a cheaper option.

[www.boltbus.com]

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: June 7, 2019 17:26

could it be, that the error 0002 only by people outside from USA/Canada?

Stones Forever

Date: June 7, 2019 18:50

I'm in the US. Surprising it's been like that for so long.

I tried calling, but the NJ shows weren't available over the phone. Maybe got the wrong number.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 7, 2019 19:12

LuvtheJag43

I've taken most of the bus lines back and forth from Boston to NYC. They're all pretty much the same, i just hop on the one that's leaving soonest after I hit South Station. The chinese bus "Fung something or other", lets you out in Chinatown and that's much further away from where I typically stay, so that is usually my last resort unless it's a big price difference.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 7, 2019 21:10

LuvtheJag43
Has anybody ever used the Peter Pan bus service

CindyC
I've taken most of the bus lines ... The chinese bus "Fung something or other"

Fung you.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 8, 2019 01:18

schillid
LuvtheJag43
Has anybody ever used the Peter Pan bus service

CindyC
I've taken most of the bus lines ... The chinese bus "Fung something or other"

Fung you.

oh no you di'int!!!

Date: June 8, 2019 01:32

No, no ... a little place on Mott St. near Canal Street... Fung Yoo Too.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 8, 2019 07:05

LuvtheJag43
I am taking the train for another tour.

Date: June 8, 2019 20:19

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-08 20:30 by schillid.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 10, 2019 21:38

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 07:51 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 15:21

LuvtheJag43

I've done it several times....they are essentially the same.

Seats/tix are First Come, First Serve and people usually line up fairly early, from my experience. I'd get there an hour before you leave.

However, they run all day...you miss one, there will be another

The Amtrak Train is another option...however, b/c Amtrak is wildly inefficient, it takes the same amount of time.

Amtrak and Peter Pan do NOT leave from the same place.

Bus = Port Authority

Train = Grand Central

Date: June 11, 2019 18:19

By CAR
Except for fans coming from NYC... for nearly everybody else,
.. Driving to the stadium is practically the only option.

>>> Expect to pay a ridiculou$ parking fee.
Expect longlong exit delay after the show.

By TRAIN
From NYC to MetLife Stadium...

PENN STATION NEW YORK
7th Ave and 34th Street,
8th Ave and 33th Street
NJ TRANSIT to Secaucus, NJ (*FIRST stop in NJ, just outside NYC!)...
Then TRANSFER @ Secaucus to NJ Transit train to MetLife Stadium
Stadium train operates on event days only. Check schedule.

or...

PATH Train from 33rd street & 6th Ave to Hoboken, NJ.
Then TRANSFER @ Hoboken to NJ Transit train to MetLife Stadium
Stadium train operates on event days only. Check schedule.

By BUS
From NYC to MetLife Stadium...

All buses from NYC leave from Port Authority Bus Terminal at 8th avenue and 41st Street.
NJ Transit (and possibly other bus companies) operate routes to the stadium. Check schedules.

NYC to MetLife Stadium by CAR...
Suggest DON'T BOTHER DRIVING FROM NYC...
hahaha

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 19:35 by schillid.

Date: June 11, 2019 19:25

Expect NJ Transit to screw up -- somehow.

Maybe they'll forget to operate the stadium train because it's not a football game.

Maybe they won't have enough buses.. or a bus will break down... or maybe the train cars will be overcrowded.

Either way, NJ Transit is notorious.

Maybe your train will be cancelled completely because a leaf blew onto the tracks...

Date: June 11, 2019 19:44

schillid
Expect NJ Transit to screw up -- somehow.

Maybe they'll forget to operate the stadium train because it's not a football game.

Maybe they won't have enough buses.. or a bus will break down... or maybe the train cars will be overcrowded.

Either way, NJ Transit is notorious.

Maybe your train will be cancelled completely because a leaf blew onto the tracks...
This unfortunately is very possible. It's almost as if NJ Transit does it on purpose. And yet their fares continue to go up while their service continues to deteriorate.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home