Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Foxboro MA USA (near Boston) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2019 19:06

Chris Fountain
Hairball
"You can change your name, but you can't change your colors..."

Not sure where I heard that line before...maybe an obscure Dylan tune?

Anyhow....

HAVE A GREAT TIME IN FOXBORO EVERYONE and hope that LIVE WITH ME WINS THE VOTE!!!thumbs up

Live with me will win ---are you going to that concert?

Wish I was, but won't be seeing them again until Santa Clara next month...or if a small miracle happens I can swing Seattle before that.
Keeping it on the west coast (and Glendale) the rest of the tour, but will be following along right here on IORR for all the other shows.thumbs up
How about you...any shows this tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 19:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 6, 2019 19:18

Hairball
Chris Fountain
Hairball

Anyhow....

HAVE A GREAT TIME IN FOXBORO EVERYONE and hope that LIVE WITH ME WINS THE VOTE!!!thumbs up

Just Miami - buried in work- Jacksonville is possible I have a friend/wife there. He said I could stay there W/wife. As long as I don't trip over furniture and break any lamps... He was kidding, of course. That Concert is on a Friday Night … mmm maybe I'll buy him & wife tix and I need some tix too. I'm renting a Chrysler 300 and that puppy flies and with Sirius XM -

IHe is a friend but I will have to tell him that I'm on personal business. He can go to the concert or not … I buy or he flies. Jackassville is not Kansas friendly -wise

Wish I was, but won't be seeing them again until Santa Clara next month...or if a small miracle happens I can swing Seattle before that.
Keeping it on the west coast (and Glendale) the rest of the tour, but will be following along right here on IORR for all the other shows.thumbs up

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 6, 2019 19:19

It’s so humid in the area today with severe thunderstorms expected. By noon tomorrow sun is out and it should be 67 degrees and clear when they hit stage at around 8:45pm and it will be about 62 and clear by the final bows. Perfect weather for both the band and us fans

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: July 6, 2019 19:30

I worry that the people going to the pre-show at the Pour House will not have enough time to comfortably get to the concert in time. There is only one concert train, and driving there will be bumper to bumper.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2019 19:30

Chris Fountain
Hairball
Chris Fountain
Hairball

Anyhow....

Just Miami - buried in work- Jacksonville is possible I have a friend/wife there. He said I could stay there W/wife. As long as I don't trip over furniture and break any lamps... He was kidding, of course. That Concert is on a Friday Night … mmm maybe I'll buy him & wife tix and I need some tix too. I'm renting a Chrysler 300 and that puppy flies and with Sirius XM -

IHe is a friend but I will have to tell him that I'm on personal business. He can go to the concert or not … I buy or he flies. Jackassville is not Kansas friendly -wise

Something ran amok with the quoting in your last post Chris, so fixed it here. smiling smiley

Hope you make it to Jacksonville along with the Miami show...don't deny yourself seeing the Stones at least twice this tour, and do whatever it takes!!! smileys with beer

After seeing Chicago show #2, I started thinking more and more about adding Seattle to my itinerary of upcoming shows (Santa Clara, Pasadena, and Glendale) as the show was that much fun.
THE STONES ARE TOURING THE USA!!! Don't know how many times I'll be able to say that in the future, so am embracing every single second of it!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 6, 2019 19:35

Xam
Chris Fountain
Walk back to that Hotel like you are Clint Eastwood in "High Plains Drifter" There will be no issues.
Dang right! And whistle that one tune...

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'll be fine. smiling smiley

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 6, 2019 20:11

There are plenty of seats available on Ticketmaster right now 1pm EST. They’ve lowered the prices immensely in many sections. There are lower bowl seats far end of stadium for $94.00. So there should be many good tickets available for the Lucky dip pile.

Good luck enjoy.

Re: One (1) Ticket for sale (Boston, July 7th at Gilette Stadium)
Posted by: lamothem ()
Date: July 6, 2019 22:45

One (1) ticket For sale at Face Value ($399): Section 108, Row 20, Seat #2

If interested, email me at: mike-lamothe@hotmail.com

Mike

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 6, 2019 23:33

virgil
There are plenty of seats available on Ticketmaster right now 1pm EST. They’ve lowered the prices immensely in many sections. There are lower bowl seats far end of stadium for $94.00. So there should be many good tickets available for the Lucky dip pile.

Good luck enjoy.

4pm EST update. They have lowered prices in a lot of sections. Some sections that were $394.00 are now $194.00 , $244.00 sections are now $144.00 , $144.00 sections are now $94.00 and there are more tix available now than 2 days ago, funny how that works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 23:34 by virgil.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 7, 2019 00:04

Hairball
Chris Fountain
Hairball
Chris Fountain
Hairball

Anyhow....

Something ran amok with the quoting in your last post Chris, so fixed it here. smiling smiley

Hope you make it to Jacksonville along with the Miami show...don't deny yourself seeing the Stones at least twice this tour, and do whatever it takes!!! smileys with beer

After seeing Chicago show #2, I started thinking more and more about adding Seattle to my itinerary of upcoming shows (Santa Clara, Pasadena, and Glendale) as the show was that much fun.
THE STONES ARE TOURING THE USA!!! Don't know how many times I'll be able to say that in the future, so am embracing every single second of it!!!

Hairball, Thanks … I would like to point out that the Declaration of Independence was revised 21 times!. So this means that my post will need editorial help from MAD Magazine or Hopkins. LOLspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 01:13

For those that might want to have a look, they're ready to go

Live Cam - Stage is set

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2019 02:23

This is a report from the Foxborough/Walpole area today, i.e. the area of Gillette Stadium. I will add it to my Stoneslife.org travel blog eventually, but as it will not be online until after the show tomorrow, I am posting some notes here now, as it is including some travel and show day advices.

I walk and travel by foot, between buses, trains and hotels, tyrying to avoid cars and taxis, so I need to keep away from rain and thunderstorm hours. That is why I do check the weather forecasts at all times, not just on show day. My experience is that our own Norwegian YR.no may be great as general forecasts, but Weather.com is better at forecasting thunderstorms, which are way more local. As per today, Weather.com told me there would be rain and thunderstorms in the late afternoon, as often on hot days, so I started my travel at before noon today, from Boston to Walpole near Foxboro.

These are the weather forecasts, more about those later on...

YR.no hour by hour Foxboro forecasts:
[www.yr.no]

Weather.com hour by hour Foxboro forecasts:
[weather.com]

I did not want to stay in the middle of nowhere out by the stadium for four days, so I changed the first two days of my travel from Washington into Boston city center. Boston is a city I have been to on every tour, every time the Stones go here, never staying at the same hotel, still, a great city, easy to walk. Today was checkout time and move on day, so at 11am I was on my way with my little carry on. It was so hot, the signs said 93F which is 34 C. I like it hot but everything in my pockets gets wet, and I must of course drink a lot of water.

After two hours sightseing in Boston, with my carry-on, very efficient, I was at Back Bay station. Following detailed travel research, I was on the Franklin line, on my way to Norfolk. There I should find a bus which would take me near Gillette Stadium, and then it should be a half an hour walt to my new hotel.

It was a great 45 minutes ride by the commuter train, including a stop by the historic buildings at the Walpole station dating from 1886, still there. Then I was off at the next station Norfolk.

No bus anywhere. There was a sign saying "No week-end services". I walked across the parking lot, was thinking about where to call a taxi (I don't go by Uber), then I stopped by a street corner and made a picture of a nice little white painted church. Then a little white van with 10-15 seats stopped, and the driver asked: "Do you need any help?" Sure, I said. I am loking for the bus to Gillette Stadium. "Hop On!" he said. This was actually my bus, I don't know where he was parked, but he found me, by accident, I was lucky, in fact I travel with luck, even if it may be bad luck to say so.

Fifteen minutes later, after having been around to various plaes, he dropped me off at Patriots Place, which is right next to Gillete stadium. I had a hand written paper with directions from here to my hotel, it should be a mile of walking, and the helpful driver confirmed my plans were right.

I crossed the main highway, and walked on in the direction according to my notes. Patriots Place is a large area of all sorts of shops, restaurants, in fact it is a small city in itself. There would be no problem to get beers and food there on show day. In fact, I have never seen so many shops and bars and restaurants around a stadium being so remotely placed in general, as we are no far away from the city of Boston.

Half an hour after I left my bus I crossed there was a sign saying I was now leaving Foxborough, entering Walpole, and I was one mile away from Gillette Stadium according to another sign. I had been walking by a number of restaurants and liquor stores, so I will be neither thursty nor hungry doring the next 24 hours, before I move on to the show tomorrow afternoon.

Having checked in to my hotel, I asked if there were any restaurants nearby, as there were no such in the hotel, more of an apartment style place. I know there were a few, but to my surprise he said the nearest were a mile away. I did not trust that info, so I went online and checked the area. Being extremely picky when it comes to eating places, I reject nine out of ten, and may only eat may be 5% of what is on the menu, I read every menu of every nearby place. There was one just five minutes waking away!

So after a quick rest, I was on the walk, but a short one this time. As I approached the place, after passing by a few roadkills, pretty oudated, and the sidewalk had just ended, there it was, a white painted house which looked more like a mix of a private home and a private chuch without a tower!

RED WING DINER
2235 Boston Providence Hwy
Walpole, MA, 02018

They have a Red Wing logo outside, but I don't think it is connected any way to Detroit Red Wings... More about the red wing logo here:

[www.liveabout.com]

Anyway, the restaurant is from the 1930's, and I was the only customer who arrived to the place walking, as it seems. This was my 2nd time of luck today, as this place turned out to be the best place for dining so far on the tour, which says a lot. I am picky, very picky.

I had a great lobster roll, excellent local Narragansett lager on draft at $3,10, and excellent service all along. In Boston a beer cost typically $8 or so.

I wish I cound stay in this place forever, the Red Wing Diner is simply a dream place. I should not tell, because it is just like anything which is too great to be true, don't tell, it may be ruined, but I trust there are not so many her on IORR who will rund down the place and destroy the great home style atmosphere. I will spend all my meals there during show day, I will be in paradise, but sadly I have a flight to New Orleans on Monday, so my time in paradise will be short, at least this part of paradise. But there will be another great paradise coming up inside the stadium Sunday evening, so no worries!

A final comment about "Is it safe?", a question I see many ask about the areas around the stadiums, both in Washington and here in Foxborough. Sure it is safe. Unless you try to cross the big road in heavy traffic, (then the cars will hit you), you are safe. There is a clearly marked GREEN line with a pedestrian sign on the sidewalk, leading anyone walking all the way from the stadium. There are a lot of parking lots this way, as well as other ways. There will be thousands of fans walking to their cars, also a few to their hotel rooms, after the show.

Finally, there is a special train running on show day, from downtown Boston, like the Back Bay station. I have taken it before, may be it was in 2002, then the train left Boston in the afternoon, went directly to Foxboro Station, a special station only used for the stadium. After the show, we entered the same train, it was still there, right next to parking lot 4, and after an hour or more, when everyone was on the train, it left. If you are patient then this train is ok.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-07 02:35 by bv.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 7, 2019 03:35

...No bus anywhere. There was a sign saying "No week-end services". I walked across the parking lot, was thinking about where to call a taxi (I don't go by Uber), then I stopped by a street corner and made a picture of a nice little white painted church. Then a little white van with 10-15 seats stopped, and the driver asked: "Do you need any help?" Sure, I said. I am looking for the bus to Gillette Stadium. "Hop On!" he said. This was actually my bus, I don't know where he was parked, but he found me, by accident, I was lucky, in fact I travel with luck, even if it may be bad luck to say so.

Fifteen minutes later, after having been around to various places, he dropped me off at Patriots Place...

------------------
smiling smiley I love that part of the story! We get by with a lil help from our friends!
Sometimes we can really use a lil a help from our friends, especially friends we just met.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 7, 2019 04:00

Ok, this may be a useless question, but figure I’ll try anyway.

I think the last time I saw a show at Gillette was when the Stones last played there. So it’s been a while.

I’m considering going tomorrow night, and I will be driving and parking.
I expect and don’t really mind the traffic or the price for parking.

I just would like to know from those more recently experienced what you would suggest for timing coming down from the Boston area, via 95 etc.

I’m really not concerned about catching Gary Clark, but assume if I am going to get within a reasonable distance from the stadium I’ll have to go on the earlier side?
And what do they get for parking near the stadium for shows these days?

If this info is buried in another thread/answer I apologize and would love a link.

Thanks,
J

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 7, 2019 04:21

JMARKO

I think the last time I saw a show at Gillette was when the Stones last played there. So it’s been a while.

I’m considering going tomorrow night, and I will be driving and parking.
I expect and don’t really mind the traffic or the price for parking.

I just would like to know from those more recently experienced what you would suggest for timing coming down from the Boston area, via 95 etc.

I’m really not concerned about catching Gary Clark, but assume if I am going to get within a reasonable distance from the stadium I’ll have to go on the earlier side?
And what do they get for parking near the stadium for shows these days?

Thanks,
J

You could, as last time there, "ask the young policeman"

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 7, 2019 05:20

CaptainCorella

Well, that wasn’t the last time there, but WOW! what a flashback.
This can only be one of a handful of people..... and at “50+ years a fan” even fewer!

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 7, 2019 05:29

Gonna be another good show! Have Fun!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-07 16:24 by Xam.

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: July 7, 2019 05:59

I was at Gillette Stadium in 2005. For a Swedish it was enjoying with the tailgating åt the parking outside. So I will take the hired car from Boston city tomorrow, probably 2;30.. Three seats are available for some support on the $40 parking...

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 7, 2019 10:29

JMARKO
CaptainCorella

Well, that wasn’t the last time there, but WOW! what a flashback.
This can only be one of a handful of people..... and at “50+ years a fan” even fewer!

I wondered if you'd remember. If you'd correct the (bouncing) email address in your details I'll get properly in touch.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 14:27

Parking at the Hilton is free for guests. A second car is $15.00

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 17:39

Wow, with all this open inventory I have a feeling lucky dippers are going to be quite lucky tonight.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 7, 2019 17:45

The 'Redwing' story -- that's really very poetic. Sounds like a perfect day.

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: July 7, 2019 18:17

I regret taking the car. Train looks safer to get there.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 7, 2019 18:42

tommyquinn
I worry that the people going to the pre-show at the Pour House will not have enough time to comfortably get to the concert in time. There is only one concert train, and driving there will be bumper to bumper.

That was last night. I was there for a bit. I'm not aware of a separate one for today.

Some of my Shidoobee friends will be meeting in parking lot 51 today, that's where I'll be going.

Hope everyone has fun tonight and that we get another rare one like Mercy Mercy!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 19:31

bjornkasm

I was there for the Licks show in 2002. It remains the worst stadium for access I have ever experienced in over 30 years of concerts. Even worse than Twickenham. Unless you can stay at close proximity to the show, your best bet is the train and even that’s treacle slow.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 7, 2019 20:21

grzegorz67
bjornkasm

I was there for the Licks show in 2002. It remains the worst stadium for access I have ever experienced in over 30 years of concerts. Even worse than Twickenham. Unless you can stay at close proximity to the show, your best bet is the train and even that’s treacle slow.

Worse than Twickenham??? I made that trek to Richmond after the show last year. smiling smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 7, 2019 20:49

Shawn20
grzegorz67
bjornkasm

Worse than Twickenham??? I made that trek to Richmond after the show last year. smiling smiley

it really is a huge shit show. last time I was there it cost me $50 to park and then had to walk 1.5 miles to get to the stadium. the worst part is getting out of the parking lot, plan on sitting in your car for a good hour or two waiting for your turn. I swore I never would go back, but caved for this.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: July 7, 2019 21:18

Shawn20
grzegorz67
bjornkasm

Yes. Much worse than Twickenham! I got caught up in that one too and though I made one of the last Tubes to the Centre, I missed my coach home from Victoria Coach Station, spending the night there! Twickenham Station's currently being rebuilt. A pain in the arse that the tube stops at Richmond.

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: July 11, 2019 01:40

Shawn20
grzegorz67
bjornkasm

Much worse than Twickenham, the train from Boston went at 10mph, and then stopped for best part of an hour the way.

Date: July 11, 2019 05:22

lovingcup22
Shawn20
grzegorz67
bjornkasm

Much worse than Twickenham, the train from Boston went at 10mph, and then stopped for best part of an hour the way.

It did exactly the same in 2002. Extremely frustrating it was too. The same friend I went to that show with went to this one too and I know he was planning to take the train again. Bad as it is, it’s still better than driving!

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home