Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Foxboro MA USA (near Boston) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 12, 2019 21:35

I thought I should remind everyone, MOSTLY THE LADIES, that you can't bring in a pocketbook unless it's TINY. They will send you back to your car to leave it there...if you didn't bring your car you could be in trouble. Gillette Stadium wants you to buy a see-through purse/tote measuring no more than 12x12x6. I called the stadium to speak with a staff member directly to avoid hassles on the day of the show....they DO allow small cameras...that's NEW! It's because everyone uses I-phones to take photos, lucky ME! I'll get to bring in my Nikon without hiding it. Amazon sells these see-through bags for about $10.99-13.99.
Does anyone know when the opening acts will be announced? Will there BE an opening band? Let's pray it is not a rainy day!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 1, 2019 18:37

daniel t
Tickets on the back field GA are now $243.... Go figure.....

How are these seats? Visibility to stage okay?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 1, 2019 20:40

Maindefender
daniel t

If your objective is to see the band directly (not watching the screens much of the time), this is NOT your best section.

It's on a (American) Football field which is 100 yards (which is basically 100 meters).....however, the stage etc. uses the ENTIRE field, not just the Playing Surface...so, it is more than that.

My best guess:

this section STARTS probably around 70-80 meters/yards away from the Main Stage....ends over 100 meters/yards away.

so, it depends how early you get there and on how tall you are....

there is a seated section in front of you on the field. I don't think people are allowed to stand ON seats anymore, but if they are (and they do), your direct view will suck.

Thankfully, I don't think that is allowed anymore

Short answer: You're gonna be looking at the big screens a lot, but you'll be able to see the band from afar.

These tix were originally like $100, I think, FYI. I could be wrong on that.

Have fun!

Date: March 1, 2019 20:49

ps...there's also the Mixing Board which sits in the GA Field Section.

so, you'll have to navigate a good spot around that as well.

personally? If you are IN Massachusetts, I would just show up on the day of the concert and try to "scalp"...wait till the opening riff and you'll get that same ticket for like $50.

if it doesn't work, there's lots of parties in the parking lot and you can hear the music from there.

I guess I am saying that I wouldn't pay $250 for this section unless I felt I HAD to be in the Stadium.

everybody's different, though.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 1, 2019 22:46

stickyfingers101
Maindefender
daniel t

If your objective is to see the band directly (not watching the screens much of the time), this is NOT your best section.

It's on a (American) Football field which is 100 yards (which is basically 100 meters).....however, the stage etc. uses the ENTIRE field, not just the Playing Surface...so, it is more than that.

My best guess:

this section STARTS probably around 70-80 meters/yards away from the Main Stage....ends over 100 meters/yards away.

so, it depends how early you get there and on how tall you are....

there is a seated section in front of you on the field. I don't think people are allowed to stand ON seats anymore, but if they are (and they do), your direct view will suck.

Thankfully, I don't think that is allowed anymore

Short answer: You're gonna be looking at the big screens a lot, but you'll be able to see the band from afar.

These tix were originally like $100, I think, FYI. I could be wrong on that.

Have fun!

These were never $100. Always $243 give or take.

Date: March 1, 2019 23:05

stickyfingers101
ps...there's also the Mixing Board which sits in the GA Field Section.

so, you'll have to navigate a good spot around that as well.

personally? If you are IN Massachusetts, I would just show up on the day of the concert and try to "scalp"...wait till the opening riff and you'll get that same ticket for like $50.

if it doesn't work, there's lots of parties in the parking lot and you can hear the music from there.

I guess I am saying that I wouldn't pay $250 for this section unless I felt I HAD to be in the Stadium.

everybody's different, though.

Thanks alot, I will be patient and get good seats at reduced price.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 2, 2019 21:02

quoting: These were never $100. Always $243 give or take.[/quote]

Not quite true. I’m looking at my GA Foxboro tix that I got in an AmEx pre sale. List, $139.50. Plus $19.05 service listed on ticket. So total per ticket wound up around $160.
I’m actually psyched for having that as a ticket. Sure - you don’t see the band up close, but because the sound board is back there, the sound should be great, and it’s not the hassle that goes along with being in the Pit (as great an experience as that is, don’t get me wrong). So I’m looking forward to just dancing at the back and getting my ya yas out.

Date: March 3, 2019 21:18

DEmerson
quoting: These were never $100. Always $243 give or take.

Not quite true. I’m looking at my GA Foxboro tix that I got in an AmEx pre sale. List, $139.50. Plus $19.05 service listed on ticket. So total per ticket wound up around $160.
I’m actually psyched for having that as a ticket. Sure - you don’t see the band up close, but because the sound board is back there, the sound should be great, and it’s not the hassle that goes along with being in the Pit (as great an experience as that is, don’t get me wrong). So I’m looking forward to just dancing at the back and getting my ya yas out.[/quote]

That's precisely the right attitude.

Plus the Stones always do a great job w/ the Big Screens, so there's that.

enjoy!

Posted by: Lexxi ()
Date: March 27, 2019 09:42

Hi everyone,

I'm coming from France for the show and plan on staying in Boston to enjoy the city while there. I couldn't find any information about the MBTA Patriots train being on service after the show, does anyone know if it will be possible to get back to Boston South Station with public transportations?

Date: March 27, 2019 14:24

Lexxi
Hi everyone,

I'm coming from France for the show and plan on staying in Boston to enjoy the city while there. I couldn't find any information about the MBTA Patriots train being on service after the show, does anyone know if it will be possible to get back to Boston South Station with public transportations?

Yes.

Get your ticket AS SOON as they are released (usually 1 week before the event) b/c they can sell out.

You might want to call or email them to find out the exact time-schedule.

[www.mbta.com]

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 19, 2019 03:37

Anybody meeting up anywhere prior to the show?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 19, 2019 04:02

I’m sure there will be parties

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: June 25, 2019 05:12

Rolling Stones, July 7, 2019

A concert train will provide round trip service between South Station and Foxboro for the Rolling Stones on Sunday, July 7. Round trip tickets are $20 and go on sale July 1.

Schedule:

Depart South Station: 4:45 PM
Depart Back Bay: 4:50 PM
Depart Dedham Corp: 5:05 PM
Arrive Foxboro: 5:50 PM
Depart Foxboro: 30 minutes after the concert ends

Check the Foxboro schedule for live departures times the day of the event.
We highly recommend purchasing your ticket in advance (mTicket, South Station, Back Bay Station). You'll only be able to purchase a ticket on board if they do not sell out in advance.
There will be no service to or from Providence Station for this event.

Posted by: lamothem ()
Date: June 25, 2019 13:37

I have one (1) ticket for sale at face value ($400) for the concert in Boston (July 7th, 2019). Section 108, Row 20, Seat #2

Mike

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 18:05

tommyquinn

A concert train will provide round trip service between South Station and Foxboro for the Rolling Stones on Sunday, July 7. Round trip tickets are $20 and go on sale July 1.

Schedule:

We highly recommend purchasing your ticket in advance (mTicket, South Station, Back Bay Station). You'll only be able to purchase a ticket on board if they do not sell out in advance.

Thanks for the info ! I'll be on this train.

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: June 25, 2019 18:38

tommyquinn

Schedule:

With no service to/from providence, what is best bet coming from Rhode Island to get there without getting dinged for parking?

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: June 25, 2019 19:14

2 of us will be driving a 12 passenger van from Rhode Island to the show, we will have room for 10 to ride with. If anyone is interested and willing to help split parking, we’d happily pick up in Providence and bring you along to try to cut down on parking costs.

Send me a message if interested.

Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: June 25, 2019 21:18

RAnderson
tommyquinn

Schedule:

With no service to/from providence, what is best bet coming from Rhode Island to get there without getting dinged for parking?

The lots around Gillette are usually in expensive if you don’t mind walking($10-$20). The ones going to the stadium on route one are pretty inexpensive the further away you get.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 26, 2019 05:22

What's the price for the Gillette lots? Less the further south I'd be or is there one (big) number for all?

Plan on paying when I get there...

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 26, 2019 21:54

TKinOH
What's the price for the Gillette lots? Less the further south I'd be or is there one (big) number for all?

Plan on paying when I get there...

I think parking at the stadium itself is $40

Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: June 26, 2019 21:59

It’s $40 at Gillette. If you park further south on route one it’s typically cheaper. For Kenny Chesney I’ve paid between $15-$25 to park along route one. You also get out faster.

Posted by: SoxandStones ()
Date: June 26, 2019 22:07

Totally agree with bluediamond. The one piece of advice I would give anybody is DO NOT PARK IN ONE OF THE MAIN LOTS. Getting out of there after a concert or game is insane.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 27, 2019 01:13

Thanx for the heads up, folks...

Staying in Milford, then will roll to Gillette so the advice is most appreciated!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 04:12

Never been to Gillette stadium before. Are there restaurants in/outside the stadium for pre-show ?

Date: June 28, 2019 04:16

I’m assuming Patriots Place will be accessible to concert goers. There are shops and restaurants within that area adjacent to the stadium.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: June 28, 2019 14:06

custom55
Never been to Gillette stadium before. Are there restaurants in/outside the stadium for pre-show ?

Its actually quite a facility with lots of restaurants and shops all around it. The issue is that its in the boonies otherwise. Should def be able to find a bite to eat though post show.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 15:42

The Patriots Place facility is quite impressive.

Lots of little shops, restaurants and bars clustered right around the stadium entrance, very easy to navigate and browse.

Ticket advice for Foxborough. Are side views worth the $?
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 29, 2019 05:59

Anyone know if the Club Level 12 or Club Level 29 (both side views) are worth getting? Looking at similar seats in pics from Chicago they look like they may be decent seats, but I can’t really tell for sure. These tix are going for $194.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ticket advice for Foxborough. Are side views worth the $?
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 29, 2019 06:30

If you're actually BEHIND the stage, I'd imagine the security guys would let you at least move down parallel to the stage...even if they made you go up high! Did you look at the Gillette Stadium seating chart?

Re: Ticket advice for Foxborough. Are side views worth the $?
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 29, 2019 07:07

The tix are definitely not behind the stage, but the tix they are listed as “limited view”

To answer your question I did look at the seating chart, but it’s a little difficult to tell exactly what the view would be. The seats are close to the stage, but the “limited view” listing scares me. I just want to know how limited they would be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-29 07:16 by James Kirk.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home