Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Foxboro MA USA (near Boston) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:16

Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the following Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 show and travel here:

Foxboro/Boston

Bjornulf

Re: Foxboro MA USA (near Boston) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: November 22, 2018 00:18

hi all am coming over from the uk and staying in foxboro and want to ask is there a train to there from the airport if not the best way i know I've months to do research but thought id start the post thanks all

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: November 22, 2018 01:01

This is kind of convoluted, but hope it helps somewhat:

From Boston Logan airport take a bus to South Station (Bus runs every 30 minutes-a 10 minute ride )

at South station take the train to Mansfield (Mansfield-Providence train runs every hour -- about 45 min trip )

From Mansfield take taxi or uber to Foxboro ( about 10 minute ride -- 5 miles )

Have fun !

Date: November 22, 2018 23:19

hi thanks for the info cheers

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: November 23, 2018 12:32

I've booked a plane from London to Boston this weekend grinning smiley I had a bunch of Virgin airmiles so got a very cheap flight just paying the airline tax and fees only. Cheap flight to the Stones!!

Now I just need to work out my ticket strategy. I'm seeing a lot of posts about waiting it out. I'm also tempted to go for the lucky dips, but I think im right in saying these can only bought in pairs is that right?

Date: November 23, 2018 23:51

Yeah can only be Bought in pairs

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 25, 2018 00:55

Saw 2 or 3 billboards while driving near Boston today (didn't take a pic). I have a hunch, if it is just the one show, that this one 'could' sell out fairly quickly. Based on nothing more than just a gut feeling that there could be big demand for this one. As it's a Saturday night, and I can see people traveling in for this one, and Boston does love the Stones.
Also - a full page ad in today’s Sunday Globe Arts section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 21:25 by DEmerson.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 11:07

Thursday presale code is CLOUD

[985thesportshub.com]

The code appears to be the same across the board.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 26, 2018 18:27

We are not expecting Foxboro to sell out in minutes are we?? (I'm trying to thing of Buffalo '15, pretty sure I had plenty time to decide)

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 26, 2018 18:37

Don’t they usually just put let’s say 20,000 seats on sale to create demand of a sell out and then release more tickets every 2 weeks or so right until the event? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. Want good seats but not going to pay what I think they’ll be asking with initial sales.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 27, 2018 18:11

Seating chart

Just a reminder as to where seat 1 is in a section

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 18:37

This is probably the show I'm going to.

So the pre-sales are on Wednesday and Thursday...I signed up for the RS newsletter (NOT the fanclub) and it says that I'll have access to one of the pre-sales.

Anyone know which one? Am I going to be receiving a code at some point?

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 27, 2018 18:55

keefriff99

So the pre-sales are on Wednesday and Thursday...I signed up for the RS newsletter (NOT the fanclub) and it says that I'll have access to one of the pre-sales.

Code is MIDNIGHT

Date: November 27, 2018 20:26

LSTNT
keefriff99

Code is MIDNIGHT
Thanks! Just got my e-mail actually.

Am I to understand that tickets can only be bought in pairs for this, or is that something different?

Date: November 27, 2018 20:31

you can buy single tix - or more - tomorrow and general pre-sale. The PAIRS you may be thinking of is for the Lucky Dip tickets that have been made available recently, and people are kind of assuming will be available during the General On Sale date Fri. through the Stones website.

UPDATE: TM now at least has the Seating Chart for Foxboro (around 4p EST Tues.) Still no pricing though for any shows that I see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-27 23:27 by DEmerson.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 28, 2018 10:48

Date: November 28, 2018 14:31

Maindefender
We are not expecting Foxboro to sell out in minutes are we?? (I'm trying to thing of Buffalo '15, pretty sure I had plenty time to decide)

Buffalo was a disaster because it wasent ticketmaster

.....keep on rolling.....

Date: November 28, 2018 16:39

Well, I'm in the "waiting room"...21 minutes. Let's see where the chips fall...

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 17:14

stabilo
hi all am coming over from the uk and staying in foxboro and want to ask is there a train to there from the airport if not the best way i know I've months to do research but thought id start the post thanks all

where is "there?"

the MBTA runs trains from Boston to Foxboro for events....

[www.mbta.com]

Date: November 28, 2018 17:16

bob r
This is kind of convoluted, but hope it helps somewhat:

From Boston Logan airport take a bus to South Station (Bus runs every 30 minutes-a 10 minute ride )

at South station take the train to Mansfield (Mansfield-Providence train runs every hour -- about 45 min trip )

From Mansfield take taxi or uber to Foxboro ( about 10 minute ride -- 5 miles )

Have fun !

Take the MBTA from South Station...the run trains for concerts. Much simpler

[www.mbta.com]

Date: November 28, 2018 17:58

From what I see today - Pit tix are around $1500! Seat on the field, like $800. I got a pair GA at back of the field for $321 for the pair. I'm happy with that.

Date: November 28, 2018 18:10

Section 137, row 5, aisle seat. I'm happy.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 28, 2018 18:17

How much for 100 level?

Date: November 28, 2018 18:21

J.J.Flash
How much for 100 level?
Mine was $327...prices were all over the place though...some closer to the stage were $600-800.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 28, 2018 18:52

You Got to Roll Me
Maindefender

Buffalo was a disaster because it wasent ticketmaster

Not for me, the whole experience was wonderful...thumbs up

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 28, 2018 19:02

Back field for 134$ US. Got a pair. Didn't want to pay much more than that.
I hate the ticket sale system and it's getting worse each tour.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:07

Foxboro is actually closer to Providence than it is to Boston. To those coming in from out of town you may want to consider flying into Rhode Island and staying in Providence as hotels are much cheaper and pound per pound the restaurants are better. Providence is a great place as is Boston.

Date: November 28, 2018 20:17

James Kirk raises an excellent point about ProviDEnce RI. Much smaller airport than Logan - much less hassle, and it IS closer to Foxboro than Boston and yes - great restaurants in the city. Maybe not as many flights in and out of Green (the Providence airport) as you'll see out of BOS (Logan) but worth looking into as a very viable option!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:36

I thought the CODE was MIDNIGHT not CLOUD....where did CLOUD come from? Today, Wednesday Nov 28 all Ticketmaster tickets are gone, sold out according to their site. I'm sure there are MORE tickets for Friday when the general public can just call in and buy..or buy online. It seems they allocate so many tickets for sale each of the first 3 days.
If you find a hotel in the Mansfield area the taxi/Uber ride is fast. It's only about 7 miles from the stadium. Some hotels offer shuttle service-check with the hotel before you book and do NOT say you're staying there for the STONES! Say you're staying for BUSINESS! You'll get the REGULAR hotel rate! Hotels TRIPLE their rates for the Saturday show!! I don't know how this is even legal. They discriminate against STONES FANS because we seem desperate for a room.

Date: November 28, 2018 20:51

DEmerson
James Kirk raises an excellent point about ProviDEnce RI. Much smaller airport than Logan - much less hassle, and it IS closer to Foxboro than Boston and yes - great restaurants in the city. Maybe not as many flights in and out of Green (the Providence airport) as you'll see out of BOS (Logan) but worth looking into as a very viable option!

Yup...great points.

However, if you are coming from Europe there's little/no chance you can get a direct flight into Providence.

Euros - if you are going to both Foxboro and Giant's Stadium (NY) it is worth looking at flying into NYC (usually cheaper), renting a car and driving to MA and back (about 4 hours, depending on traffic and time of day). I would stay in Providence, Mansfield or Plymouth.

Gringos - I think Southwest runs flights to Providence (domestic) for pretty cheap.

Hotels are definitely cheaper in Providence and I would guarantee parking is far less of a hassle...same for traffic.

And Providence has a nice selection of "stuff"....so, not a bad call at all (esp. if you plan to fly on to other venues).

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home