Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Philadelphia PA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:15

Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the following Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 show and travel here:

Philadelphia

Bjornulf

Re: Philadelphia PA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:54

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 24, 2018 02:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-13 01:34 by exilestones.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: November 26, 2018 01:58

Hi everyone.
I'm planning going to Phlly. I've seen them only twice (Miami 1997 and Puerto Rico 2006) and my other options are Miami or Jacksonville.
I'm looking for the best vibe and the best crowd.
Out of these three cities, which one would you recommend?

Thanks
Manuel

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2018 12:45

Same presale code CLOUD valid for Philly

[wmmr.com]

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 19:32

Still not sure what to make out of GA Field tickets... What do you think of them value for money wise (compared to other tickets not in general)

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 29, 2018 17:21

Popped for 2 in 119 thru AEG presale... 5 minutes in the waiting room.

Looking forward to my first return to Rock in Philly, after seeing Roger Waters and Eric Clapton do Pros and Cons at the old Spectrum in '84...

Oh yeah!

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: December 18, 2018 04:49

Got our tickets delivered the 13 Dec,section 3

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: February 12, 2019 23:38

Hi Philly people--I have a quick question. I am coming from out of town for the show and staying at the Fairfield Inn Downtown/Convention Center at 261 South 13th street. Is there public transportation/easy way to get to the stadium for the Stones show from where I will be? Thanks in advance.

Date: February 13, 2019 01:13

yes....the broad street subway line can get you there in 20 minutes which includes walking to the station, waiting for the train and getting to Broad and Pattison all in 20 minutes. You are staying at a very nice part of the city btw. You will have no trouble getting to and fro using the subway.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: February 13, 2019 01:28

Thanks a lot AlmostHearYouSigh! I really appreciate the info. I land in Philly the afternoon of the show and was worried about being stressed trying to get to and from the show and that's a bummer on show day. You have made me feel much better. Thanks again.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: March 10, 2019 12:07

Got yesterday no filter pit tickets for face value on TM page....

Also booked a hotel and flight....

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 18, 2019 23:29

Looks like I'm going to at last have a chance at my show, assuming I can get my damn cancer to give me a break at just the right time.

I live about 30 minutes away, so all I need is the ticket. My strategy is to watch StubHub, etc as the show approaches. On day of, I'll evaluate my health situation, and if that's good for the day, I'll wait for something to drop at the last minute and then pounce on it.

I'll try to find a nice comfortable seat in a club box or similar. I did this when I took my son to see Kiss in March and it worked out nicely. In this case, given the cost, and my sons complete disinterest, I'll probably be purchasing a single ticket.

Date: May 30, 2019 23:46

Assistance needed with Ticketmaster / Philadelphia

Hi everybody,

I was aiming to see the Stones in NJ on June 13th and 17th, travelling from Europe with a non-cancellable flight. Due to the rescheduling, I’ll miss the shows and won’t make the extra trip to NYC either.

As it happens, I’ll be in Washington DC in late July and have been trying to get a decent seat for the show in Philadelphia. For NJ I had a section 1 seat, so I was so happy to see that there were section 1 seats available for Philadelphia about an hour and a half ago. But since all the available seats are “in pairs”, the system won’t let me buy just a single seat!

I chatted with Ticketmaster twice and even called them, but all they kept saying is that I’ll have to buy the tickets online. So am I basically forced to buy two tickets? I don’t remember this being the case as I was buying the tickets in the presale for NJ1 and NJ2.

Does anybody have any ideas how to solve this? Thanks!

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: June 21, 2019 16:05

Hey kiddos,

Living in Halifax now I had told myself I was done seeing the Stones but, as good luck has just stung me, I am going to be able to see them in Philly, one last time.

This is all thanks to a very generous cousin-in-law who knows how much I love the band. Given that the show is on a Tuesday and he has to work the next day I'm guessing it'll be show and then home for him whereas I have no reason to go to bed early.

Are there Stones events happening after the show? Before the show even? I'm debating grabbing a room somewhere for that night as he lives out in the burbs. I'm also free all day to do whatever the Stones fans are doing.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 23:10

Check on the Shidoobee page for party/meet up info.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 00:40

Now that I'm going to Jacksonville I'm thinking of driving up to Philadelphia for this one (already have LDs) but don't know this city at all.

Anyone familiar with area willing too chime in on regions maybe just outside city for motels/hotels for those of us driving? (Guessing downtown is like any other city cost-wise)

Public transpo in outlying areas? Or would you recommend driving in?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 00:41 by snoopy2.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 8, 2019 03:04

snoopy2
Now that I'm going to Jacksonville I'm thinking of driving up to Philadelphia for this one (already have LDs) but don't know this city at all.

Anyone familiar with area willing too chime in on regions maybe just outside city for motels/hotels for those of us driving? (Guessing downtown is like any other city cost-wise)

Yes, downtown Philly is definitely more expensive than outside the city for stuff like hotels. There's a pretty good rail system (SEPTA) that'll get you from many of the less-distant outlying areas (e.g., Bala Cynwyd, Conshohocken, Villanova) into the city. All 3 of those are safe and fairly close to Center City. And from there you could take the subway (or an Uber) to Lincoln Financial Field.

Another option is to stay at an airport hotel. PHL is close to Lincoln Financial Field.

Hope this helps! (P.S. I live in the suburbs of Philly).

Drew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 03:07 by drewmaster.

Date: July 8, 2019 03:26

snoopy2

Send me your email. I'm at photomedia@live.com

Date: July 8, 2019 03:46

It's nice to stay in Center City Philadelphia with an easy subway ride to the venue as posted earlier in this thread. The Philadelphia Airport is not far from the stadium with many hotels near by with a wide range of pricing.

Priceline.com

Center City:
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Convention Center Hotel $114
Philadelphia 201 Hotel by Marriott $135
Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia $161
The Ritz-Carlton by Marriott, Philadelphia $794
Society Hill Hotel at Independence Park $95

Airport:
Extended Stay America Philadelphia AP Tinicum Blvd $109
Penrose Hotel Philadelphia $94
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Philadelphia Airport $84
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia-Airport- Bartram Ave. $118
Quality Inn Philadelphia Airport $73

Date: July 8, 2019 05:14

drewmaster
snoopy2

Yes, downtown Philly is definitely more expensive than outside the city for stuff like hotels. There's a pretty good rail system (SEPTA) that'll get you from many of the less-distant outlying areas (e.g., Bala Cynwyd, Conshohocken, Villanova) into the city. All 3 of those are safe and fairly close to Center City. And from there you could take the subway (or an Uber) to Lincoln Financial Field.

Another option is to stay at an airport hotel. PHL is close to Lincoln Financial Field.

Hope this helps! (P.S. I live in the suburbs of Philly).

Drew

It does help! Thx drew

Date: July 8, 2019 05:26

And thx as well @exilestones

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 17, 2019 03:27

Any idea what time you can pick up Lucky Dip tickets. Also what time is the band expected to go on. Thanks

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 17, 2019 06:22

If you are the LD holder, Ticketmaster will send an email. The email will have the info you are looking for.

Chi 1 will call was at noon. Landover was 330. I think both times, 830ish was stones time.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 17, 2019 14:06

Thanks for the info

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 17, 2019 14:21

Is the Mail sent out the day before the event or on show day?

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: July 17, 2019 17:27

The Lucky Dips pickup time in DC and New Orleans was 5:30. Chicago was 4:00 and Foxboro was 6:00. The email they will send out will have all the relevant Lucky Dips info.

Posted by: coalspeak ()
Date: July 17, 2019 17:49

I received an email (Foxboro show) 2-3 days prior to the show.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: July 17, 2019 19:38

A bit off topic but just wondering if anyone is also going to see Elvis Costello and Blondie the next day in NY.
I'm still debating...

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 17, 2019 19:48

coalspeak
I received an email (Foxboro show) 2-3 days prior to the show.

Thanks

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home