Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Landover MD USA (near Washington D.C.) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: May 28, 2019 23:40

I'm thinking/hoping I will be able to get a floor/standing ticket for maybe a bit above $100? Who knows? I pay for a seat and stand the entire time, anyway!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 30, 2019 03:42

Any info on the parking at FedEx? Is it $50 on event days, like it is to buy in advance? Or less?

Thinking of Green A for a quick exit? Staying in Springfield, VA on 7-2 and 3...

Date: June 6, 2019 21:04

TK in OH- small world, I live in Springfield! I dunno what the deal is now, but last time people were showing up to get into the stadium with no cash to pay to park...the P.G. County cops had to make a turn-around lane for people to drive back out to an ATM and get some $$$! I would think they have worked something out by now, I guess it would be at least $40? I have only been to that stadium for Stones shows, never heard a good word about it for football games, but it will work great for our purposes!

Date: June 6, 2019 22:45

Lots of logistics for traveling and parking to overcome. Hope the combo of the July 4th holiday doesn't make it even worse.

Glad I got a refund and rescheduled to NOLA for a vacation. Good luck on your travels.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: June 7, 2019 03:35

I'll probably book parking in advance, then just have to drive!!

Bringin' my daughter and her BF to see DC and The Stones, her second time at 17, after Columbus in 2015. Meeting my bud there who I travelled to the UK with for shows last summer. He has just moved to North Bethesda, MD from Jacksonville, but we will rendezvous there on 7-19 also!

Lotta miles comin' up for these shows, but it'll be so worth it!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 7, 2019 06:43

TKinOH
Any info on the parking at FedEx? Is it $50 on event days, like it is to buy in advance? Or less?

Thinking of Green A for a quick exit? Staying in Springfield, VA on 7-2 and 3...

I've been told that it's up to $60 now. I plan on parking at the Metro station and walking to the stadium. The parking fee is around $3.00 and the walk is less than a mile; takes about 15-20 mins depending on your pace. (Bummer if it's raining.) Get out faster too; stadium lots after an event are reportedly a fustercluck.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: June 9, 2019 03:11

Roscoe,

What metro station are you parking at ??

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 9, 2019 04:10

jaggerman
Roscoe,

What metro station are you parking at ??

Park at a Silver or Blue line lot, if you can, then you don't have to transfer trains. Both lines take you straight to Morgan Boulevard stop.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: June 9, 2019 06:43

Is Morgan Blvd the closest metro stop to Fedex Field ?

Can i park there ??

Thank you !

Date: June 9, 2019 15:54

jaggerman

Can i park there ??

Thank you !

[www.wmata.com]

Scroll down to Morgan Blvd.

You're welcome!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 10, 2019 06:50

jaggerman

Can i park there ??

Thank you !

Yes, Morgan Blvd is the closest Metro stop to Fedex Field. And contrary to what I posted earlier, Special Event parking at Metro lots is $15 (not "around $3.00"). Still better than $60 at the stadium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-10 06:51 by Roscoe.

Date: June 10, 2019 20:45

"Get-in" price now down to $103, down I guess about $125 in last month? Hehehehehe!!!

Posted by: imsohotforher ()
Date: June 24, 2019 19:30

Hi all,

Any recommendations for Lucky Dip ticket holders? I know it's lottery but is there a best time to be at the stadium?

Date: June 24, 2019 20:29

They released more Lucky Dips yesterday, so my guess is that sales are slow right now. It's a prime tourist week, so hard to know whether that's helping or hurting as hotels are already at a premium and there's lots of competing events.

Date: June 24, 2019 21:04

"Get-in" price now down to $80?...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 21:07

latebloomer
They released more Lucky Dips yesterday, so my guess is that sales are slow right now. It's a prime tourist week, so hard to know whether that's helping or hurting as hotels are already at a premium and there's lots of competing events.

They didn't release new ones. There is no Link in the Stones page. Just a couple of returned Tickets that went back on sale. Only ist few hardcore fans know the links..

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 26, 2019 22:03

Date: June 27, 2019 20:51

A friend of mine just won a pair of tix on the radio, off-air the lady told him to be prepared to pay $60, cash only, to park at FedEx Field...thank you, lil Danny Snyder!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 27, 2019 21:51

imsohotforher
Hi all,

Any recommendations for Lucky Dip ticket holders? I know it's lottery but is there a best time to be at the stadium?

When the gig is over its more easy to walk
Jeroen

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 28, 2019 05:24

Latebloomer, or anyone familiar with the area. The way Google maps has me arriving, F-Green is the first/outermost parking lot that i hit. Well atleast with the Ticketmaster lots for sale. With fees, it comes to $63. I dont mind paying. I just like it easy. You know, first lot i hit and bam!!! Park and off shirt hunting. Seems like an easy ou too.

So what parking do you guys recommend?

Posted by: rich-wdc ()
Date: June 28, 2019 18:23

I live in DC proper and can say, with some exaggeration of course, that no one likes this venue. $60 to park is added insult. @MingSubu: FGreen is no worse than any other parking location and could give an edge in getting out.

Warning to all drivers: Get there early; I've seen bad backups and people getting to shows late.

Warning to anyone who is remotely thinking "Oh, I'll just take Metro (subway)": Last train is almost guaranteed to leave before the guys think about finishing up their encore.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 18:28

I'm sure I'm not the 1st person to have noticed that this show takes place on the 50th anniversary of Brian's death. I really hope they pay tribute to him in some way. Ruby Tuesday would be fitting I think.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: June 28, 2019 19:38

grzegorz67
I'm sure I'm not the 1st person to have noticed that this show takes place on the 50th anniversary of Brian's death. I really hope they pay tribute to him in some way. Ruby Tuesday would be fitting I think.

Good observation...Shine a Light would also be appropriate to play.

-Cam

Date: June 28, 2019 20:17

Attention Fan!

This message is being sent on behalf of the FedExField in regards to your upcoming event.

The Rolling Stones
FedExField
Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Come Early!

Will Call Opens - 3:30 pm
Gates Open - 5:30 pm
Show Time - 7:30 pm

Support - Ghost Hounds

Parking
You can pre-purchase parking here
On event day, parking will be $60 per vehicle, and $100 for Bus/RV/Limo; cash and major credit cards accepted.

Public Transit
The closest metro stop to FedExField is the Morgan Blvd Station, accessible via the Blue Line and Silver Line. Please note, the metro station is within 1-mile walking distance to stadium.
For more information, visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority web site at www.wmata.com

Last Train Departures from Morgan Blvd.

Blue Line - Franconia-Springfield 11:01 PM
Silver Line - Wiehle-Reston East 10:54 PM

Clear Bag Policy: Follow Closely to Avoid Delays
The Rolling Stones, touring partners, and host venues strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bags to the concert. For ALL North American performances fans will be allowed to carry only the following style and size bag, package, or container:

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
Small clutch bags, 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, can be taken in along with one of the clear plastic bags
One gallon (10”) clear plastic re-sealable bag(s); Ziploc bag or similar

Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper declaration and inspection.
Prohibited Items
Purses larger than a clutch bag, briefcases, backpacks, bum bags, cinch bags, luggage, computer bags, camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size. No coolers of any size, soft or hard-sided. No weapons of any kind, or anything that could be considered a weapon. No alcohol, cans, or food. No glass, including perfume or cologne. No sprays or deodorants. No flares, fireworks, pyrotechnics, or laser pointers. No studded jewelry or long chains on wallets or purses. No audio or recording equipment such as iPads, tablets, computers, etc. No professional cameras or cameras with detachable lenses. No umbrellas - small, medium, or golfing. No selfie sticks. No drugs, illegal substances, legal highs, nitrous oxide, psychoactive substances, etc.

Any item deemed to be inappropriate or offensive, including clothing.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 29, 2019 00:38

grzegorz67

"Sway"!

Date: June 29, 2019 01:07

Bought parking last night before leaving for Barrie this morning...

Funny how TM even starts the search for a parking add-on at a Qty. of 2! I usually just drive one vehicle at a time...

Date: July 1, 2019 03:29

Looks like it may be a bit warm and humid for this one, 40% chance of rain?

Another Nashville Zip Code sweat-fest, I suppose... the Club level seats will give us some AC to relax in right up 'til 2045 or 2100 when the lights go down.

Hopin' I get a switched-up setlist for this one, since Chicago #1 and Oro-Medonte were very similar.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 04:38

CamRS
grzegorz67

-Cam

I think it needs to be a song Brian contributed a lot to and not one written and recorded some time after his death.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: July 1, 2019 05:37

grzegorz67
CamRS
grzegorz67

-Cam

I think it needs to be a song Brian contributed a lot to and not one written and recorded some time after his death.

IIRC correctly, Shine a Light was started in early 1969 while Brian was alive and it was highly speculated to originally be about him. But it seems Mick has denied that, so I guess we shouldn’t expect it.

If we’re talking about songs Brian contributed heavily to, as long as the band keeps Paint It Black in the setlist, that’s probably enough of a tribute to him in their minds.

- Cam

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 1, 2019 05:49

Mercy mercy for Mr jones

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home