Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Landover MD USA (near Washington D.C.) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:14

Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the following Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 show and travel here:

Landover, near Washington D.C.

FedExField information kindly supported earlier on in this thread:

Attention Fan!

This message is being sent on behalf of the FedExField in regards to your upcoming event.

The Rolling Stones
FedExField
Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Come Early!

Will Call Opens - 3:30 pm
Gates Open - 5:30 pm
Show Time - 7:30 pm

Support - Ghost Hounds

Parking
You can pre-purchase parking here
On event day, parking will be $60 per vehicle, and $100 for Bus/RV/Limo; cash and major credit cards accepted.

Public Transit
The closest metro stop to FedExField is the Morgan Blvd Station, accessible via the Blue Line and Silver Line. Please note, the metro station is within 1-mile walking distance to stadium.
For more information, visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority web site at www.wmata.com

Last Train Departures from Morgan Blvd.

Blue Line - Franconia-Springfield 11:01 PM
Silver Line - Wiehle-Reston East 10:54 PM

Clear Bag Policy: Follow Closely to Avoid Delays
The Rolling Stones, touring partners, and host venues strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bags to the concert. For ALL North American performances fans will be allowed to carry only the following style and size bag, package, or container:

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
Small clutch bags, 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, can be taken in along with one of the clear plastic bags
One gallon (10”) clear plastic re-sealable bag(s); Ziploc bag or similar

Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper declaration and inspection.
Prohibited Items
Purses larger than a clutch bag, briefcases, backpacks, bum bags, cinch bags, luggage, computer bags, camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size. No coolers of any size, soft or hard-sided. No weapons of any kind, or anything that could be considered a weapon. No alcohol, cans, or food. No glass, including perfume or cologne. No sprays or deodorants. No flares, fireworks, pyrotechnics, or laser pointers. No studded jewelry or long chains on wallets or purses. No audio or recording equipment such as iPads, tablets, computers, etc. No professional cameras or cameras with detachable lenses. No umbrellas - small, medium, or golfing. No selfie sticks. No drugs, illegal substances, legal highs, nitrous oxide, psychoactive substances, etc.

Any item deemed to be inappropriate or offensive, including clothing.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 05:40 by bv.

Re: Landover MD USA (near Washington D.C.) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:54

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 21, 2018 14:16

This venue seems to be in the middle of nowhere!
Does anyone know the easiest way to get to and from without a car (traveling from downtown Washington)?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 21, 2018 14:28

Morgan Blvd is the nearest Metro stop. It's a 10-minute walk to FedEx Field. Take the blue, orange or silver lines. However, Metro may not be open when the show ends. The last train usually leaves around 11.

Otherwise, it's a straight shot out East Capitol Street to Central Avenue, a few miles outside of DC in Prince George's County, Maryland. It's near where the Capital Centre was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 09:39 by ab.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 21, 2018 16:26

Thanks ab!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 29, 2018 01:14

Got a pair in 323 on the Club level for my daughter and myself...

First gig in DC for me, check it off!

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: November 29, 2018 03:31

I’ll be in section 122! It was easier to get to the Verizon Center, hopefully doesn’t rain

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: November 29, 2018 18:27

I'm in !!

Scored on the ticketmaster presale this morning

Where is the preshow party ??

Mike

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 30, 2018 05:49

I snagged a pair of $275 tickets. If I go to more than DC and Jazzfest, ticket prices will cut too much into my concert budget for the rest of the summer.

There's usually a bunch of good shows at the summer sheds (Wolf Trap and Merriweather Post Pavilion) and clubs (Anthem, 930, Black Cat, Birchmere, City Winery, Hamilton, etc.) in the DC area.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-30 14:57 by ab.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: December 3, 2018 20:04

I got tickets in section A1 and can’t wait for the show.

This is my fourth time seeing them having seen them at Desert Trip Weekend 1, Nashville in 2015, and DC in 2013. This will be the best seats I have seen them in, unless I get lucky with my Lucky Dip tickets for the first NY/NY show.

Cam

Date: December 8, 2018 19:33

Pit ticket for this show. My Stones buddy Chris got it for me. To bad a few here ran him off he has connections at Ticketmaster and is the kind of person who we should have on here to help us out.

Date: December 9, 2018 05:10

Section 139 four rows off the field and at the aisle. See you there!

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: February 18, 2019 19:27

Any recommended hotels near the venue?

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: March 8, 2019 21:49

Dear all,

I just bought a ticket for Washington.

I would like to know which is the best way to go from downtown to the FedEx Field ?
by metro ? by train ? by bus ?

Do you think if it will be easy to go back downtown after the show ?

Which area do you recommend me for an hotel ?

Thank you for your help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-08 21:53 by RiffKichards.

Date: March 9, 2019 00:16

I use to live in this area before moving down under. There is a subway/metro station within walking distance however my buddy Chris tells me it has limited hours running and may be closed if the show runs late or if you can't get there promptly.
Not sure of any hotels in the area it is not the best area to be walking around late at night it is in a very bad area for crime.

I'd suggest getting a hotel in the city and not in the area of the concert.

This venue is kind of in the middle of nowhere compared to the stadiums in most cities.

I am sure there will be some charter buses running from downtown DC to the venue that may be the best way to get to and from.

Or, you can do like I am doing and find someone from the area who can give you a lift to and from the stadium.

Having been to concerts here before (1997 they played here when it first opened) getting out of events here is very slooooooooowwwwwwwwwww.

RiffKichards
Dear all,

I just bought a ticket for Washington.

I would like to know which is the best way to go from downtown to the FedEx Field ?
by metro ? by train ? by bus ?

Do you think if it will be easy to go back downtown after the show ?

Which area do you recommend me for an hotel ?

Thank you for your help.

Date: March 9, 2019 09:36

georgemcdonnell314
I use to live in this area before moving down under. There is a subway/metro station within walking distance however my buddy Chris tells me it has limited hours running and may be closed if the show runs late or if you can't get there promptly.
Not sure of any hotels in the area it is not the best area to be walking around late at night it is in a very bad area for crime.

I'd suggest getting a hotel in the city and not in the area of the concert.

This venue is kind of in the middle of nowhere compared to the stadiums in most cities.

I am sure there will be some charter buses running from downtown DC to the venue that may be the best way to get to and from.

Or, you can do like I am doing and find someone from the area who can give you a lift to and from the stadium.

Having been to concerts here before (1997 they played here when it first opened) getting out of events here is very slooooooooowwwwwwwwwww.

Thank You !!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 9, 2019 10:40

There are hotels around the area but the rooms should be gone by now. I stay at the Residence Inn by Mariott. It is in Walking Distance from Tür Stadium. I reserved a cancellable room there before the Shows were announced.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: March 9, 2019 14:05

RiffKichards,

The Metro runs until 1am on Fridays. Barring a massive delay from the band, the concert should be over by midnight at the latest, so you should be able to make it back to the Metro by then.

I live right outside of DC in Virginia, and plan on taking the Metro, but it’s probably good to have a backup leaving the concert just in case. Especially if you’re not from the area.

Hope that additional info helps!

-Cam

Date: March 9, 2019 15:34

CamRS
RiffKichards,

The Metro runs until 1am on Fridays. Barring a massive delay from the band, the concert should be over by midnight at the latest, so you should be able to make it back to the Metro by then.

I live right outside of DC in Virginia, and plan on taking the Metro, but it’s probably good to have a backup leaving the concert just in case. Especially if you’re not from the area.

Hope that additional info helps!

-Cam

Thank you very much !! It helps a lot.

I have decided to rent a car at downtown May 31th and a parking lot at FedExField Stadium : I think it is safe and convenient for a person like me who does not know the town !! American driving is the best (I am from France).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-09 15:36 by RiffKichards.

Posted by: coalspeak ()
Date: March 29, 2019 19:41

staying at the Courtyard, New Carrollton/Landover and wondering if anyone has advise to and from. Obviously LYFT is an option to get there, but after show its always been a mess based on my experiences in other cities. There appears to be trail service but it ends at 1am??

Date: May 17, 2019 21:31

I will attend Washington show (July, 3) and will stay in town for the Independence Day (I leave the 5th of July for Boston).

I am very happy to celebrate July, 4th in Washington DC (I am French) !!
It should be spectacular and friendly !!

More precisely, what can I expect for this day ?

Do you have any recommandation ? (advices, place to go, not to go) for this particular day ? My hotel is near Logan Circle.

Thank you for your help.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 21:50 by RiffKichards.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 18, 2019 00:44

Lucky Dip link [www1.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 18, 2019 02:48

Topi
Lucky Dip link [www1.ticketmaster.com]

Thanks. Looks like I missed this round, fingers crossed they'll be another! If anyone has a spare ticket, please contact me.

LANDOVER, MD
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 26, 2019 00:17

I just saw LD for Landover for those interested.

Re: LANDOVER, MD
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 26, 2019 00:18

Error code all day, but thanks! smiling smiley

Re: LANDOVER, MD
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 26, 2019 00:26

No problem. Actually, I thought I clicked on the LD link for Chicago. Imagine my excitement, only to see Landover!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: May 28, 2019 07:37

Seeking opinions on seating at FedEx Field. I'm looking at Lower Level seats in the sections closest to the stage. Sections 119 and corresponding 103 look like limited view to me whether the tickets say so or not. Sections 102/120 look better but I'm guessing perhaps still at such angle that perhaps one couldn't see Charlie? Sections 101/121 seem like the first clear view from the side, trying to get as close to the stage-side aisle as possible. Anybody have any thoughts/recommendations on this?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 28, 2019 13:11

coalspeak
staying at the Courtyard, New Carrollton/Landover and wondering if anyone has advise to and from. Obviously LYFT is an option to get there, but after show its always been a mess based on my experiences in other cities. There appears to be trail service but it ends at 1am??

Walk away from the venue by a few blocks before requesting a ride from Uber or Lyft.

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: May 28, 2019 21:09

I see the "Get In" price on StubHub tickets is dropping steadily...at this rate there will be some deals to be had on good tickets and not-so -good tickets the week before the show? I think mostly, people that want a ticket have theirs by now, so there is not a huge demand for the inventory that is left unsold? And that is just looking at one of many ticket vendors....

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 28, 2019 23:01

I'm thinking that too. The 'Get in' price show day Philly for The Who on Stubhub was $12.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home