Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Denver CO USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: followyoudown ()
Date: August 3, 2019 00:01

I am still after two tickets. I feel I could trust people on this iorr site. There has just been a wave of cheap tickets by different posters on Denver craigslist for good seats. Does anyone know if counterfeit tickets are going around? Has anyone been scammed by the Ticketmaster transfer option? Thanks. Coming from Texas without tickets, but coming anyway!

Kevin

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 3, 2019 00:23

Hairball
What happened plexi...three tix to sell?
After all that strategic ticket buying process you went through to get seats together?
Hope you're able to sell them! thumbs up

Hey Hairball -- one of my daughters's husband is both controlled and controlling. I will explain it to you on Messenger or maybe in Santa Clara in person. So that's her and his tickets plus one of the 5 year old granddaughters. So yes, there will still be four of us plus my brother's family of six, so ten of us all together. I am so sorely disappointed that not all of us can go. In any event, it will still be good.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2019 00:33

Sorry to hear plexi, and no need to explain details.

You'll have a GREAT TIME nevertheless - it's THE ROLLING STONES LIVE in 2019!!!! thumbs up

Date: August 3, 2019 01:37

Hairball
Sorry to hear plexi, and no need to explain details.

You'll have a GREAT TIME nevertheless - it's THE ROLLING STONES LIVE in 2019!!!! thumbs up

Indeed!!!

plexi

Date: August 3, 2019 02:07

Has anyone heard of any tailgate parties in the parking lot on the day of the show?

plexi

Date: August 3, 2019 03:26

timbernardis
Has anyone heard of any tailgate parties in the parking lot on the day of the show?

plexi

We say in Texas, if there isn't a party. START ONE!

Date: August 3, 2019 04:12

The Shidoobs are having a party at a pub Friday eve and tailgate on show day

plexi

Date: August 3, 2019 04:25

timbernardis

plexi

How do I get I touch with the Shidoobs to see if anyone has tickets?

Date: August 3, 2019 05:13

followyoudown
timbernardis

plexi

Go to their website and Facebook pages. If you have any difficulties, get back to me.

Facebook: look up Shidoobee with Stones Doug

Also, look at the IORR Ticket Trader forum.

And then there's always Ticketmaster and the other resellers such as Stubhub, Tick Pick, many more.

plexi

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: August 3, 2019 07:31

timbernardis

plexi

As you mentioned, check the Shidoobee details. There is no confirmation on the Shidoobee tailgate Saturday yet - might not be confirmed until a day or two before. Hoping for parking lot C (south of stadium's west side). Exact location, within the lot should be posted around by about 4:30 that afternoon, after the first cars have parked. Look for a yellow Shidoobee shirt, that's probably what I'll be wearing. We met briefly last year, the night before the Warsaw concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-03 07:37 by IGTBA.

Date: August 3, 2019 08:40

IGTBA
timbernardis

plexi

As you mentioned, check the Shidoobee details. There is no confirmation on the Shidoobee tailgate Saturday yet - might not be confirmed until a day or two before. Hoping for parking lot C (south of stadium's west side). Exact location, within the lot should be posted around by about 4:30 that afternoon, after the first cars have parked. Look for a yellow Shidoobee shirt, that's probably what I'll be wearing. We met briefly last year, the night before the Warsaw concert.

Yes, there will be a tailgate party in Lot C. I have been in touch with the gals who r organizing the pre-party on Friday eve as well as the tailgate. Lot C will open at 3 or 3:30. My brother who lives there has gotten two different answers.

I wished I had been in Warsaw. Perhaps I will meet u in Denver.

plexi

A Plague in Denver?
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: August 2, 2019 23:13

from the Guardian newspaper...

The Colorado Rapids have announced Saturday’s match with the Montreal Impact will go ahead as scheduled, but parking at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park will be restricted to asphalt lots and a planned fireworks display has been canceled due to plague-infested fleas found on prairie dog colonies in the area.

Plague has been confirmed in prairie dogs at several sites in the Denver suburb of Commerce City, prompting officials to close some parks and take other precautions.

Sports quiz of the week: signings, shirts, sponsors and a son-in-law
Read more

Re: A Plague in Denver?
Date: August 2, 2019 23:46

That is not near either downtown or Mile High Stadium. It's an area NE of town in fields, parks, and a wildlife refuge. So far, only a couple of prairie dogs have been confirmed to be infected and that area will be treated with a pesticide and monitored - meanwhile it is closed to people.

No threat to Stones fans.

Plague in prairie dogs, which live in many areas of the front range, is not typical, but it's not that unusual either. The varmints are common in parks and fields around the Denver metro area. I don't recall seeing them near downtown, but in the suburbs and suburban parks, I see them frequently. There are lots of animal lovers around here, who fight against any efforts to eliminate (or even relocate) the varmints. Even though prairie dogs are common, I don't recall reading about humans here being infected by the plague, although it is probable that has happened in extremely rare cases.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-03 00:01 by IGTBA.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 3, 2019 01:32

Hopefully the Denver T-shirt and Poster will feature a plague-infested prairie dog with a slobbering and foaming Stones tongue in place of its little mouth...

Date: August 3, 2019 01:50

Kurt
Hopefully the Denver T-shirt and Poster will feature a plague-infested prairie dog with a slobbering and foaming Stones tongue in place of its little mouth...

Kurt, this is GREAT, one of the best posts on the boards I have seen in a long time. A great idea for a bootleg t shirt!!

plexi

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 3, 2019 02:32

I guarantee there’s more crap in your hotel room

Date: August 3, 2019 19:53

OK, I've got a single in section 536, row 35 for $100.

tim_bernardis@hotmail.com

plexi

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: August 3, 2019 20:08

Coming up from Texas, hope to see some folks partying in the parking lot. Just saw the Jersey show and it was amazing.

Date: August 3, 2019 20:12

timbernardis
followyoudown
timbernardis

plexi

Go to their website and Facebook pages. If you have any difficulties, get back to me.

Facebook: look up Shidoobee with Stones Doug

Also, look at the IORR Ticket Trader forum.

And then there's always Ticketmaster and the other resellers such as Stubhub, Tick Pick, many more.

plexi

thanks. was not aware of some of those resources

Date: August 3, 2019 20:48

Shesarainbow
Coming up from Texas, hope to see some folks partying in the parking lot. Just saw the Jersey show and it was amazing.

Hey I'm coming from College Station. You? do you have tickets already?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 3, 2019 21:44

Can't believe we're making this one, but just found a hotel in Cherry Creek area for decent price and now we're going to rally for a 22 hour drive to make it for showtime (anyone know if easy drive to show from this area?)

p.s. no tickets yet, this will probably be a show up at box office before show and see what we can grab like I did throughout Zip Code

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-03 21:45 by snoopy2.

Date: August 3, 2019 21:53

snoopy2
Can't believe we're making this one, but just found a hotel in Cherry Creek area for decent price and now we're going to rally for a 22 hour drive to make it for showtime (anyone know if easy drive to show from this area?)

p.s. no tickets yet, this will probably be a show up at box office before show and see what we can grab like I did throughout Zip Code

oh, you'll get tix day of show. Look around the stadium too. Always people selling.

plexi

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 3, 2019 22:04

the cherry creek mall is about 5 miles from stadium
some hotels use the name cherry creek and might be a little further away
www.thejacquard.com is one of the newer luxury marriott hotels right in cherry creek

snoopy2

Date: August 3, 2019 23:57

timbernardis

plexi

? I thought I met a "plexi" at an IORR gathering the night before the Warsaw concert? Is there more than one "plexi" here? Or maybe it's old age faulty memory.

I'll look for you at Kathi's Friday party

Date: August 4, 2019 04:26

IGTBA
timbernardis

plexi

? I thought I met a "plexi" at an IORR gathering the night before the Warsaw concert? Is there more than one "plexi" here? Or maybe it's old age faulty memory.

I'll look for you at Kathi's Friday party

Where are you from? Last year, I went to the Dublin and the first two London shows. Also, went to the Shidoobee pre party in Dublin, IORR band show/party in London and to Chris Jagger at the Ealing Club. Maybe it was one of those places. And no, I am the only plexi, THE PLEXIGLASS !!! Anyone else claiming such is an imposter!

plexi

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 4, 2019 17:22

If you are coming from the Meadowlands, Altitude 7 feet, straight to Denver, Altitude 5,280 feet be prepared...
They don’t call it Mile High Stadium for nothing!

This stuff really helps:

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 4, 2019 18:33

Forecast for show day is partly cloudy with thunderstorms and hot. Is it humid as well does anyone know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 18:35 by babyblue.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: August 4, 2019 18:42

babyblue
Forecast for show day is partly cloudy with thunderstorms and hot. Is it humid as well does anyone know.

Weather Channel is not showing thunderstorms currently. Thunderstorms tend to be quite localized this time of year, we can check the morning of the show for a more accurate forecast. I would bring a light rain jacket just in case, otherwise t-short/shorts should be good. Current forecast for humidity is 38% day of show, quite different than the east/south/midwest this time of year.

Date: August 4, 2019 19:31

As with most of the west, the humidity is almost nonexistent.

plexi

Date: August 4, 2019 20:30

timbernardis

Where are you from? Last year, I went to the Dublin and the first two London shows. Also, went to the Shidoobee pre party in Dublin, IORR band show/party in London and to Chris Jagger at the Ealing Club. Maybe it was one of those places. And no, I am the only plexi, THE PLEXIGLASS !!! Anyone else claiming such is an imposter!

plexi

I wasn't at those concerts, so probably my memory of Warsaw party is wrong. When not seeing the Stones, I split my time between Las Vegas and Denver. Was a huge Broncos fan; been to Mile High Stadium well over 50 times; also was at games at the previous Mile High Stadium.

I'll look for you at the Friday evening party.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home