Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Seattle WA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 11, 2019 08:00

Paddy
I’ve avoided all the footage of this tour so far. My last memory is Satisfaction in Coventry last summer. So I’m getting kinda excited and nervous, I have LDs. They bring a certain squirming inside until opened.

I Couldn’t give a monkeys where I am, so long as I can hear the band well it’s all good.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s the Rolling Stones.

And Life is ok again.

(Depression is a weird land, and thank @#$%& for the Rolling Stones and their 90 minutes or so, thank @#$%& for Keith’s smiles and looks to the heavens. I’m ok at those times and the people around me are way less scary shouting along and bumping into me than they are sitting on the bus opposite me)

.......and Basil.........

Fawlty Towers - Two Dead, Twenty Five to Go
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 11, 2019 12:04

it was raining hard here yesterday but the forecast for wednesday is looking good. 75F & partly cloudy. perfect for a show!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 12, 2019 15:49

Welcome to Seattle everyone!!
No Neil or Tedeschi-Trucks band in town as was the case pre-postponement, but plenty to see and do..

Wouldn't surprise me to see one or more of the boys checking out the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) while in town, very cool exhibits currently (formerly The Hendrix Museum).
[www.mopop.org]

Looks like a great Jimi exhibit focusing on his time abroad, "Wild Blue Angel" as well as cool Pearl Jam, Nirvana exhibits etc.
"From his arrival in London to his untimely death on September 18, 1970, Jimi Hendrix was rarely in one place for more than a month. Wild Blue Angel: Hendrix Abroad, 1966-1970 offers a contemplative look at the period of Hendrix’s life spent on the road as he catapulted to fame."

*Easy to get to from downtown via the Monorail from Westlake Center. Only goes from downtown to Seattle Center, but the nations first commercial monorail is a Seattle landmark in it's own right.. cool smiley
[www.seattlemonorail.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-12 15:59 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 12, 2019 15:58

I saw the Jimi exhibit 3 years ago at the MoPop, cool to see that it's still on.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 12, 2019 17:41

The monorail, aka South Lake Union Transit. They sell Ride The SLUT t-shirts.

Date: August 12, 2019 19:07

Here's a good interview with Lukas Nelson about touring with Promise Of The Real, the Stones and his dad:

[news.pamplinmedia.com]

I've seen POTR playing with Neil Young a couple of times, but not on their own.

Date: August 12, 2019 19:27

Javadave
The monorail, aka South Lake Union Transit. They sell Ride The SLUT t-shirts.

Different entities, but yes there is also the S.L.U.T. street cars that "get around" town.. cool smiley

The monorail would make a great event litho spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 23:14

To Hairball ...
I was planning to cross the Atlantic for the Seattle and Santa Clara (where I was hoping to meet you) shows, but unexpectedly my wife has to undergo important surgery this month, so I/we can't come over. Hopefully "the next tour". Enjoy!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 12, 2019 23:30

georgie48
To Hairball ...
I was planning to cross the Atlantic for the Seattle and Santa Clara (where I was hoping to meet you) shows, but unexpectedly my wife has to undergo important surgery this month, so I/we can't come over. Hopefully "the next tour". Enjoy!

Well darn it georgie48, it would have been a pleasure to meet you, but some things are more important in life than the Rolling Stones!
Best wishes to you and your wife, and hope all goes well with her surgery.

ps - I won't be in Seattle (though I did think about it for a bit after Chicago #2), so my next show is Santa Clara and the two that follow that.

Anyhow, next tour it is! thumbs up

Date: August 12, 2019 23:59

Javadave
Here's a good interview with Lukas Nelson about touring with Promise Of The Real, the Stones and his dad:

[news.pamplinmedia.com]

Have seen them with Neil in small venues and Desert Trip, and have to say I was surprisingly disappointed with their opening set in NJ.

Seemed to me that they are trying too hard to mold Lukas into someone who can inherit the superstar reigns from his dad, as the set was much more "polished" than I'd seen before. Lost me when he overdid (imo) showing off his ability to play the guitar with his teeth eye rolling smiley Which may play better in Jimi's hometown, but I doubt it.cool smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 13, 2019 05:47

gettin' tingly...heading across the border Wednesday morning

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 13, 2019 06:14

treaclefingers
gettin' tingly...heading across the border Wednesday morning

I’m heading across it tomorrow, excitement is growing!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 13, 2019 06:36

Yes countdown is on - Hitting Border Wed morning looks like alot of Canadians will be heading to the Clink !!

JJF to Open !!!!!!!!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 13, 2019 07:02

I’m hoping for a JJF opener also!
I received an email this morning re the LD tickets. It says 5:30pm onwards. Is this the same time as other LD pickups? I’ve only done this once before but it was 1pm pickup, not 2 hours before the show.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 13, 2019 08:26

Got an email earlier from Centurylink Field with all the (non-LD) ticket/security info:

10am - NW Stadium box office opens for will call, ticket sales, or customer service

4pm - Field Event box office opens for customer service or to purchase floor tickets

5:30pm - Stadium gates open

7:30 - Show begins

More info: [link.e.seahawksemail.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 13, 2019 08:31

MisterDDDD
Javadave

[news.pamplinmedia.com]

Have seen them with Neil in small venues and Desert Trip, and have to say I was surprisingly disappointed with their opening set in NJ.

Seemed to me that they are trying too hard to mold Lukas into someone who can inherit the superstar reigns from his dad, as the set was much more "polished" than I'd seen before. Lost me when he overdid (imo) showing off his ability to play the guitar with his teeth eye rolling smiley Which may play better in Jimi's hometown, but I doubt it.cool smiley

Did they have Micah playing with them? I saw he was out with Particle Kid, opening for Flaming Lips & Claypool/Lennon but the itinerary worked for him to do these big shows. I find Micah's stuff more interesting than Lukas'. Still, looking forward to seeing them without Neil. I'm going to pass on their show tonight at the wine party & rest up for the main event Wednesday. I've been working extra hours (hard for me), so I can flex half the day Wednesday. Just saying f all & taking Thursday off for recovery. The good part is a week from Thursday is my last day in the rat race that is corporate America. Taking a medical disability retirement. Been coming for awhile & the time is right. Next step: try & get my soul back, haha.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 13, 2019 09:22

Hairball
georgie48
To Hairball ...

Well darn it georgie48, it would have been a pleasure to meet you, but some things are more important in life than the Rolling Stones!
Best wishes to you and your wife, and hope all goes well with her surgery.

ps - I won't be in Seattle (though I did think about it for a bit after Chicago #2), so my next show is Santa Clara and the two that follow that.

Anyhow, next tour it is! thumbs up

Thanks!
My mind will be with you and the Stones during those shows. Enjoy the shows double (partly for me winking smiley)! Thanks to IORR I will be able to see some of it on-line cool smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 13, 2019 10:40

I’m in the US now heading north to Seattle by car from Denver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-13 10:41 by babyblue.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: August 13, 2019 12:44

Song Vote?...Did i miss it?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 13, 2019 13:00

mikey C

Song Vote?...Did i miss it?

Not active yet ....

Date: August 13, 2019 14:48

crholmstrom
Did they have Micah playing with them? I saw he was out with Particle Kid, opening for Flaming Lips & Claypool/Lennon but the itinerary worked for him to do these big shows. I find Micah's stuff more interesting than Lukas'. Still, looking forward to seeing them without Neil. I'm going to pass on their show tonight at the wine party & rest up for the main event Wednesday.

No, Micah was not playing with them.
Thought that was odd.. thanks for the info on his whereabouts.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 13, 2019 17:11

Where is the best link for the song vote?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 13, 2019 18:11

sarahunwin
Where is the best link for the song vote?

www.rollingstones.com/vote

Date: August 13, 2019 19:20

The Stones glimmer is bathing Seattle with amazing weather. The smoke skipped us this summer. Sunny skies and mild temps.

All of you visitors are in for a treat.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 13, 2019 19:22

About to leave for the airport! Bought my son and my 8 year old grandson tickets so the little one can see what his Grammy is so obsessed about smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: TheMariner ()
Date: August 13, 2019 19:25

I know this is a long shot but you never know...people love road trips...
Is anyone driving from Seattle to Santa Clara and has space for 1 person smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 13, 2019 19:43

THE ROLLING STONES WILL BE PLAYING AGAIN ON THE WEST COAST OF THE US IN 2019!!! eye popping smiley smileys with beer hot smiley

smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Don't mind me - just needed to get that out of my system...thumbs up

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: August 13, 2019 22:10

Song vote ? ???

Date: August 14, 2019 02:04

No song vote. Interesting

Date: August 14, 2019 02:22

jumpontopofmebaby
No song vote. Interesting
Perhaps they will do one they've rehearsed for the vote song but hasn't won yet.

Shattered fits the bill, as well as Emotional Rescue and I'm sure several others.
Have they done Out of Control yet? Have to go check the list cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home