Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Seattle WA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 24, 2018 19:15

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

Well I'm coming down from Vancouver and will be screaming at the top of my lungs, so that may add to the ambience.

Anyone with suggestions on the best mode of travel from Vancouver? Train, Bus, Car and where to stay that is relatively close to stadium?

Driving is always best.. have done them all, would not necessarily drive to the stadium though.
There is a new(ish) light rail system that takes you very close to the stadium.
Budget and what you want to do is always a consideration, but I would recommend staying near a light rail stop (University District, Capitol Hill, South Seattle) if not wanting to stay right downtown.

I wrote this before but worth saying again. Good option for hotel is near the airport. There are a lot of choices more reasonably priced than downtown & there is a light rail stop on highway 99 there that will take you right to the stadium for very little money. Some friends did that at labor day & were very happy with the choice.

thanks everyone, some good advice and sound choices! Merry Christmas!

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: December 25, 2018 20:32

Any word on opening bands yet?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 25, 2018 21:06

keefgotsoul

no news locally. the show has sold very well here. i checked a few weeks ago & the only tickets available were "platinum" packages & resale. maybe 1 little section had standard price tickets. i think the stratagy of having 1 show for the seattle/vancouver/portland corridor (& the eastern outlands of those cities) has worked very well for the band. when the stones played century link on ABB there were a lot of empty seats but they had done or were going to do several shows in the area.

Date: December 26, 2018 00:47

crholmstrom
keefgotsoul

no news locally. the show has sold very well here. i checked a few weeks ago & the only tickets available were "platinum" packages & resale. maybe 1 little section had standard price tickets. i think the stratagy of having 1 show for the seattle/vancouver/portland corridor (& the eastern outlands of those cities) has worked very well for the band. when the stones played century link on ABB there were a lot of empty seats but they had done or were going to do several shows in the area.

good news in some respects; from a lucky dip perspective, perhaps not quite so lucky!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 26, 2018 04:04

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
keefgotsoul

good news in some respects; from a lucky dip perspective, perhaps not quite so lucky!

I tend to think the Lucky Dips are perhaps "luckier" when the stadium sells well. Meaning the less cheap seats to fill, the less chance of getting one there.

Of the two shows I bought Lucky Dips for in the UK, I pulled pit-B for Manchester which was one of the fullest stadiums of that leg (saw people turned away for tix at box office).. Led me to believe that perhaps the more expensive tix were then the ones they had more of left to distribute..

Date: December 26, 2018 18:59

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
keefgotsoul

I tend to think the Lucky Dips are perhaps "luckier" when the stadium sells well. Meaning the less cheap seats to fill, the less chance of getting one there.

Of the two shows I bought Lucky Dips for in the UK, I pulled pit-B for Manchester which was one of the fullest stadiums of that leg (saw people turned away for tix at box office).. Led me to believe that perhaps the more expensive tix were then the ones they had more of left to distribute..

dang...now you've amped up my expectations!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 27, 2018 00:21

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

Well I'm coming down from Vancouver and will be screaming at the top of my lungs, so that may add to the ambience.

Anyone with suggestions on the best mode of travel from Vancouver? Train, Bus, Car and where to stay that is relatively close to stadium?

Driving is always best.. have done them all, would not necessarily drive to the stadium though.
Budget and what you want to do is always a consideration, but I would recommend staying near a light rail stop (University District, Capitol Hill, South Seattle) if not wanting to stay right downtown.

I wrote this before but worth saying again. Good option for hotel is near the airport. There are a lot of choices more reasonably priced than downtown & there is a light rail stop on highway 99 there that will take you right to the stadium for very little money. Some friends did that at labor day & were very happy with the choice.

Driving is good. That's how I'm going to Seattle then Denver. Be a nice drive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-27 00:22 by babyblue.

Date: December 27, 2018 00:28

babyblue
treaclefingers
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

i drove from seattle to boulder for show in 1978, my first stones show. at age 17! my parents are dead but i'm still trying to figure out how i talked them into that 1~

Date: December 27, 2018 01:21

babyblue

Made that trip a few times for shows cool smiley
If you're leaving from the Seattle area.. you can take two distinctly different road trips, getting there and back, with there only being about 45 minutes driving time difference.

One way takes you SE through Washington, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, then Colorado.
Coming back you can drive NW through Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, then Washington.
Both really great scenic drives with very cool stopping points.
[www.google.com]

Date: December 28, 2018 16:11

Are there any nice bars small ones near staduium? Any recommendations.

Date: December 29, 2018 15:27

babyblue
Are there any nice bars small ones near staduium? Any recommendations.[/quote

I don't drink but there are many bars close to stadium.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 29, 2018 22:54

babyblue
Are there any nice bars small ones near staduium? Any recommendations.

I've gone to Pyramid Alehouse a couple of times and found it to be pretty decent for both food and drinks. If the weather's nice, the patio may be open with bbq and brews right there on demand.

[www.pyramidbrew.com]

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: December 30, 2018 20:53

I've been to Seattle a couple times recently and loved it. It is gorgeous, a great place to just walk around and take in the mundane... go out for coffee, lunch, a beer, etc. If you like good beer, I thought the beer at Pyramid Alehouse was really good. The food was good. The garlic fries were to die for. Pyramid Alehouse is right next to Safco Field, the baseball stadium. It would be packed if the show was at the baseball stadium, but I believe the Stones are playing the football stadium, which is right next door to the baseball stadium. It might work in your favor that the show is at the football stadium, putting Pyramid Alehouse a little further from the Stones show and maybe not as packed. It is still not far at all and totally walkable.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: January 9, 2019 21:01

Just announced: Tedeschi Trucks Band at The Paramount Theatre, Seattle May 23 & 24.

Tickets onsale starting Jan 15
[ticketmaster.evyy.net]

Think I'll stick around another night. They're well worth it. A sit-in with The Stones the night before might be too much to hope for, but, damn, it would be sweet!

Date: January 9, 2019 21:22

mosthigh
Just announced: Tedeschi Trucks Band at The Paramount Theatre, Seattle May 23 & 24.

[ticketmaster.evyy.net]

Think I'll stick around another night. They're well worth it. A sit-in with The Stones the night before might be too much to hope for, but, damn, it would be sweet!

Saw that this AM.. new album coming as well.
A sit in the night before would be fantastic! Like you say, not likely, but fantastic!

Date: January 10, 2019 12:15

MisterDDDD
mosthigh

[ticketmaster.evyy.net]

A sit in the night before would be fantastic! Like you say, not likely, but fantastic!

How about TTB opening for the Stones? They have an open date on 5/22. I saw Susan open for the Stones in Vegas once & she was fantastic. Have seen TTB, too & they were mostly great. To be honest, I prefer Susan's material to Derek's. He's a great guitar player though.

Date: January 10, 2019 14:54

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
mosthigh

[ticketmaster.evyy.net]

How about TTB opening for the Stones? They have an open date on 5/22. I saw Susan open for the Stones in Vegas once & she was fantastic. Have seen TTB, too & they were mostly great. To be honest, I prefer Susan's material to Derek's. He's a great guitar player though.

Same.
My favorite version of Miss You with Susan sitting in..
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: January 15, 2019 15:01

mosthigh

[ticketmaster.evyy.net]

Anyone know which pre-sale code will be used to buy tickets in the fan club pre-sale today ?

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: January 15, 2019 20:11

chriseganstar
mosthigh

[ticketmaster.evyy.net]

Anyone know which pre-sale code will be used to buy tickets in the fan club pre-sale today ?[/quote
Code is SWAMPFAMILY19

Satisfied since 1976

Date: January 17, 2019 08:27

Where oh where do Stones fans meet day of show?

Date: January 17, 2019 09:02

babyblue
Where oh where do Stones fans meet day of show?

The aforementioned Pyramid Brewery might be good. They have a large outdoor area, so wouldn't be shutouts. I haven't hung out in Pioneer Square in ages but there are plenty of bars there. I'll think on it.

Date: January 25, 2019 04:59

As mentioned earlier in the thread Lisa Fischer will be playing four nights at Jazz Alley in Seattle starting the night after the concert (May 23).

Great venue, and I would not be surprised if there was a special guest or three in attendance. Either way, would be a fun after-party and having seen her a few times, it's always a great show.

They give preferential (and early) seating to those choosing a dinner option and another IORRian (Dave G) and I are planning on attending the Thursday show.

Anyone else interested drop me an email (not hidden) and we can coordinate..

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 25, 2019 16:50

Wouldn't it be cool if Lisa joined them on Gimme Shelter for this one?

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: January 25, 2019 20:42

Elysian Fields is right next to the north entrance to the stadium if the weather's dodgy. Good beer, liquor, and food.

Hope we get a decent weather day, and that I can find a decent ticket.

Date: January 31, 2019 03:12

Javadave
Elysian Fields is right next to the north entrance to the stadium if the weather's dodgy. Good beer, liquor, and food.

i could be wrong but i thought that place closed. i'm no expert though, as i can't drink.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2019 03:57

Neil Young will be in town the same week as the Stones.

May 20th and 21st with Promise of the Real - Paramount Theater, Seattle

Also prior to that on May 18th SOLO - Fox Theater, Spokane - just a hop, skip, and a jump away ( apprx. a few hundred miles east ha).

Date: February 2, 2019 03:59

Wow, this is getting crazy...Neil Young & POTR at the Paramount May 20 & 21, The Stones on the 22nd, and Tedeschi-Trucks the 23rd & 24th.

If you got LD's the Stones are the cheapest show by far.

Neil has a night off the 22nd, so does TT. Could any sort of sit-in actually happen?

If Neil plays with the Stones, they could mash-up 'Brown Sugar Mountain'.

Date: February 2, 2019 04:36

mosthigh
Wow, this is getting crazy...Neil Young & POTR at the Paramount May 20 & 21, The Stones on the 22nd, and Tedeschi-Trucks the 23rd & 24th.

Neil has a night off the 22nd, so does TT. Could any sort of sit-in actually happen?

Or "Heartbreaker of Gold"..

Also, Lisa Fischer at Jazz Alley the 23rd -26th.
Big live music week in Seattle with several special guest opportunities.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2019 04:50

mosthigh

smiling smiley

Like a Crossfire Hurricane
Sister Morphine and the Damage Done
Tonight's the Night Time is the Right Time

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 2, 2019 04:52

crholmstrom
Javadave

i could be wrong but i thought that place closed. i'm no expert though, as i can't drink.

Intrigued by the name, I looked it up
elysian fields seattle washington
All that different beer and good looking American food- Mr. DDDDD make sure you buy Bjornulf all the beer and meal, ya?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home