Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Seattle WA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:13

Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the following Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 show and travel here:

Seattle WA - Wed May 22 - CenturyLink Field

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 11:14 by bv.

Re: Seattle WA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 21, 2018 13:31

I posted this on the tour thread but is appropriate here. Seattle has turned into an expensive city & downtown hotels are quite pricey. The show is just south of downtown. If you are trying to save a little money, consider staying by the airport. There is a light rail line that has a stop by the airport. You can take that to the stadium district (Sodo) as there is a station there. Much cheaper than a taxi. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer best I can. I've lived in Seattle 55 of my 57 years. Quite excited about the show. As for the stadium, it's a nice one. It's the best sounding stadium I've been to. Chance we may get rained on but on average, the weather is fine in late may.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:51

The Moore Hotel near Pike Place, downtown is one of the best deals around. It's a bit older, with no a/c, but for 1 night in May, it should do just fine. They haven't jacked their prices up (so far) either.

It's also close to one of the only downtown pot shops in Seattle (Have A Heart - Belltown). Expect a lineup.

[www.moorehotel.com]

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:14

mosthigh
The Moore Hotel near Pike Place, downtown is one of the best deals around. It's a bit older, with no a/c, but for 1 night in May, it should do just fine. They haven't jacked their prices up (so far) either.

It's also close to one of the only downtown pot shops in Seattle (Have A Heart - Belltown). Expect a lineup.

[www.moorehotel.com]

I got a room in the Moore for $108 for the night of the show.

Date: November 21, 2018 20:38

mosthigh

[www.moorehotel.com]

there are green stores near the stadiums, too. the moore is ok. getting back to it could be a little bit of a pain post show but is ok place for sure.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 22, 2018 02:23

crholmstrom
mosthigh

[www.moorehotel.com]

there are green stores near the stadiums, too. the moore is ok. getting back to it could be a little bit of a pain post show but is ok place for sure.

Its about a 30 minute walk if i remember correctly. I stayed there and saw GNR at Cetury link a few years ago.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: November 22, 2018 03:44

crholmstrom
I posted this on the tour thread but is appropriate here. Seattle has turned into an expensive city & downtown hotels are quite pricey. The show is just south of downtown. If you are trying to save a little money, consider staying by the airport. There is a light rail line that has a stop by the airport. You can take that to the stadium district (Sodo) as there is a station there. Much cheaper than a taxi. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer best I can. I've lived in Seattle 55 of my 57 years. Quite excited about the show. As for the stadium, it's a nice one. It's the best sounding stadium I've been to. Chance we may get rained on but on average, the weather is fine in late may.

Not looking forward to taking the boat of shame back to Bremerton at 1AM but excited to finally see a Stones show.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 22, 2018 04:46

tommycharles
crholmstrom

Not looking forward to taking the boat of shame back to Bremerton at 1AM but excited to finally see a Stones show.

In 2006, when they ast played at Century Link, I caught the late Bainbridge Island ferry pretty easily.

Date: November 22, 2018 09:53

tommycharles
crholmstrom

ahhhh, good old bummertown! i'm thinking about moving to that zone, more like poulsbo, when i retire. i like it over there. seattle is wearing on me some.

Date: November 22, 2018 16:09

crholmstrom
tommycharles
crholmstrom

ahhhh, good old bummertown! i'm thinking about moving to that zone, more like poulsbo, when i retire. i like it over there. seattle is wearing on me some.

If you move to Poulsbo, we could end up as neighbors!

Date: November 22, 2018 17:28

DaveG
crholmstrom
tommycharles
crholmstrom

smileys with beer

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: November 23, 2018 03:20

crholmstrom
DaveG
crholmstrom
tommycharles
crholmstrom

smileys with beer

To Valholl Brewing!

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: November 23, 2018 07:54

I'll be coming from Edgewood, a Wednesday night might be some extra traffic but I always have success parking on 1st Ave. Easy access and easy exit.
I'm very excited! saw them in '94 at the Kingdome and '02 at the Tacoma Dome. It will be nice to see them in a outdoor stadium 17 years later! (Most likely the last time in Seattle)

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 23, 2018 10:03

U2Stonesfan
I'll be coming from Edgewood, a Wednesday night might be some extra traffic but I always have success parking on 1st Ave. Easy access and easy exit.
I'm very excited! saw them in '94 at the Kingdome and '02 at the Tacoma Dome. It will be nice to see them in a outdoor stadium 17 years later! (Most likely the last time in Seattle)

See you there. I doubt they will return to Canada. I did hear on radio they could do 6 dates from ,,mid Aug to Sept but I cant see that. Think this tour is a final goodbye.But we will see,always hope. I was at Quest Field in 2005.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-23 10:08 by babyblue.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 23, 2018 12:41

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: November 24, 2018 19:14

Sorry if this was asked before: any guesses what ticket prices in Seattle will be? Lucky dips (when? available?
Thanks and cheers!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 24, 2018 19:49

Definitely want to use the light rail. If you're visiting, you may want to try to stay at an Air BnB. Capitol Hill, The U-District and Columbia City are all neighborhoods with stops on the light rail line that also have several restaurants, a variety of shops, bars and music venues. The College Inn in the U-District is reasonably priced, a short walk to the rail line, and has a good pub in it's basement with billiards and a fireplace (hopefully, the weather will be too warm for that, but May can be dodgy).

Date: November 25, 2018 19:43

Full page ad for show in the Seattle Times this morning.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 25, 2018 20:11

Born and raised in Seattle, (first show in '75 and every one since), but have pretty much always preferred seeing them outta town.
Even as close as Vancouver, or perhaps especially Vancouver cool smiley.

The crowds have always been better pretty much anywhere else imo. Keith, I believe, referred to us as "terminally mellow" or similar in Life, long after I had dubbed the fans here that on my own.

Perhaps with no other NW shows this time and a healthy influx of fans from elsewhere, along with a lot of time for promo, we can help change Keith's (accurate) perception cool smiley. Oh, wait. Just remembered weed is legal here now since the last show, so we may actually be more mellow smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 20:15 by MisterDDDD.

Date: November 25, 2018 21:17

MisterDDDD
Born and raised in Seattle, (first show in '75 and every one since), but have pretty much always preferred seeing them outta town.

The crowds have always been better pretty much anywhere else imo. Keith, I believe, referred to us as "terminally mellow" or similar in Life, long after I had dubbed the fans here that on my own.

Perhaps with no other NW shows this time and a healthy influx of fans from elsewhere, along with a lot of time for promo, we can help change Keith's (accurate) perception cool smiley. Oh, wait. Just remembered weed is legal here now since the last show, so we may actually be more mellow smoking smiley

something tells me that Keith may enjoy that development, too!

Date: November 25, 2018 21:37

crholmstrom
something tells me that Keith may enjoy that development, too!

True enough thumbs up

Date: November 27, 2018 18:17

Early prediction (hope) for Seattle opener.

Eddy Vedder *solo- Who also then joins the band as a guest for IORR cool smiley

Posted by: rara ()
Date: December 5, 2018 16:54

spotted in Seattle:
(not my video)

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 5, 2018 17:08

rara
spotted in Seattle:
(not my video)

[www.youtube.com]

Well I followed her,
to the station...

thumbs up

Date: December 5, 2018 17:23

At the Seahawks game on Sunday, there was a very loud announcement over the PA system about the concert, with Satisfaction playing along with video.

Date: December 24, 2018 05:25

Four..

Three..

One!!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 24, 2018 05:39

MisterDDDD

Well I'm coming down from Vancouver and will be screaming at the top of my lungs, so that may add to the ambience.

Anyone with suggestions on the best mode of travel from Vancouver? Train, Bus, Car and where to stay that is relatively close to stadium?

Date: December 24, 2018 05:54

treaclefingers

Well I'm coming down from Vancouver and will be screaming at the top of my lungs, so that may add to the ambience.

Anyone with suggestions on the best mode of travel from Vancouver? Train, Bus, Car and where to stay that is relatively close to stadium?

Driving is always best.. have done them all, would not necessarily drive to the stadium though.
There is a new(ish) light rail system that takes you very close to the stadium.
Budget and what you want to do is always a consideration, but I would recommend staying near a light rail stop (University District, Capitol Hill, South Seattle) if not wanting to stay right downtown.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 24, 2018 11:13

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

Driving is always best.. have done them all, would not necessarily drive to the stadium though.
Budget and what you want to do is always a consideration, but I would recommend staying near a light rail stop (University District, Capitol Hill, South Seattle) if not wanting to stay right downtown.

As far as public transportation, Boltbus is the cheapest and quickest. Only stops in Bellingham briefly (and the border of course, sometimes not so briefly, though). The train is nice and scenic, but leaves early, is pricey, and creeps along a good part of the way. It also stops at the US border for 10 - 15 min.

Date: December 24, 2018 15:02

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers

I wrote this before but worth saying again. Good option for hotel is near the airport. There are a lot of choices more reasonably priced than downtown & there is a light rail stop on highway 99 there that will take you right to the stadium for very little money. Some friends did that at labor day & were very happy with the choice.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home