Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Santa Clara CA USA (near San Jose) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 17, 2019 05:31

1985jayer
Thanks guys for the info, the vta looks good. I didn’t think the 902 ran late, just the train to SF did.

It doesn't, but they make an exception for special events. I called to confirm the Stones situation, and the lady said there will be service until an hour after the "official" end. We should be good.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 17, 2019 06:53

Anybody coming from the Sacramento area, like myself?

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: August 17, 2019 16:08

On our flight from Texas to Oakland and then our drive to Santa Clara. Show number 8 on this tour for us. Ready to rock tomorrow night.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 17, 2019 17:19

Beautiful morning here in Santa Clara!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 17, 2019 20:29

Nice pic MisterDDDD - it's always nice to wake up for an early morning stroll w/Rolling Stones trucks there to greet you!

smiling smiley

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: August 17, 2019 20:58

Oh yeah! Heading out tomorrow mid-day. Can't wait! I suspect there will be quite a few of us heading down 80.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 17, 2019 21:04

erbissell
Another option for getting back to the city: [www.rhythmshuttle.com]

Thank you! Just what I need.

Date: August 18, 2019 00:26

Quite an adventurous day so far - bumped into Bjornulf earlier down in the lobby for a quick hello, then meandered around the stadium soaking in the vibe. Started chatting with one of the merch truck drivers who hauls around the giant merch trailers from show to show, and had a nice conversation for about 20 minutes. I then asked him if he had another spare NoFilter bumper sticker that was displayed on his truck and while he said he didn't, he asked what size t-shirt I wear and then told me to wait a minute. He went digging around his truck, and lo and behold he brought out two of these t-shirts and handed them to me! He said they weren't sold at the merch stands as they were official crew shirts. The coolest guy on earth!!! thumbs up

Front:

Back:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 00:30 by Hairball.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: August 18, 2019 00:32

Weird/cool. I bought that shirt in the lot in foxboro.

Date: August 18, 2019 00:36

It does have a semi-bootleg look to it (the back is a bit cluttery with the Honk tongue, etc), but according to this guy they were made for the crew.
Maybe one of the crew in Foxboro decided to make some extra money by selling off his extras?!!!
Whatever the case, this cool guy is giving them away for free!thumbs up

EDIT: slow/crap internet connection w/pages being slow to load- hence the multiple edits

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 00:40 by Hairball.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: August 18, 2019 00:54

I think you’re prob right about that. They probably made it on their own and funded their run of shirts by selling a few in the lot.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 18, 2019 01:03

Hairball
Quite an adventurous day so far - bumped into Bjornulf earlier down in the lobby for a quick hello, then meandered around the stadium soaking in the vibe. Started chatting with one of the merch truck drivers who hauls around the giant merch trailers from show to show, and had a nice conversation for about 20 minutes. I then asked him if he had another spare NoFilter bumper sticker that was displayed on his truck and while he said he didn't, he asked what size t-shirt I wear and then told me to wait a minute. He went digging around his truck, and lo and behold he brought out two of these t-shirts and handed them to me! He said they weren't sold at the merch stands as they were official crew shirts. The coolest guy on earth!!! thumbs up

Congrats from waterrats, Hairball! That suits you well! Great tees! thumbs upsmiling bouncing smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 01:03 by waterrats.

Date: August 18, 2019 01:09

Have seen those same shirts in Chicagoand Seattle.
New York had even cooler polo style they were sporting smiling smiley

My bet is a bunch of these were made for the tour.
Just tell me how many beers/drinks for one HB,
and when to meet you in the lobby cool smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 18, 2019 01:28

That's a great story Hairball! What a cool guy.

Have a fantastic show.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 18, 2019 02:15

Hairball
Quite an adventurous day so far - bumped into Bjornulf earlier down in the lobby for a quick hello, then meandered around the stadium soaking in the vibe. Started chatting with one of the merch truck drivers who hauls around the giant merch trailers from show to show, and had a nice conversation for about 20 minutes. I then asked him if he had another spare NoFilter bumper sticker that was displayed on his truck and while he said he didn't, he asked what size t-shirt I wear and then told me to wait a minute. He went digging around his truck, and lo and behold he brought out two of these t-shirts and handed them to me! He said they weren't sold at the merch stands as they were official crew shirts. The coolest guy...

great story smileys with beer

Date: August 18, 2019 02:39

Cheers waterrats, peoplewitheyes, and maumau...I've been lucky today!
Mentioned to the front desk about crappy/slow internet, and they were so cool they waived my $15/daily parking fees, and also took a chunk of $$$ off the price of my room!
Also mentioned daspyknows is driving in for the show tomorrow, and asked how much an extra parking pass would be. They said normally $50 for additional vehicles, but he handed me one for free!
Hope all this good fortune and positive vibes hold up for tomorrow as I have Lucky Dips and will be taking daspyknows' son for his first Stones concert!!!
For his sake, let the Lucky Dip Gods shine a light on us!smiling smiley

MisterDDDD

Already spoken for MisterDDDD sorry, but will take you up on your offer for free drinks! lol
I'll make it easy on you and will settle for ice water!smiling smiley
Will be down in lobby in a few minutes, and then off to get some dinner.
Then might head over to shidoobee party later at The Hut to see a few old friends - starts at 8:00-ish.

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 02:39

On cocktail #2 at the Hyatt, celebrating Stone’s Eve !!
WHOO WHOO!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 18, 2019 03:05

Hairball
Cheers waterrats, peoplewitheyes, and maumau...I've been lucky today!
Mentioned to the front desk about crappy/slow internet, and they were so cool they waived my $15/daily parking fees, and also took a chunk of $$$ off the price of my room!
Also mentioned daspyknows is driving in for the show tomorrow, and asked how much an extra parking pass would be. They said normally $50 for additional vehicles, but he handed me one for free!
Hope all this good fortune and positive vibes hold up for tomorrow as I have Lucky Dips and will be taking daspyknows' son for his first Stones concert!!!
For his sake, let the Lucky Dip Gods shine a light on us!smiling smiley

MisterDDDD

Already spoken for MisterDDDD sorry, but will take you up on your offer for free drinks! lol
I'll make it easy on you and will settle for ice water!smiling smiley
Will be down in lobby in a few minutes, and then off to get some dinner.
Then might head over to shidoobee party later at The Hut to see a few old friends - starts at 8:00-ish.

This is much appreciated. Looking forward to it. See you tomorrow.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 03:29

joshbg2k
Weird/cool. I bought that shirt in the lot in foxboro.

I bought that shirt after Denver for $10. Before the show they were $20. iIt is a cool shirt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 03:50 by kv2915.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 18, 2019 03:40

Yeah, saw it in Denver too.

plexi

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: August 18, 2019 06:05

what time does merch open for sale tomorrow?

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: August 18, 2019 06:08

I caught a glimpse of the local edition tee shirts, it has the GGB with a Tongue rising from the fog. I don’t know how to post pics here, but I did post several over at Shidoobee. I’ll probably get one of these.

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 10:22

Date: August 18, 2019 18:27

Love the shirt!!
Thanks for posting..

Also love.. Show day!!!
Going to be A GREAT one! cool smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 18, 2019 18:36

Hairball
Woz
I booked at the Marriott on Mission College Boulevard for $289 before the shows were officially announced. I am curious how that rate is now.

I just liked.....yokes! More that twice what I got. Thanks BV!

Now you have me curious...
I booked the decent Avatar Hotel right across the street from the Marriott for Fri and Sat at $118/night via priceline express deal- it has now nearly tripled in price for the same nights! eye popping smiley
Might not be as fancy as a Marriott (rated a 3 star), but it looks nice, is conveniently located, and has overall positive reviews on trip advisor.
Plus it has an onsite International House of Pancakes lol...winking smiley

georgie48
Woz
m
There are a few in walking distance..... a Marriott, a Hilton and a couple of others, but I imagine they are all booked for that night at this point.

Thanks. I'll try anyway cool smiley

Good luck georgie - would be great to see you there. thumbs up

Im at the avatar too but thinking drinks at the Hyatt bar after the show - look for sequins

Re: Levi - younger kids
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 18, 2019 18:40

MisterDDDD
longlongwinter
Sorry if posted before but bringing my 8 and 10yr old boys to the gig in Bay Area. If we did the pit would they even be able to see? Does it get packed or can you lay be against wall opposite stage and look up?
I think floor is tough so other option is lower on the side.

Pits on this leg of the tour have been very crowded, all the way to the back rail so I wouldn't recommend it for the kids. If you can do the side lower level tix, they are fantastic. I've been to four shows this leg, three times in the pit and once on the lower side front row and would take those over pit myself for the last few shows I'm going to fwiw cool smiley

Won’t see in Pit. My 9 yeAr old grandson was in the 211 section in Seattle and it wa perfect. Not even sure kids are allowed in the pit

Date: August 18, 2019 19:05

Good to be here, good to be here, good to be here, good to be here, good to be here, good to be here, good to be here.... good to be right here in Santa Clara, and not anywhere else....
Woke up with this mantra in my head this morning. smiling smiley

As for the show t-shirt w/Golden Gate Bridge smothered in fog- a bit underwhelming at first glance though it's difficult to tell in that massive pic above.
Looks to be a few steps above the drab Denver design, but might have to pass on the t-shirt. Will probably still want the poster though!

sarahunwin
Im at the avatar too but thinking drinks at the Hyatt bar after the show - look for sequins

Hi sarahunwin - that reservation was loooong ago pre-postponement and is now obsolete! Just before new date announced booked at the Hyatt next to stadium along with a bunch of others before prices skyrocketed.
So far I've seen Bjornulf and quite a few members from here including plexi, and for the first time I met MisterDDDD, swimtothemoon, and several others yesterday.
Good people, good times, and see you at the Hyatt post-show.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 19:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 18, 2019 19:55

Hairball
Good to be here, good to be here, good to be here, good to be here, good to be here, good to be here, good to be here.... good to be right here in Santa Clara, and not anywhere else....

As for the show t-shirt w/Golden Gate Bridge smothered in fog- a bit underwhelming at first glance though it's difficult to tell in that massive pic above.
Looks to be a few steps above the drab Denver design, but might have to pass on the t-shirt. Will probably still want the poster though!

sarahunwin

Hi sarahunwin - that reservation was loooong ago pre-postponement and is now obsolete! Just before new date announced booked at the Hyatt next to stadium along with a bunch of others before prices skyrocketed.
So far I've seen Bjornulf and quite a few members from here including plexi, and for the first time I met MisterDDDD, swimtothemoon, and several others yesterday.

Going to be a great day. Will give you a ring when I am close. Excited for a great day and a great show tonight. Wish I could join at the bar after the show but my son isn't 21 and my client put an 8AM call on my calendar.

I do like the 49ers Stones shirt but bought a shirt in NJ and not sure I need ANOTHER shirt. We will see, My son promised to buy a friend a shirt so he will need to hit merch in any event.

Date: August 18, 2019 20:04

daspyknows
Hairball

sarahunwin

Going to be a great day. Will give you a ring when I am close. Excited for a great day and a great show tonight. Wish I could join at the bar after the show but my son isn't 21 and my client put an 8AM call on my calendar.

I do like the 49ers Stones shirt but bought a shirt in NJ and not sure I need ANOTHER shirt. We will see, My son promised to buy a friend a shirt so he will need to hit merch in any event.

Had a better look at a better pic of litho in another thread, and it's a bit nicer than my first impression.
Want the poster, but t-shirt on white is a bit underwhelming...pass.

And being from down south, not a fan of the 49ers by any stretch of the imagination, and would probably burn it if someone gave it to me for free. winking smiley

Cheers daspyknows - it' gonna be fun! thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 18, 2019 21:20

The Rolling Stones: "Good morning Santa Clara! Let us know if we’ll be seeing you later at the Levi’s Stadium"

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home