Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Levi - younger kids
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 8, 2019 14:47

I did the pit in Philly with an 8 year old (Pit 1 Ronnie Wood side). I stood at the far hand side against the railing & it was fine. There was a bit of a crush getting onto the filed in Philly that freaked him but other than that it was great.

Re: Levi - younger kids
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 8, 2019 17:52

MisterDDDD
longlongwinter
Sorry if posted before but bringing my 8 and 10yr old boys to the gig in Bay Area. If we did the pit would they even be able to see? Does it get packed or can you lay be against wall opposite stage and look up?
I think floor is tough so other option is lower on the side.

Pits on this leg of the tour have been very crowded, all the way to the back rail so I wouldn't recommend it for the kids. If you can do the side lower level tix, they are fantastic. I've been to four shows this leg, three times in the pit and once on the lower side front row and would take those over pit myself for the last few shows I'm going to fwiw cool smiley

I agree with MisterDDDD, the pit is just a bad choice for Kids. I have seen a couple kids in the pit and they look pretty miserable - staring at the back of
the person in front of them. They would get much more enjoyment out of a seat along the sides or even the back. The video screens are huge.

Re: Santa Clara CA USA (near San Jose) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2019 01:19

Just received "Event Reminder: The Rolling Stones: 2019 No Filter Tour" email from Ticketmaster....

TEN DAYS TO GO!!! smiling smiley

Date: August 9, 2019 02:33

Are there any hotels within walking distance after the show that are not over $400 a night?

Anyone local have suggestions? It looks like there are not many options on this.

Posted by: TheMariner ()
Date: August 13, 2019 19:21

Is anyone driving Seattle -> Santa Clara -> Los Angeles and has space left for 1 person in their car?

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 13, 2019 20:48

It looks like concerts at Levi's Stadium have a 10pm curfew on weeknights (11pm on Friday and Saturday).

Start time is listed as 7:30.

Considering taking CalTrain from SF and back. Could be a long night.

Date: August 13, 2019 20:49

Also, PIT tix are now face ($495 + fees)...

Date: August 14, 2019 01:59

Just got email confirmation from Levi's Stadium that curfew is 10pm.

Hoping that the opener starts earlier.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 15, 2019 22:42

cyclist
Just got email confirmation from Levi's Stadium that curfew is 10pm.

Hoping that the opener starts earlier.

Not much new info here, but I agree, it is nearly certain that they will break the 10pm curfew:
[www.mercurynews.com]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 00:14

[www.laweekly.com]

You can’t always get what you want, but if you can afford the princely ransom necessary to acquire tickets, you’ll get about 20 of the Stones’ more popular standards. (If you’re lucky, you’ll also get a relative rarity like “She’s a Rainbow” or “Monkey Man” instead of generically dreary fillers like “You Got Me Rocking.”) Mick Jagger is still impressively energetic onstage just months after undergoing a heart-valve procedure, although his vocals are more mannered than sincere or soulfully engaging these days. Keith Richards’ once-mighty guitar growl has been sonically reduced to a cleaner, quieter yacht-rock tone on recent tours, while Ron Wood apparently still thinks he’s the new guy as he fumbles his way through Mick Taylor’s parts. Even diminished, the unholy triumvirate of Jagger, Richards and Charlie Watts occasionally let some sparks of the ancient magic fly. With Kaleo.

The Rose Bowl, 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena; Thurs., Aug. 22, 7:30 p.m.; $210-$497. (626) 577-3100, www.rosebowlstadium.com.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: August 16, 2019 00:45

"Keith Richards’ once-mighty guitar growl has been sonically reduced to a cleaner, quieter yacht-rock tone on recent tours,
while Ron Wood apparently still thinks he’s the new guy as he fumbles his way through Mick Taylor’s parts".

Lol...yacht rock? grinning smiley

Date: August 16, 2019 01:18

It's been hot hot hot, over 100 degrees the last couple days here. Sunday looks like it's going to be pretty nice though!

Date: August 16, 2019 01:29

Getting ready to blaze a trail up north tomorrow - plenty of Stones and Beatles cd's for the journey!
Trying to find some good BBQ in the area, or a great burger joint, or some nice Mexican food...any recommendation?

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 16, 2019 01:55

I just got the email from Levi's Stadium.

It says showtime is 7:30PM, which means that is what time the support act will begin.

Most likely the Stones will be on no earlier than 8:30PM so I can't see a 10PM curfew being stuck to.

On another note, I've been following the weather forecast and I can't believe that there is such a difference in the weather in San Fransico and Santa Clara. They're so close yet Santa Clara is so much warmer.

Looking forward to the show! My first on this tour and travelling from England tomorrow 16th!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 16, 2019 02:49

anyone plan on taking public transit after show to san francisco?
is even possible?

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: August 16, 2019 02:59

artedm
anyone plan on taking public transit after show to san francisco?
is even possible?

You can take a light rail VTA bus (outside the stadium) to CalTrain in Mountain View, then take CalTrain to San Francisco (it stops near AT&T Park). Look up the Levis's Stadium website for details.

Date: August 16, 2019 03:46

I'm a little worried about taking CalTrain after the show. Anyone have experience with that?

There's a shuttle bus (from a private company) that goes from the Marina district in San Francisco to the stadium and back: [www.eventbrite.com]

The company, Mride, has good reviews, but I've never taken them.

Date: August 16, 2019 03:47

Mr Jimmy
I just got the email from Levi's Stadium.

It says showtime is 7:30PM, which means that is what time the support act will begin.

Most likely the Stones will be on no earlier than 8:30PM so I can't see a 10PM curfew being stuck to.

On another note, I've been following the weather forecast and I can't believe that there is such a difference in the weather in San Fransico and Santa Clara. They're so close yet Santa Clara is so much warmer.

Looking forward to the show! My first on this tour and travelling from England tomorrow 16th!

No way will there be any curfew, and I wouldn't even worry about it.

As for the weather, it's similar down here in Ventura County. At the coast where I live we've been having a bit of fog that burns off around noon-ish, not to mention the cool winds from the ocean breeze.
But just a couple of miles inland, the temps start getting drastically warmer, and where my sister lives apprx. 10 mile inland it can get hotter than hell with no beach, breeze, or fog to cool things down.

Safe travels Mr Jimmy - it's going to be a gas, gas, gas!smiling smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 16, 2019 09:17

cyclist
I'm a little worried about taking CalTrain after the show. Anyone have experience with that?

There's a shuttle bus (from a private company) that goes from the Marina district in San Francisco to the stadium and back: [www.eventbrite.com]

I took this train even before the end of the first of the two 50th anniversary Dead shows at Levi's in 2015 and by the time we got back to our hotel on the Embarcadero in San Francisco, it was 3:10 am. That was the first year the stadium was opened, things may have changed since then.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-16 09:20 by timbernardis.

Date: August 16, 2019 18:23

timbernardis
cyclist

I took this train even before the end of the first of the two 50th anniversary Dead shows at Levi's in 2015 and by the time we got back to our hotel on the Embarcadero in San Francisco, it was 3:10 am. That was the first year the stadium was opened, things may have changed since then.

plexi

The site says the train will leave Mountain View 75 minutes after the show(you have to take VTA to get over there), so assuming the show ends at 11, you'll be leaving Mountain View at 12:15 and have around an hour and a half ride from there. Caltrain doesn't run "bullet" trains that late so the trains will stop at all stations. 3am to the Embarcadero sounds about right unfortunately.

If I was using public transit, I'd take the train/VTA down to the show and then just suck up an uber home, the longer you wait and the farther you can walk from levi's the cheaper but plan on 60-100$.

Caltrain will be pretty fun heading down to the show, it's clean and will be full of fun concert goers...and they allow alcohol/open containers before 9pm.

Date: August 16, 2019 18:29

cyclist

I've heard the bus is fun, also had a friend that couldn't find it after a shoreline show one time and wasn't able to contact them - might not have been the bus companies fault though...

Looks like that bus picks up at Jaxson in the Marina, I wouldn't recommend going in there it's like a wanna-be-frat-bro-fake-cowboy bar

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 16, 2019 18:39

powerage78
[www.laweekly.com]

You can’t always get what you want, but if you can afford the princely ransom necessary to acquire tickets, you’ll get about 20 of the Stones’ more popular standards. (If you’re lucky, you’ll also get a relative rarity like “She’s a Rainbow” or “Monkey Man” instead of generically dreary fillers like “You Got Me Rocking.”) Mick Jagger is still impressively energetic onstage just months after undergoing a heart-valve procedure, although his vocals are more mannered than sincere or soulfully engaging these days. Keith Richards’ once-mighty guitar growl has been sonically reduced to a cleaner, quieter yacht-rock tone on recent tours, while Ron Wood apparently still thinks he’s the new guy as he fumbles his way through Mick Taylor’s parts. Even diminished, the unholy triumvirate of Jagger, Richards and Charlie Watts occasionally let some sparks of the ancient magic fly. With Kaleo.

The Rose Bowl, 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena; Thurs., Aug. 22, 7:30 p.m.; $210-$497. (626) 577-3100, www.rosebowlstadium.com.

What a snotty write up! Look at how hip and clever I am.

Date: August 16, 2019 20:42

erbissell

I've heard the bus is fun, also had a friend that couldn't find it after a shoreline show one time and wasn't able to contact them - might not have been the bus companies fault though...

Looks like that bus picks up at Jaxson in the Marina, I wouldn't recommend going in there it's like a wanna-be-frat-bro-fake-cowboy bar

Yeah! I've lived in SF for ten years and somehow I've managed to avoid the Marina. So this will probably be a first and a last for me.

Presumably all the tech bros will be driving their Teslas down to the show. They don't need a party bus.

Date: August 17, 2019 01:38

Another option for getting back to the city: [www.rhythmshuttle.com]

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: August 17, 2019 02:11

What the vote song options for Santa Clara?

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: August 17, 2019 02:56

Any shuttles from San Jose to stadium? I’m staying downtown and need to get to stadium. I see the corridor train goes there but too late for return to San Jose. Will it be nuts to try and get a uber after the show? I have a rental car and could drive but that means only 1 beer. Thanks and can’t wait, flying out tomorrow from Chicago.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: August 17, 2019 03:08

1985jayer, have you looked at VTA from downtown SJ to Levi’s?

[www.vta.org]

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 17, 2019 03:09

1985jayer
Any shuttles from San Jose to stadium? I’m staying downtown and need to get to stadium. I see the corridor train goes there but too late for return to San Jose. Will it be nuts to try and get a uber after the show? I have a rental car and could drive but that means only 1 beer. Thanks and can’t wait, flying out tomorrow from Chicago.

Not a local, but I know that VTA (Valley Transportation Authority) services will run for an extra hour after the end of the show. So you could take the 902 light rail to (and from) downtown San Jose, at $2.50 each way.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: August 17, 2019 03:37

Thanks guys for the info, the vta looks good. I didn’t think the 902 ran late, just the train to SF did.

Date: August 17, 2019 04:23

View from the Hyatt Regency 8th floor - a stones throw away.

Thanks to Woz for posting rumoured rescheduled dates as I was able to get a great rate here (apprx. $116/night)- the front desk clerk mentioned rooms on concert night now booking at $400.

Email from Hyatt after checking in with some pertinent info (along with some some useless info) for those staying here and those that are not:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara!
We are very excited for the Rolling Stones concert taking place at Levi’s Stadium this Sunday, August 18th at 7:30pm.
To ensure that your plans run smoothly, we would like to share some additional information about local city and hotel operations. Traffic will be heavier than usual prior to the event and throughout the evening. Please plan in some additional time if coming and going from the hotel between 2pm and 12am.

For guests checking in on Sunday, we do not recommend driving to the hotel after the conclusion of the event, between the hours of 10pm-12am, as this is the time the roadways will be the most impacted.
If you will be arriving to Santa Clara during that time, there are many great shopping centers and restaurants available in the area to visit prior to checking in, to avoid the roadway congestion. Please feel free to reach out to us and we can send you a list of suggestions.
If you do decide to drive to the hotel on Great America Parkway from HWY 101 between the hours of 10pm-12am, Santa Clara Police Department asks you to use the following route:

From N/B or S/B HWY 101:

Exit onto Great America Parkway North and stay in the far right lane.
You will see an electronic sign board that reads “Hotel Guests Only”
Contact the on-duty Traffic Officer at the sign board and explain your destination.
You will be directed to continue N/B Great America Parkway until you reach your destination.

**Note: On Great America Parkway you may encounter an additional checkpoint, just explain to the on-duty Traffic Officer your destination and they will allow you to proceed when safe.

Ride Share Services

Ride share services will not be able to drive up to the hotel’s main entrance at the conclusion of the event. There is a special pick up area about a 5 minute walk from the hotel on Great America Pkwy.

Check-In Time

The hotel anticipates a heavy amount of early arrivals prior to our standard 3:00pm check-in time. If you would like to guarantee a 12pm early arrival please contact the hotel and we can add this on to your reservation for a one-time $50 early check-in fee. This will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note if you have special requests for connecting rooms, to be near friends, or specific view/locations this may delay your check in time beyond 3:00pm so we may assure you receive your requests.

Parking

Self-parking is available for registered hotel guests at a charge of $15 for the first car per room. Any additional vehicles will be at a charge of $50.
You can utilize either the front lot directly across from the main entrance for which you will receive a parking pass at check in or your key will get you into our gated lot just past the main entrance.
We also have valet parking available at $24 per night. Simply pull up to our main entrance and one of our attendants would be more than happy to assist you with this as well as your luggage.
If you have friends joining you we will also have event parking available at $50 for non-registered hotel guests on a first come first serve basis.

Special Hotel Offerings

We have cabanas available for rent at out pool deck for you to relax prior to the concert. This can be reserved by reaching out to the hotel. The cost for the cabanas ranges from $30 for half a day (3pm - 7pm) to $60 for a full day (11am – 7pm).
Our newly renovated Regency Club will be available for you this weekend. Breakfast is served from 6am until 10am, hors d’ouevres from 5pm until 8pm and dessert from 8pm until 9pm as well as beverages and light snacks throughout the day.
If you would like to upgrade to the Club please reach out to the hotel and we can add this on for a nightly fee of $120 for up to 4 guests per room; please note this will be available on a first-come, first serve basis.

Levi’s Stadium Bag Policy:

If this is your first trip to Levi’s Stadium please be well aware of their strict bag policy. Link is below with specific details (the line for drop off and pick up of bags can be up to 1 hour) [www.levisstadium.com]

We hope this information assists you in planning for your stay with us! We truly appreciate your patronage and look forward to providing you with an enjoyable stay.
If you have any questions or if there is any way that we may be of assistance, we can be reached by:

· Phone (408)200-1234

· Text (408)556-9992

· E-mail qualityclara@hyatt.com

Sincerely,

Your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Family

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home