Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Pasadena CA USA (near Los Angeles) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 14, 2019 00:12

What is the next best hotel option besides Pasadena? Burbank? Glendale?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 14, 2019 03:52

kv2915

Just me, I'd rather be in Glendale. More amusing and safe, and a little closer to Pasadena.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 14, 2019 18:11

MKjan
kv2915

Just me, I'd rather be in Glendale. More amusing and safe, and a little closer to Pasadena.

I'm staying at the Hilton in Glendale, looks like those hotels are full or filling up now too though.

Date: August 16, 2019 07:36

Any tips for driving in/out of the Rose Bowl? What do they charge for parking?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 12:31

Angus lives in LA

rogerriffin
powerage78
Really hope Angus Young will be there, at least backstage with Keith like in Düsseldorf.

something why are you thinking that? or only love for both bands and hope?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 17, 2019 08:08

Email w/general info. sent from the Rose Bowl, including snazzy animated video > It's Only Rock'N'Roll

Rolling Stones @ The Rose Bowl August 22, 2019

ROLLING STONES "NO FILTER" TOUR
THURSDAY, AUGUST 22, 2019
ARRIVE EARLY - DON'T RISK MISSING THE CONCERT!

ROLLING STONES WEEKDAY CONCERT IS SOLD OUT!!

Plan to get to the Stadium early - We recommend arriving no later than 5:00 PM on Thursday, August 22nd so you can limit commuter weekday traffic!
Los Angeles traffic is very challenging on the best of days, and having a sold out Rolling Stones Concert could make the drive to the Rose Bowl Stadium a brutal one and even risk missing the show!

KEY TIMING FOR THE ROLLING STONES "NO FILTER" TOUR
Special Guest - KALEO

3:30 PM - Rose Bowl Stadium Parking Opens
3:30 PM - FanFest Opens in Lot 1A
3:30 PM - Park & Ride Shuttle Operations Begins
5:00 PM & 6:30 PM - Rolling Stones VIP Dinner Seatings
5:30 PM - Gates Open
7:30 PM - Concert Begins

THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT PARKING OR OVERNIGHT CAMPING PERMITTED IN THE ARROYO SECO OR ON ROSE BOWL STADIUM PROPERTY.
ROSE BOWL STADIUM PARKING

ROSE BOWL STADIUM BAG POLICY
The Rose Bowl Stadium has implemented a clear bag policy for all events at the Rose Bowl Stadium. We encourage fans to conform to the policy prior to arriving at the Rose Bowl Stadium.
Otherwise large purses and bags must be returned to vehicle or checked in at one of the 2 check-in tents (please note these are not individual lockers) Gate C and Gate N for a fee of $10.
Additionally, fans who plan to check-in their bags or purses, please plan for long lines to check-in your item and for longer lines at the conclusion of the event.

GATE ENTRY POLICY
To minimize hassles and delays at the security check at each gate fans are required to arrive with approved clear bags no larger than 12" x 6" x 12".
All fans will be asked to remove cell phones, cameras, sunglass cases and other large metal objects from their pockets before walking through a metal detector.
If the device detects something, the guest will be checked with a hand-held wand, with further security follow-up, if needed.

Follow the Rose Bowl Stadium on Facebook & Twitter on the day of event to get up to date traffic and parking information @RoseBowlStadium

Date: August 17, 2019 08:31

What is the parking charge at RB? Nothing in that long note about cost to park.

Date: August 17, 2019 08:38

I think I read somewhere it's $50 - maybe someone can confirm.
Or you might want to read back through thread, or look at Rose Bowl website.

EDIT: found on Rose Bowl website: Stones2019

PARKING

Parking lots will open to the general public at 3:30 PM hours, on event day. Guests will be directed to the closest available lot.
For your safety and the enjoyment of all, we ask that you please help by observing the tailgating guidelines.

GENERAL PARKING
General Parking in Brookside Park and Golf Course are sold by the Rose Bowl Stadium, for $40 per car, in advance and $50 on event day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-17 08:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: August 17, 2019 11:36

One question about tickets with the original dates. A rep at Ticketmaster told me that I need to bring my order number, photo ID, last 4 digits of the credit card I used, and go to Will Call an hour before the show, and they will trade them in for new tickets. Has anyone had to do this at any of the shows yet? I think he is wrong. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-17 11:41 by laurel.

Date: August 19, 2019 07:04

I am stoked for Pasadena although I STILL do not have a ticket. Hoping some shake loose tomorrow.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: August 19, 2019 11:32

Oh boy, times have sure changed... $40/$50 parking is some bullshit right there. I'd sooner walk an hour to the show and buy an extra shirt or drinks or nothing than feed those toll trolls.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 19, 2019 18:17

@Rose Bowl Stadium
#TBT - to 1994 when one of the greatest rock bands of all time the @RollingStones, brought down the house at the #RoseBowl! We can’t wait to see them a week from today for the #NoFilterTour

Date: August 19, 2019 18:47

That's a great pic rogerriffin - you can see how bowl-like it really is.
I was there for one of the shows w/Buddy Guy and Red Hot Chili Peppers opening - looking forward to revisiting with the Stones back in Southern California in 2019!!!smiling smiley

The stadium has alot of history to it: Rose Bowl

Date: August 19, 2019 19:07

Hairball, this was one of the points why i choose this venue for the tour, the history of the stadium (i think is most beautiful than others), also is more cheap for me travel from Mexico to LA than any other of the cities...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 20, 2019 13:56

Really good guitar shop in Pasadena - Wild West Guitars ( I wanted to go to this show and the Rose Bowl as well )

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 20, 2019 17:35

laurel
One question about tickets with the original dates. A rep at Ticketmaster told me that I need to bring my order number, photo ID, last 4 digits of the credit card I used, and go to Will Call an hour before the show, and they will trade them in for new tickets. Has anyone had to do this at any of the shows yet? I think he is wrong. Thanks!

What? I didn't hear anything about that, are you sure? I will try to call ticketmaster to ask.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 20, 2019 18:59

Anyone plan on taking public transit after show back to la? Walking back to subway?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 20, 2019 23:36

I have one extra lucky dip for Rose Bowl. $45 cash only, exact change. Planning to pick up ticket at 5:30. Email me if interested

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 23:47

JadedFaded
I have one extra lucky dip for Rose Bowl. $45 cash only, exact change. Planning to pick up ticket at 5:30. Email me if interested

Email sent!

Date: August 21, 2019 00:17

Wondering what the exclusive football t-shirt design will be considering there is no NFL team that plays there.
Could be UCLA as it's been their home turf since 1982, and the UCLA marching band did the show announcement here- Rose Bowl Announces Rolling Stones Concert In May 2019
But will they make an exclusive design based on a University football team? If so, thankfully they're not playing at the L.A. Coliseum as thats USC Trojan turf, and they're complete crap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-21 00:18 by Hairball.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 21, 2019 00:26

They have a contract with the NFL so I have to believe it will be either the Rams or the Chargers even though neither play in the Rose Bowl. They are both LA teams.

Date: August 21, 2019 00:30

If that's the case keefmick, hoping for the Rams!thumbs up

Date: August 21, 2019 00:33

I hope they dont release any of NFL that do not play in the Rose Bowl, i do preffer two kind of event designs shirts

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 21, 2019 01:21

Extra LD is taken

Posted by: rustytrinket ()
Date: August 21, 2019 01:24

Anyone else losing sleep thanks to pre-show excitement? smiling bouncing smiley Hoping for pit with my Lucky Dips. By the way, if any other Pasadena Lucky Dippers draw pit and prefer seats (in the rare chance), message/email me. If I drew seats and you’re happy with my tickets, I’m open to swapping.

rogerriffin
I hope they dont release any of NFL that do not play in the Rose Bowl, i do preffer two kind of event designs shirts

I agree. It’d be kinda odd since no NFL team plays there. Hoping for a nice Rose Bowl design shirt. That lithograph might be of interest too.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 21, 2019 01:35

2014Slayer
laurel

What? I didn't hear anything about that, are you sure? I will try to call ticketmaster to ask.

Spoke with Ticketmaster and they said original tickets for original dates are honored as is, no need to exchange them.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: August 21, 2019 03:29

some new rather cheap (limited) side view side stage tickets avaibale now at ticketmaster and section 13H 14H first level for 147 USD!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-21 03:38 by Stoneswolf.

Date: August 21, 2019 03:45

I saw some lower bowl tix popping up today but they were gone quickly. One really nice seat in Sec 20 row 10 for $147! Keep trying!

Date: August 21, 2019 03:58

Pasadena weather looking very nice. It's gonna be fairly warm/hot in the day time and quite cooler in the evening. Shorts and t-shirt weather? I'd say yes.

In contrast, apprx. 20 miles west to Santa Monica beach, it will be apprx. 15 degrees cooler in the day time.
If you're arriving early and/or are here for an extended stay you might want to head to the beach and enjoy the beautiful coast.
And if you really want to cool off, jump into the Pacific ocean! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-21 03:59 by Hairball.

Date: August 21, 2019 04:05

Hairball
Wondering what the exclusive football t-shirt design will be considering there is no NFL team that plays there.
Could be UCLA as it's been their home turf since 1982, and the UCLA marching band did the show announcement here- Rose Bowl Announces Rolling Stones Concert In May 2019
But will they make an exclusive design based on a University football team? If so, thankfully they're not playing at the L.A. Coliseum as thats USC Trojan turf, and they're complete crap.

Maybe they will do both Rams and Chargers like they did Jets and Giants in NYC?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home