Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Pasadena CA USA (near Los Angeles) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:11

Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the following Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 show and travel here:

Pasadena

Bjornulf

Re: Pasadena CA USA (near Los Angeles) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:10

Located in a park/golf course in the middle of a residential area. If you have never been there before you might want to refer to this map and "drive" around the area so you don't make any mistakes like walk out of the closest bar fifteen minutes before lights out.

[www.google.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:28

smiling smiley

Hoping for shuttle service, and while it can get crowded getting back from the concert, it beats getting clogged up in traffic through residential neighborhoods with a million other cars. Based on Arroyo Seco Festival, the free shuttles were granted access to entrance/exits that were off limits to regular traffic. Shuttles were based at Parsons Corporation parking lot to the left of the Westin (see map above), but others have mentioned shuttle service based at Pasadena City College for other events.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 21, 2018 20:38

The last concert I saw at the Rose Bowl was U2 in 2009. There were about 90,000 at that show. (The Bowl has since did some remodeling reducing their capacity).

I took a shuttle from the College and it worked out fine, although it took over an hour from the end of the show to get on board the bus to head back to the College.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: November 21, 2018 21:05

@#$%& yeah, my birthplace (and Glendale Arizona falls on my birthday!)...

Have no idea where I'm going to sleep or where I'm going to park the car, but looking forward to this Stony bit of adventure :-)

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 21, 2018 23:31

if i go to LA i get a hotel by LAX. don't want to rent a car this time. can you take LA metro from around LAX up to pasadena? the metro maps kinda say yes, kinda say no. Time Out/LA is overselling the system a bit. easy trip? deadly?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 21, 2018 23:44

sundevil
if i go to LA i get a hotel by LAX. don't want to rent a car this time. can you take LA metro from around LAX up to pasadena? the metro maps kinda say yes, kinda say no. Time Out/LA is overselling the system a bit. easy trip? deadly?

I recommend a visit to the Santa Anita race track - They have a statue of Sea Biscuit. Very Historic and inspirational.

Date: November 22, 2018 00:46

sundevil

Not so easy.

If you want to rely on public transportation one option would be to take the Freeway Flyaway from LAX to Union Station downtown, find a hotel there (but be careful where) and take the Gold Line to Pasadena.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 22, 2018 00:53

sundevil

Deadly. By my estimate, you would have to take the Green Line and then the Blue Line through the worst parts of L.A. Then you would catch the Gold Line at Union Station after a quick ride on the Red Line. And then finish off with a bus ride. Depressing! Getting back will be twice as fun since evening services are sporadic. I often take the Green-Blue-Red combo to/from LAX and it's grim. But just $1.75. I wouldn't recommend it to my friends.

If you are dead-set on staying at the Airport (where accommodation isn't that cost-effective, btw), you might want to take the Flyaway bus from LAX to Union Station (it's about $12 or something), then embark on the 50-minute journey to the Rose Bowl via the Gold Line and #51 bus. But again, I don't know if you'll be able to get back humanely. You might want to consider staying downtown, at least. As I write this (Weds p.m.) an Uber from Union Station to the Rose Bowl is about $23.

Date: November 22, 2018 01:07

DeanGoodman
sundevil

Deadly. By my estimate, you would have to take the Green Line and then the Blue Line through the worst parts of L.A. Then you would catch the Gold Line at Union Station after a quick ride on the Red Line. And then finish off with a bus ride. Depressing! Getting back will be twice as fun since evening services are sporadic. I often take the Green-Blue-Red combo to/from LAX and it's grim. But just $1.75. I wouldn't recommend it to my friends.

If you are dead-set on staying at the Airport (where accommodation isn't that cost-effective, btw), you might want to take the Flyaway bus from LAX to Union Station (it's about $12 or something), then embark on the 50-minute journey to the Rose Bowl via the Gold Line and #51 bus. But again, I don't know if you'll be able to get back humanely. You might want to consider staying downtown, at least. As I write this (Weds p.m.) an Uber from Union Station to the Rose Bowl is about $23.

ah, that's pretty much what I said...but with a bit more detail...eye rolling smiley

Date: November 22, 2018 04:32

BluzDude

ah, that's pretty much what I said...but with a bit more detail...eye rolling smiley

Guess we were writing at the same time. You finished quickly.*

(*that'swhatshesaid)

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: November 22, 2018 18:40

Already booked Holiday Inn Express Passadena. is cheap with easy Access to Rose Bowl.
Stayed there in 1994 and it was only a 5 Minutes drive back.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: November 22, 2018 19:03

Hope to see you all in Pasadena smileys with beer
Please advice the best (budget) part of LA to stay!

Date: November 23, 2018 00:50

dimrstone

Need more info - Got wheels? Uber? Airbnb? Can you walk a mile or 2? How long you in town for? What else do you want to see/do/eat?

Date: November 23, 2018 01:07

DeanGoodman
dimrstone

Need more info - Got wheels? Uber? Airbnb? Can you walk a mile or 2? How long you in town for? What else do you want to see/do/eat?

Me, my wife and one friend planning to stay in LA from May 7 till next day of the concert May 12.Then we're planning to head to Las Vegas - Grand Canyon and after that to San Francisco for the Santa Clara concert.

No car in LA,probably a lot of walking,uber and public transportation.
We do like to see Hollywood, Beverly Hills, the beaches and more!
We are looking for a convenient place in La for someone to see all the sights and yet easy for transport to Rose Bowl

Date: November 23, 2018 01:34

dimrstone

Me, my wife and one friend planning to stay in LA from May 7 till next day of the concert May 12.Then we're planning to head to Las Vegas - Grand Canyon and after that to San Francisco for the Santa Clara concert.

No car in LA,probably a lot of walking,uber and public transportation.
We do like to see Hollywood, Beverly Hills, the beaches and more!
We are looking for a convenient place in La for someone to see all the sights and yet easy for transport to Rose Bowl

Cool. Since the Stones are a relatively small part of the equation there's not much merit in staying in Pasadena, which is a pleasant burg but far from the action, as you can see on a map. I would suggest looking at a base in Westwood, a clean and walkable UCLA suburb which is well-served by buses, esp. the Santa Monica blue bus that can get you to Venice/Santa Monica. The Getty, other museums and the best celeb cemetery are nearby, as is Beverly Hills, though I don't know anyone who has actually bought anything there! Another bus (the 2) gets you to Hollywood via the Sunset Strip. Show day, you might have to bite the bullet and get an Uber to Pasadena, at $50+ each way. Quite frankly, if there's 3 of you, Uber will be your best bet at all times.

Date: November 23, 2018 01:51

Thank you! I will consider Westwood!

Posted by: bkrancho ()
Date: November 23, 2018 20:15

Seeing that almost every show has a seat map, except Pasadena...

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 24, 2018 00:11

BluzDude
DeanGoodman
sundevil

thanks to both of you. didn't think it would be possible but saw a mention that oversold the LA subway system. like hotels by LAX cause it's easy to get over there and get outta town. been seeing the stones in california since bridges and want to keep the tradition alive. will have to come up with another plan. thanks again. by the way saw 'collateral'so......

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 28, 2018 00:52

6 hours and 8 minutes,
it says to drive from me to Pasadena.
Plus, I would be driving Sunday morning through Bakersfield.
If the Lord is always by my side,
how do I materlize at this show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 00:52 by 35love.

Date: November 28, 2018 01:08

Depending on L.A. traffic, it could take you 6 hours and 8 minutes to get from Burbank to Pasadena - a mere 10 miles!

Date: November 28, 2018 01:45

Another word of advice if you end up with seats in the stadium (not on the floor)

Sections in the end zone, I believe 8 thru 15 are benches with very little room and no seat backs.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 28, 2018 02:17

Hairball
Depending on L.A. traffic, it could take you 6 hours and 8 minutes to get from Burbank to Pasadena - a mere 10 miles!

Thank you, I no longer want to go, lol.
I know this helll you speak of.

Date: November 28, 2018 04:02

35love
Hairball

Thank you, I no longer want to go, lol.
I know this helll you speak of.

A small price to pay for living in the SoCal paradise of warm beaches and plenty of sunshine!
And that's the reason it can get crowded around the L.A. area - everyone wants to either live or visit there!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: November 28, 2018 04:09

35love
6 hours and 8 minutes,
it says to drive from me to Pasadena.
Plus, I would be driving Sunday morning through Bakersfield.
If the Lord is always by my side,
how do I materlize at this show?

No one in LA gets up early on weekends! If you can leave early you will be fine. I drove thru LA last Thursday for Thanksgiving and made it from San Diego to Thousand Oaks in 2.5 hours. It is all in the timing! We left at 6:45 am and arrived at 9:15, no traffic at all.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 28, 2018 10:47

Date: November 28, 2018 22:12

Steve Jones - Jonesy's Jukebox - radio show is giving away free tix on his show today (noon-2 p.m.)

Date: November 28, 2018 22:24

Hometown show ... I'm in smileys with beer

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 29, 2018 01:07

Waited 45 minutes and pulled 6 or 8 sets of 3 seats, but couldn't secure any of 'em before I had to go pick up my daughter from school...

Will keep checking and then try for the Radio presale tomorrow...

Date: November 29, 2018 01:18

In the house - not the best, but not the worst, and at a reasonable price - sec. 6H row 30 at $147+.
My wife at 5'6" prefers to be off the floor, and in this case it worked out for me with a semi-cheap pair!
Looking now at available tix and there are several platinums in section 6L just a few seats seats away from us priced at over $500 each!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 01:19 by Hairball.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home