Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Glendale AZ USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: August 21, 2019 12:52

IGTBA
rovalle
Ok went ahead and got a ticket for the Band 2 show at the Musical Instrument Museum Theatre featuring Tim Ries, Bernard Fowler, Chuck Leavell, Daryl Jones, Cory Wong and Reggie Jackson...the MIM hall is a beautiful intimate theater (340 capacity) plus as I stated earlier, the MIM is hosting an exhibit on the history of the Electric Guitar...

show info [www.mim.org]

Thanks, bought two tics also.

It's going to be great! I'll be there too, and who knows maybe will have special guests spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Can a local tell us if there is any kind of transfer services to and from State Farm stadium?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-21 12:58 by dimrstone.

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: August 21, 2019 23:05

Hairball,

Interested in meeting up for a drink before the show?

Let me know...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 21, 2019 23:30

mab1888
Hairball,

Let me know...

Yeah mab1888, I'm always up for a meet and greet with fellow Stones comrades.
The thing is though, I have Lucky Dips for a friend and I, and his friend already has Pit and wants to line up early....in the HOT sun!
Tried to convince them otherwise, but she's hellbent on being on the front rail. I might mosey over there just prior to Will Call opening,
but until then I'll be hiding out inside the Hampton Inn across the street from stadium with air conditioning on full blast haha.
If you want to meet there around 4:00-ish that might be a good time, but then I'll have to make mad dash through the swelter to get inside the stadium asap.

*Half way joking about the heat as I have dealt with it many times in the past. I was just back in Vegas last month and it was peaking around 110 daytime and 85 at night - brutal no matter how you look at it, but I survived!
Also lived in Tucson for half a year when I was 14, before moving up near Sedona for a year. Not the funnest to be as a SoCal kid, but in hindsight I have many great memories...including the excessive heat.eye popping smileyhot smiley

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: August 22, 2019 00:05

Does anyone know what they are charging for parking?

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: August 22, 2019 00:13

clapton71
Does anyone know what they are charging for parking?

[parkingjuju.com]

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 22, 2019 02:02

If you get there really early you might be able to sneak-park around the theaters without paying.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 22, 2019 11:23

Hairball
mab1888
Hairball,

Let me know...

Yeah mab1888, I'm always up for a meet and greet with fellow Stones comrades.
The thing is though, I have Lucky Dips for a friend and I, and his friend already has Pit and wants to line up early....in the HOT sun!
Tried to convince them otherwise, but she's hellbent on being on the front rail. I might mosey over there just prior to Will Call opening,
but until then I'll be hiding out inside the Hampton Inn across the street from stadium with air conditioning on full blast haha.
If you want to meet there around 4:00-ish that might be a good time, but then I'll have to make mad dash through the swelter to get inside the stadium asap.

*Half way joking about the heat as I have dealt with it many times in the past. I was just back in Vegas last month and it was peaking around 110 daytime and 85 at night - brutal no matter how you look at it, but I survived!
Also lived in Tucson for half a year when I was 14, before moving up near Sedona for a year. Not the funnest to be as a SoCal kid, but in hindsight I have many great memories...including the excessive heat.eye popping smileyhot smiley
I'm arriving on Saturday, staying in Scottsdale that night and then will be at the Hampton too for Sunday and Monday. See you there ! Going to the pre party on Sunday evening.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 23, 2019 01:27

Was looking at this place for selling a collection of Star Wars memorabilia. It struck me that some of you in town for the show might find it a place to visit. There's much more than Star Wars stuff from looking at the pictures posted on Yelp.

[www.yelp.com]

Date: August 23, 2019 17:48

Ok...so we know we are getting JJF as opener. What other songs do we wish to get? For me its OOC for sure.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 23, 2019 18:35

clapton71
Ok...so we know we are getting JJF as opener. What other songs do we wish to get? For me its OOC for sure.

Not so certain JJF will be the opener though.
Thought the same for Seattle, after they had opened the previous show (Denver) with SFM..
Then they opened with SFM again cool smiley

That aside, hope Glendale gets OOC as well, great song!!

Date: August 23, 2019 19:22

MisterDDDD
clapton71

Not so certain JJF will be the opener though.
Thought the same for Seattle, after they had opened the previous show (Denver) with SFM..
Then they opened with SFM again cool smiley

That aside, hope Glendale gets OOC as well, great song!!

You coming down MisterDDDD?

I hear there's gonna be a nice litho, and good old Dave is having a new batch of t-shirts made...winking smiley

Date: August 23, 2019 19:30

What do you think the shirt design will look like?

Date: August 23, 2019 19:41

Maybe cacti themed... Saguaro are everywhere, though there are many more species that thrive.
But some of the other city themed designs have been surprising, though not necessarily all great designs.
Seattle was a bit off the wall as far as the theme (MoPoP museum), and it was also nicely rendered.
Are there any peculiar/unique landmark buildings in Phoenix that would work as a theme?

Date: August 23, 2019 19:41

clapton71

This is my 11th show...smiling smiley First one was in 1981 at Sun Devil Stadium.

Id like to see Acrosanti worked into the design but that's a long shot.

I think they'll do a desert motif with the tongue being part of the sunset, or as part of a cactus....with the tongue being a flower bloom.

As an aside, I worked in television for 37 years. A reporter, who is a good friend of mine, did a story about me and my love for the Stones which will air in Monday's morning show. It was a lot of fun and interesting to deal with her in a professional way.

I hope everyone enjoys Glendale and Arizona.

Date: August 23, 2019 20:28

Very cool. There isn't a curfew for Glendale is there?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 23, 2019 20:28

Anyone know if there is any shade around the stadium to line up under?

Date: August 23, 2019 20:41

Here is some info. for Monday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-23 20:49 by clapton71.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 23, 2019 21:16

Hairball

You coming down MisterDDDD?

I hear there's gonna be a nice litho, and good old Dave is having a new batch of t-shirts made...winking smiley

cool smiley Those enticements would normally be all I'd need.
Unfortunately, couldn't make it work Hairball. School starting, family commitments etc..

Haven't ruled out Miami completely yet though.. (where are those contest results winking smiley )
Have a great time, and as I recall Dave said this would be his last on this tour, hope he did get a new batch cool smiley

Date: August 23, 2019 23:52

Well dang it MisterDDDD - maybe next leg of the tour we'll cross paths again.
Thinking North America again...not really betting on it, but there's some hope.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: August 24, 2019 03:32

Hello does anybody know the gate times? Because there predicting 107 degrees all day ! Thanx for any info!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 24, 2019 04:01

stonesfrkk
Hello does anybody know the gate times? Because there predicting 107 degrees all day ! Thanx for any info!

Event Day Timeline

10:00AM - Ticket Office & Will Call Opens

4:30PM - Stadium Parking Lots Open

5:00PM - Plaza Opens

6:00PM - All Gates Open

8:00PM - Concert Begins

Date: August 24, 2019 04:02

Copied and pasted from two emails received earlier, And yes, it is smokin' HOT in Phoenix!

First email from AEG, for those of us with Lucky Dips:

Monday, August 26 / State Farm Stadium
Greetings Stones Fan!
You purchased Lucky Dip tickets for The Rolling Stones show August 26 at State Farm Stadium. Here’s what you need to know:
As part of the general on sale, a limited number of Lucky Dip tickets were sold at a special low price. The ticket locations are throughout the venue, including Side View, Upper Level and the No Filter Pit.
You and your guest will find out your seat/location when you pick up your tickets the night of the show.
We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure these tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices.
We appreciate your attention to the following, so you have the best experience possible:

• You and your guest must pick up the tickets in person from Box Office located in the North-East corner near Gate 2.
• Box Office pick up time starts at 6:00pm.
• *Picture ID, your confirmation number, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets are required for pick up. Without these things, you will not be able to pick up your tickets.
• If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and will not be entitled to a refund.

See you at the show!

*FYI - At Levis Stadium, I was only asked for ID, but had original credit card and confirmation print out just in case.
But maybe other venues require everything?

_________________________________________________________________________________

And from State Farm Stadium:

THE ROLLING STONES NO FILTER TOUR
MONDAY, AUGUST 26

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour comes to State Farm Stadium in Glendale for a performance before 55,000+ fans this Monday, August 26. Tickets issued for original date May 7 are valid for the August 26 show.
The following information is provided to assist all ticket holders attending Monday's concert.

State Farm Stadium strongly recommends that all fans:
1. Plan for extra time to travel to and from the stadium. Standard rush hour traffic and concert traffic will result in heavy volume on all roadways.
2. Follow the directions of traffic police and park in the first available lot.
3. Leave bags at home.

GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION

Event Day Timeline
10:00AM - Ticket Office & Will Call Opens
4:30PM - Stadium Parking Lots Open
5:00PM - Plaza Opens
6:00PM - All Gates Open
8:00PM - Concert Begins

Tickets
Tickets are expected to be available for purchase on the day of the show and can be purchased at the State Farm Stadium Ticket Office or Ticketmaster.com.
Fans with tickets dated Tuesday, May 7, 2019 do not need a new ticket and will be granted access into the stadium with their original tickets.

Mobile Ticket Entry
If you have tickets on your mobile device, locate the tickets in the Ticketmaster App or the mobile Ticketmaster website. Ticket barcodes can be found in the Ticketmaster App or website under My Account. Downloading ticket(s) to a phone's digital wallet prior to the event is recommended as it will allow for seamless entry into the stadium if there is limited cell phone service. If tickets were purchased for friends or family, transfer tickets so each fan scans a ticket at the door. Upon arrival at the stadium, present the barcode to the ticket scanner and you're in.
Mobile Entry FAQs

Field Seating Tickets
Fans with tickets labeled Pit 1, Pit 2, A1 - A5, B1 - B5, or GA Field should enter the stadium through the designated doors at Gate 2 located on the North side of the venue facing Maryland Ave. Fans must have the QR code ready on their mobile devices at the ticket scan checkpoint upon arrival to Gate 2. Everyone must be present upon ticket scan. It is advised that all members in the party that have mobile devices be able to pull up the QR code on the Ticketmaster App. All Field Seating ticket holders must check-in at Gate 2 to receive a wristband in order to be permitted access to the Field Seating. Wristbands are available at Gate 2 inside designated doors labeled Field Seating.

PRE SHOW/POST SHOW ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT

Tailgating
Tailgating is permitted in all stadium controlled parking lots. Tailgating is not permitted in lots managed by Westgate. Please review all rules and regulations related to tailgating at www.statefarmstadium.com.

Westgate Entertainment District
Grab pre-show dinner and drinks at Westgate Entertainment District, a 5 to 10 minute walk from the stadium. Westgate offers nearly 20 full-service eateries such as Fat Tuesday, Salt Tacos & Tequila, Bar Louie, The Lola, and Yard House. Visit www.westgateaz.com/dine/dining-guide for Westgate's full restaurant line-up.

Tanger Outlets Westgate
Come early, shop early with TangerStyle! Beat the crowd at Tanger Outlets Westgate - shop happy and save big. For more information, visit www.tangeroutlet.com/tangerstyle.
PARKING & ARRIVAL

Driving to the Stadium
Heavy traffic on all roadways should be anticipated and planned for with the heaviest volume anticipated between 5:00PM and 8:00PM. We strongly recommend that fans plan for extra time getting to the stadium and to arrive early, no later than 6:00PM, to minimize the potential for delays.

Event Parking
In addition to stadium parking lots, concert parking is available at Westgate and in lots located throughout the Glendale Sports and Entertainment District. Upon arrival to the stadium area, fans should follow the directions of Glendale Police Officers and park in the first available lot. All parking lots in the Glendale Sports and Entertainment District are conveniently located and a 5 to 10 walk to the stadium depending on the lot location.

• Parking at the stadium will cost $20 per vehicle. Please have cash or credit card ready upon arrival to the lot.
• Tailgating will be permitted in all stadium parking lots, however no tailgating will be allowed in Westgate lots. For those who would like to tailgate, please arrive early and park in a stadium lot.
• Fans with parking passes dated Tuesday, May 7, 2019 will be granted access into the stadium with their original parking pass.
Parking Map

ADA Parking | ADA Cart Services
ADA parking is available in all State Farm Stadium lots.It is recommended that fans requiring ADA parking arrive to the stadium early, no later than 6PM as ADA parking is available on a first come first serve basis. ADA parking spaces are restricted to only those guests possessing and displaying valid state-issued ADA parking placards or vehicle registrations. Violators are subject to ticketing and/or fine.
An ADA Cart Service will operate within all State Farm Stadium lots beginning at 4:30PM and will operate until one hour after the completion of the concert. Please reference the ADA Cart Service Map for the pick up and drop off locations.
ADA Cart Service Map

Rideshare Pick Up/Drop Off
To avoid parking lot traffic, rideshare or carpool to the show. For fans wanting to enjoy pre-event dinner + drinks, drop off at the Westgate Entertainment District prior to the concert. With over 20 full service restaurants, there is something for everyone. Utilize Exit 7B (Glendale Ave) and enter Westgate Entertainment District from the North.
For fans arriving after 7:30PM, drop off South of the stadium in Black Lot by Utilizing Exit 5 (Camelback Road).

Directions
State Farm Stadium is located in Glendale, Arizona, 16 miles (approximately 24 minutes) West of downtown Phoenix. The stadium should be accessed from AZ Loop 101 utilizing Exit 5 (Camelback Road) or Exit 7B (Glendale Ave).
The Glendale Traffic Management Center, in partnership with ADOT, will be monitoring event day traffic and providing real-time traffic management via Twitter at www.twitter.com/GlendaleTraffic. Fans can also call 511 for the latest updated traffic information.
SECURITY INFORMATION

Clear Bag Policy
The NFL Clear Bag Policy will be enforced. We strongly recommend fans not bring any bags, however the following will be permitted: One clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a standard one (1) gallon freezer bag. Please review the Clear Bag Policy & Prohibited Items summary before arriving to the stadium.
Stadium Clear Bag Policy

Security Screening
Metal detector screening and a search of all bags and other items being carried in will take place. There are no provisions available at the stadium to store or safeguard prohibited bags. Guests will be asked to return prohibited items to their cars or discard them.

Prohibited Items
E-cigarettes, knives of any kind, professional cameras, signs larger than 2' x 3' and GoPros are prohibited. Items not allowed into the stadium must be returned to car or discarded.

QUESTIONS - Email hello@statefarmstadium.com.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 24, 2019 07:28

mab1888
clapton71

This is my 11th show...smiling smiley First one was in 1981 at Sun Devil Stadium.

I think they'll do a desert motif with the tongue being part of the sunset, or as part of a cactus....with the tongue being a flower bloom.

As an aside, I worked in television for 37 years. A reporter, who is a good friend of mine, did a story about me and my love for the Stones which will air in Monday's morning show. It was a lot of fun and interesting to deal with her in a professional way.

mab, will you post a link to the upcoming radio show or one after it airs?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: August 24, 2019 08:01

angee
mab1888
clapton71

Yep, be more than happy to...

Date: August 24, 2019 08:09

mab1888
angee
mab1888
clapton71

Yep, be more than happy to...

Nice mab, look forward to it. thumbs up

Date: August 24, 2019 08:24

And mab, seeing as Lucky Dip pickup starts at 6:00, plenty of time to meetup prior to show - have any suggestions for something within the vicinity?
Looks like a few options at Westgate Entertainment District...and looking at google maps a place called McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon...

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 24, 2019 10:15

clapton71
Woo hoooo!!! JJF is the best opener!

Angie on the b stage, but doubtful.
I agree that OOC would be fun.
Maybe Mercy, Mercy?

No Spare Parts would’ve been fun.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 24, 2019 10:17

clapton71
The Grand Canyon?

Date: August 24, 2019 16:33

Hairball
And mab, seeing as Lucky Dip pickup starts at 6:00, plenty of time to meetup prior to show - have any suggestions for something within the vicinity?
Looks like a few options at Westgate Entertainment District...and looking at google maps a place called McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon...

Been to McFadden's quite a few times....standard bar fare as the food goes....would go there before Coyotes games as Gila River Arena is right next to it.

smileys with beerRe: Glendale AZ USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 24, 2019 20:16

I’m getting ready for my 3rd and final show for this segment of the tour, flying down this afternoon smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home