Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Glendale AZ USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 6, 2019 02:52

This could be a hot show

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 03:44 by Xam.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 6, 2019 04:51

Xam
This could be a hot show

State Farm Stadium Glendale is a closed roof dome stadium with aircondition.

[www.statefarmstadium.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 05:28

It’ll be around 108 degrees outside and during summer monsoon season, which means be prepared for possible downpours. Check the weather and have rain gear if needed. Inside the stadium will be comfortable with closed roof and AC.

Date: July 6, 2019 18:44

Have tickets; will travel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-07 15:33 by Straycat13.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 7, 2019 04:20

Closed roof means no fireworks, but I’d rather have the AC.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 10, 2019 03:06

What's the status for parking in State Farm Stadium?
Can you reserve a spot?

Date: July 10, 2019 03:37

Don’t know about reserving a specific spot, but you can buy a ticket for specific parking areas closest to the stadium.

Date: July 10, 2019 03:58

Any thoughts on whether I should get a refund and try for cheaper or better seats on day of show for Glendale, or just keep the tickets I bought last November?

My tix are for section 132, row 4. I paid $342.75 plus fees for a total of $407.05 per seat. I think this should be a good view of the stage. Keep in mind, I am a bird-in-the-hand kind of person, who will be traveling there from out of state. I do worry about people behind me wanting me to “sit down”. I hate that. I have lucky dips for two other cities. This was to be my one “guaranteed good view” concert.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 10, 2019 04:21

Just noticed that Ringo Starr and His All Star Band are playing here in Phoenix at the Celebrity Theater the same day as the Stones show in Glendale. So, if you can't score tix for the Stones show, ya might wanna consider throwing some love Ringo's way and attend his show if tix are available. FYI, if you do see Ringo, the Celebrity is a cash only venue for buying drinks and snacks.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 05:12

Unless you want to sit on the floor, these look like very good lower level seats.

Date: July 10, 2019 05:37

[www.seats3d.com]
Have you seen this? Those are good seats. Hopefully, people won’t mind if you stand. They’ll be watching the huge screens anyway. I would keep ‘em.

Date: July 10, 2019 05:41

Thanks, I will probably keep my tix.

Date: July 10, 2019 05:46

Unless you want the pit. They just opened up tix for the pit again. I already got my seats when the pit wasn’t available, but I’d prefer comfort over the hassle of the pit in a stadium. You, however, could still go for the pit for another $100-200 per ticket since you can still refund your original tickets. Then you can stand and not worry about others. That might be worth it.

Date: July 10, 2019 05:49

dmay
Just noticed that Ringo Starr and His All Star Band are playing here in Phoenix at the Celebrity Theater the same day as the Stones show in Glendale. So, if you can't score tix for the Stones show, ya might wanna consider throwing some love Ringo's way and attend his show if tix are available. FYI, if you do see Ringo, the Celebrity is a cash only venue for buying drinks and snacks.
That’s a small venue—-like 2000.

Date: July 10, 2019 06:52

I won’t pay for pit in a stadium. If I get pit with my lucky dips, fine, but I am only 5’5” and don’t want to have to stand my ground all night. I did the pit during the 50 & Counting tour, which was arenas. Low stage. I paid extra for early admission and was up against the front rail for three shows. Best concerts of my life! I did the pit at Desert Trip 2. It was civilized for every act BUT the Stones. It was way too hot and people were fighting, elbowing and scratching their way to the front. It was unpleasant. I’ve seen the Stones over 50 times, so I know to plant my feet like cement and I am proud to say nobody got past me. But it was hard work. So no pit for me in Glendale. We’ll see what my lucky dips get me at the Rose Bowl and MetLife 2.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 10, 2019 06:56

Yep, the Celebrity is a small venue. Seating renovation boosted capacity up to around 2600 for a concert in the round - the theater has a rotating stage. Considering McCartney was here last month before a crowd of close to 20000 at Talking Stick Arena, I'd say Ringo is heading for the Beach Boys touring path - soon to appear at a corn shucking festival near you. I mean no disrespect to Mister Starr in saying this. It's just the way things sometimes are.

Date: July 10, 2019 13:33

JadedFaded
I won’t pay for pit in a stadium. If I get pit with my lucky dips, fine, but I am only 5’5” and don’t want to have to stand my ground all night. I did the pit during the 50 & Counting tour, which was arenas. Low stage. I paid extra for early admission and was up against the front rail for three shows. Best concerts of my life! I did the pit at Desert Trip 2. It was civilized for every act BUT the Stones. It was way too hot and people were fighting, elbowing and scratching their way to the front. It was unpleasant. I’ve seen the Stones over 50 times, so I know to plant my feet like cement and I am proud to say nobody got past me. But it was hard work. So no pit for me in Glendale. We’ll see what my lucky dips get me at the Rose Bowl and MetLife 2.
That sounds reasonable. If you’re hoping to get them refunded and buy them back cheaper, you might have that option as it gets closer if your paying attention. In any case, you can’t go wrong with those seats.

Date: July 10, 2019 23:16

JadedFaded
Don’t know about reserving a specific spot, but you can buy a ticket for specific parking areas closest to the stadium.

Do you know where? Any link?

Date: July 10, 2019 23:44

Statefarmstadium.com then go to Stones parking. Has a map and a link to purchase parking.

Date: July 11, 2019 00:08

dhinkle555
Statefarmstadium.com then go to Stones parking. Has a map and a link to purchase parking.

thumbs up

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 25, 2019 23:45

Just booked Phoenix for show #39 for me. Had to do 1 more (I saw Chicago 2 and here at home Foxboro - both stupendous). Got Sec. 105, Row 3 which is listed as Limited View but I think (hope) it will actually be pretty good. And $200 or so less than sitting on the floor (which I kind of wanted to do to be close to the B-Stage). TM Fees are stupid though - my $242 ticket wound up being $305!
Anyway - super excited. Will fly in from Boston on Sat. and head north to Monument Valley and Sedona for a couple days - my favorite part of the US, (and I have not been there in several years.) Got great deal on air fare, so that helps and was part of the decision to go for it (Arizona in August!).
Night of the show I booked the Sheraton Crescent about 10 miles away for only $68.
So, yeah - can't wait!

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: July 26, 2019 07:30

At The Musical Instrument Museum the night after the gig Bernard Fowler & Tim Ries are doing a show...small (300 seats or so) intimate hall with excellent acoustics plus The Electric Guitar exhibit is still on...also why the talk of burgers...you're in the Southwest for God's sake...have some burn twice green chile... hot smiley

[mim.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-26 15:26 by rovalle.

Date: August 5, 2019 23:42

Hey Glendale fans three weeks from the show. As Springsteen would say; Is there anybody alive out there?

Date: August 6, 2019 03:28

dhinkle555
Hey Glendale fans three weeks from the show. As Springsteen would say; Is there anybody alive out there?

I'm here counting days,hours!
Rock n'Roooool! smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 6, 2019 05:16

dimrstone
dhinkle555

I'm here counting days,hours!
Rock n'Roooool! smileys with beer

The countdown is on! smileys with beer

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 6, 2019 06:08

I will be there! Couldn’t wait so I am going to Denver this week.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2019 04:42

For those in the US, ABC (channel 7 here in SoCal) is showing an NFL preseason game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Los Angeles Chargers starting at 7:00 pm Pacific Time.
Get a sneak peak inside the stadium, scout out where your seats might be, and imagine the Stones blasting LIVE!!!

GO CHARGERS!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: August 9, 2019 19:54

Here is the link where you can see what your seats look...very interactive.

[www.statefarmstadium.com]

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: August 10, 2019 01:05

I wonder what the song vote will be for us....guesses? I bet something country...can't really think of a song or two that is desert material...thoughts?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 10, 2019 01:14

Sweet Virginia

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home