Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Glendale AZ USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: December 9, 2018 18:22

My ticket arrived yesterday in Ohio... I like that Christmas can come early!

2 more gigs printed and on the way, 4 more to go after that!

Look for me at the gig or the nearest In-n-Out!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 9, 2018 21:03

TKinOH

thumbs up

As for In-n-Out Burger, you're in luck as there's one very close to the stadium: Stadium > In-n-Out Burger

But between you and me, In-n-Out is slightly overrated imo and their burgers seem to get smaller by the year. You might want to try out The Habit Burger Grill - another California treasure founded in Santa Barbara in 1969, and now with many locations across the country- I was surprised there was one in Phoenix! Just a hop, skip, and a jump a but further down the road from the stadium! Stadium > The Habit Burger Grill

I had a friend visiting from England recently who was dying to try In-n-Out, so we went there and he was satisfied.
But a couple of nights later I took him to the Habit for a compare and contrast, and he became addicted - The Habit won his vote!

Read all about it HABIT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 21:05 by Hairball.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 9, 2018 23:29

Having tried a number of burger joints here, IMHO, In-n-Out Burger is okay for what it is: A quick hit for a decent burger of the fast food variety. There are better burgers to be found in the Phoenix metro area. Most of them are not from a chain restaurant, but individually owned/run restaurants.

The food critic for the local newspaper, The Arizona Republic, did an article a few months ago on what he thought were the 25 best burgers to be found in the Phoenix area. Some of his recommendations were not what I would call a burger - too fu fu or trendy IMO - but it's a start as to where to find a decent burger. You can probably find the article on the paper's web site.

If you're into pizza, Phoenix has become one of the places noted in food columns for finding good pizza. Pizzeria Bianco in downtown Phoenix is considered one of the best pizza places in the country. People stand in line for hours to get pizza there.

Regarding other cuisine, I recommend doing some research on Mexican and Southwest style food/restaurants in the Phoenix metro area. There's a variety of Mexican regional cuisines served here. So, you'll need to do a little sleuthing regarding regional Mexican food to determine what you might want to try. If you want to go for excellent Mexican gourmet, I highly recommend The Barrio Cafe on 16th Street in central Phoenix. Beside the food, the Barrio has a wide selection of tequilas to make your day.

Date: December 10, 2018 01:30

I will keep The Habit in mind, Thank You for the tip!

I'm rollin' in from Inglewood the day of the show, then up to Vegas the next morning for a night with my buddy there before heading back to LA on the 9th for a few days around the gig at the Rose Bowl. Might have some time to check it out, but if not, I'm heading back into Vegas and LA in September for the Maiden show at Banc of California Stadium...

Will be good to see the Southland, the Mojave and Vegas again, they're much less boring than life in West Central Ohio!smoking smiley

Date: December 10, 2018 01:41

There's quite a few of these Habits around California - especially the SoCal area, as well as many across the country now. But not in Ohio...yet!
I see they even have several in China!!!

Habit locations

As for burger chains, probably the best there is.

Date: December 10, 2018 01:51

Just texted my bud in Inglewood and he had just driven by the one on Century Blvd...

He hasn't tried one yet either but we will make a point of it!

I'm stayin' in Avondale very close to that location you linked up, and my Vegas bud lives out off Rainbow south of Blue Diamond in Vegas, so I have several opportunities to check it out...

Thanks again, Hairball!

Date: December 10, 2018 02:58

Cheers TKinOH - sounds like you're going to have a great trip! thumbs up

I'll be starting in Glendale, making my way back home for the Pasadena show, and then a mini-road trip up to Santa Clara.
Still a chance I'll make it out to Chicago for the grand finale...waiting for the stars to align, and hoping my wife gets accepted to give a presentation at a conference she's submitted for.
If so, might make it an extended stay for our anniversary- we love Chicago!

Date: December 10, 2018 04:01

That week off between Pasadena and Santa Clara put the crunch on goin' up to the Bay Area... I've gotta find a way to work and actually pay for all this!

It's great havin' close friends from the hometown who live in the cool places, it gives me a place to crash while cutting the expenses... Luckily, their better halves think I'm a good influence on them! I've got them fooled! Hahaha!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 10, 2018 04:52

Hairball
TKinOH

thumbs up

As for In-n-Out Burger, you're in luck as there's one very close to the stadium: Stadium > In-n-Out Burger

But between you and me, In-n-Out is slightly overrated imo and their burgers seem to get smaller by the year. You might want to try out The Habit Burger Grill - another California treasure founded in Santa Barbara in 1969, and now with many locations across the country- I was surprised there was one in Phoenix! Just a hop, skip, and a jump a but further down the road from the stadium! Stadium > The Habit Burger Grill

I had a friend visiting from England recently who was dying to try In-n-Out, so we went there and he was satisfied.
But a couple of nights later I took him to the Habit for a compare and contrast, and he became addicted - The Habit won his vote!

Read all about it HABIT

Habit's good, have one about 3 blocks from my house....I take advantage of that!

Date: December 10, 2018 05:40

Haha nice Bluzdude. thumbs up

A question for dmay - any suggestions for BBQ in the Phoenix area?
Preferably a no frills hole-in-the wall type joint where the food speaks for itself.
Texas style, Kansas City, Memphis, etc.,...no matter - I like good BBQ!

I did a google search for "best bbq in Phoenix", clicked on the map, and there seems to be quite a few good ones!

best bbq in Pheonix

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: December 10, 2018 07:02

Hairball
Haha nice Bluzdude. thumbs up

A question for dmay - any suggestions for BBQ in the Phoenix area?
Preferably a no frills hole-in-the wall type joint where the food speaks for itself.
Texas style, Kansas City, Memphis, etc.,...no matter - I like good BBQ!

I did a google search for "best bbq in Phoenix", clicked on the map, and there seems to be quite a few good ones!

best bbq in Pheonix

Hairball,

Only one you need to know...

Honey Bear's BBQ...it's absolutely the best...mmmm

No frills either....just GREAT Bar-B-Que

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 10, 2018 07:22

For Hairball and all you BBQ lovers, the best place in Phoenix is Little Miss BBQ on the south side of Phoenix on East University Drive. It sets the standard against which other places are judged. It gets busy early and is noted for running out of stuff by mid afternoon. People wait in line for Little Miss BBQ before it actually opens. A second Little Miss BBQ location just opened in north Phoenix on North 7th Street.

Again, check out the web site for the local newspaper for BBQ info. The food critic for the paper has written a number of articles on where to find good BBQ in Phoenix.

In Scottsdale, on the east side of The Valley, there's a small place called Arizona BBQ Shack. The food is good, the atmosphere is nice, and they have a great mix of tunes playing in the background. It's on East MacDonald Drive just off and inside of the 101, the beltway that surrounds Phoenix, in a strip mall. Look for the Basha's Supermarket sign and you're there. There's also a bar called the Tally Ho in the same strip mall that could pass as an old fashioned (dive) bar.

There's also a place called Bobby Q BBQ Restaurant on North 27th Avenue I have been told is very good.

For a different experience, check out Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe in downtown Phoenix for down home soul food and or Lo-Lo's Chicken and Waffles for chicken, waffles and soul food.

Beside the local newspaper, there's also a weekly newspaper called the "New Times" that has restaurant reviews and local attractions up on its web site. You can probably find similar info on the "Phoenix magazine" (a monthly publication) web site.

I know it's quick and convenient to go to chain restaurants and known entities, but there is a wealth of different cuisines in the Phoenix area, including Russian, Polish, Serbian, Irish, French, etc. You'll need reliable transportation (a car preferably, though Uber and Lyft are readily available here) to get to a number of them or any of the places I've noted, as Phoenix metro is a huge area.

Date: December 10, 2018 08:11

OK- thanks mab1888 and dmay.thumbs up

Looks like I might have to stay in Phoenix for a third night instead of two - lots of good BBQ! smiling smiley

Date: January 10, 2019 05:34

Yngwie Malmsteen at the Vegas House of Blues on May 8th, if anybody's tacking Sin City onto their itinerary...

I am rolling from LA to Glendale on the 7th, then up to Vegas on the 8th to see a best bud and his family, so this is a perfect storm for me! Back to LA on the 9th for the show at the Rose Bowl that weekend...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 6, 2019 23:39

Things to do in Scottsdale and environs, courtesy of Alice Cooper, Maynard James Keenan (Tool), etc ...

[www.wsj.com]

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: February 7, 2019 02:25

The Musical Instrument Museum in north Phoenix just west of Scottsdale is very interesting & worth a visit. There is a special exhibit, The Electric Guitar, Inventing An American Icon which has many vintage guitars.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 17, 2019 14:22

I hope Micks voice stays okay thru this concert. The air here is as dry as at Desert Trip.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 18, 2019 01:44

Stonesfan2146
I hope Micks voice stays okay thru this concert. The air here is as dry as at Desert Trip.

I assume the extreme dusty air from desert trip is what effected Mick’s voice
afterwards.

Date: February 18, 2019 04:01

swimtothemoon
Stonesfan2146

afterwards.

It started to become noticeable midway through Desert Trip wkd. II - his vocals became very nasally, and you could hear the strain.
No doubt it was hot, dry, and very dusty at DT, and there was a reason many of the locals and bike taxi riders were all wearing bandanas over their face.
I ended up blowing dirt clods out from my nose at the end each day...lol...While the air in Glendale might be as dry as Desert Trip, it definitely won't be quite as dusty in a stadium setting.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 27, 2019 02:17

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 27, 2019 03:33

swimtothemoon
Stonesfan2146

afterwards.

Coachella and Phoenix are both dusty, but Coachella gets the notoriety because people spent long,festival weekends outside and catch the "Coachella Cough" or "Coachella Lung". The Stones won't be spending as much time in Phoenix and outside. Maybe lesson learned from 2016.

Date: February 27, 2019 05:26

Cristiano Radtke
Tickets

[twitter.com]

Interesting - of all the shows that might warrant extra tickets, this doesn't seem to be one of them as there's already quite a surplus of unsold tix.
Looks like cheap seats in the far end zone have opened up?

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 28, 2019 01:30

Ronnie Pit @ $442+ Fee's currently. Is that its normal price or cheaper?

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: February 28, 2019 01:37

Those are official standard prices and have been available for quite some time ...w/fees takes it up to $519.

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: March 21, 2019 22:38

Thanks for the heads up I bought one today! Driving over from LA

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: March 22, 2019 02:52

those worried about the heat etc for the show, the roof will be closed and the AC will be on...waiting in line outside is another matter...I live in Grand Canyon National Park so this is a hop, skip & jump for me...i was able to get the Lucky Dips on the day of sale so we shall see...if you're into HOT Mexican food try out Los Dos Molinos, New Mexico style cuisine...lots'a Hatch Green Chile used...or Carolina's that has the best red chile burritos you are ever going to try...May 8th at the Musical Instrument Museum Bernard Fowler is performing with jazz group "Band 2"...there is also the local blues dive "The Rhythm Room" but nothing is showing on their calendar as of yet for shows during the week we"ll be there...and of course if you've never been, stop by my backyard, it's a little under three hours away...

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: April 3, 2019 23:17

Just fooling around on TM site as this is now the first scheduled show on their list. Not sure how high ticket prices were prior to postponement but they now seem to be on the low side 2-300 dollars for good seats..

PLUS both Pits on sale at normal price $440

Date: April 4, 2019 00:45

carouslambra
Just fooling around on TM site as this is now the first scheduled show on their list. Not sure how high ticket prices were prior to postponement but they now seem to be on the low side 2-300 dollars for good seats..

PLUS both Pits on sale at normal price $440

Standard Pit was always $442+fees, but only Ronnies side was available. There's definitely some others being lowered though. Looking at Sec 109 row 9 single at $167.75 + fees Standard admission, and a few rows back a pair at $342.75+ fees each Standard admission, then a few rows behind that three available in row 20 back down to $167.75+fees each. Seems something has run amok as far as pricing, and while this has always been the poorest selling show, *seems now is a good time to buy. As for me, still hanging with my Lucky Dips for the time being.

EDIT: Or wait even longer - there's bound to be plenty of good deals as time moves forward

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 00:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 4, 2019 11:39

Maybe it was moved to being the first show to boost sales. This was a slower selling venue.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 17:30

Question. Did anyone lose their tickets or not showing on ticket master on their app? I lost mine. I have a bank statement that shows I paid for 2 tix. The tickets were on my TM app but they are no longer there. Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home