Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2019 05:41

Wow.

Unbeknownst to anyone except Vivid, there is a 48 hour cut off for selling tickets.

It said NOTHING about that on their site. Ya think that might be kind of noticeable.

This thing is screwed up.

Gonna attempt to sell my tickets or get a refund now. What a bust this goddamn thing is.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 14, 2019 05:42

Lights back on...
[twitter.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2019 05:50

And... having bought my tickets through the Superdome... it's not through the Superdome, it's just via their website.

I can't get a refund.

WTF. This month is turning out to be very very expensive.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 14, 2019 06:05

Just checked Ticketmaster for the heck of it and currently it looks like almost half the stadium is unsold. Curious as to whether they'll do some flex pricing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 14, 2019 06:13

bleedingman
Just checked Ticketmaster for the heck of it and currently it looks like almost half the stadium is unsold. Curious as to whether they'll do some flex pricing.

It might be raining free tickets instead of the threatening rain dowpours that were predicted!

Date: July 14, 2019 06:42

On this tour are the Stones leapfrogging sets for every other show or just moving one set to each ?

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 14, 2019 08:00

They have two raw stage structures. The screens, lighting and sound equipment gets moved from one show to the next.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 09:39

This is for those driving down from Memphis, Nashville, or similar direction and want travel info: I just drove down today from Florence, AL (northwest corner near Memphis/Nash) without any issues.. Dry as a bone most of the drive, some light rain near the city. Best part was there was ZERO traffic -- Even here in the city.. I've visited NOLA many times over the years and have seldom seen almost no-one on the streets like this. My hotel bar was already shut down so I walked over to Holiday Inn and it was briefly rocking a family reunion, but then last call came too fast. Walked around a bit, not much open where I was and wasn't up for the Quarter tonight.

Anyway, if you're considering driving down, come on! We had more rain last month in Alabama (our basements flood often there as well smiling smiley

As Keith says: Happy to be here, happy to be anywhere

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 10:26 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 14, 2019 12:38

What's the latest news? Is the show still on?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 14, 2019 13:35

Chris Fountain

What's the latest news? Is the show still on?

Nothing contrary so far.

From [RollingStones.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] :

"UPDATE FROM NEW ORLEANS: Due to the weather we’re moving Sunday’s Superdome show to Monday. Hang onto your tickets, they will be honored on July 15. We’re here with you — we’ll get through this together."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 13:50 by Irix.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 14:06

GasLightStreet
Wow.

Unbeknownst to anyone except Vivid, there is a 48 hour cut off for selling tickets.

It said NOTHING about that on their site. Ya think that might be kind of noticeable.

Gonna attempt to sell my tickets or get a refund now. What a bust this goddamn thing is.

Vivid is a high-tech scam.

I guarantee that 48-hour thing is buried in the small-print.

Sorry, man....and sorry about your other tickets from the 'Dome.

that sux.

If all else fails, find a fan and give them away....or trade 'em for a beer or a t-shirt or some other lopsided deal that makes somebody's day/month/year...

you still lose the money, but the look of Happy Shock on a strangers face will make you feel better...

have fun...I'm glad you were right and the storm wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 14, 2019 14:18

Lots of tickets left.
That will be a 60% sold concert

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 14, 2019 14:31

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
Wow.

Vivid is a high-tech scam.

I guarantee that 48-hour thing is buried in the small-print.

Sorry, man....and sorry about your other tickets from the 'Dome.

that sux.

If all else fails, find a fan and give them away....or trade 'em for a beer or a t-shirt or some other lopsided deal that makes somebody's day/month/year...

you still lose the money, but the look of Happy Shock on a strangers face will make you feel better...

have fun...I'm glad you were right and the storm wasn't as bad as it could've been.

I'm sorry. Can you explain to me what this 48 hour cut off is? I also have one extra ticket from Vivid that I'm currently trying to sell.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: July 14, 2019 14:31

560 miles, 8 hours 3 minutes according to Mapquest from my house. I wish I was younger or I would have already left. 21 years ago I did 24 hours on a Greyhound bus each way to Syracuse and back without getting a hotel room. My favorite show live. Those were the days!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 14:32

Have to see if it will be mentioned in the media reviews after the show.
Just curious.

mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 14:34 by powerage78.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 14, 2019 15:24

No love for the Stones in New Orleans?

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 15:34

tonyc
560 miles, 8 hours 3 minutes according to Mapquest from my house. I wish I was younger or I would have already left. 21 years ago I did 24 hours on a Greyhound bus each way to Syracuse and back without getting a hotel room. My favorite show live. Those were the days!

I also wish I was younger, but being older does not have to stop you from going..

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 14, 2019 15:42

Promoman2
tonyc

I also wish I was younger, but being older does not have to stop you from going..

Exactly, I went from the UK to Toronto with only the essentials in place (Flight etc)......and everything just fell into place......(I said to my mate....this has almost the same feel as Knebworth .......instead, it was sharing an Uber from Barrie to Burl's creek with strangers instead of hitching a lift in an old Transit van..............

And................ The Beaches were the best back up band I've seen in years, not quite Lynyrd Skynyrd but the best since them................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 17:37 by EddieByword.

Date: July 14, 2019 15:49

Promoman2
tonyc

Yes, I'm thinking hard about it. I checked bus and flights but nothing reasonable or convenient. My vehicle is a little too old to trust. I have my friend who drove last time to Atlanta but I doubt he would want to go this last minute.

Anyway, I can always hope for one more Atlanta.

Everyone else going have a great show!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 14, 2019 15:58

mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.

it's going to be a feast for Lucky Dippers. And many others - pit tickets as well as golden circle seats war now just $450 (and I guess they might even lower these prices and/or upgrade nearly everyone with seats in the back of the venue…)

Date: July 14, 2019 15:59

SHOW IS BEING MOVED TO MONDAY - see: [twitter.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 14, 2019 16:05

slewan

Already posted multiple times by BV all over IORR - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] .

Date: July 14, 2019 16:06

slewan

Breaking news.winking smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 14, 2019 16:21

tonyc
Promoman2
tonyc

Yes, I'm thinking hard about it. I checked bus and flights but nothing reasonable or convenient. My vehicle is a little too old to trust. I have my friend who drove last time to Atlanta but I doubt he would want to go this last minute.

Anyway, I can always hope for one more Atlanta.

Everyone else going have a great show!

Oh tonyc do it. I'm 66 years old and driving from Bradenton to Jacksonville and then from Bradenton to Miami. In between I'm flying to LA for Pasadena.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 14, 2019 17:03

New Orleans has been "empty" for a few days now. Hotels have cheap rates, even near the venue on show day. No fights into the city yesterday, but today Sunday most airliners are now flying at New Orleans airport. Many fans who planned to come here have canceled, due to the storm alerts.

The Rolling Stones and their propoter did a good decition when they moved the show from Sunday to Monday. That way those who did not want to go, could get refund. Also, they avoided any kinds of issues if the weather went bad.

Now there will be rain and wind in New Orleans for still 12-24 hours, then on show day afternoon there will be just a little bit of rain. The venue is an indoor dome, so rain will not be any problem. They will do the "no rain" set list with an acoustic B-stage appearance, most probably.

If you live near New Orleans, and you are able to go to the show, this is your chance to get great seats at good prices, cheaper accomodation and a great show Monday July 15.

Miami Herald: The Latest: Most airlines now flying at New Orleans airport

Picture below by Miami Herald: Tyler Holland guides his bike through the water as winds from Tropical Storm Barry push water from Lake Pontchartrain over the seawall Saturday, July 13, 2019, in Mandeville, La. DAVID J. PHILLIP AP PHOTO

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 17:11 by bv.

OFFICIAL: New Orleans show is moved to Monday!
Date: July 14, 2019 16:00

Re: OFFICIAL: New Orleans show is moved to Monday!
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 14, 2019 16:54

Keep up!
[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 14, 2019 17:55

tonyc
slewan

Breaking news.winking smiley

Holy shit!!! who knew?

Date: July 14, 2019 19:32

slewan
mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.

it's going to be a feast for Lucky Dippers. And many others - pit tickets as well as golden circle seats war now just $450 (and I guess they might even lower these prices and/or upgrade nearly everyone with seats in the back of the venue…)[/quot

Refund your high price tickets and buy new ones for a lower price !

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 14, 2019 19:56

Wonderif the date-specific merchandise is going to be reprinted

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home