Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728
Current Page: 28 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 15, 2019 20:09

5stringTele
Any bets on what differences there will be between the No Rain and Rain set lists?

Sure.
With there being (nearly) no chance of rain at the covered dome, I'll put as much as you're willing to wager on there being zero differences cool smiley

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 20:46

Merch trailers are being set up now and open at 3. I got a peek and nothing too special for Nola that I saw aside from some Saints stuff. Have photos but can’t post on the go. Tickets are being sold at box office. More later.

-nathan (from austin)

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 15, 2019 21:22

I found this surprising but ticket prices are up considerably on Stubhub from last week.

Date: July 15, 2019 21:52

New Orleans Jazz Museum:
Charlie Watts hanging out with Director Greg Lambousy’s 1920’s drum kit in the Jazz Museum office

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2019 22:16

longhorn14
Merch trailers are being set up now and open at 3. I got a peek and nothing too special for Nola that I saw aside from some Saints stuff. Have photos but can’t post on the go. Tickets are being sold at box office. More later.

Is there any special litho or t-shirt that's unique for this show?

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 22:25

Other than a NEw Orleans Saints shirt, there was nothing I saw. They were still setting up, though.

Hairball
longhorn14

Is there any special litho or t-shirt that's unique for this show?

-nathan (from austin)

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 22:40

MisterDDDD
New Orleans Jazz Museum:
Charlie Watts hanging out with Director Greg Lambousy’s 1920’s drum kit in the Jazz Museum office

[twitter.com]
Let’s hear Charlie play some jazz tonight

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 15, 2019 23:01

Gaetzi
I found this surprising but ticket prices are up considerably on Stubhub from last week.

Greed pure and simple. Why pay above face when there are PLENTY of really good seats available at face?

For the Rutherford shows, which I've been watching, many times a couple of good locations will pop up at face, disappear rapidly, then just as rapidly show up for resale at double.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 15, 2019 23:52

They won't do 25 songs as someone suggested, BUT, I'll make a prediction that tonight in NOLA will be the one show to get 21. (A lagniappe, as you will - and well DEserved for everyone who makes it. Sadly, not me.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-16 00:20 by DEmerson.

Date: July 16, 2019 01:52

BV

Thanks for the posted and info. I truly hope the show is a success and those that made it there have fun. This will be the first Stones tour we have missed since 1997.

What you posted and several others comments don’t take into account are folks like ourselves and many other fans I wager in the same boat.

The storm couldn’t be accurately forecast to go further west until Friday and the rain totals didn’t drop until Sunday. That is way too late to make a 24 hours round trip drive to see not only the Stones but the city for a week with a great chance of getting turned back or wading the soggy streets trying to find food like you experienced.

By unwinding the trip at the last possible moment of Friday morning right after the postponement to Monday Ticketmaster and the very helpful Amex and Hotel Conti folks canceled and refunded all our purchases. This was the difference between a likely miserable weather week in NOLA or losing $2K at the chance that it would all turn out like it has. Not worth that financial gamble for many IORR’s I would wager.

And yes by the way I advise of a local nearby NOLA resident who lost his home in Katrina so not just hyped news.
Thanks

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-16 02:03 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: MLH ()
Date: July 16, 2019 01:55

I just wanted to share my tale of my and my daughter's abortive road trip to see the Stones on 7/14. We drove down from Madison, Wisconsin, on Thursday, 7/11, arriving in NOLA about 6:45pm. We checked in to our Airbnb rental and had dinner at a wonderful place called Neyow's Cajun & Creole Grill, or something like that (don't miss the Bow-Wow). The weather was good this far, and into Friday am. Then, our Airbnb host called, telling me about the rescheduling of the show to 7/15, and suggesting the storm might be bad enough we didn't really want to chance it. I said the radar didn't look that bad, to which she responded that she had grown up here and that was what Katrina looked like, too. She said she was considering heading for the hills herself.The rescheduling of the show basically killed us, anyway, because we couldn't stay through Monday, but our host's assessment of the weather sealed the deal, as she had grown up in NOLA, so we couldn't really just blow off her concerns as overhyped fake new.So, we retreated to Memphis for a day, which was quite pleasant, albeit not the weekend we had planned. So, at the moment, we are back in Wisconsin, envious of everyone who is going to see this show. Have fun, everyone.

Date: July 16, 2019 02:22

Sounds like Ronnie was at (playing??) Preservation Hall last night with plans on going back tomorrow??
Just posted, not sure when he filmed the video though.

Ronnie Wood:
Backstage @MBSuperdome after last night at @PresHall ~ here’s to a great show
[twitter.com]

Date: July 16, 2019 02:49

I hope everyone who rode out the storm will be rewarded to an extra special show tonight! If someone can periscope I'll appreciate it!

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 16, 2019 02:58

MLH
I just wanted to share my tale of my and my daughter's abortive road trip to see the Stones on 7/14. We drove down from Madison, Wisconsin, on Thursday, 7/11, arriving in NOLA about 6:45pm. We checked in to our Airbnb rental and had dinner at a wonderful place called Neyow's Cajun & Creole Grill, or something like that (don't miss the Bow-Wow). The weather was good this far, and into Friday am. Then, our Airbnb host called, telling me about the rescheduling of the show to 7/15, and suggesting the storm might be bad enough we didn't really want to chance it. I said the radar didn't look that bad, to which she responded that she had grown up here and that was what Katrina looked like, too. She said she was considering heading for the hills herself.The rescheduling of the show basically killed us, anyway, because we couldn't stay through Monday, but our host's assessment of the weather sealed the deal, as she had grown up in NOLA, so we couldn't really just blow off her concerns as overhyped fake new.So, we retreated to Memphis for a day, which was quite pleasant, albeit not the weekend we had planned. So, at the moment, we are back in Wisconsin, envious of everyone who is going to see this show. Have fun, everyone.

Sorry you missed it.....it ain't over yet smiling smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 16, 2019 05:57

Did the Stones get a very LATE start? Why no set list songs posted yet? It's 11PM Eastern Standard Time, same as New Orleans....not one song listed yet...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 16, 2019 06:00

mickschix
Did the Stones get a very LATE start? Why no set list songs posted yet? It's 11PM Eastern Standard Time, same as New Orleans....not one song listed yet...

[iorr.org]

Date: July 16, 2019 06:01

mickschix

?
10pm New Orleans time.. live now!
[iorr.org]

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 16, 2019 06:08

mickschix

New Orleans is Central time.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 16, 2019 15:40

DEmerson
They won't do 25 songs as someone suggested, BUT, I'll make a prediction that tonight in NOLA will be the one show to get 21. (A lagniappe, as you will - and well DEserved for everyone who makes it. Sadly, not me.)

Ok - or maybe 19.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728
Current Page: 28 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home