Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 15, 2019 00:52

I would like to congratulate all Stones fans for sticking it through this weather ordeal and other crap that has happened to them. And all the time involved

Tomorrow night's concert will be special!!. I'm just a fan as well but way to stay tough!

Yep it should be a magical night.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2019 01:15

angee
longhorn14
Anyone know if the Start Me Up VIP package they sold comes with any perks like early entry? If not I may as well get mine refunded and buy a $495 pit ticket and get the same experience.
For those considering coming, go for it. As others have mentioned you can’t beat the prices and the city is fine. We landed this morning (quick trip from Austin) and the city is fine. Rain is drizzly but not hard since we’ve been here and we haven’t found any standing water.
Look forward to seeing some of y’all!
-nathan

No early entry for VIP packages, info from another fan who bought them this time around. The tote looks nice, but if you don’t want the minor goods, I’d turn yours in for the regular pit ticket, if you can. Good luck.

The tote bags are very nice - large and heavy duty, insulated for cold drinks, and detachable shoulder strap...more like a collapsible ice chest.
When we arrived home from Chicago, a large box was awaiting (bought two Tumbling Dice VIP's at $190+ for great seats), and much to my surprise was the VIP merch.
Also included a couple of laminates, and a digital photo album sent to my email w/code with pics from previous NoFilter shows, etc., and a single pic from the Chicago 2 show - there were actually better pics posted here.
But it was the large high quality totes and the fine seats that made it all worthwhile. In fact I'd be happy to have similar seats at future shows for the same price whether the merch was included or not.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 15, 2019 02:16

People after this mornings epic unparalleled World Cup Cricket Final between England and New Zealand, i think it's safe to say expect a jubilant Mick, he would have been hanging on every ball, and I wonder if the Weather was a useful tool to watch the game unencumbered by time pressure this evening.

Should have been declared a draw, but thems the rules

Congrats to both teams, played in an amazing spirit

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 15, 2019 03:05

snoopy2
@shattered ya I hear ya.. and 25 songs would be great smiling smiley

Out and about, Quarter is much livelier today, live music, shops open, people out.. Just had my Central Grocery muffuletta fix, now a bloody mary and a nap!

edit: Started seeing the Stones shirts/hats today, it started many conversations, met people from a few different places and everyone is psyched

If you can move about and on the floor, try to go either to the sound or the light entrances. Wait until after the show and try to get a set list if you are into that. I did and the light guys said: "It's the Stones".hot smiley

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 04:25

shattered
snoopy2

Out and about, Quarter is much livelier today, live music, shops open, people out.. Just had my Central Grocery muffuletta fix, now a bloody mary and a nap!

edit: Started seeing the Stones shirts/hats today, it started many conversations, met people from a few different places and everyone is psyched

If you can move about and on the floor, try to go either to the sound or the light entrances. Wait until after the show and try to get a set list if you are into that. I did and the light guys said: "It's the Stones".hot smiley

Thx.. where are those entrances? I'll be in Pit2 this show.. First time pit for me

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 04:39

The bag and stuff are nice, but we paid 1200 each—so a regular pit ticket at 1/3 the price would be fine. Sounds like you got a heck of a bargain!

Hairball
angee
longhorn14
Anyone know if the Start Me Up VIP package they sold comes with any perks like early entry? If not I may as well get mine refunded and buy a $495 pit ticket and get the same experience.
For those considering coming, go for it. As others have mentioned you can’t beat the prices and the city is fine. We landed this morning (quick trip from Austin) and the city is fine. Rain is drizzly but not hard since we’ve been here and we haven’t found any standing water.
Look forward to seeing some of y’all!
-nathan

No early entry for VIP packages, info from another fan who bought them this time around. The tote looks nice, but if you don’t want the minor goods, I’d turn yours in for the regular pit ticket, if you can. Good luck.

The tote bags are very nice - large and heavy duty, insulated for cold drinks, and detachable shoulder strap...more like a collapsible ice chest.
When we arrived home from Chicago, a large box was awaiting (bought two Tumbling Dice VIP's at $190+ for great seats), and much to my surprise was the VIP merch.
Also included a couple of laminates, and a digital photo album sent to my email w/code with pics from previous NoFilter shows, etc., and a single pic from the Chicago 2 show - there were actually better pics posted here.
But it was the large high quality totes and the fine seats that made it all worthwhile. In fact I'd be happy to have similar seats at future shows for the same price whether the merch was included or not.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 15, 2019 05:04

snoopy2
shattered
snoopy2

Thx.. where are those entrances? I'll be in Pit2 this show.. First time pit for me

If New Orleans is like Houston, take a look at the Houston diagram:
[iorr.org]

It's those diagonal odd looking blocks heading towards section H and C and the stage. The entrances for the blocks are at the stage end by the letter H. They come out after the show to the railings and pass out the set lists - women and children first.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 15, 2019 05:23

mtaylor
bv
Nikkei
YOu can't cancel a show due to slow ticket sales. Who is going to buy your tickets if you do that

It does not happen. It is just something people think is happening. It is a misunderstanding. The Rolling Stones are prepaid. They would perform if just one person is buying a ticket (me).

They could offer the remaining tickets for free.

They call it Lucky Dip. If you can't afford a pair of tickets at $70 total then you should rather read a book or watch trash TV.

Bjornulf

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 15, 2019 05:38

bv
mtaylor
bv
Nikkei
YOu can't cancel a show due to slow ticket sales. Who is going to buy your tickets if you do that

It does not happen. It is just something people think is happening. It is a misunderstanding. The Rolling Stones are prepaid. They would perform if just one person is buying a ticket (me).

They could offer the remaining tickets for free.

They call it Lucky Dip. If you can't afford a pair of tickets at $70 total then you should rather read a book or watch trash TV.

Agree with you Bjornulf... Fortunately we arrived today from Boston after they cancelled yesterday the flight.... We are happy to be here and we are looking forward to the show

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 15, 2019 06:10

Have fun everyone tomorrow. Wish I could be there but Denver is only six shows away.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 15, 2019 15:29

This show could be exceptional!
It already is, because it's happening.

Have a tremendous time tonight, everyone who's there! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 18:12 by angee.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 15, 2019 15:40

I'm astounded at the abundance of tickets remaining in NOLA Wish I could be there! See you in Jacksonville boys!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 15, 2019 15:47

Well, it happened before that they opened the doors to anybody.
Like in Bremen 98.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 16:11

Waht happened in Bremen ?

CousinC
Like in Bremen 98.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 15, 2019 16:22

In Philadelphia a few years back, I was in a wonderful seat right in the front but off to the side. After the show, some guy just came over and handed me a setlist! I was shocked. I treasure it, needless to say.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 15, 2019 17:05

mariano

any pic of the stage in the dome ??

[www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 15, 2019 17:41

powerage78
Waht happened in Bremen ?

CousinC
Like in Bremen 98.

I was at that gig.
Bremen was an additionall 98 show. It didn't sell out as there had already been lots of German/European gigs in 97 (and 98).
Because it was a TV show they didn't want empty places.

I was upfront but friends and local press reported doors wide open to anyone before Stones came on stage.
I saw a lot of gigs but remember Bremen as a very nice one. Great vibe on and off stage.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 17:59

THanks smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2019 18:29

Could this be what it looks like just before the Stones hit the stage? Will Keith sing "This place is empty..."...? winking smiley

Exciting!

Where's the litho?!!!

Have a great time to all who are attending! smileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 15, 2019 18:42

Wish I was there, have a great time everyone! I think it's going to be a very special show! hot smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 15, 2019 18:44

They have the small plastic roof over the drums and amps in an indoor venue...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 15, 2019 18:49

Most of the stage lights are integrated in that thing

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 15, 2019 18:50

Doc

They have the small plastic roof over the drums and amps in an indoor venue...

For the case the Crossfire Hurricane hits the MB-Superdome .... winking smiley

There was btw no plastic-cover in 2017 e.g. in Düsseldorf Esprit-Arena - [iorr.org] - or Paris U-Arena - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 19:10 by Irix.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 15, 2019 18:56

This is astounding.

I looked at some sites and found high pressure over Houston that was pushing dry air into the SE right into Barry along a stalled front and understood why it wasn't being a normal storm. It was VISIBLE.

It's why people have been flabbergasted at the doomsday headlines.

This line here reminds me of how the NFL uses video review. A game in Los Angeles has a play review determined by people in New York City, even though everyone in Los Angeles can see it, including the TV game people there.

Rainfall predictions contained in National Hurricane Center forecast messages are based on information provided by the National Weather Service’s Weather Prediction Center, based in Maryland, pointed out Dennis Feltgen, spokesman for the National Hurricane Center.

[www.nola.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 15, 2019 19:24

Whoever placed those chairs has OCD.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 15, 2019 19:25

This brings back memories of the VooDoo Lounge tour. I hope it matches in intensity. - It will...

Great job by everyone on this great website! I am proud!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 15, 2019 19:33

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 15, 2019 19:37

Some report of tonight's gig:

Fox8live.com: The Rolling Stones set to rock the Superdome (with video report)

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 15, 2019 19:52

Nikkei wrote: "You can't cancel a show due to slow ticket sales. Who is going to buy your tickets if you do that".

Well, that rarely happens, but... it happens. I remember that the Stones canceled (but early) three gigs in France and 1 -2 in Spain, due to slow sales, during B2B tour, which was a very successful tour, overall, of course.
I think Football World Cup Tournament (1998) was the real problem in France, then.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: July 15, 2019 19:54

Any bets on what differences there will be between the No Rain and Rain set lists?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home