Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:06

mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.
That will be a 60% sold concert

Hey Mr. Taylor, since you mentioned underground cables earlier, how are these projects financed in Denmark?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:14

Don't often get a gig that at very short notice, change date to the very next day.
Hard to guess at what will happen with the merchandise that will be on sale.
Would have thought stuff with July 14th will be on sale, since that gear is probably already at the venue.
New stuff with July 15th may also be printed as we speak.
Maybe sell both together for a bargain price. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 23:08 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:15

Nikkei
Wonderif the date-specific merchandise is going to be reprinted

Good question, and probably not.
For the *Vegas '16 shows, all merch had the cancelled date as well as the final date. ( (See here)
A shame as it was nice merch, and I might have bought a t-shirt or litho had it been for the single final date, but in hindsight glad I saved money as it wasn't a very memorable show anyways.

Looking forward to the new design as always, and maybe they'll fix the date?

Just had a peak at TM, lots of tix avialable including some in Sec A & e floor going for $249+ (singles and some together) which I assume were much higher as the surrounding seats are at $450+.
Lower side stage seats as low as $175, and probably plenty of other deals to be had...more than likely some serious price drops will take place.
If I was anywhere near the area within apprx. 300 miles give or take, I'd happily make the journey for this show!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:29

shattered
mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.

Hey Mr. Taylor, since you mentioned underground cables earlier, how are these projects financed in Denmark?

Taxes for infrastructure improvements and payments to electric companies.
I guess we like to share the burdens so we can make progress.
It is not only in Denmark the cables are in the underground.
I guess the same is in Norway, Sweden, Germany.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:34

it will certainly be an unusual show and vibe. I am curious how empty it will be. I really thought they would have cancelled it due to the slow ticket sales - combined with the storm. But, since they didn't - I will be there.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:37

YOu can't cancel a show due to slow ticket sales. Who is going to buy your tickets if you do that

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:42

Drove from Dallas to New Orleans yesterday. Stayed vigilant to weather conditions along the way. Honestly, the road trip could not have been better. There was no traffic and minimal wind and rain along the way. Today the weather in New Orleans has been humid and small amounts of rain. Bourbon street shops and bars are mostly open.

Also will be posting a few videos late tomorrow night on my channel

New Orleans Stones show videos Late Monday

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:44

With GasLightStreet being so active yesterday one wonders if he got flooded or lost his power. Hope he's Ok.

Date: July 14, 2019 20:54

mtaylor
shattered
mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.

Ah, just making sure you didn't rob Peter to pay Paul and use the 17% you pay into NATO for your infrastructure. You originally mentioned this subject and I ain't gonna let this one go.

We do the best we can in the States. If you don't like pole lines, then don't visit.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2019 20:58

nick
With GasLightStreet being so active yesterday one wonders if he got flooded or lost his power. Hope he's Ok.

Was out and about in the storm surge!

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 14, 2019 21:02

Did you check to see if your ticket situation only a glitch in their system?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 21:05

shattered
mtaylor
shattered
mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.

Ah, just making sure you didn't rob Peter to pay Paul and use the 17% you pay into NATO for your infrastructure. You originally mentioned this subject and I ain't gonna let this one go.

We do the best we can in the States. If you don't like pole lines, then don't visit.

This! Yes! Exactly why I visit the "New Orleans Travel Show Info" thread, to read posts like this.

So, onto a subject totally unrelated to this thread, the NOLA show: Anyone watching earthcam NOLA today I'll walk by with my Stones shirt and wave.. Bit drizzly, some hotels are actually raising rates for Monday night already (spoke with three near venue yesterday and they mentioned some cancellations are trying to get back in now that show is Monday.. My own room went from $139 for Monday night to $249!). My drive down last night was uneventful, and I noticed a guy from Dallas yesterday said his was as well.. Streets are still a bit dead which is a strange feeling. I worked in Adak once after it was decommissioned and we'd walk around entire neighborhoods with no-one there.

I'll be at Holiday Inn lobby bar tonight, come on smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 21:12 by snoopy2.

Date: July 14, 2019 21:14

snoopy2
shattered
mtaylor
shattered
mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.

This! Yes! Exactly why I visit the "New Orleans Travel Show Info" thread, to read posts like this.

So, onto a subject totally unrelated to this thread, the NOLA show: Anyone watching earthcam NOLA today I'll walk by with my Stones shirt and wave.. Bit drizzly, some hotels are actually raising rates for Monday night already (spoke with three near venue yesterday and they mentioned some cancellations are trying to get back in now that show is Monday.. My own room went from $139 for Monday night to $249!). My drive down last night was uneventful, and I noticed a guy from Dallas yesterday said his was as well.. Streets are still a bit dead which is a strange feeling. I worked in Adak once after it was decommissioned and we'd walk around entire neighborohods with no-one there.

Snoopster, this dude really needed a reply comment.

I hope you get 25 songs. Something tells me that this one is going to be a scream and I hope they record it.smiling smiley

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 21:34

Anyone know if the Start Me Up VIP package they sold comes with any perks like early entry? If not I may as well get mine refunded and buy a $495 pit ticket and get the same experience.
For those considering coming, go for it. As others have mentioned you can’t beat the prices and the city is fine. We landed this morning (quick trip from Austin) and the city is fine. Rain is drizzly but not hard since we’ve been here and we haven’t found any standing water.
Look forward to seeing some of y’all!
-nathan

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: July 14, 2019 22:20

snoopy2
shattered
mtaylor
shattered
mtaylor
Lots of tickets left.

So, onto a subject totally unrelated to this thread, the NOLA show: Anyone watching earthcam NOLA today I'll walk by with my Stones shirt and wave.. Bit drizzly, some hotels are actually raising rates for Monday night already (spoke with three near venue yesterday and they mentioned some cancellations are trying to get back in now that show is Monday.. My own room went from $139 for Monday night to $249!). My drive down last night was uneventful, and I noticed a guy from Dallas yesterday said his was as well.. Streets are still a bit dead which is a strange feeling. I worked in Adak once after it was decommissioned and we'd walk around entire neighborhoods with no-one there.

If they are raising the rates, it's not for some half filled rock show.

Unfortunately they would be doing it for homeowners that has lost power or flooded out and need a place to stay.

Many states have price-gouging laws when State of Emergencies are in effect. Hopefully Louisiana has the same.

Plus if you staying in the CBD district, rates are higher during the week due to business travel as opposed to weekends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 22:58 by OneHourPhoto.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 14, 2019 22:42

Nikkei
YOu can't cancel a show due to slow ticket sales. Who is going to buy your tickets if you do that

It does not happen. It is just something people think is happening. It is a misunderstanding. The Rolling Stones are prepaid. They would perform if just one person is buying a ticket (me).

Bjornulf

Date: July 14, 2019 22:43

GasLightStreet
nick

Was out and about in the storm surge!

Lol. Funny stuff. And TWC still live And on site at many locations still pumping doom and gloom possibilities

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-14 22:52 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:01

longhorn14
Anyone know if the Start Me Up VIP package they sold comes with any perks like early entry? If not I may as well get mine refunded and buy a $495 pit ticket and get the same experience.
For those considering coming, go for it. As others have mentioned you can’t beat the prices and the city is fine. We landed this morning (quick trip from Austin) and the city is fine. Rain is drizzly but not hard since we’ve been here and we haven’t found any standing water.
-nathan

No early entry for VIP packages, info from another fan who bought them this time around. The tote looks nice, but if you don’t want the minor goods, I’d turn yours in for the regular pit ticket, if you can. Good luck.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 14, 2019 23:07

bv
Nikkei

It does not happen. It is just something people think is happening. It is a misunderstanding. The Rolling Stones are prepaid. They would perform if just one person is buying a ticket (me).

They could offer the remaining tickets for free.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:10

Chris Fountain

What's the latest news? Is the show still on?

Tweet by Keith: "Sitting it out. See you tomorrow at the Dome" - [Twitter.com] .

Song-Vote is still on: "Vote for which track you want the Stones to perform in NOLA tomorrow night!" - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:15

mtaylor
bv
Nikkei

They could offer the remaining tickets for free.

To quote Nikkei "Who is going to buy your tickets if you do that" cool smiley

No doubt there will be real deals to be had for this.. and plenty of upgrades, official and non-official smiling smiley
Glad for those that can take advantage, sorry for those who were/are inpacted by the storm. Believe this will end up being a special show for those that stuck it out!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:18

any pic of the stage in the dome ??

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:29

Lucky Dips are back

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

Harpo

Date: July 14, 2019 23:39

Harpo
Lucky Dips are back

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

Harpo

25.50. That is a good deal

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:54

mtaylor
Harpo
Lucky Dips are back

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

Harpo

25.50. That is a good deal

Get your kicks on Stones Lucky Dips! grinning smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:57

I know a few Stones fans from Europe who are going to be in New Orleans for the gig, and I'm sure everything will be O.K. with the weather.
I hope the Lucky Dippers get very lucky with The Pit or good seats , from refunded tix.
Also would be great to give out the tix for free on Monday to anyone who wants to see the gig...……….if it looks like a half filled or patchy areas in the arena/stadium.
I just seen that Lucky Dips are back...…..for the first time (I maybe wrong) ,on this leg of the Tour. thumbs up

Date: July 14, 2019 23:59

Tons of tickets left. At least 40% are still left. And decent seats are still $450 Why not drop the price drastically and sell more?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 00:26

@shattered ya I hear ya.. and 25 songs would be great smiling smiley

Out and about, Quarter is much livelier today, live music, shops open, people out.. Just had my Central Grocery muffuletta fix, now a bloody mary and a nap!

edit: Started seeing the Stones shirts/hats today, it started many conversations, met people from a few different places and everyone is psyched

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 02:37 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 15, 2019 00:29

Still no litho artwork posted?

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 00:48

Thanks angee! They already sent the swag (minus the litho) to my house a few days ago. I’d send it back if they asked (if I got refunded). When I did s similar package in Madrid years ago they had early entry—but I’ve not ever seen it again in the US. I might go to the Superdome to see if they are selling tix there and once I have them in hand, get refunded on the others. Ordinarily I might find it repugnant to do such s thing, but I have zero sympathy for brokers/promoters so I can find a way to justify my conscience.

Longhorn14

longhorn14
-nathan
Angee

No early entry for VIP packages, info from another fan who bought them this time around. The tote looks nice, but if you don’t want the minor goods, I’d turn yours in for the regular pit ticket, if you can. Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 00:55 by longhorn14.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home