Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2019 21:35

swimtothemoon
I was able to change hotel and air reservations without penalty due to the storm.
Moved both out by a day. Anyone looking to do the same should do so right away and mention the storm as your reason for the rescheduling.

Excellent! thumbs up

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 12, 2019 21:57

bv
Hurricane Barry may not be a problem for those in New Orleans who live in safe homes, but many do not have safe homes. Also, the area where the center of the hurricane is passing by will suffer more, that is why they call for evacuation there, west of New Orleans.

The poor alays suffer more. Let's hope, wherever Barry takes his path, the people there are save or get help by those who can give help!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 12, 2019 22:21

Never a dull moment on tour. I bailed on this trip a few days ago when all the weather reports started coming in but to all living and visiting NOLA, please be safe.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: July 12, 2019 22:41

Would that be a moment for the band to start using the live stream function of their app?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: July 12, 2019 22:42

Refund tickets showing up now on ticketmaster. If I were going and had expensive tickets to this show I would refund the tickets I have now and buy better ones for 1/2 the price Sunday or Monday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 22:46 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 12, 2019 22:51

tonyc
The good news is for anyone not going Ticketmaster will have to give a refund.

I bought through Vivid. They do not give refunds unless the show is cancelled. Lesson learned.

Date: July 12, 2019 23:02

steffialicia
tonyc

I bought through Vivid. They do not give refunds unless the show is cancelled. Lesson learned.

Good point. I was just looking at stub hub for Miami tickets.

Date: July 12, 2019 23:10

jumpontopofmebaby
steffialicia
tonyc

Good point. I was just looking at stub hub for Miami tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 23:11 by steffialicia.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2019 23:39

My girlfriend has 5 tickets on Vivid. I'm not telling her they probably won't sell.

Date: July 12, 2019 23:43

GasLightStreet
My girlfriend has 5 tickets on Vivid. I'm not telling her they probably won't sell.

or will sell for much less

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2019 23:45

GasLightStreet
And she's not the original buyer eligible for refund from TM??
That's a drag.

One thing this tour has reinforced, buying from resellers can come back to bite.

Date: July 12, 2019 23:46

No rain in NO right now, and hasn't been all day, with exception to a passing band here and there.

Breezy out.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 13, 2019 00:39

Pit Keith side on Stubhub at 360, cheapest section 600s 25!
Wich i could be there on Monday, but no sad smiley

Date: July 13, 2019 00:41

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
That's a drag.

One thing this tour has reinforced, buying from resellers can come back to bite.

I bought mine through the Superdome. She bought hers on Vivid. I didn't know that. She's not very happy.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 13, 2019 00:44

Suggestion for meeting place in New Orleans:

I know some stay at the Hyatt Regency, and the next door Hyatt House, which is close to the Superdome, just a 5-10 minutes walk. It is on 601 Loyola Avenue, also close to Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, also near Aloft.

There are several restaurants and bars at the Hyatt Regency:

[www.hyatt.com]

My favorite is the Borgne, the ground floor seafood restaurant. It closed after the storm Wednesday, due to water and humidity at ground level, and I was the last customer today, before they closed once more, for the new storm, but they will be open on Monday. I will probably be there for lunch Monday at around noon. They do take reservations, and as it is show day, everything after 2pm is fully booked.

For drinks on show day, and in general, if you live in the near area, I would recommend the 3rd floor sports bar and restaurant of the Hyatt Regency:

Vitascope Hall

They do not take any reservations, and they will probably be ok before the show, they say, even if they might get crowdy from 5pm and on, but by then I will be heading for the show anyway.

Feel free to make other suggestions, but with the weater forecasts, I don't see many options really for the week-end and on show day.

Bjornulf

Date: July 13, 2019 00:52

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
That's a drag.

I bought mine through the Superdome. She bought hers on Vivid. I didn't know that. She's not very happy.

I'm not either, if it makes her feel any better.

Date: July 13, 2019 00:53

Don't let the rain keep you in, BV! Many people just walk in the rain in New Orleans. It's the other kind of wet.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 13, 2019 00:58

Best Wishes to you all that are going to the gig, that everything will work out O.K.
I will be watching it all happening on IORR in the early hours of the morning ,about 10 miles where they started from here in the U.K. smileys with beer

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 13, 2019 02:28

GasLightStreet

How did she end up with 5 extra tickets? Did everyone bail on the show because of the storm?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 13, 2019 02:29

Took this of Ivan with Dumpstafunk at Jazz Fest - Love his Black & Gold Stones tongue .. As he told an audience at a club show that evening: "You want to start your day at 9am, but now it's noon, well you start at noon." Time passed doesn't matter, start now

Cookies crumble, balls bounce, and if they're gonna play I'm gonna do my best to show up, rain, wind, shine smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-13 02:35 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 13, 2019 02:53

Despite these ongoing ticket ordeals, Hats off to GaslightStreet for staying cool , calm and collected and assuring others during this chaos.

The tickets and other matters will work themselves out - they will!!!!smiling smiley

Date: July 13, 2019 03:01

I did some walking in the city streets around 6pm. The streets were almost empty. Very few cars, very few people out. There was some rain and wind earlier today, but right then at 6pm the sun was shining, the wind was calm, and it was just like nothing would happen during the next twelve hours. Now at 7pm the rain is back.

This is what the New Orleans and Louisiana authorities are saying now:

- Hurrycane Barry will drop two feet of rain during the next two days
- There has been declared a state of emergency for the area
- New Orleans officials say don't be outside after 8pm - keep off the streets
- Hurricane Barry is moving slowly at 8 miles/hour (10 km/h) and will do landfall Saturday morning

Stay safe everyone in New Orleans. Be smart.

Bjornulf

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: July 13, 2019 03:02

So this article says "The date of the concert [Rolling Stones] could potentially change AGAIN due to the lingering impacts from Barry." The big threat is not from the winds but from the torrential rain that could result in life-threatening flooding. [www.accuweather.com]

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 13, 2019 03:19

For anyone planning to fly this weekend several airlines are suspending travel into New Orleans on Saturday due to the pending storm. Southwest Airlines is the latest to join the list. The good news is most airlines are offering refunds or free itinerary changes provided you meet the travel guidelines. Here is a list of airlines participating in this program.

[thepointsguy.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-13 03:22 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 13, 2019 03:22

I just saw the Weather Underground Channel update on this hour the Storm has slowed to 6 miles an hour . the winds are the same at ~65 mph.

Not sure what would happen if the Storm keeps slowing down other than more potential flooding , which is the true evil sister of Wind Damage and wreaks havoc. Like folks have been saying Gulf water temps are high. The Storm force doesn't seem to be pulling energy from my area of Florida anymore. Maybe the storm stalls - what then? There seems to be no definitive answer at this point.

I just don't want folks to have to go to other states again and try to find shelter. Memories of Louisiana natives having to stay in Houston did not fare well during the aftermath of Katrina. It was strange if not sad.

Date: July 13, 2019 03:47

TornAndFried
GasLightStreet

How did she end up with 5 extra tickets? Did everyone bail on the show because of the storm?

Her kids and some friends were gonna come down. With the show moving, they can't make it now.

Date: July 13, 2019 03:55

The storm is now quite slow, moving WNW at 4 mph. The storm is not the problem, but all the water it is dumping on it's way, and at half speed, the rain i.e. flooding volum is getting double:

[www.cnn.com]

This is what NOLA.com is saying about it:

The dual threat in New Orleans: How high river, Tropical Storm Barry mix for dire potential

Winds will not be the main threat Barry brings. Instead, the broad, 150-mile-wide storm’s main impacts are expected to come from the massive rainfall totals it could bring across much of the state and the surge it will push into coastal areas.

“Don’t be fooled by what the wind speed is. Focus on that rain threat,” said Tim Oram, a meteorologist acting as decision support services coordinator for Barry at the National Hurricane Center.

Bjornulf

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 13, 2019 04:01

Sadly our flight is cancelled from Boston tomorrow cause of the weather situation in Nola. Try to fly on Monday to Nola

Date: July 13, 2019 04:07

On a side note - Flood Insurance is the most expensive to buy in US. More than Wind Damage Insurance or just regular Home Insurance, which covers that event or vandalism , etc...

You have to take pics of everything in your house, which I need to do because anything can happen as we are a sea level peninsula in these parts.

This is a wakeup call. Nothing to put off.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 13, 2019 04:10

campxray
So this article says "The date of the concert [Rolling Stones] could potentially change AGAIN due to the lingering impacts from Barry." The big threat is not from the winds but from the torrential rain that could result in life-threatening flooding. [www.accuweather.com]

Wow....

"Not only have flights been delayed in New Orleans, but so has this weekend's Rolling Stones concert.
Mick Jagger and the rest of the Rolling Stones were set to perform in the Superdome on Sunday, but the concert has been moved to Monday due to Barry.
The date of the concert could potentially change again due to the lingering impacts from Barry".

------------------------------------------------------------------

If the date is changed again, it potentially could have an impact on the following show in Jacksonville scheduled for the 19th causing a domino effect.
Might be a stretch to think that far ahead (or to even think it at all ha), but at this point anything is possible!

The Heart valves, Hurricanes, and Honky Tonk Women Tour 2019!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-13 04:11 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home