Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: July 12, 2019 18:39

The good news is for anyone not going Ticketmaster will have to give a refund.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2019 18:49

Spud
It's impossible to get these calls right,

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

So true.
Postponing a day seems like a reasonable move at this point.

Not certain, but believe the short postponement should allow those that would rather obtain a refund, as many have stated they wanted, the opportunity to do so.

While NO is a destination spot, the majority of fans attending will still likely be local, and the extra day will make it easier for them to safely attend. For the majority of fans, this seems like it should be welcome news.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 12, 2019 18:50

tonyc
The good news is for anyone not going Ticketmaster will have to give a refund.

That's a very good point.

It may be inconvenient for some folks , but those unable to go will routinely be refunded.

It may have been very difficult for folks experiencing travel difficulties to get a refund if the show hadn't been moved.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 12, 2019 18:55

Everyone who bought their tickets on Ticketmaster will be getting an email shortly with postponement information and instructions on obtaining a refund if necessary.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:01

Sounds like the Stones did "the right thing" with this mini-postponement, or at least did they best they could considering the circumstances.

Better than cancelling as those who are still able and willing will be able to attend, while those who are unable and/or unwilling will be able to get a refund.
Yes it probably screws up many fan's travel plans (non refundable flights, change fees, etc.), but at least you can get a ticket refund now and purchase tix to a future show.
Lots available for Glendale for example, and there's no risk of any hurricanes...

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:11

Based on everything I've seen and read up to this point regarding forecasts, etc.: This was the right call made at exactly the right time - God bless the Stones and their management - stay safe everyone and enjoy the real crossfire
hurricane on Monday!

YCAGWYW!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 19:12 by UGot2Rollme.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:25

MainStreetExile
Oh God, everyone's so worried about growing old, how about growing up?

Stop looking for Daddy to make all your decisions for you -- it's not the Stones' responsibility to determine what you do with your life, it's yours. You have the information, you decide whether or not you want to risk it. Use that dormant organ between your ears and weigh the pros and cons -- even if the show comes off, what's the deal going to be on the roads, in the airports. Air traffic in NY can be screwed up because of a hurricane that doesn't come near JFK. Air traffic can be screwed up by two hours of fog or a goose with a bad sense of direction. Can you negotiate that? Is it a matter of your being in danger, or of you simply being frustrated and uncomfortable? Whatever. Of course the situation stinks. That's not debatable. But make your own decisions and stop whining. If you don't want to lose your hotel and airfare money, then cancel. If you want to risk it, then shut up. Or how about this -- if you want to fly and stay in a reserved hotel room instead of doing a road trip and staying at some roadside dump to catch some sleep, then GET TRAVELER'S INSURANCE.

this is my favourite comment on IORR. tell it like it is my friend

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:27

Another positive aspect to this minor delay - many who were uncommitted, didn't have tix yet, had to work on Sunday, etc. etc., etc, will now have the opportunity to see the Stones on Monday!
I bet there will be PLENTY tix available at discount rates given the many that are refunded, not to mention it was a very slow selling show in the first place.
If I was someone who lived anywhere near New Orleans (within 300 miles) and hadn't had tix already, I'd start filling up the gas tank right now knowing I could see the Stones as cheap as possible.

Gonna be a GREAT show - definitely a unique one - and looking forward to hearing all about it. Have a great time for all those in attendance! thumbs up

Date: July 12, 2019 19:34

Moved to Monday?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:41

Rare opportunity to see the Stones at a very cheap price, not to mention it was a very slow selling show.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 19:42 by powerage78.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 12, 2019 19:46

It's weird - the Low Pressure is pulling moisture across my area (The treasure coast of Florida- Stuart , West Palm beach, etc..) into its system. Clouds are moving in a northwest direction into that energy system.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:07

Maybe a publicity photo opportunity of the band in a rowboat with Daryl and Chuck manning the oars?

Hope everyone stays dry and enjoys an extra pre-show day there. Even with a hurricane threatening, there will still be great food and music to enjoy.

The twice-postponed New Orleans show, somewhat extraordinary.

Date: July 12, 2019 20:08

powerage78
Rare opportunity to see the Stones at a very cheap price, not to mention it was a very slow selling show.

You can buy a ticket for less than $30 on StubHub now. I bet you can get one for less at the venue. The stadium will be half-empty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 21:13 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:09

SHOW IN NEW ORLEANS MOVED TO MONDAY JULY 15 !!!

The show in New Orleans has been postponed by one day until Monday July 15.

I know it has been posted before here, but I am just repeating it now, due to the confusion. Official statements:

Rollingstones.com:
UPDATE FROM NEW ORLEANS: Due to the weather we’re moving Sunday’s Superdome show to Monday. Hang onto your tickets, they will be honored on July 15. We’re here with you — we’ll get through this together.

NOLA.com: Rolling Stones postpone Superdome concert to Monday because of Tropical Storm Barry

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-13 19:56 by bv.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:10

TornAndFried
powerage78

You can buy a ticket for less than $30 on StubHub. I bet you can get one for less at the venue. The stadium will be half-empty.

No because you can return your ticket now. Why sell a ticket below face value when you can return it?

Date: July 12, 2019 20:22

hockenheim95
TornAndFried
powerage78

You can buy a ticket for less than $30 on StubHub. I bet you can get one for less at the venue. The stadium will be half-empty.

No, because you can return your ticket now. Why sell a ticket below face value when you can return it?

Only the original purchaser of the tickets is entitled to a refund from Ticketmaster due to the postponement. There will be plenty of cheap tickets on StubHub and elsewhere because many of those available were already resold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 20:26 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:26

hockenheim95
TornAndFried
powerage78

No because you can return your ticket now. Why sell a ticket below face value when you can return it?

Yet as of this minute, many, many, well below face still available on Stubhub.
Gotta think the refund option info hasn't reached many yet, and as noted above, only original buyer can be refunded. There are great deals in most categories, most with instant download. If I had a full priced ticket I would strongly consider returning and repurchase a discounted one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 20:28 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:30

Kurt
jumpontopofmebaby
This mornings info on he weather channel has it not being quite as bad.

All the best to everyone!
Just keep in mind that "the weather" is a guaranteed money maker for the news media...

They love their storms and their chaos and their dirty laundry.

hard knocks and dirty sox.

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:31

Exactly. Sell back full priced (TM refund) ticket. Buy new lower priced ticket from TM/venue. My wife and I foolishly bought pit VIP which cost a fortune. After we bought we saw pit non-vip being offered for 1/3 the price. This might be just crazy enough to work!

MisterDDDD
hockenheim95
TornAndFried
powerage78

Yet as of this minute, many, many, well below face still available on Stubhub.
Gotta think the refund option info hasn't reached many yet, and with instant download there are great deals in most categories. If I had a full priced ticket I would strongly consider returning and repurchase a discounted one.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:36

Javadave
Maybe a publicity photo opportunity of the band in a rowboat with Daryl and Chuck manning the oars?

Hope everyone stays dry and enjoys an extra pre-show day there. Even with a hurricane threatening, there will still be great food and music to enjoy.

The twice-postponed New Orleans show, somewhat extraordinary.

I think the Syracuse show I went to in 1998 was postponed twice.

Date: July 12, 2019 20:47

Ticketmaster gave excellent help again. They have earned their fees on these tickets.

Got a helpful person on chat and have full refund with fees of the cross fire hurricane postponed ticketssmileys with beer

Stay safe and those that are there let us know how it is and the show.
Just can’t personally turn 20 hours of driving canceled hotels with flooded first floors and limited food around on a dime

No concert is worth risking injury and loss of a car.

Later

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 20:48 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:50

Yet another reschedule.

Next tour hould be called "NO RESCHEDULE TOUR" and it will take place on another planet, where everything works out as planned, hehehe ... grinning smiley

Seriously: RIGHT DECISION! Safety first! The music never dies ... and the Stones will roll 1 day later, so what the f##k...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2019 20:55

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
Predictions change, as well as forecasts.

Barry is barely a storm. This thing has been overhyped. TWC sucks as usual - and I don't even watch that crap - I'm seeing things people are posting that show them talking about Hurricane Irma for Barry.

It won't be a hurricane. It never was. It has nothing on top. There are small rain bands moving around a bit inland but otherwise this is just another cool summer day.

Go ask a first responder about people w/ this attitude...they have to rescue 100s of them EVERY SINGLE storm.....

Nice exaggeration.

Date: July 12, 2019 21:01

GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet

Barry is barely a storm. This thing has been overhyped. TWC sucks as usual - and I don't even watch that crap - I'm seeing things people are posting that show them talking about Hurricane Irma for Barry.

It won't be a hurricane. It never was. It has nothing on top. There are small rain bands moving around a bit inland but otherwise this is just another cool summer day.

Go ask a first responder about people w/ this attitude...they have to rescue 100s of them EVERY SINGLE storm.....

We will watch the news for you on a rooftop.

Nice exaggeration.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: July 12, 2019 21:11

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
ironbelly
As a man who was in New Orleans during Ivan and Katrina I would like to say to moaners and chickens - shame on you. This is just a tropical storm that, according to the latest predictions, will not even transform to a hurricane.

You are getting a lagniappe - a hurricane party. Grab your beer and dance on the streets winking smiley

I assume you don't live in the Lower 9th Ward....

Feel free to head on down there and give me a report about how the "Hurricane Party" is going down in that part of the city....unless you are "chicken" of course.

if "you were there" for Ivan and Katrina you should already know what these tropical storms mean for poor people in places like the Lower 9th Ward...it's no party and it never is....2000 people died in Katrina, thousands more lost EVERYTHING....my God.

Is this current storm the End of the World? Nope...but many people's lives will be ruined during your "Hurricane Party"...

try thinking about them for a minute.

Are you talking about the rain that hasn't happened? New Orleans floods often. There may be some flooding from rain bands... but it's not going to be anything like Katrina, it will just be normal. You're talking about 2 different things that aren't related. Of course there's possibility, Home Depot is sponsoring it. But there's no need to invent hysteria based on something from 2005 that isn't happening for something that hasn't and most likely won't happen.

You forgot the word "yet" at the end of your first sentence.

look...if it turns out NOT to be a storm, that is wonderful news all around.

I HOPE I am wrong and you are right. I hope there is not a drop of rain.

but, since when did caution and respect for nature in the face of evidence of a possible hurricane become a BAD thing (ie. "chicken")?

I'm also saying that making light of ANY storm that will ruin lives is lame..."grab a beer, it's a party!!"

I agree/know it won't be Katrina, but it will mess up a LOT of people's lives....especially the old, the sick and the poor....ie. the most vulnerable.

the French Quarter will be fine and will be a party. Rah, rah...it always is...this is the RICH area....So, sitting there, drinking and call everybody else "chicken" is quite pretentious.

I'm also saying that trying to out-guess nature and assuming the BEST in this situation is simply foolish.

a) There is a Tropical Storm w/ Lots of Rain in the Gulf near NO.

b) the MS River is already WELL above its normal height

c) New Orleans "floods often" (your words)

d) This storm could bring 2 feet of rain

given all of that...if people wish to take the "nothing to worry about" attitude, that's fine w/ me....just don't call those who exercise some caution "chickens" and try not to mock those who live in Flood Zones b/c they are poor by saying it is cause for a party, not concern.

The thing is, New Orleans floods several times a year, yet right now you're going on and on and on about a tropical storm that's barely holding together and making it sound like a national disaster, but when we get regular rain storms that flood the city... it's only now it matters?

There are a lot of could bes. We've seen this kind of thing a lot. I've got a lot of friends in New Orleans and they all have the same view on it - oh well, can't (whatever) or they go do whatever. It's part of living there. In 1998 I woke up to hearing waves under my bed. During Katrina the media was saying there was no way in and no way out, yet people were coming and going because there is a way in and a way out. Magically Kyle Turley showed up with a semi full of drinking water.

There's a lot of media involved hyping the shit out of these things. The joke of Jim Cantore showing up. National news showing a puddle with a guy in boots standing in it while in the background people are going about their lives.

When it's bad it's actually bad... and everyone knows it in New Orleans. Hurricane Isaac was bad. But it all comes with the territory.

Perhaps the question that should be asked, aside from the possibility of the river jumping and then no drinking water all the way up past Baton Rouge and the entire region depending on the river would have to evacuate is why do people still live there with the idea that the levees will work when it's been proven that they don't?

Is that a good mentality? If you live in certain areas, sure, it's no big deal in terms of the immediateness of it, but a majority of what is now New Orleans was built in swamps that should never've been built up. The Lower 9th Ward should not've been built period yet.... Hell, the entire region is river mud that got deposited on a sandbar.

So it goes.

Date: July 12, 2019 21:18

MidnightDevilRambler
GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet

We will watch the news for you on a rooftop.

Nice exaggeration.

List EVERY SINGLE storm people have been rescued from.

Date: July 12, 2019 21:20

I think moving the show from Sunday to Monday was a good decition. There will be a lot of infrastucture issues Sunday. Also, when the show is postponed, show tickets may be refunded.

Bjornulf

Date: July 12, 2019 21:21

Barry is projected to be a hurricane prior to landfall. Shouldn't "be a problem" in New Orleans due to the winds at the storm being 75mph near Morgan City, which is a good way away from New Orleans.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 12, 2019 21:27

I was able to change hotel and air reservations without penalty due to the storm.
Moved both out by a day. Anyone looking to do the same should do so right away and mention the storm as your reason for the rescheduling.

Date: July 12, 2019 21:34

Hurricane Barry may not be a problem for those in New Orleans who live in safe homes, but many do not have safe homes. Also, the area where the center of the hurricane is passing by will suffer more, that is why they call for evacuation there, west of New Orleans.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home