Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 12, 2019 00:31

Maybe they should start rehearsing "Like A Hurricane" for the next song vote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 00:40 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 12, 2019 00:32

Everyone - Stay safe!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 12, 2019 00:38

I'm not sure how our boys will cope with limited room service.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 12, 2019 01:08

MisterDDDD
bye bye johnny

See you Sunday in the Crescent City! Don't forget to create your custom Stones playlist for the journey: [nofilterplaylist.rollingstones.com] #stonesnofilter

[twitter.com]

Mostly brutal replies to this begging/demanding a postponement.
Problem is, this one wouldn't get rescheduled I don't believe, likely just cancelled.

Tweet's been removed. Perhaps someone realized circumstances dictate something other than boilerplate [insert city here] social media blasts.

That or they didn't want to read any more negative replies...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 12, 2019 01:19

If the Stones Cancel - and there is a an evacuation, the concert could be rescheduled for the first week in September?

Wouldn't some fans benefit by return of hotel deposits, canceled and free rescheduled flights with ticket reimbursement, so forth?

Date: July 12, 2019 01:29

Chris Fountain
If the Stones Cancel - and there is a an evacuation, the concert could be rescheduled for the first week in September?

Wouldn't some fans benefit by return of hotel deposits, canceled and free rescheduled flights with ticket reimbursement, so forth?

The New Orleans Saints have a pre-season game at home on August 29 and their first regular season home game on September 9 so it's possible to reschedule this show in the Superdome around September 4, or move it to the arena.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 12, 2019 01:34

TornAndFried
Chris Fountain

The New Orleans Saints have a pre-season game at home on August 29 and their first regular season home game on September 9 so it's possible to reschedule this show in the Superdome around September 4, or move it to the arena.

How about the Stones playing in Baton Rouge? I think they can beat the LSU Tigers!!

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: July 12, 2019 01:40

TornAndFried
Chris Fountain

Should show be cancelled, I would say that after 2 'acts of God' happening, the Stones should not try again.

Date: July 12, 2019 01:48

campxray
TornAndFried
Chris Fountain

Should show be cancelled, I would say that after 2 'acts of God' happening, the Stones should not try again.

Not sure how many seats were sold but judging from the abundance of cheap tickets available on StubHub I would guess it's far from a sell-out. Since this is an "Act of God," should they need to cancel their insurance will cover it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 01:53 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2019 01:49

They would have better results playing the Smoothie King Center than the Superdome regarding attendance.

Date: July 12, 2019 02:08

And the rain falls down.

When I planned my trips for this tour after the reschedule I was concerned about the Miami concert at almost the peak of the hurricane season.

Remember hurricane Andrew anyone?

Now the geez I am not sure if I want to fly in on Friday.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 02:11

Dunno, this doesn't look too promising... Hoping for the best for everyone - on all fronts!

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 12, 2019 02:14

Chris Fountain
I heard on the radio that are mandatory evacuations- Is this true?

What?!? It's NOTHING! It's not going to be a hurricane at this point, it's not even really a tropical storm! It's a shoo shoo!

Date: July 12, 2019 02:16

Nothing happening except a breeze. The top half has nothing to it. This storm is a bust.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2019 02:18

JN99
Dunno, this doesn't look too promising... Hoping for the best for everyone - on all fronts!

[www.facebook.com]

Locked group(?) Gist??

Date: July 12, 2019 02:26

After reading BV's post, this looks very serious!

Travel is too risky for me. I don't need the stress and it would be surprising if The Stones can pull off this show. Its risky for the band too, flying in this weather. I'm not going and I don't want them to risk it either.

Date: July 12, 2019 02:31

BitchKeepsBitchin
After reading BV's post, this looks very serious!

Travel is too risky for me. I don't need the stress and it would be surprising if The Stones can pull off this show. Its risky for the band too, flying in this weather. I'm not going and I don't want them to risk it either.

Apparently most of the band is already in New Orleans...or on their way now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 02:31 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 02:34

Why would you risk going down there most likely the area could be with out power stones should postpone this for all involved.

Date: July 12, 2019 02:36

This thing has gotten blown out of proportion because of a bunch of would be's and people in New Orleans saying "It's never flooded on my street like this!" when they've only been there for 3 years (you can read about the gentrification of New Orleans and that's part of it) and they don't know how New Orleans works.

The flooding has nothing to do with Barry, that's just a normal thing, it happens a bit too much. There's no RAIN, just the odd rain band here and there, nothing CATASTROPHIC like all the news dolts are spewing.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 12, 2019 02:48

Tough call at this point. If they cancel/postpone and the storm fizzles out, egg on face big time. If they stick to the schedule and the storm wreaks havoc, egg on face big time. All good wishes that the show goes on.

Date: July 12, 2019 02:49

GasLightStreet
This thing has gotten blown out of proportion because of a bunch of would be's and people in New Orleans saying "It's never flooded on my street like this!" when they've only been there for 3 years (you can read about the gentrification of New Orleans and that's part of it) and they don't know how New Orleans works.

The flooding has nothing to do with Barry, that's just a normal thing, it happens a bit too much. There's no RAIN, just the odd rain band here and there, nothing CATASTROPHIC like all the news dolts are spewing.

I think this seems to be the biggest worry. There is already flooding in the city.

[www.msn.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2019 02:51

This explains current conditions and what's likely very well.

Thursday evening video update on Tropical Storm
[youtu.be]

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 12, 2019 03:03

GasLightStreet

Thanks gaslightstreet... That sounds much better to me... Our flight will be on Saturday morning from Boston.... Our hotel is the Lafayette... Hope it will all OK and thanks for updating us... Keep rocking

Date: July 12, 2019 03:03

MisterDDDD
This explains current conditions and what's likely very well.

Thursday evening video update on Tropical Storm
[youtu.be]

Yep. Just... nothing.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 03:19

MisterDDDD
JN99

[www.facebook.com]

Locked group(?) Gist??

Ha, yes so it is. Sorry about that. It’s a photo of the load in trucks, unloaded so that’s good but basically they’re in what looks to be about a foot of water just outside the Superdome.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: July 12, 2019 03:31

plane arrival pictures
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 12, 2019 03:37

Shouldn't the web song vote be up by now?

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 03:56

I vote. Who will stop the rain..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 12, 2019 04:09

Chris Fountain
I heard on the radio that are mandatory evacuations- Is this true?

No info about that. They are more worried about river flooding I think.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 12, 2019 04:15

I hope everybody has a good time.. remember the dome was a haven in the time of katrina. safe!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home