Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28
Re: Maybe a private show coming up?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 4, 2019 00:52

Xam
I did not say club show. I said private show...

and unless it was all imagination/kidding... they played a private show the last time they played in the states.

Tue Oct 25 2016 Gillette Stadium tent Foxboro (near Boston) MA, USA 300

And reading that review.... another goofball blathering the "LAST TIME THEY WILL... blah blah blah...

"Now the Boston Herald published that Robert Kraft would have mentioned that this show was going to be legendary as it was possibly going to be the last show in the US ever...."

I read several Candadian reports saying this same thing after the recent show...
I have read that same thing posted so many times in the last 30 years that is has become a "point and laugh at people who talk like that". They post that stuff as if there is a prize for finally accidentally being correct... as correct as a stopped clock is twice a day.

Id rather be optimistic, and it has worked well for me (but I am usually in the minority on that).

To give credit to the statement, it certainly "was possibly going to be the last show in the US ever".

That's not really saying a lot if you actually read and interpret what the words are.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: July 4, 2019 01:04

I was hoping for an El Mocambo club show before tour start or after Burl's Creek, but everyone was pretty quick to shoot the possibility down and they were right, it never happened. If this tour wasn't exceptionally long, I'd say there would at least be a possibility of a club show in the week off or after Miami, but due to the length of the tour, I highly doubt it as well.

"It's Only Rock N' Roll, But I Like It"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 4, 2019 02:10

trevormcmullin
I was hoping for an El Mocambo club show before tour start or after Burl's Creek, but everyone was pretty quick to shoot the possibility down and they were right, it never happened. If this tour wasn't exceptionally long, I'd say there would at least be a possibility of a club show in the week off or after Miami, but due to the length of the tour, I highly doubt it as well.

"It's Only Rock N' Roll, But I Like It"

The Mocambo isn't open yet so that's one reason why it didn't happen.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 4, 2019 02:19

crawdaddy
HMS
They dont play clubs anymore, it´s too hot in there. They have always complained about the incredible heat in such small venues.
Too dangerous at their age, I think. They could use ventilators on stage but the cool air would make every bone in their bodies hurt like hell the next day. We have to accept that certain things are no longer possible for them.

I do agree with that. thumbs up

Yes well explained HMS thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2019 10:50

Xam

Two remarks :

- if they have to play for a very restricted amount of people I'm sure Jagger'd rather choose a private show ($$$$$) rather than a club show where they basically play for free.

- with a new, global, 2008-like recession looming, I doubt there's a single CEO on the American continent ready to "burn" a few millions to entertain him and his top execs for an hour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 10:54 by dcba.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 4, 2019 12:22

dcba
Xam

Two remarks :

- if they have to play for a very restricted amount of people I'm sure Jagger'd rather choose a private show ($$$$$) rather than a club show where they basically play for free.

- with a new, global, 2008-like recession looming, I doubt there's a single CEO on the American continent ready to "burn" a few millions to entertain him and his top execs for an hour.

But Bob Kraft did exactly that a couple of years ago... and we all know how it is with Stones shows... they are like roller coasters. You go, you have a blast, you get off and you want to go again (That is the way it works for me anyway). Bobby is worth over 6 Billion Dollars... and that dude knows how to have a good time! 15 Million is a tiny sum to him compared to the bragging rights of hosting a private Stones show. And the only thing better than hosting a Private Stones show... ? ?

Hosting 2 Stones shows!!
... Maybe inviting some friends up from Miami...
Maybe they could use that Double Tongue design for posters! For his 2 private shows!

But it is NOT to be. All of the experts, insiders and know it alls have checked in and assured us that there will be no show. It is just a regular 7 day tour break. They are old. It wont happen. Nothing to see here... move along folks.

When it officially does not happen, I will do my duty and admit the whole thing was a stupid waste of time and precious web pages... after all... it is not like internet space grows out of thin air.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 4, 2019 13:26

HMS
They dont play clubs anymore, it´s too hot in there. They have always complained about the incredible heat in such small venues.
Too dangerous at their age, I think. They could use ventilators on stage but the cool air would make every bone in their bodies hurt like hell the next day. We have to accept that certain things are no longer possible for them.

I am guessing that ventilator means fan in British English. This shines a new light on Ventilator Blues which at least Mick Taylor gets residuals from maybe 50 dollars every few months.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:13

Millionaires watching Millionaires? smiling smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 18:18

ROLLINGSTONE
Millionaires watching Millionaires? smiling smiley

Nearly. More like Billionaires watching Millionaires. The Stones playing for an audience mostly richer than them instead of the other way round winking smiley

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:12

I think there's a decent chance of a guest appearance by at least one band member this week. It's going to be a pretty good show either way.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 9, 2019 16:47

SecondSet
I think there's a decent chance of a guest appearance by at least one band member this week. It's going to be a pretty good show either way.

in your wet dreams. aint gonna happen
jeroen

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 9, 2019 17:37

There was that stop at Belly Up tavern on Zipcode. That one came from left field.
Also under the "Charity event" categorey.

Date: July 9, 2019 19:50

PalaisRoyale
There was that stop at Belly Up tavern on Zipcode. That one came from left field.
Also under the "Charity event" categorey.
That sure seemed unexpected to me, but I guess insiders knew it was coming...
but based on a couple of things happening now, it looks like this will be a 7 day break with no show.

I thought it was worth speculating on... but based on most replies it was a mistake to mention it. People seem to hate the idea.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2019 20:03

This tour is a rescheduled tour. They were lucky to make the list of the 17 shows, with quite a bit of zig zag travel. Tim is in London this week (see the IORR news), and the rest of the band is taking a break. There is a break on every tour leg now, for a week or so. I am in New Orleans now, and I don't worry much about club shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 9, 2019 20:15

bv
Tim is in London this week

And Karl is in Salt Lake City.

Date: July 9, 2019 20:15

I am actually amazed beyond belief at how well they are pulling off these 17 shows. It is amazing. Mick is amazing at how he... did what he did. How they kept all dates up until it was required to cancel them was impressive.

I did not know what to think as it was happening... and then Mick posts his UP AND AT EM video looking good and dancing... and then keep what was the final previously scheduled 2 dates! WOW!! And they re-set all the other date. Fulfilling their obligation. Talk about being pros, above and beyond Pros!

I am so impressed I am going to more shows than I was... if Mick can do it, all of us can.

All I can say is WOW!!! The Stones are amazing!... but then again... we knew that smoking smiley

Date: July 9, 2019 20:19

And if this thread disappeared/deleted maybe it should be.
I saw the gap and was speculating to heads up anyone close to the area... but now we know there will be now show.

Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Date: July 9, 2019 20:36

It does not make any sense to me to start a new thread about a possible club show based on a gap in the tour schedule only. They have such gaps on every tour. Every year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: July 9, 2019 21:47

Fans planning on attending New Orleans should monitor this website: National Hurricane Center

It currently states: A broad low pressure area has emerged over Apalachee Bay in the
northeastern Gulf of Mexico. Environmental conditions are expected
to be conducive for tropical cyclone formation and development
over the next several days, and a tropical depression is likely to
form by late Wednesday or Thursday while the system moves westward
across the northern Gulf of Mexico. An Air Force Reserve Unit
reconnaissance aircraft is scheduled to investigate the low on
Wednesday, if necessary. This disturbance has the potential to
produce heavy rainfall from the Upper Texas Coast to the Florida
Panhandle during the next several days. In addition, this system
could produce wind and storm surge impacts later this week or this
weekend from Louisiana to the Upper Texas coast, and interests along
the Gulf Coast should continue to monitor its progress. For more
information, please see products issued by your local weather
forecast office and the NOAA Weather Prediction Center.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 23:09

Gimme Shelter! ... No, but seriously, thx for this ... And now that we’re back on topic, I do believe we have an 80% chance of something else as well: Time Is On My Side

IGTBA
Fans planning on attending New Orleans should monitor this website: National Hurricane Center

It currently states: A broad low pressure area has emerged over Apalachee Bay in the
northeastern Gulf of Mexico. Environmental conditions are expected
to be conducive for tropical cyclone formation and development
over the next several days, and a tropical depression is likely to
form by late Wednesday or Thursday while the system moves westward
across the northern Gulf of Mexico. An Air Force Reserve Unit
reconnaissance aircraft is scheduled to investigate the low on
Wednesday, if necessary. This disturbance has the potential to
produce heavy rainfall from the Upper Texas Coast to the Florida
Panhandle during the next several days. In addition, this system
could produce wind and storm surge impacts later this week or this
weekend from Louisiana to the Upper Texas coast, and interests along
the Gulf Coast should continue to monitor its progress. For more
information, please see products issued by your local weather
forecast office and the NOAA Weather Prediction Center.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.

Date: July 9, 2019 23:14

bv
It does not make any sense to me to start a new thread about a possible club show based on a gap in the tour schedule only. They have such gaps on every tour. Every year.

BV,

Where are you staying? We are at the Conti Hotel, if close how about a beer?
Going to the meetup before the show?

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: July 9, 2019 23:32

It seems like rain will hit New Orleans for the rest of the week on and off at times. The papers say there is an average of one named hurricane per year in the month of July, so probaly not a hurricane coming up. I there is a hurricane coming up, it might hit random any place from east of Florida towards here in Louisiana. Anyway, it will be wet at times.

I see the local people do carry an umbrella walking in the streets here in New Orleans, and the reataurants have plastic bags for wet umprellas. Luckily there is a roof on the superdome!

Barry is the name of the next hurricane. Hopefully Hurricane Barry will go another way, if it is happening.

CNN:

The Gulf Coast could get walloped with a foot of rain in the next few days

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 06:01 by bv.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 23:47

"but we might run into the first rain set list, still I hope not"

I'm thinking because it's a fully-enclosed stadium that there would be no rain set-list here smiling smiley

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 9, 2019 23:49

bv
It seems like rain will hit New Orleans for the rest of the week on and off at times. The papers say there is an average of one named hurricane per year in the month of July, so probaly not a hurricane coming up. I there is a hurricane coming up, it might hit random any place from east of Florida towards here in Louisiana. Anyway, it will be wet at times.

I see the local people do carry an umbrella walking in the streets here in New Orleans, and the reataurants have plastic bags for wet umprellas. I am an optimist, but we might run into the first rain set list, still I hope not.

Barry is the name of the next hurricane. Hopefully Hurricane Barry will go another way, if it is happening.

CNN:

The Gulf Coast could get walloped with a foot of rain in the next few days

The superdome has a roof.... So it will be an acoustic set on the b-stage

Date: July 9, 2019 23:49

snoopy2
"but we might run into the first rain set list, still I hope not"

I'm thinking because it's a fully-enclosed stadium that there would be no rain set-list here smiling smiley

You are so right! I did completely forget. There will be a no-rain setlist in New Orleans, just like in Glendale and Houston! I just love the roofs when it comes to rain / no rain shows!

Bjornulf

Date: July 10, 2019 01:02

Not much chance of a hurricane, but strong chance of tropical depression. If/when it officially becomes a tropical depression, it will be named Barry. That only means it's a tropical depression. That means lots of rain, potential flooding, travel disruptions, windy, etc - not necessarily in New Orleans, but it's certainly possible there around this coming weekend.

The National Hurricane Center website is the best source (in my opinion) for information on the future path and potential impacts of any named tropical depression/storms.

Date: July 10, 2019 01:21

Correction to above. Atlantic/Gulf tropical depressions are only named when they reach tropical storm strength - maximum winds reach 39 mph (63 km/h). That's still well below hurricane strength winds which begin with sustained winds of at least 74 mph.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 10, 2019 03:00

Great news about the roof!

Date: July 10, 2019 04:18

The problem will Be flooding.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: July 10, 2019 15:16

I see the club show content turned up here.

Yes this is a rescheduled tour. Every originally-scheduled show is happening. I believe a club appearance by one member of the band was also originally-scheduled. That appearance clearly didn't and is not going to happen, but I think there's a decent possibility that one or more like it will, and that one of them could be this week.

I don't think it will be in New Orleans, though.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home