Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28
Pre Party in NOLA at Catahoula Hotel Roof Top Bar DAY of Show
Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: July 6, 2019 17:09

[www.facebook.com]

Start Early leave when Opening Act is DONE

5-ish minute walk to Superdome

July 14th

Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2019 06:55

Ha ha. Wow.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:41

This show isn't selling well. Prices on secondary market are at or below face value. TM has flexed the entire venue down but there are huge blocks of tickets unsold.

Credit to the Stones for trying to make up for JazzFest, but it appears they should have skipped New Orleans.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 20:14

Thus far have enjoyed every show of this tour more than the Zip Code shows (maybe syndrome of the 'last show is always the best?') .. But especially psyched for this show! Don't usually watch the opening acts but love Ivan and Dumpstafunk, and love the Dome smiling smiley

Date: July 8, 2019 20:42

I’ve been watching the TM ticket sales since day one and have not seen sections 140 and 116 ever being sold yet they have tix available in these sections on stub hub. Did anyone here score tix in these sections from TM?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 8, 2019 20:48

snoopy2
Thus far have enjoyed every show of this tour more than the Zip Code shows (maybe syndrome of the 'last show is always the best?') .. But especially psyched for this show! Don't usually watch the opening acts but love Ivan and Dumpstafunk, and love the Dome smiling smiley

Yeah, wish I could be there. I know you'll have a blast!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 8, 2019 22:07

GasLightStreet
Shawn20
80,000 in the Superdome in July of 78. The afore mentioned 87,500 in 1981. The fantastic Steel Wheel's show - sold out in three hours. After attending all of these shows - it was difficult seeing the Superdome less than full for the 94 Voodoo Lounge show.

I was at that 1994 show. It was basically EMPTY. It's officially listed at having sold 32,687 out of 40,000 available but I heard otherwise not long after the show - about 24,000 showed up out of 60,000 available.

Ya Shawn, the '78 was Van Halen and the Doobies. There is a thread about this gem buried somewhere here. Remember?

Date: July 8, 2019 22:27

I am 54 about to be 55 years old. I have only been to New Orleans one time in my life.

It was 1981 to see the STONES!!!!!

My second time will be this coming weekend to see the STONES again!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 8, 2019 22:32

jumpontopofmebaby
I am 54 about to be 55 years old. I have only been to New Orleans one time in my life.

It was 1981 to see the STONES!!!!!

My second time will be this coming weekend to see the STONES again!!

smileys with beer
Have a blast!!

Potential is there for a lot more fun at 54 than at 16 winking smiley
Course, I guess that depends a bit on the 16 yo...

Date: July 8, 2019 23:31

latebloomer
snoopy2

Yeah, wish I could be there. I know you'll have a blast!

Thx.. Let me know if you get a late minute change of mind smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2019 00:53

Jeter1984
This show isn't selling well. Prices on secondary market are at or below face value. TM has flexed the entire venue down but there are huge blocks of tickets unsold.

Credit to the Stones for trying to make up for JazzFest, but it appears they should have skipped New Orleans.

Unfortunately that is historically accurate. Not sure they're "making up for Jazz Fest" but that the interest created a seeming justification for playing the Superdome again on their last US tour.

Sure, they had huge crowds in 1978 and 1981. But... that was back when it mattered. There is so much music in New Orleans that they're just not a big deal. Just like in 1994.

I'll be there... if my tickets show up.

Date: July 9, 2019 03:45

Looking forward to my first visit to NOLA
THE Stones
The meetup at Hotel Roof Top Bar

[catahoulahotel.com]

Yeah I’ll be there for sure.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 03:45 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Date: July 9, 2019 05:48

There are tons of tickets left. Prices dropping and service fees are like $25 a ticket now. Kinda makes ya wonder why ya paid almost $100 for service fees before!

Sad sad sad

Date: July 9, 2019 08:53

Noticed the pit is smaller for this show than the other stadiums.. unless it's simply a diagram anomaly

Date: July 9, 2019 09:37

Also thinking Time Is On My Side is real possibility for this show (Irma Thomas)

Maybe a private show coming up?
Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 1, 2019 12:04

There is an unusual date gap between NE and NO
Sun Jul 7 2019 Gillette Stadium Foxboro near Boston, MA
Sun Jul 14 2019 Mercedes-Benz Superdome New Orleans, LA
and we know Bob Kraft loves him a private Rolling Stones show
and The Stones seem to have no issues providing the music for the right price
and Bob Kraft seems to have all the money in the world, so maybe... maybe?

It wont do me any good, but you are in that area have connections and you have any connections for this type of thing you might sniff/beg around and see if anything is up and maybe finagle an invite. It would be pretty cool to see the Stones with only 300-500 people that usually are allowed to go to these things?

Heck, if I was in the area I would show up in white pants, white shirt and a chef hat and walk in through banqueting... and then probably spend the night in the pokey... but hey, nothing ventured nothing gainedgrinning smiley

And for the record I do not begrudge anyone getting a closer view of this band playing live, anyway they can. From sneaking into the pit to just paying Mick 10 Million Dollars. 500 Dollars is probably more money to me... than 10-15 Million Dollars is to Bob Kraft. Good for anyone who can get it done any which way they can. DO IT!! In the long run you will smile as the cost/hassles/payments fade and the fun memories remain. Get it while the getting is good.

Re: Maybe a private show coming up?
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 1, 2019 12:24

Xam

It wont do me any good, but you are in that area have connections and you have any connections for this type of thing you might sniff/beg around and see if anything is up and maybe finagle an invite. It would be pretty cool to see the Stones with only 300-500 people that usually are allowed to go to these things?

Heck, if I was in the area I would show up in white pants, white shirt and a chef hat and walk in through banqueting... and then probably spend the night in the pokey... but hey, nothing ventured nothing gainedgrinning smiley

And for the record I do not begrudge anyone getting a closer view of this band playing live, anyway they can. From sneaking into the pit to just paying Mick 10 Million Dollars. 500 Dollars is probably more money to me... than 10-15 Million Dollars is to Bob Kraft. Good for anyone who can get it done any which way they can. DO IT!! In the long run you will smile as the cost/hassles/payments fade and the fun memories remain. Get it while the getting is good.

There will not be a private show. They are just taking off a week in the middle of the tour. It's the usual protocol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 20:45 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 1, 2019 12:40

TornAndFried

There will not be a private show. They are just taking off a week in the middle of the tour. It's normal.

thumbs up

There were similar gaps during NoFilter 2017/18 and there was no private show ....

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 20:34

Xam

Walking in through banqueting >grinning smiley< has been done here as I'm sure you are referencing. Allegedly.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: July 1, 2019 23:44

No private show. Usual break as they've been doing for No Filter tour schedule.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:23

Bob Kraft’s last private party had a bit of a “sting” to it.

Date: July 3, 2019 23:14

I guess we will just have to see...

I thought it better to post about with time to maybe help someone, rather than do the usual thing people do here, only posting/saying later, "Oh yeah, I saw that week long gap (the longest gap of any tour in years)(no other 7 day gaps) but didn't think it was worth posting about, but yeah it was obvious... esp in retrospect".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 23:17 by Xam.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 3, 2019 23:19

Xam
I guess we will just have to see...

I thought it better to post about and maybe help someone, than do the usual thing people do here, saying later, "Yeah, I saw that week long (the longest gap of any tour in years)(no other 7 day gaps) but didn't think it was worth posting about.

It’s thoughtful but I would put the chances of a club show at 0%. They are now old men and a complete break in the middle of a tour is wise and very likely even something their insurer insists on.

Any time they’ve ever done a club show, it’s nearly always been before or near the start of the tour and has served the purpose of a warm up show. They seldom do them at all nowadays.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 3, 2019 23:39

They dont play clubs anymore, it´s too hot in there. They have always complained about the incredible heat in such small venues.
Too dangerous at their age, I think. They could use ventilators on stage but the cool air would make every bone in their bodies hurt like hell the next day. We have to accept that certain things are no longer possible for them.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 3, 2019 23:46

HMS
They dont play clubs anymore, it´s too hot in there. They have always complained about the incredible heat in such small venues.
Too dangerous at their age, I think. They could use ventilators on stage but the cool air would make every bone in their bodies hurt like hell the next day. We have to accept that certain things are no longer possible for them.

I do agree with that. thumbs up

Date: July 3, 2019 23:48

I did not say club show. I said private show...

and unless it was all imagination/kidding... they played a private show the last time they played in the states.

Tue Oct 25 2016 Gillette Stadium tent Foxboro (near Boston) MA, USA 300

And reading that review.... another goofball blathering the "LAST TIME THEY WILL... blah blah blah...

"Now the Boston Herald published that Robert Kraft would have mentioned that this show was going to be legendary as it was possibly going to be the last show in the US ever...."

I read several Candadian reports saying this same thing after the recent show...
I have read that same thing posted so many times in the last 30 years that is has become a "point and laugh at people who talk like that". They post that stuff as if there is a prize for finally accidentally being correct... as correct as a stopped clock is twice a day.

Id rather be optimistic, and it has worked well for me (but I am usually in the minority on that).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 00:07 by Xam.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 3, 2019 23:59

There will be no private/club shows this tour as confirmed by a tour staff member.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 01:06 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 4, 2019 00:05

Xam
I did not say club show. I said private show...

and unless it was all imagination/kidding... they played a private show the last time they played in the states.

Tue Oct 25 2016 Gillette Stadium tent Foxboro (near Boston) MA, USA 300

Not the same situation. That wasn’t even a tour - just 2 desert trip shows a week apart and a Vegas show afterwards. The Robert Kraft private show was tacked onto the end. This is a 17 show tour.

Last year they had a 6 day break between Edinburgh and Cardiff, mid tour
The previous year they had a 5 day break between Stockholm and Düsseldorf, also mid tour.

I know we all have a tendency to imagine our musical idols to be younger than they are but 3 of these guys are in the 2nd half of their 70s. They are old men and what they continue to give us is a big bonus and close to miraculous. For them to continue delivering this in their dotage, rest is absolutely vital. They have all sorts of advisors around them telling them what they can and cannot do, especially relevant in Mick’s case.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: July 4, 2019 00:36

If there is a Private show or 2 - it would be after Miami eg. Like after Las Vegas...but only if the price is right!!

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: July 4, 2019 00:48

rcfoxy
If there is a Private show or 2 - it would be after Miami eg. Like after Las Vegas...but only if the price is right!!

I doubt it. They’ll be absolutely knackered after 17 shows. If offered silly money then I suppose it’s possible.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home