Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 07:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 19:44 by snoopy2.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 17, 2019 07:47

snoopy2
GasLightStreet
snoopy2
JN99
Considering this one now, safe to walk to and fro the Dome for the show? THinking about staying in in the Warehouse District, good choice?

Yes. Some good (more on trendy side) restaurants etc. Anywhere from there towards Canal are some good hotels, and depending on your legs a decent walk to the Dome (I walk to the Dome from the area when we're there) and not terrible walk to French Quarter. BUT it likely will be sweltering that time of year

Highs in the mid 90s during the day, upper 70s at night - perfect summer temps!

not the temps, the humidity.. gets bit rough for those of us with longer teeth

Humidity between late April and late September, on average, after sunset into mid-morning, is usually at 100%.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 17, 2019 07:50

GasLightStreet
There was a poll today on WWL radio - as of 2 PM 90% of listeners will not be going to the July 14th show.

Which may not mean much.

That is so vague. How many people were asked/ 90% of what??
For goodness sakes aren’t you the stickler for correctness and science?
There were a lot of RS fans lined up early morning to get tickets when they first went on sale.

Lastly, for anyone griping about the weather,
if indeed climate change is proceeding,
the weather will never be better than NOW.
So get outside!

Date: May 17, 2019 08:00

35love
GasLightStreet
There was a poll today on WWL radio - as of 2 PM 90% of listeners will not be going to the July 14th show.

Which may not mean much.

There were a lot of RS fans lined up early morning to get tickets when they first went on sale.

So get outside!

For one, that's why I said "As of 2 PM".

Two, it's just a radio show. It doesn't mean anything. There are listeners all over the world. There were no facts involved - just like any poll in the US.

Third, Jazz Fest prices were not specific, they were general. The prices for the Superdome will be specific. Just because X amount of tickets were sold for Jazz Fest does not mean anything.

If the Stones were touring an album again, like U2 did in 2017, perhaps they'd fill it up like U2 did, seeing that the last time the Stones played New Orleans, in 1994, about 24,000 people showed up - not good.

Fourth, climate change has nothing to do with how hot and or humid it is in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast between April and October.

Date: May 17, 2019 10:23

GasLightStreet
35love
GasLightStreet

Which may not mean much.

So get outside!

Two, it's just a radio show. It doesn't mean anything. There are listeners all over the world. There were no facts involved - just like any poll in the US.

Third, Jazz Fest prices were not specific, they were general. The prices for the Superdome will be specific. Just because X amount of tickets were sold for Jazz Fest does not mean anything.

If the Stones were touring an album again, like U2 did in 2017, perhaps they'd fill it up like U2 did, seeing that the last time the Stones played New Orleans, in 1994, about 24,000 people showed up - not good.

Fourth, climate change has nothing to do with how hot and or humid it is in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast between April and October.

Thanks for all the typingwinking smiley
Still think I’m right.
The Dome will be full.
Maybe you will have a seat?
Speaking of facts and figures,
Neither one of us knows how many tickets are already transferred/sold.

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: May 17, 2019 13:56

Anyone have any details on the presage code? Is it still MIDNIGHT?

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:38

Ditto, would like to get some presale codes. Loads of presales listed with the first being Tuesday. Haven't seen or heard anything yet.

Date: May 17, 2019 20:17

JN99
Ditto, would like to get some presale codes. Loads of presales listed with the first being Tuesday. Haven't seen or heard anything yet.

Emails with individual codes are going out now for the May 21st Satisfaction pre-sale

But I noticed there are tickets for sale for NOLA show on Stubhub already, anyone know if these are speculations from season tkt holders? Or what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 20:18 by snoopy2.

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: May 18, 2019 16:45

Anybody here interested in doing LD together?
I’ll be flying in solo from Minneapolis for this show and really want to experience Lucky Dip once. I’d be willing to try and buy them when they go on sale, unless someone else is able to.

Date: May 19, 2019 01:53

35love
GasLightStreet
35love
GasLightStreet

Which may not mean much.

So get outside!

Thanks for all the typingwinking smiley
Still think I’m right.
The Dome will be full.
Maybe you will have a seat?
Speaking of facts and figures,
Neither one of us knows how many tickets are already transferred/sold.

Zero have been sold since they don't go on sale until May 31st!

It's looking like we're going to go, which I would love to do.

I'll be surprised - even delighted - it it sells out. U2's show was a sellout but at only 34,536. It seemed to me that more people were there than that.

If the Stones have a similar sound system that U2 used it should sound fantastic, because U2 sounded incredible in the Superdome, a place where live music suffers sound wise usually.

Date: May 19, 2019 01:55

So none of the Jazz fest RS tickets were transferred, okay, did not know.

Still remember the specific RS fans lined up early for tickets... hope they go!

Date: May 19, 2019 01:57

35love
So none of the Jazz fest RS tickets were transferred, okay, did not know.

Still remember the specific RS fans lined up early for tickets... hope they go!

All Jazz Fest tickets were refunded to my knowledge.

Date: May 20, 2019 16:32

In November I got a presale code from I think The Rolling Stones mailing list

It was from. mailto:[email protected]

Will that still work for the New Orleans date or do I have to sign up again?

Thanks

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: May 20, 2019 16:36

snoopy2
JN99

Emails with individual codes are going out now for the May 21st Satisfaction pre-sale

But I noticed there are tickets for sale for NOLA show on Stubhub already, anyone know if these are speculations from season tkt holders? Or what?

A bit confused, Rolling Stones website this morning said "The pre-sale for the Rolling Stones mailing list will run from 10am on Wednesday May 29 to 10pm on Thursday May 30 (local time)"

Is it 5/21 or 5/30 for the RS presale?

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: May 20, 2019 17:24

MidnightDevilRambler
snoopy2
JN99

A bit confused, Rolling Stones website this morning said "The pre-sale for the Rolling Stones mailing list will run from 10am on Wednesday May 29 to 10pm on Thursday May 30 (local time)"

Thanks,

i purchased Jazz Fest tickets, got the full refund and then went anyways and had a blast. Last week i received an email from Ticketmaster for the RS NOLA Satisfaction presale 5/21, it has a unique code. I think i received it because i purchased jazzfest tix. Im going back to NOLA for this show. Ive got 2 chicago hometown shows, NOLA and still thinking about Rose Bowl or Miami, cheers

Date: May 20, 2019 18:54

Perhaps if they play Heartbreaker Mick will get the album it was on correct this time, unlike in 1994, when he said We've got one from BLACK AND BLUE...

Date: May 20, 2019 19:43

GasLightStreet
Perhaps if they play Heartbreaker Mick will get the album it was on correct this time, unlike in 1994, when he said We've got one from BLACK AND BLUE...

He said that in Oslo as well, on the same tour smiling smiley

Date: May 20, 2019 20:14

MidnightDevilRambler
snoopy2
JN99

Thanks,

Went back and checked, and yes it says 5/21.. As 1985Jayer mentions above it came with a "here is your unique" code so I'm guessing it's tied to my TM account but not sure?

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 20:28

So, anyone have a code or codes they would like to share? I've still got bupkis...

Date: May 20, 2019 23:20

snoopy2
MidnightDevilRambler
snoopy2
JN99

Thanks,

Went back and checked, and yes it says 5/21.. As 1985Jayer mentions above it came with a "here is your unique" code so I'm guessing it's tied to my TM account but not sure?

Thanks must be the TM "verified fan" presale code. Funny I usually get those too. Goodness knows I've bought enough tickets.....eye popping smiley

Update:

Rechecked my email no codes.

Did go back to TM website and on 5/21 has three presales.

SATISFACTION Presale
VIP Presale
Platinum Presale

PM if you have a code I can use please.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 23:27 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Date: May 21, 2019 03:54

My girlfriend mentioned wanting to go see Paul McCartney in New Orleans this Thursday. The cheapest tickets I could find were $190.

At the Smoothie King Center.

Makes me nervous about the Stones at the Superdome. A bit mad thinking that $100 tickets are "cheap", if that is the case.

Date: May 21, 2019 17:44

Looks like the presale for today is for folks who had tickets to the cancelled NO Jazz fest.

[www.fox8live.com]

Would love to get help with tix using that code.

Thanks,

UPDATE

No luck, couldn't find a code anywhere. Disappointing being in the queue with no where else to go. Looks like 5/29 AMEX and Stones Fan presale is the only early next chance....

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-21 19:18 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 21, 2019 19:49

MidnightDevilRambler
Looks like the presale for today is for folks who had tickets to the cancelled NO Jazz fest.

[www.fox8live.com]

Thanks,

UPDATE

No luck, couldn't find a code anywhere. Disappointing being in the queue with no where else to go. Looks like 5/29 AMEX and Stones Fan presale is the only early next chance....

The code is a one time use

Date: May 21, 2019 21:22

coloradocanyons
MidnightDevilRambler

[www.fox8live.com]

Thanks,

UPDATE

The code is a one time use

Thanks, I found a way to get Section 283, Row 2 tickets right off the field, goalpost end staring at the boys jamming at the 40yd line, I'm good now. No one setting/standing in front of us.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-21 21:22 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Date: May 22, 2019 17:05

Anybody get tickets with a presale code from Rolling Stones yesterday for Superdome show?
If so where are you sitting?

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: May 22, 2019 21:30

MidnightDevilRambler
Anybody get tickets with a presale code from Rolling Stones yesterday for Superdome show?

Glad you got it! First, sorry I wasn't able to share the code, TM told me it was linked to my account and one-time use

I saw face-value Pits but was unable to grab them and psychology of ticket buying worked on me as I thought "I have this code I cannot waste it" so bought two on floor next to Mix (don't know if that's great or awful sound spot)

Still trying for a Pit ticket as it's the show I'm looking forward to the most, SO if I can grab those I will sell my floor at face-value

FYI TM has a no-return policy on all NOLA tickets as the Superdome does not participate in returns AND for this event you cannot resell, transfer, or even access your tickets to print at home from the TM site until July 13th, 24 hours before the show (which kinda sucks), the only option is to have them mailed as hard-tickets for a fee which I did and would be able to get them to someone else if I get my Pits smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-22 21:34 by snoopy2.

Date: May 22, 2019 23:33

snoopy2
MidnightDevilRambler

Glad you got it! First, sorry I wasn't able to share the code, TM told me it was linked to my account and one-time use

I saw face-value Pits but was unable to grab them and psychology of ticket buying worked on me as I thought "I have this code I cannot waste it" so bought two on floor next to Mix (don't know if that's great or awful sound spot)

Still trying for a Pit ticket as it's the show I'm looking forward to the most, SO if I can grab those I will sell my floor at face-value

FYI TM has a no-return policy on all NOLA tickets as the Superdome does not participate in returns AND for this event you cannot resell, transfer, or even access your tickets to print at home from the TM site until July 13th, 24 hours before the show (which kinda sucks), the only option is to have them mailed as hard-tickets for a fee which I did and would be able to get them to someone else if I get my Pits smiling smiley

Thanks, glad my "old Skool" ways of still ordering paper tickets I can put in my wall shadow boxes later pays off.

I wonder if the TM resell through TM site would still work if a person wanted to? I had an extra pair of "hard" tickets for The Who and sold them last month. Didn't even have to return or ship the paper tickets. I assume TM just reissued them electronically or however the new owners bought them. Anyway we got 60% off our tickets for the show so....

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: May 23, 2019 00:43

MidnightDevilRambler
snoopy2
MidnightDevilRambler

Thanks, glad my "old Skool" ways of still ordering paper tickets I can put in my wall shadow boxes later pays off.

I wonder if the TM resell through TM site would still work if a person wanted to? I had an extra pair of "hard" tickets for The Who and sold them last month. Didn't even have to return or ship the paper tickets. I assume TM just reissued them electronically or however the new owners bought them. Anyway we got 60% off our tickets for the show so....

Thanks,

I believe it still works for every other date on this tour except New Orleans. I spoke with multiple TM people yesterday trying to get a refund and they all basically said, "For the New Orleans show no refunds, and resale of tickets on our site not allowed until 24 hours prior to the show on July 13th"

Seems to be a Superdome specific stipulation -- As for reselling hard paper tickets via TM site the day before show not sure but I am guessing yes, for instance when I switched from a mobile ticket to a hard ticket they just reissue with new bar code they told me

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-23 00:47 by snoopy2.

Date: May 23, 2019 05:03

Just booked a hotel for the week of the 7/14 show. Hey might as well make it a vacation week.
There are lots of hotels to choose from in the French Quarter close to the Superdome.

Got the Prince Conti Hotel for $119 a night. Happy with the features, location and reviews.

See you there.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-23 05:06 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Date: May 23, 2019 18:37

MidnightDevilRambler
Just booked a hotel for the week of the 7/14 show. Hey might as well make it a vacation week.
There are lots of hotels to choose from in the French Quarter close to the Superdome.

Got the Prince Conti Hotel for $119 a night. Happy with the features, location and reviews.

See you there.

That's a decent price, actually.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home