Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 30, 2019 06:47

I think they were saying about 50,000 GA tickets were sold for that day, most of them GAs, compared to the 100,000 let in on other days. Is that others' understanding too?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-30 06:48 by angee.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: January 30, 2019 23:42

angee
I think they were saying about 50,000 GA tickets were sold for that day, most of them GAs, compared to the 100,000 let in on other days. Is that others' understanding too?

Yup have tix and have been researching quite a bit. The word is that they limited sales to the 50K range (According to festival organizers).

BV - did you get VIP for this show or are you GAing?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 8, 2019 00:53

IVAN NEVILLE'S SONGBOOK LIVE
An intimate evening celebrating Ivan Neville’s 60th Birthday!

Ivan will presents his Songbook - a journey through his musical history in words, songs, sounds and stories told through a performance with very special guests.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 10PM (JazzFest meal from 9-10PM)

[www.lepetittheatre.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 00:54 by Lien.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: February 25, 2019 03:03

Now that we have tickets we started looking at lodging and it already seems either otherworldly prices, or booked solid.. Any leads?

thx smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 25, 2019 07:27

snoopy2
Now that we have tickets we started looking at lodging and it already seems either otherworldly prices, or booked solid.. Any leads?

thx smiling smiley

Unfortunately that's par for the course for JF, everything gets booked up really early (some hotels are booked 12 months in advance), even at crazy prices. One possibility is to stay a couple miles away, drive closer, and then walk a mile or so. Some of the hotels out in, say, Kenner or Metairie have JF shuttles, also.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 25, 2019 18:47

There are a lot of places on the Northshore, across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans, quite a few B&B's, in Mandeville, and not too much up the road some hotels in the Covington area, as well as air b'n'bs all over, too.

The causeway is a 24 mile toll bridge (only Southbound, the original bridge) across the lake, and it's about a 45-60 minute drive into the city depending on where you are coming from and time of day for traffic.

So definitely check out places on the Northshore.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 25, 2019 20:22

Lien
IVAN NEVILLE'S SONGBOOK LIVE
An intimate evening celebrating Ivan Neville’s 60th Birthday!

Ivan will presents his Songbook - a journey through his musical history in words, songs, sounds and stories told through a performance with very special guests.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 10PM (JazzFest meal from 9-10PM)

[www.lepetittheatre.com]

Well this certainly has potential for a Keef appearance! eye popping smiley

Date: February 26, 2019 01:54

GasLightStreet
There are a lot of places on the Northshore, across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans, quite a few B&B's, in Mandeville, and not too much up the road some hotels in the Covington area, as well as air b'n'bs all over, too.

The causeway is a 24 mile toll bridge (only Southbound, the original bridge) across the lake, and it's about a 45-60 minute drive into the city depending on where you are coming from and time of day for traffic.

Thx GLS! If we're flying in though will the north side be too far for a cab or uber? (meaning will it cost hundreds of dollars each way?) .. I did look at airbnb this morning and those prices are more expensive than the hotels. We may just suck it up and drop a house payment on a hotel for couple nights spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-26 01:54 by snoopy2.

Date: February 27, 2019 20:19

snoopy2
GasLightStreet

Thx GLS! If we're flying in though will the north side be too far for a cab or uber? (meaning will it cost hundreds of dollars each way?) .. I did look at airbnb this morning and those prices are more expensive than the hotels. We may just suck it up and drop a house payment on a hotel for couple nights spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

My wife and I stayed a night at the Monteleone in New Orleans and it was $125, with tax, I forget - oh yeah - parking was $20 or so, probably about $135. A friend of mine has a B&B (it's really more of a Bed & Beverage than Breakfast) in Mandeville with the same price for a room, with tax, $130, and his rooms are slightly bigger ie more open than the Monteleone's stuffy room we stayed in.

Uber or a cab ride, from what I understand, from the airport to Mandeville or Covington or Madisonville runs around $80 so... I dunno if renting a car would be better, I don't know car prices from near the airport.

Just to be clear, northbound causeway bridge is not a toll, just the southbound ($5 for a car). You could save $5 by going around the lake but, ha ha, you may use $10 worth of gas...

Date: February 28, 2019 01:46

GasLightStreet
snoopy2
GasLightStreet

My wife and I stayed a night at the Monteleone in New Orleans and it was $125, with tax, I forget - oh yeah - parking was $20 or so, probably about $135. A friend of mine has a B&B (it's really more of a Bed & Beverage than Breakfast) in Mandeville with the same price for a room, with tax, $130, and his rooms are slightly bigger ie more open than the Monteleone's stuffy room we stayed in.

The Monteleone was $125 during Jazz Fest?? eye popping smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:01

Aquamarine
GasLightStreet
snoopy2
GasLightStreet

Someone needs to buy GLS a ticket and drag him to the show.

Date: February 28, 2019 18:12

Aquamarine
GasLightStreet
snoopy2
GasLightStreet

No. That was just some 'normal' night.

Date: February 28, 2019 18:16

35love

Ha ha ha!

It has been a while. I don't know anyone that has extra JF tickets to sell. A part of me is bummed since this is probably the last opportunity I'll have to see them. I'm not the kind of fan that drives over 3 hours to see a band and stay in a hotel so I won't be going to Houston.

Date: March 1, 2019 01:09

GasLightStreet
snoopy2
GasLightStreet

What's name of your friend's Bed & Booze smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 1, 2019 01:47

GasLightStreet
35love

Ha ha ha!

It has been a while. I don't know anyone that has extra JF tickets to sell. A part of me is bummed since this is probably the last opportunity I'll have to see them. I'm not the kind of fan that drives over 3 hours to see a band and stay in a hotel so I won't be going to Houston.

I just realized I’m
‘the kind of fan that drives over 3 hours to see a band and stay in a hotel’
(Exactly what’ll I’ll be doing for Santa Clara, PLUS, depositing kids elsewhere)
But, I don’t get out much. And, oh yeah, I love the RS.
Too bad I’m not taking you, you’d have a good laugh @ me Gas - Cheers.

Date: March 1, 2019 02:45

snoopy2
GasLightStreet
snoopy2
GasLightStreet

[marvilla.com]

Date: March 1, 2019 02:48

35love
GasLightStreet
35love

Ha ha ha!

I just realized I’m
‘the kind of fan that drives over 3 hours to see a band and stay in a hotel’
(Exactly what’ll I’ll be doing for Santa Clara, PLUS, depositing kids elsewhere)
But, I don’t get out much. And, oh yeah, I love the RS.
Too bad I’m not taking you, you’d have a good laugh @ me Gas - Cheers.

I appreciate it!

I have 4 dogs, my life is all over the place right now. Travelling far off to spend a ton of money just isn't in my favor right now. Maybe in a couple of years.

Date: March 2, 2019 23:23

GasLightStreet
snoopy2
GasLightStreet
snoopy2
GasLightStreet

[marvilla.com]

That looks awesome, thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 26, 2019 19:22

#JazzFest50 announces a limited number of tickets to
@RollingStones
day will be released on Wednesday morning. !!
@

General public onsale starts on Wed, Mar 27 @ 10:00 am CDT/
[www1.ticketmaster.com]

Time schedule Jazzfest Thursday May 2 is online

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 19:30 by Lien.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: March 28, 2019 15:38

There are still some Jazzfest tickets left for May 2nd.

Date: March 29, 2019 01:25

I'm going the last Sunday. No Stones for me. I didn't even bother today. Or was that yesterday?

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:59

I'm not familiar with JazzFest and their facilities so what are the options here?

1) A cancellation.
2) A postponement using the same site later in the year.
3) A postponement that would have to be in the SuperDome because the original facility cannot be used any other time of year. However, if this is the option how do you assign actual seats to GA seats?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:00

New Orleans will have to be outright cancelled and either put on in the Super Dome or skipped altogether.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:04

I think if the Fairgrounds are availble and depending on when they reschedule, it would be possible to for them to just play the Fairgrounds by themselves.
Superdome would SUCK!

Date: March 30, 2019 22:10

spikenyc
I think if the Fairgrounds are availble and depending on when they reschedule, it would be possible to for them to just play the Fairgrounds by themselves.
Superdome would SUCK!

It’s a racetrack the rest of the year, I don’t know if this would be possible. confused smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 30, 2019 22:16

I think more likely than not this is the one that is outright cancelled. The only music event at the Fairgrouds is Fest, and the reason the Stones are there was for the 50th anniversary. IMO it's the SuperDome or nothing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 03:23 by Woz.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 30, 2019 23:12

Funny, I pulled the plug on my whole NOLA jazzfest trip a few weeks ago, and now this happens. Stones were really the icing on the cake for the whole thing anyways, but unless they get replaced with The Who, or maybe Elton John, there will be disappointment in the air at what could've been.

Date: March 31, 2019 04:33

mosthigh
Funny, I pulled the plug on my whole NOLA jazzfest trip a few weeks ago, and now this happens. Stones were really the icing on the cake for the whole thing anyways, but unless they get replaced with The Who, or maybe Elton John, there will be disappointment in the air at what could've been.

A lot of people are fine with the cancelled show. What they wonder is if they'll get their money back.

Date: March 31, 2019 04:36

spikenyc
Superdome would SUCK!

U2 played the Superdome in 2017 and it was killer. But it was also full of people.

The Stones... maybe now but in 1994 next to know one showed up. Probably a big reason they haven't been back since.

The Fairgrounds are not available the rest of the time of the year. And just doing it for a Stones show is beyond ridiculous to begin with. There are better venues, the Smoothie King Center and the Superdome, which are basically connected.

I'm going to guess they will not play New Orleans on the rescheduled tour, if that even happens.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:12

Or they could push the whole tour back a year and play the 50th anniversary Jazzfest in 2020 (the first was in 1970), just as they pushed back the 1998 British dates to 1999 when Keith broke some ribs. This year is the 50th Jazzfest, but the 50th anniversary is next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 05:23 by ab.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home