Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 18, 2019 19:59

Kind of disappointed but whatever, we might go stand outside.

On a good note, I saved $800.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 18, 2019 20:20

:/
Also got no ticket :'(

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 18, 2019 20:22

I got one GA! hot smiley
Go back a nd try again.
Sometimes purchasers enter the wrong info and then ticketmaster puts the tickets back on sale.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: January 18, 2019 20:27

i got 2 tix, took me 5 minutes on my android using the ticketmaster app. logged into account 1 hour before and it was fairly easy. my pc still said 2000 in line when i got my tickets on my phone. was surprised to say the least. Now i have NOLO, Rose Bowl and final two hometowm Chicago shows. just need to chill until May 2nd now. cheers stoners...

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 18, 2019 20:38

RKH1981
Call the ticketmaster automated phone line. I was just able to get right through to buy mine!

1-800-745-3000

Good luck!!!

I bought mine via phone too. I had an electrician working on my house today and he cut the power and I then realized - ack, that also means, No Internet! (Modem down). Got a phone ticket within 5 minutes.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 18, 2019 20:41

Got my tickets - 185 USD plus Sunday(s) 28/4 and 5/5

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 18, 2019 21:45

Got a pair and went back later to get tickets for the rest of the second weekend.

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: January 18, 2019 22:50

Got queue number 1232 on phone right away and bought a GA. didn’t realise would go so quick. It’s the stones so don’t believe it’s sold out completely just yet.

Posted by: koestjue ()
Date: January 19, 2019 01:31

Got 2 GA tickets quickly

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 19, 2019 02:23

Waited 1/2 hour online with no end in sight, then called TM and scored no problem.

I'm 2 for 2 (LD's for Seattle, and GA for NOLA).spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 19, 2019 03:35

Diana Ross just added to replace Bob Segar on May 4.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 19, 2019 10:02

ab

Yikes, that's like replacing the Rolling Stones with Cher.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 19, 2019 11:04

daspyknows
ab

Yikes, that's like replacing the Rolling Stones with Cher.

I think you're underestimating all four of the afore-mentioned, tbh. winking smiley

Date: January 20, 2019 19:38

Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk is on the bill for NOLA 5/2. My guess is that they are the last act at the Acura Stage before the Stones. So does Keith join them for a song? That's about as much of a Winos reunion as one can hope for.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 20, 2019 19:46

ab
Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk is on the bill for NOLA 5/2. My guess is that they are the last act at the Acura Stage before the Stones. So does Keith join them for a song? That's about as much of a Winos reunion as one can hope for.

No. wont happen.
sorry
jeroen

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: January 22, 2019 14:12

Just in case anyone is interested and wants to have a package for the whole of Jazz Fest, Ben Waters is running a trip from the U.k. covering both weekends and has space for 2 more people. Below is a summary of the trip, you can contact Ben on Benwaters1@aol.com for more information:

[www.rocknrollholidays.com]

"This is going to be the best Rock n Roll Holidays ever, 10 of us are going, still got spaces for 2 more. We have big chief tickets to all shows, best seats in the house, on one stage we even have seat on stage! Great flights, amazing hotel and the best line up ever!! I need two more people to come with us to New Orleans to see Jerry Lee Lewis, The Rolling Stones, Van Morrison, John Fogerty ++
It really is the holiday of a lifetime, we will be seeing every band from the best seats in the house with VIP Transport
It’s really expensive £5500 per person BUT this is how it breaks down:
The big chief tickets are the best possible and cost $1600 for the first weekend and £2000 for the second weekend, then the VIP festival transport is $165 per weekend per person, so the tickets and festival transport come to £3000, the hotel is $2990 per room or about £2400 (£1200 per person) and the flights about £1000, so that works out about £5200 per person plus hotel taxi's to and from the airport and before I deduct any VAT on profit - So you can see I am not doing this to get rich, just to see my most favourite bands ever
There is a special tribute to FATS DOMINO with FAT'S band and very special guests!"

If you’re interested, contact Benwaters1@aol.com

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 22, 2019 19:49

chriseganstar
Just in case anyone is interested and wants to have a package for the whole of Jazz Fest, Ben Waters is running a trip from the U.k. covering both weekends and has space for 2 more people. Below is a summary of the trip, you can contact Ben on Benwaters1@aol.com for more information:

"This is going to be the best Rock n Roll Holidays ever, 10 of us are going, still got spaces for 2 more. We have big chief tickets to all shows, best seats in the house, on one stage we even have seat on stage! Great flights, amazing hotel and the best line up ever!! I need two more people to come with us to New Orleans to see Jerry Lee Lewis, The Rolling Stones, Van Morrison, John Fogerty ++
It really is the holiday of a lifetime, we will be seeing every band from the best seats in the house with VIP Transport
The big chief tickets are the best possible and cost $1600 for the first weekend and £2000 for the second weekend, then the VIP festival transport is $165 per weekend per person, so the tickets and festival transport come to £3000, the hotel is $2990 per room or about £2400 (£1200 per person) and the flights about £1000, so that works out about £5200 per person plus hotel taxi's to and from the airport and before I deduct any VAT on profit - So you can see I am not doing this to get rich, just to see my most favourite bands ever
There is a special tribute to FATS DOMINO with FAT'S band and very special guests!"

If you’re interested, contact [email protected]

Add another $500 - $1000 (or pound equivalent) for night and late-night shows, as well as daze between like Crawfish Festival.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 22, 2019 20:09

chriseganstar

If you’re interested, contact [email protected]

Sounds like a great trip!!
I might argue that the Grand Marshal tickets are the best available though, for the same price, depending on whether one wants/needs to sit.
Grand Marshal tickets allow for standing in front of the stage(s)..cool smiley

*also- don't see a line item for bail money.. Add $500 winking smiley

Date: January 23, 2019 09:21

Sounds like a great trip, but 1. I agree that Grand Marshal tix might be preferable for some people, and 2. surely flights from the UK aren't 1000 GBP, are they? There's a direct flight to N.O. from Heathrow these days, and it didn't cost me anything like that in $$$ last time I flew that route. But maybe it's peak season, I'm not sure.

Forgot to mention, that Fats Domino tribute complete with "very special guests" sounds intriguing. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-23 09:22 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 23, 2019 17:18

Maybe not so much ‘peak season’ as much as the airlines seem to know that heading to NOLA those 2 weeks is much sought after and air fares (and hotels) reflect those price increases.
As a thought to people hoping to get there, keep in mind Baton Rouge (BTR) is only a little over an hour away - could be an alternative airport to look into.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 23, 2019 18:38

Right, on the flights, DE.

Where is the Fats Domino tribute, is that at Jazz Fest or elsewhere?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: January 24, 2019 00:15

DEmerson
Maybe not so much ‘peak season’ as much as the airlines seem to know that heading to NOLA those 2 weeks is much sought after and air fares (and hotels) reflect those price increases.
As a thought to people hoping to get there, keep in mind Baton Rouge (BTR) is only a little over an hour away - could be an alternative airport to look into.

Do a lot of people from Europe fly in for Jazz Fest? I hadn't realized that.

Hotel prices certainly can be astronomical, even if obtainable--anybody who hasn't booked yet, do it now!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 24, 2019 01:37

Aquamarine
... surely flights from the UK aren't 1000 GBP, are they? There's a direct flight to N.O. from Heathrow these days, and it didn't cost me anything like that in $$$ last time I flew that route.

Good point. I see nonstops on Google Flights for about $800-$900 USD, i.e. 600-700 GBP, about that time. A bit cheaper if people are willing to connect, or fly Basic Economy. It's very hard to justify the equivalent of $1300.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: January 24, 2019 06:22

What is the word on this gig folks? Seems like it could be one for the books? Any special guests? Some sit ins perhaps with other artists...not much chatter. We decided to make this one happen and hoping for great things.

Date: January 29, 2019 00:09

In the local paper

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 29, 2019 11:23

[liveforlivemusic.com]

Along with Porter Jr. and Modeliste, Foundations of Funk’s New Orleans performance will feature Dead & Company bassist Oteil Burbridge, as well as a trio of Dumpstaphunk members, including keyboardist Ivan Neville, guitarist Ian Neville, and guitarist Tony Hall,

plus some “very special guests.”

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 29, 2019 16:40

What is the capacity of the site? It seems like they will get quite a bit of income from the relatively high GA price.

Bjornulf

Date: January 29, 2019 16:50

According to official numbers pre-2005 the most is 160,000 for Dave Matthews in 2001. "Usual" attendance varies between 40-70,000.

Date: January 29, 2019 16:57

People scratch their heads about the at the gate ticket price for Jazz Fest, partially because...

For 5 years it was $20 and then $25, from 2000-2004. 4 years later it was $50. 2 years later it was $70. Now it's $80. Having a big sponsor seems to be... increasing ticket prices.

Of course it's still a great deal considering the amount of music available compared to all other big money festivals.

[jazzfest.swagland.com]

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: January 29, 2019 19:37

bv
What is the capacity of the site? It seems like they will get quite a bit of income from the relatively high GA price.

Remember, normally there are multiple stages happening throughout the grounds, when the Stones play, they will be the only act at that time. Because of this, they are "limiting" the amount of tickets sold.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2201
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home