Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 28
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 16, 2019 20:05

Okay, dang, thanks, spikenyc.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: January 16, 2019 23:25

mnewman505
Stonesfan2146
Stones at 5PM? That should be the earliest concert start for them in at least 30 years
It might be close if we're talking a full show performance.
Bridges to Babylon
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville
ONSTAGE: 05:30pm CT
OFFSTAGE: 07:45pm CT
I don't recall the details, I believe it had something to do with Vanderbilt University where the show took place. Notes from Rich and Karen Kaczmarek "After It's Only Rock 'n Roll, Mick commented about the early time of the show by saying that they just had breakfast and they're ready to go"

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: January 17, 2019 00:09

Backstory on how Stones were booked for Jazz Fest

[www.theadvocate.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 17, 2019 00:29

coloradocanyons

[www.theadvocate.com]

“Unless Robert Plant decides to do a Led Zeppelin reunion, we’re starting with the biggest band in the world,” Davis said. “They’re a blues-based rock band, the greatest in history. They’re going to kill it.”

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: January 17, 2019 00:32

I got 2 grand marshal tickets at 10 am. Do you think i could sell the tickets on the mai 3rd to interested jazz fans?

Stones forever

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 17, 2019 00:45

spikenyc
coloradocanyons

[www.theadvocate.com]

“Unless Robert Plant decides to do a Led Zeppelin reunion, we’re starting with the biggest band in the world,” Davis said. “They’re a blues-based rock band, the greatest in history. They’re going to kill it.”

Oh no, inaccurate/uncool statement. Put this guy in front and show him how it’s done.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 17, 2019 02:47

mnewman505
mnewman505
Stonesfan2146
Stones at 5PM? That should be the earliest concert start for them in at least 30 years
Bridges to Babylon
I don't recall the details, I believe it had something to do with Vanderbilt University where the show took place. Notes from Rich and Karen Kaczmarek "After It's Only Rock 'n Roll, Mick commented about the early time of the show by saying that they just had breakfast and they're ready to go"

Alright haha he may do that joke again

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 17, 2019 02:49

Davis was informed that the Stones would not perform at the Fair Grounds without their full stadium production of staging and sound and light equipment.

What a load of CRAP! The Stones had no problem playing under a tent, basically, for Glastonbury and Hyde Park. They didn't bring their "full stadium production" for those. Not from what I've seen, anyway.

If you can't play "under a tent" for 100,000 people or whatever then you have no business being there.

Davis' statement about Led Zeppelin is accurate - the demand would exceed the population of New Orleans. That's not a problem with the Stones.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 17, 2019 02:56

mnewman505
mnewman505
Stonesfan2146
Bridges to Babylon

I was there! Neighborhood noise ordinance -- I presume football games start there early as well. It was cold & windy, my first Bridge sighting! It was fun getting out so early to go party downtown. Only performance of "Far Away Eyes" on that tour (only time it won the cybervote).

Date: January 17, 2019 03:02

GasLightStreet
Davis was informed that the Stones would not perform at the Fair Grounds without their full stadium production of staging and sound and light equipment.

What a load of CRAP! The Stones had no problem playing under a tent, basically, for Glastonbury and Hyde Park. They didn't bring their "full stadium production" for those. Not from what I've seen, anyway.

If you can't play "under a tent" for 100,000 people or whatever then you have no business being there.

Davis' statement about Led Zeppelin is accurate - the demand would exceed the population of New Orleans. That's not a problem with the Stones.

Yes, but have Led Zeppelin spoke to each other in 30 years let alone
*gasp played instruments and sang? They need to practice 5 hours a day for a year before talking. Talk is cheap, baby.

Date: January 17, 2019 03:37

35love
GasLightStreet

*gasp played instruments and sang? They need to practice 5 hours a day for a year before talking. Talk is cheap, baby.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 17, 2019 04:50

GasLightStreet

Meh.
Certainly their right to demand that they utilize their full stage or whatever other needs or wants they have to do the festival.
They obviously can play tents, parks or "whatevers".

Clearly they are doing their "No Filter" tour, where the stage and screens are a much bigger part of the shows than recent tours.
Having been to Jazz Fest, and numerous No Filter shows, I can guarantee those in attendance will be glad they did.
Good on 'em I say.

Date: January 17, 2019 05:34

MisterDDDD

Clearly they are doing their "No Filter" tour, where the stage and screens are a much bigger part of the shows than recent tours.
Having been to Jazz Fest, and numerous No Filter shows, I can guarantee those in attendance will be glad they did.
Good on 'em I say.

I have not seen anything that says they will use their stage screens, in fact Clint (the promoter) specifically says they would use the "tent" which would prohibit the screens being used

With the information available they will use the Main stage with it's huge "tent" and add a catwalk. How that will work is undefined as typically for the pit ( or Grand Marshall) as everyone comes in on the east side. Tunnel under the catwalk or?

Sunset is at 738pm so there going to need some stage lighting. Will they use the Jazz Fest sound system, which is decent (but typical of most modern array systems lacking in the mid and high end)? Get the sound system right!

In any case I expect, as stated by a lot of long term Jazz Fest regulars, a shit show (which means great) The boys have to see this as a one time event the whole music scene during Jazz Fest can be nuts, especially the evening shows at the clubs.

Date: January 17, 2019 06:10

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet

Meh.
Certainly their right to demand that they utilize their full stage or whatever other needs or wants they have to do the festival.
They obviously can play tents, parks or "whatevers".

Good on 'em I say.

They're not using the tour stage, just the Acura stage, but there will probably be quite a few more cameras around to film it.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: January 17, 2019 07:37

Anyone know what the presale code is?

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: January 17, 2019 07:38

Or how you are able to participate in the presale I should say smiling smiley

Date: January 17, 2019 07:56

GasLightStreet
35love
GasLightStreet

Is this Hyde Park? Are you hinting Zep’s been practicing in Jimmy’s immaculately preserved ancient mansion? They’re stage fit? drinking smiley
I’m taking the place of the other dude you used to argue with all the time nooooo
Uh- oh off topic unless Zep is doing Jazz fest? No?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-17 07:57 by 35love.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 17, 2019 08:28

Where do fans meet day of show,?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 17, 2019 09:28

coloradocanyons
MisterDDDD

Good on 'em I say.

I have not seen anything that says they will use their stage screens, in fact Clint (the promoter) specifically says they would use the "tent" which would prohibit the screens being used

There are always screens at the big stages, though, even if not the Stones' own screens. They're usually the only way I can manage to see anything.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 17, 2019 15:14

Just like the old days

"
Rolling Stones fans shiver through the cold night for advance tickets"

[www.nola.com]

Date: January 17, 2019 16:26

Aquamarine
coloradocanyons
MisterDDDD

Good on 'em I say.

There are always screens at the big stages, though, even if not the Stones' own screens. They're usually the only way I can manage to see anything.

Correct. Usually Jazz Fest has 3 big screens, one to each side and one back behind the sound mix.

[www.theadvocate.com]

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: January 17, 2019 17:59

So the Louisiana residents presale was this morning at the Superdome. A local drivers license was required and purchase in person only. My friend was turned away at opening time as was thousands more. The 10,000 tix avail were already spoken for by the 5,000 plus already in line.

Date: January 17, 2019 18:23

35love
GasLightStreet
35love
GasLightStreet

Is this Hyde Park? Are you hinting Zep’s been practicing in Jimmy’s immaculately preserved ancient mansion? They’re stage fit? drinking smiley
I’m taking the place of the other dude you used to argue with all the time nooooo
Uh- oh off topic unless Zep is doing Jazz fest? No?

Uh huh.

It is on topic, actually. So... Quint says a lot of things. He apparently doesn't understand that getting Zep, who last played in 2007 hence the live album cover, to play Jazz Fest would be a disaster.

Date: January 17, 2019 18:24

coloradocanyons
MisterDDDD

Good on 'em I say.

I have not seen anything that says they will use their stage screens, in fact Clint (the promoter) specifically says they would use the "tent" which would prohibit the screens being used.

Clint?

Who's Clint?

Date: January 17, 2019 18:42

“It is on topic, actually. So... Quint says a lot of things. He apparently doesn't understand that getting Zep, who last played in 2007 hence the live album cover, to play Jazz Fest would be a disaster.”

It is such a boring claim. Show me a clip in the last 12 months of Page and Plant playing singing in the same room (courtroom doesn’t count) otherwise please
And yeah. Jazz fest and Zep not well thought out.

Anyway, Rolling Stones coming soon!

Date: January 17, 2019 18:44

Are you going to jazz fest, 35love?

Date: January 17, 2019 18:55

angee
Are you going to jazz fest, 35love?

I wish. Thanks for asking. I have been blessed to get 1 live show each
‘No Filter’
1 show legally and without injury attained so far.
Santa Clara, CA

But I have read books about the history, historic houses, trees, etc of New Orleans and it would be a pull for me there (and the food)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-17 18:57 by 35love.

Date: January 17, 2019 18:59

Ah, wish you could go too.

Date: January 17, 2019 19:08

35love
“It is on topic, actually. So... Quint says a lot of things. He apparently doesn't understand that getting Zep, who last played in 2007 hence the live album cover, to play Jazz Fest would be a disaster.”

It is such a boring claim. Show me a clip in the last 12 months of Page and Plant playing singing in the same room (courtroom doesn’t count) otherwise please
And yeah. Jazz fest and Zep not well thought out.

Anyway, Rolling Stones coming soon!

It's not about showing you or anyone a clip, it's just reality. They last played in 2007, there's always talk except from them, it would be the biggest tour in the history of rock attendance and money wise ever - never topped, hence Quint's statement. Led Zeppelin could play 6 months in the Superdome every 3 days and every show would be sold out.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 17, 2019 19:27

GasLightStreet
Led Zeppelin could play 6 months in the Superdome every 3 days and every show would be sold out.

Can you imagine?!
A Led Zeppelin residency at the Superdome!

hot smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home