Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Jacksonville FL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 18, 2019 00:03

While waiting for the show to start, you might as well check out the lyrics quiz at jacksonville.com - it's easy for professionals like us - they should stop the time one needs for all answeres... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: July 18, 2019 00:04

Guys, taking my 10 year old daughter to her first Stones concert, she loves Get Off Of My Cloud, if y’all can, please vote for that. Thanks frtylicks

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 18, 2019 00:07

frtylicks--the vote is a total fraud. Cloud will win.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 18, 2019 00:18

keefmick
frtylicks--the vote is a total fraud. Cloud will win.

Cloud has yet to win on current tour.

Date: July 18, 2019 00:25

I know but there is no real vote. Mick even humorously refers to the "vote" during the show. So I am assuming this one the winner will be Cloud.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 18, 2019 01:03

frtylicks
Guys, taking my 10 year old daughter to her first Stones concert, she loves Get Off Of My Cloud, if y’all can, please vote for that. Thanks frtylicks
Have big fun! Cloud is good choice! It will be an exciting evening for your daughter and she will always remember this event!
Took my 13 year old daughter to her first Stones show two years ago: The songs she liked most: IORR, PIB and Sympathy - and she still likes them and wears Stones shirts at school.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 18, 2019 02:30

keefmick
I know but there is no real vote. Mick even humorously refers to the "vote" during the show. So I am assuming this one the winner will be Cloud.

Meh. Respectfully disagree.
Stating "no real vote" as fact doesn't make it true.

The only evidence ever cited.. "Mick even jokes about it" doesn't add up to proof imo.
They always have been clear, the winning votes are tabulated before show time,(night before) and of course they know what they're going to play before they announce it at the shows, hence Mick's tongue in cheek that you detect.

The other side of the debate is they have no real reason not to have it be a legit vote, especially now that voting is legally tied to a contest. The only rigging that occurs is when they throw a very popular one in with the "rarities", which they can easily do if they want, so why make the whole thing a sham? No reason is the answer cool smiley

Thankfully, they have been doing that less lately. By having people register now to vote as opposed to taking one second on twitter, fb, etc to do it, also makes the rare songs more likely than before imo, as the more hardcore fans are willing to take the time vote more than casual ones. They rehearse the song vote songs and then perform the winner.. Cynical fans don't/won't believe, and that's fine, but there's no real evidence that they rig it, much less conclusive evidence.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 02:32

How has this show sold? I was concerned about New Orleans - but it filled up nicely.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 18, 2019 03:36

Does this Stadium have a ROOF to keep the 110 degree heat OUT? I sure hope so! Not healthy weather in the Northeast for the next week or so....dangerous just to breathe outdoors, I worry about Mick.

Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: July 18, 2019 03:39

Hello Stones Land. I'm going to try to record this concert for you like I have in the past. Wish me luck with the pat down. I would like to ask a favor. Fake or not please vote for Monkey Man for me.

Enjoy the show!

Date: July 18, 2019 03:43

I just looked at the 7 day weather forecast for Jacksonville...Friday, July 19 will be 90 and there's a chance for a pop-up thunderstorm...not saying WHEN. It's HOTTER here in Massachusetts for the nxt 5 days! It could be a lot worse! I'm sure there will be fans for our Boys!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 18, 2019 03:47

mickschix
Does this Stadium have a ROOF to keep the 110 degree heat OUT? I sure hope so! Not healthy weather in the Northeast for the next week or so....dangerous just to breathe outdoors, I worry about Mick.

No roof. It is an open stadium.

Bjornulf

Date: July 18, 2019 04:25

Jackosnville City Hall today. They are serious about the show on Friday!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-18 04:25 by bv.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 04:43

Yes, Jacksonville is very happy about the Stones' show on Friday. It will be hot - a total contrast to New Orleans. I have Pit tickets for this one.

Posted by: UNCSTONE ()
Date: July 18, 2019 04:48

Arrived into town at 5:30 PM today. As we drove through Savannah the temp was 102. By the time we arrived in JAX it had dropped to 82! Super surprising - not sure if a front has rolled in. If it does this on Friday it will be fine.

I’m staying at a hotel where the crew is staying - met the videographer for Keith’s side and the bus driver for the crew. They are some hard working people.

Lots of Stones fans starting to filter in - please let me know if anyone is planning to be in town tomorrow and wants to meet up. Also....for Friday....especially if anyone with Pit 1 wants to meet up before going in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-18 04:49 by UNCSTONE.

Re: Jacksonville FL USA 2019 Party Info
Date: July 18, 2019 04:51

The Surfer Bar at Jacksonville Beach, FL
July 18th, Thursday Evening/Night Party the Day before the Show.

They open at 4:00. It is Ladies Night and they will have Drink Specials going on.

[www.facebook.com]

day of show Intuition Ale Works

All is set for the July 19th Pre Party Day of show at the Intuition Ale Works, Just 3 blocks from The Stadium in Jacksonville, FL.

Brad the CEO (Has Pit Tix for Keith's side) has asked me to inform you of the following:

They will open early at 12:00 Noon that Day. Beginning at 5:00 they will begin Charging a $10.00 cover Charge. This will include 2 Drink tickets. This is to help them cut down on the people just coming in the place to use their restrooms and to get out of the heat. BUT!!! Anyone wearing a Shidoobee Shirt will be allowed to come and go as they please with no Cover charge. The Bar/Brewery will close at 10:00 PM so no post show Partying there.

I would like to Thank Brad for his hospitality and allowing us to have a great place to gather and Pre Party!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 15:00

Bjornulf,

I will be at the JAX. Miami & Denver shows.

would like to meet & say thank you as I have enjoyed this site for years now.

I don't drink, but would be happy to buy you a beer!

-Chris

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 15:04

This show was a late-minute plan for me so wasn't able to find (cost effective) hotel near venue. Staying at Hampton Inn East Regency Square about 7 miles away, any locals know this area, Yay? Nay? Ok to Uber/taxi from?

Thx for input smiling smiley

Posted by: UNCSTONE ()
Date: July 18, 2019 18:40

[scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net]

I was able to sneak into the Jax arena and get onto the field to watch the crew setting up. As I was walking in I heard the keyboard sound check and it sounded great!

Intuition Ale is a great spot - so close to the stadium!

Date: July 18, 2019 19:05

snoopy2--I have had difficulty getting cabs/uber after shows/events. I suggest walking to a "close" hotel and getting cab/uber from there. Worst case scenario is you have a drink in the lobby for 30 minutes and should be fine to get a cab/uber at that point. The Hyatt Regency Riverfront is about a 20 minute walk from the stadium and lots of people will be walking in that direction after the show. That would be my suggestion. Good luck.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 19:45

keefmick
snoopy2--I have had difficulty getting cabs/uber after shows/events. I suggest walking to a "close" hotel and getting cab/uber from there. Worst case scenario is you have a drink in the lobby for 30 minutes and should be fine to get a cab/uber at that point. The Hyatt Regency Riverfront is about a 20 minute walk from the stadium and lots of people will be walking in that direction after the show. That would be my suggestion. Good luck.

Thx for the heads up!

Date: July 18, 2019 20:16

Thanks, BV for the photo of the stadium. It does seem like the weather will be OK. Have a great time one & all!

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: July 18, 2019 20:59

I might take a Uber from Motel 6 airport south (forgot I could cancel until last week, so no Red Roof Inn for the dog).
Coming back probably stop for a couple drinks if rides are $$$ or unavailable. Hoping for good seats from Lucky Dip, but will take Pit.
Might do Uber from La Quinta Miami Lakes resort next month if it works out this time.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 18, 2019 21:19

waterrats
While waiting for the show to start, you might as well check out the lyrics quiz at jacksonville.com - it's easy for professionals like us - they should stop the time one needs for all answeres... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Access denied.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 18, 2019 21:44

In Jacksonville now! Tons of fans down here. Hotter than hell outside! Terrible

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: July 18, 2019 22:41

Just checked in The Hyatt Regency, starting to see Stones fans!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 18, 2019 22:48

Green Lady
waterrats

Access denied.

Try to connect via VPN with your browser if you are not located in South or North America. I get lots of 'access denied' replies from US-URLs. I then switch to Opera browser (works well and easy for me, open a new private window and activate VPN. I select the virtual location 'South- or North America' and there you go ...

Works with other modern browsers as well, I'm told...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 18, 2019 23:34

From WJXT:

Stones in town, stadium getting ready for big show

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 18, 2019 23:43

bye bye johnny
From WJXT:

Stones in town, stadium getting ready for big show

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up
Tomorrow is "Rolling Stones Day" proclaimed by the mayor.
Love it when the cities get into it!

Date: July 19, 2019 00:00

If you want an option to paying $8 or more for the beer and $35 or so for the food at your expensive hotel restaurant, then you get both the meal and the beer at a total of less than $20 here, and the food is just as great as at a four star hotel. Plus they have local beers on tap:

Super Food and Brew
11 E Forsyth St.

They are downtown JAX on the corner of Main St N and E Forsyth st, at the ground floor of a nice tall building shown in the first picture below. Also tables oustide.

The other picture from the river, where there are swimming many dolphins now.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-19 00:01 by bv.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home