Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Miami FL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: August 22, 2019 04:38

What’s the deal with ticket prices currently. Is demand really this high, or are prices just inflated in the Miami right now?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 22, 2019 07:13

All of South America is attending the Miami show which is driving prices higher at this point.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: August 22, 2019 19:43

wait...how is it that TM can offer to sell pit tickets for $3.7K?

I like a free market economy, but isn't that legalized scalping?

Date: August 22, 2019 20:11

It stinks but it’s legal.

Date: August 23, 2019 17:03

Probably need to keep an eye on the weather starting now

Date: August 23, 2019 18:25

Worry much?

Date: August 23, 2019 19:06

keefmick
Worry much?

Well....now that you ask....

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 23, 2019 19:23

Official National Weather Service Forecast for Miami, Florida, August 31, 2019

Hot (very hot)
Oppressive humidity (80% or more)
Chance of severe thunderstorms (99%)
Chance of deadly lightning strikes (83.2%, depending on where you happen to be standing)
Chance of Category 5 killer hurricanes (maybe, maybe not, who knows)

Enjoy your stay in Miami.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 23, 2019 20:01

Technically, if you're going to search for Miami concert weather conditions, search "Miami Gardens", instead of "Miami".

Date: August 23, 2019 20:04

Looks like the storm off the coast should be moved thru by early to mid week

Date: August 23, 2019 20:06

Also, I pray they get the sound right... I've only been to one concert here, since they transformed it into Hard Rock Stadium... for U2 in 2017.

There were a lot of complaints about the acoustics. (Didn't sound bad from where I was standing on the floor... but people in the lower and upper bowl were very vocal with audio complaints...)

Date: August 23, 2019 20:09

PS - if anyone wants to see another good show the night before, Beck is playing in West Palm Beach on 8/30. I'll be there.

(Too bad the Stones couldn't have picked him instead of Juanes! Ugh!)

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: August 24, 2019 00:48

rlj1010
PS - if anyone wants to see another good show the night before, Beck is playing in West Palm Beach on 8/30. I'll be there.

(Too bad the Stones couldn't have picked him instead of Juanes! Ugh!)

I saw Beck open for The Stones in Hershey, PA - Great Show Combo!

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: August 24, 2019 18:16

Throwing caution to the wind and flying by the seat of my pants - have decided to drive down to Miami next weekend to catch this show. Should I be worried about being able to get tickets for the 3 of us? Don't care about the seats, just want my foot in the door.

Date: August 24, 2019 19:41

Prices crazy high now but I have to believe there will be major price drops as show gets closer.

Date: August 24, 2019 20:44

Tropical Depression #5 ...

... is currently over the Atlantic, but is expected to become a hurricane by Wednesday and is projected to be in the vicinity of Puerto Rico at 8am Thursday. On its present course, it will be a hurricane in the Bahamas Saturday morning and could be heading for South Florida.

Sadly, this time, I'm not joking!

Date: August 24, 2019 22:38

A LOT can and will change in the next 7 days. Far too early too panic. Wait until around Wednesday to see what’s up.

Date: August 24, 2019 22:51

I would say tomorrow morning we will have a pretty good idea. They will start running the models now

Date: August 25, 2019 01:14

Now called Tropical Storm Dorian, and on a path that is of concern for Florida.

If this graphic link from NOAA works, it may update every 6 hours.

Date: August 25, 2019 19:01

It's still very very early, but latest tracks have it downgrading back to a depression by Friday morning...

Date: August 25, 2019 19:38

Hey, guys, we don't need to keep posting maps from the National Hurricane Center. The small map I linked to from the NHC will update automatically. So will the large version rlj1010 was kind enough to post. We won't need any more.

Dorian is expected to weaken as it passes over mountains and moves through a pocket of dry air, but there is less shear and a ton of hot moist air when it reaches the Bahamas. It will likely strengthen when it gets there.

What I do find encouraging is that it appears to be taking a turn to the NW, which gives it a better chance of hitting the US far up the coast or may curve out to the Atlantic and miss landfall entirely.

The problem with any hurricane is that it can miss Florida by 300 miles, yet still drench us with lots of bands of squally rain. The real bad news is that this wave/depression/storm/hurricane could cause the Miami weather to deteriorate as early as this weekend.

Date: August 25, 2019 19:38

Right now it is projected for south and North Carolina if at all. Not Florida. But it is still early. By Wednesday/Thursday we will have a good idea of Saturday’s weather.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 25, 2019 20:07

keefmick
Prices crazy high now but I have to believe there will be major price drops as show gets closer.

Miami is always tough. As stated above, every man and his dog is flying up from South America. Plus it's the last* show. Plus Juanes is opening.

*however you define "last"

Date: August 25, 2019 20:58

I hope if the storm does affect the show, they at least make every attempt to reschedule like with New Orleans. If it winds up totally cancelled, I will be devastated.

Date: August 25, 2019 22:19

rlj1010
It's still very very early, but latest tracks have it downgrading back to a depression by Friday morning...

Sure looks like to me it would Monday before it even gets there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-25 22:20 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2019 01:37

As with the "hurricane" scare leading up to the New Orleans show, this story seems to be picking up momentum as far as the news is concerned.
Probably just blowing alot of hot air, but I've seen and read about this on several news stations and websites.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 26, 2019 03:13

Yes - but preliminary outer rain bands w/ tornadoes , winds etc.. could wreak havoc This is the first I 've heard of this news . Thank for the posts HB. I live in Stuart which is 90m miles north of venue.

I head to Stuart from Melbourne Beach(vacation)tomorrow and will keep an eye on this development.

The beaches are better in the Space Coast versus the Treasure Coast because the waves are more intense.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2019 03:16

Keep us posted Chris, and stay safe!
Hoping for the best for everyone, and for what could ultimately be the last Stones show in the United States (though I have a feeling they'll be back)!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 26, 2019 03:32

Hairball
Keep us posted Chris, and stay safe!
Hoping for the best for everyone, and for what could ultimately be the last Stones show in the United States (though I have a feeling they'll be back)!

If there is a hurricane, in my direction, - multiple issues confront me. I do not have high impact windows or user friendly hurricane shutters attached.

I will hire sub-contractors (legal or not ) to place the metal insert shuteers on my townhome. This will cost me around 250-400 at most......me think...

I cannot get on a ladder because scared of heights except for rollercoasters.

High Impact windows cost 10 to 15 k for a town home . However, Hurricane Window Shutters would cost around 5000.

Also I do Have home insurance.

To your point - this TD cannot be underestimated It has been one hot fricking summer.

Date: August 26, 2019 03:54

I have lived in Miami for the past 35 years. We are at least 3 days away from having any type of idea what next Saturday’s weather has in store for us. Just take a deep breath and sit tight for now.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home