Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Miami FL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 4, 2018 20:16

There has been much discussion today, regarding parking for other Concert venues

At Hard Rock Stadium, parking availability is plentiful. Another advantage is that Hard Rock is located within cross roads of the Florida Turn Pike, Palmetto and I-95. Again, parking will cost around 25-30 dollars.

In other words, traffic movement is favorable leaving this venue.

Date: December 16, 2018 14:15

I'm in for the Miami show. Tailgating is a good option for this venue because traffic is always jammed getting in there so you have to get there early to avoid stress.

For the out-of-towners, if you go to a restaurant many of them automatically add a gratuity to the check so look carefully at your bill before you pay. Some do some don't.

Date: December 16, 2018 15:47

BitchKeepsBitchin
I'm in for the Miami show. Tailgating is a good option for this venue because traffic is always jammed getting in there so you have to get there early to avoid stress.

For the out-of-towners, if you go to a restaurant many of them automatically add a gratuity to the check so look carefully at your bill before you pay. Some do some don't.

Very True - Hard Rock Stadium is great for Tailgating. South Florida has grilled Chicken places called Pollo Tropical, where you can pick up grilled chicked, Brown Rice, Black beans, etc.. for tailgating. Of course there are the standard Fast Food establishments as well. There are not many restaurants near the stadium.

Temps will be in the 80s and why not go to the stadium enjoy the weather? Bring a frisbee or football and have fun. Bring extra water (Zephyrhills Spring Water) and clothes in case you sweat to much. It's a humid climate.

Again, parking at the stadium will be any where from 20 -30 dollars.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 16, 2018 16:21

no luck so far.....the prices are crazy..i'll hold out until closer to the show date

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: December 16, 2018 22:19

any expierence, mia to bahamas and back to jax ?

party time
Date: January 3, 2019 13:50

Pre-party tailgate. I think the only way we can be together is to pre-pay for a parking spot in one of the yellow lots.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-10 07:56 by BitchKeepsBitchin.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: January 7, 2019 05:11

Hi, I will be coming from California. I am still hoping to get a reasonably priced pit ticket! I was wondering, the day after the show (Easter Sunday), I would like to go to Naples, FL. Is there an easy/quick way to get there? All the flights from FLL seem to go through Atlanta to get to Naples, which makes for a long flight. I hope to see you all on Opening Night!

Date: January 21, 2019 14:37

OhYesMeAgain
Hi, I will be coming from California. I am still hoping to get a reasonably priced pit ticket! I was wondering, the day after the show (Easter Sunday), I would like to go to Naples, FL. Is there an easy/quick way to get there? All the flights from FLL seem to go through Atlanta to get to Naples, which makes for a long flight. I hope to see you all on Opening Night!

Your best option is to rent a car, its only a couple hours drive, one straight road.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 21, 2019 16:55

BitchKeepsBitchin
OhYesMeAgain

Your best option is to rent a car, its only a couple hours drive, one straight road.

Thru the Everglades
I recommend you do NOT stop and take a rickety airboat thru this crocodile infested swap netherworld. Drive on thru this part, friend.
Yep, I lived thru to advise. (AND it was night, AND the old boat broke down true)
Naples was lovely. Completely different than the soft white sands and blue water of the other side of Florida. Naples beaches are crushed up pastel colored sea shells and green waters.
Spectacular you will see both if you haven’t before.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-21 17:06 by 35love.

Date: January 21, 2019 19:56

Thanks BitchKeepsBitchin and 35Love. I just found out that I could also take Greyhound. I might explore that option too. In any case, I am going to stay clear of the crocodile infested swamp (The Everglades!). Thanks again.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: January 22, 2019 20:44

Ohyesmeagain--I live in Miami and go to Naples frequently. It is a very easy drive that takes anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours, depending on where you are staying in Miami. You drive right through the Everglades which, by the way, is a National Park, and not something to be avoided. But don't worry, you drive through the Everglades on a very nice highway which fences out the wildlife. It is a short easy drive.

Date: January 29, 2019 04:41

Parking Lot Sign

Hard Rock Stadium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-29 04:52 by BitchKeepsBitchin.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 3, 2019 00:25

Pit tickets for this show are still crazy money.

Hoping for the price to go down at some point...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 5, 2019 12:52

Heading out for the Miami show.Can anyone recomend any reasonable locations/places to stay?Hotels or motels not costing an arm and a leg.
Cheers!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 5, 2019 12:54

Looks like a nice room. wish i had the money to go.
Jeroen

Date: February 5, 2019 16:40

keefmick
Ohyesmeagain--I live in Miami and go to Naples frequently. It is a very easy drive that takes anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours, depending on where you are staying in Miami. You drive right through the Everglades which, by the way, is a National Park, and not something to be avoided. But don't worry, you drive through the Everglades on a very nice highway which fences out the wildlife. It is a short easy drive.

Sorry. To be avoided (in my opinion which by the day is more trite and boring to myself around here)was a silly true story about venturing into the waters at night without a proper guide, or boat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 16:40 by 35love.

Date: February 5, 2019 18:27

35 Love--who said anything about a boat? To get from Miami to Naples is a 90 minute drive on a highway. I live here in Miami and literally have no idea what you are talking about. I don't mean to be rude but you are making no sense and giving bad advice. You can rent a car and drive on a straight highway to Naples. In fact some people who live in Miami/Naples commute to the other city for work daily, although 90 minutes is way too long to do that in my opinion. But it is a very easy drive.

Date: February 5, 2019 19:53

You’re correct keefmick, I am writing too much.

But if you read my descriptions of the sands and waters on either side of FLA,
you’d see I thought the trip thru the middle well worth it.

Date: February 10, 2019 15:46

stargroover
Heading out for the Miami show.Can anyone recomend any reasonable locations/places to stay?Hotels or motels not costing an arm and a leg.
Cheers!

For convenience, anything on University Drive will be one straight run to the Stadium and if you don't rent a car you can catch a bus.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 10, 2019 16:40

Is anyone on board staying at the Stadium Hotel?

Date: February 10, 2019 21:11

The exterior of the stadium illuminates now in a variety of picturesque colors that is simply awesome. I will take a pic sometime this week . I work in N. Miami and drive 1.5 hr each way from Martin County.

I leave Stuart around 5:00 and leave work (Miami Lakes) around 3:15 to avoid the hectic travel woes of S. Florida.

The concert is on Saturday. Traffic should be light. As far as Stadium Hotel is concerned, it is very close to the stadium and is recently remodeled.

Date: February 10, 2019 21:20

Here ya go -

[

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: February 11, 2019 10:56

steffialicia

thumbs up

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 11:28

austrianstones
steffialicia

thumbs up

Yes!!!!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 11, 2019 12:26

Thanks Bitch !

Date: February 18, 2019 05:32

I noticed that TM hasn't been selling any Start Me Up Packages (on Ronnie's side) for awhile. Could that mean that all the pit tickets are sold?

Date: February 18, 2019 19:48

I am thinking of staying in Naples with relatives and taking an Uber/Lyft to and from the show on the day of the show. I believe the ride will be about 1 hour and 39 minutes each way. Would anyone in Naples (or along the way) want to join me and split the expenses? Also, please anyone can comment, is this a crazy idea?! Thanks.

Date: February 18, 2019 20:36

OhYesMeAgain--it would only be crazy based on the expense. If you can get a ride with someone or split an uber it's not crazy at all. On a Saturday afternoon to get to the show should only take about 90 minutes from Naples. However, getting an uber after the show could be problematic. I have done so a few times both from that specific stadium as I live in Miami and from other stadiums. It is always difficult to get reception to request the uber and/or to connect with your uber driver. The stadium is kind of in the middle of nowhere, unlike stadiums in the middle of a city where you can just walk for awhile and then get an uber.

Date: February 18, 2019 22:02

Thanks keefmick! Since my posting I figured out I could take Greyhound in the morning from Naples to North Miami for $30! That could solve the problem of getting to the show. But it sounds like that getting back is going to be the far more difficult part. I am not too familiar with Uber but I think you can arrange a pick up in advance. Maybe I would choose a time to be picked up when most of the folks from the show have cleared out - like 11 p.m. That way my Uber driver might have less trouble finding me amongst all the people. But, it still sounds like it would be trouble to get an Uber driver to go to the middle of nowhere where the stadium is. Thanks for your insights. I am going to try to figure out something that will work!

Date: February 18, 2019 23:31

OhYesMeAGain--sounds like a good plan. The stadium is easy for an uber driver to get to and there will be a ton of ubers around. I have just had a hard time getting reception after a show to request the uber and/or find my driver. Arranging a pick up in advance is a great idea. I didn't know you could do that. By in the middle of nowhere, I just mean it's not in an area where you could walk for awhile after the show and grab an uber down the road more into the city. The stadium is not in the city itself at all but is in a more residential type area with no real businesses etc in short walking distance. The exception is that the stadium is within walking distance of The Stadium Hotel. You could possibly arrange the driver to pick you up there. It is about a 15-20 minute walk from the stadium. Let me know if you have any other questions as I am happy to help. That's what these boards are great for!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home