Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
NEW MIAMI DATE FRIDAY AUG 30 - Miami FL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:04

Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the following Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 show here:

Miami

LATEST UPDATE:

The Miami show has been moved forward from Sat Aug 31 into the new date FRIDAY AUG 30. Doors open 6pm, no support act, Stones on stage 8:30 pm. More info added here soon. See the most recent posts on this thread!

HURRICANE UPDATES:

There is a separate sticky thread for the tropical storm warnings for Miami/Florida. Please use that thread for all weather discussions, as they need to be standing on their own during the next days and hours:

Tropical storm Dorian warnings for Miami Florida this week-end

Bjornulf

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 02:35 by bv.

Re: Miami FL USA 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 21, 2018 11:52

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 21, 2018 13:44

Hard Rock Stadium Official Site

[hardrockstadium.com]

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 21, 2018 14:46

So there is a No Filter/GA pit for this one?? Looking good!!!!!

Date: November 21, 2018 14:53

I'm targeting Section 116 or 117 if available - if not it will be Lucky Dip attempt.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: November 21, 2018 14:56

On the average how much are pit tickets? I live equadistant between Miami and Jacksonville, I saw them in the Gator Bowl in '75 and Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami in '94.

Date: November 21, 2018 15:02

Mr.D
On the average how much are pit tickets? I live equadistant between Miami and Jacksonville, I saw them in the Gator Bowl in '75 and Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami in '94.

I will make the 1.5 hour trip and avoid hotels altogether.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 15:19 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 21, 2018 15:54

The weather will be warm (as always) and ocean temps likewise. Hard Rock Stadium is North of Downtown Miami and South Beach. It resides on the Miami -Dade & Broward county borders.

The primary transportation, Tri-Rail runs from MIA all the way up to West Palm Beach. This not a coastal or ocean view transport.

In addition, Tri-Rail does not have a stadium stop. There is a station near the stadium. However, one would have to take a connecting bus (2 or 3 miles at most). Perhaps, Additional Bus trips to stadium will be provided for this event. Unknown at this point.

Therefore, I would have to conclude that there is no advantage in flying to MIA vs FLL unless the stay includes downtown Miami (ugh) as the Tri-Rail runs from airport to downtown. Rent a car, stay at the beach, away or very north from Miami, where it is much cheaper. Also note, there is plenty of parking at the stadium, which costs app. $25.

Traffic will be significant and a hassle on Friday (as par) but not Saturday, April 20.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 15:57 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 21, 2018 16:19

Easter Weekend!
And only two hours from my parents' winter condo...
Adventure time.

After all these tours, I've never been to an opening night...
thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

Date: November 21, 2018 16:21

Kurt
Easter Weekend!
And only two hours from my parents' winter condo...
Adventure time.

After all these tours, I've never been to an opening night...
thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

The Easter Bunny works in mysterious ways!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: DrFixembones ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:12

Chris Fountain
The weather will be warm (as always) and ocean temps likewise. Hard Rock Stadium is North of Downtown Miami and South Beach. It resides on the Miami -Dade & Broward county borders.

The primary transportation, Tri-Rail runs from MIA all the way up to West Palm Beach. This not a coastal or ocean view transport.

In addition, Tri-Rail does not have a stadium stop. There is a station near the stadium. However, one would have to take a connecting bus (2 or 3 miles at most). Perhaps, Additional Bus trips to stadium will be provided for this event. Unknown at this point.

Therefore, I would have to conclude that there is no advantage in flying to MIA vs FLL unless the stay includes downtown Miami (ugh) as the Tri-Rail runs from airport to downtown. Rent a car, stay at the beach, away or very north from Miami, where it is much cheaper. Also note, there is plenty of parking at the stadium, which costs app. $25.

Traffic will be significant and a hassle on Friday (as par) but not Saturday, April 20.

Generally speaking it is less expensive and easier to fly into Fort Lauderdale in Fort Lauderdale airport is closer to hard rock Stadium. Like I posted in an earlier thread there is nothing to do in this area so make sure that if you are coming into town you stay either in Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, sunny Isles, or Miami. You most likely will need to rent a car to drive to the stadium as it is not in the best area

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:24

Been looking at flights from Boston - nothing cheap! DEcent flights R/T leaving Sat. morning, returning Sunday are over $600! Trying to use miles - forget it.
It gets a little better flying back on Mon. or Tues., but then you're paying for extra hotel nights. Will keep looking...

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:27

Check skiplagged.com. Flight prices change all the time. Usually cheaper prices early in the morning (I'm on East Coast). I use them for all my flights. It's great. Also consider buying 2 one way tickets. Sometimes roundtrip is more expensive.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 21, 2018 19:49

Thanks for the skiplagged tip! Not giving me what I'm hoping for right now, but will keep looking.

Date: November 21, 2018 21:36

DEmerson
Been looking at flights from Boston - nothing cheap! DEcent flights R/T leaving Sat. morning, returning Sunday are over $600! Trying to use miles - forget it.
It gets a little better flying back on Mon. or Tues., but then you're paying for extra hotel nights. Will keep looking...

I just went to JetBlue.com the RoundTrip fare was $322 (Boston - Fort Laud) April 20 (morning) and return Sunday (April 21)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-21 21:39 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: November 22, 2018 07:13

HARD ROCK STADIUM BAG POLICY:

Link: [hardrockstadium.com]

BELOW ARE THE STADIUM APPROVED BAGS FANS MAY CARRY INTO THE STADIUM:

One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).

In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap (max size: 4.5 x 6.5 inches, per illustration)

An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gate E designated for this purpose.

Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity

Guests will continue to be able to tailgate with their usual items in the parking lots. Items such as smart phones, binoculars and cameras will still be permitted into the stadium. This policy is meant to speed up the process of entering the stadium along with increasing security measuresThe Miami Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium are committed to protecting public safety. This is an important step in achieving that. For more information on the policy please visit [www.nfl.com]

Illustration of acceptable clear plastic bags and clutch purses HERE:

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 28, 2018 17:35

Got finally thru at Ticketmaster after 30 minutes in line waiting.
Pit available for $1500. Seat tickets $800+
Guess this must Platinum tickets.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 28, 2018 17:50

Striking out this time around, I'm afraid.

Did they have any pit tickets for a "regular" price?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 28, 2018 17:54

angee

Saw one for $495. clicked on it and it was gone. Must have been just something
tossed in to keep us interested.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:08

swimtothemoon
angee

Saw one for $495. clicked on it and it was gone. Must have been just something
tossed in to keep us interested.

No, they were there. I had a good spot in the cue and was able to buy 1 PIT. Unfortunately my credit card was not accepted. Paying 500 bucks from overseas makes alarm bells ring at my credit card company, so they blocked it. Really pissed about this.

Date: November 30, 2018 17:24

Lucky Dip success!
C'mon Easter Bunny...I've been a good boy this year!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: November 30, 2018 17:55

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: November 21, 2018 07:56

--------------------------------------

that was my first show 8/2/1975 with j geils and rufus w/chaka khan and atlanta rythym section.

still have ticket stub (I haven't looked in awhile but think it was $8.50) and pictures.

the stage was tent like whitish with yellow top.

pits on TM sales have been $1000 and up either thru platinum or VIP. I have seen $500 ones but once clicked on they disappear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-30 17:58 by chevysales.

Date: November 30, 2018 18:01

Miami Concert

I just scored Lucky Dip Tix for a total of $81.00 for two. Of course this is risky. However, Gen admission for Lower level possibly obstructed view were going as high as 800 dollars

Date: November 30, 2018 18:25

Btw - I recommend getting to the stadium early and bring some cheap chairs and sit by your car and greet others. You may need some sunscreen. Outdoor BRs are always available through the scope of this particular venue. Also, others are willing to sell you a rib or burger and dog at a reasonable price - but they may give free - Florida is a crazy state but when one on one - we are nice great folks.

Date: November 30, 2018 18:31

Chris Fountain
Btw - I recommend getting to the stadium early and bring some cheap chairs and sit by your car and greet others. You may need some sunscreen. Outdoor BRs are always available through the scope of this particular venue. Also, others are willing to sell you a rib or burger and dog at a reasonable price - but they may give free - Florida is a crazy state but when one on one - we are nice great folks.

Can't wait Chris!
cool smiley

Date: November 30, 2018 18:37

Kurt
Chris Fountain

Can't wait Chris!
cool smiley

You bet - Steffi (iorr member) is going as well ( not with me and wife) but want to meet as well. What we can do is meet up at the stadium parking area or prior - it's only -hell December (not really ) wait a minute Rockman is in the LDU so it is December somewhere.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 19:24

Got my Lucky Dips.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 30, 2018 21:35

In for Miami, side seats...plus a pair of LDs, just in case they're fantastic...

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 30, 2018 22:27

angee
In for Miami, side seats...plus a pair of LDs, just in case they're fantastic...

My strategy is slightly different. If LD tix are in the Boondocks, then I will wait until around 7:00 when the scalpers start to sweat and flash two 100 dollar bills and say -"all I have". If they say yes - they will have to have the tix scanned at entry point before transaction is concluded.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 1, 2018 00:34

angee

Fantastic! The Opener!

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home